Kehne Ko Humsafar

By jahan0494

What happened when two people marry each other in an arranged marriage who they only met once? Will their lif... More

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Delhi Wala Gang
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Blue Family
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Epilogue
Cursed By Flames
Not So Fairytale-ish

Part 39

1.1K 72 29
By jahan0494

They all go back inside of police station. Heli's Mom rushes to her and is about to say something when Khushi, Neel, Meera, and Rishabh comes out of the cabin. They all focus their attention on the four. Heli is a bit scared seeing Neel and Meera completely relaxed.

Aashi: Officer, aapne woh criminal ko yaha se jaane kaise diya?

Khushi glares at her giving her a signal to shut her mouth. Darshan is standing there puzzled trying to figure out what is going on.

Khushi: Shilpa!

The lady constable comes inside the cabin and salutes Khushi to which she nods.

Khushi: Unko arrest karlo! (Pointing at Heli with her wooden stick)

Shilpa does just that and drags Heli inside the prison which Amaal records. Heli tries to pry Shilpa's hands off of her and push her, but Shilpa slaps her. Amaal, Ayesha, Neel, Meera, Jyugal, and Mehjabeen smile. Aashi and Heli's mom cover their mouth with their hand as they're shocked. Darshan is standing there trying to process everything.

Heli: Why the hell am I arrested?

Khushi: Rishabh aur Ms. Patel ne aap ke uppar case kiya hain for fake complaint, harassment, and defamation suite. Hence it's proven now that Heli lied to get Jaimi into trouble and to take out her personal grudges.

Darshan looks at Heli who looks down.

HM: Aashi, lawyer ko call karo!

Meera: Takleef mat lijiye kyuki aaj toh court band hone ko aae aur ab Monday ko hi khulenge!

Heli looks so shocked. Amaal ends the recording and sends it to Jaimi. He messages her to meet up at his apartment.

Amaal: Ayesha, tumhari car kaha hain?

Ayesha: Servicing ke liye gae hai!

Amaal: Ghar chalte hain! Aaj ka drama khatam ho gaya. Bye, everyone!

Ayesha opens her mouth to say something, but couldn't find any words. Amaal is already out of the cabin while Neel, Meera, and Ayesha are looking at each other and others looking at them. Amaal opens the door again and peeps in.

Amaal: Idhar rehne wale ho?

The three quickly grab their belongings and walk out. Darshan stares at Heli who is looking at him.

Heli: Darshan!

Darshan leaves the police station with Jyugal following him behind. Mehjabeen and Naushad also leave. Aashi calls the lawyer.

Jaimi reaches Amaal's building and waits for the others in the car with Armaan. She is on a call with someone while Armaan is talking with his manager. After half an hour or so, the others reach and park their car. They all go into the apartment and situate themselves on the sofa.

Amaal: Kiddo, I'm so happy! Tune Heli ko uski sahi jagah dikha di.

Armaan: Aap log kya bol rahe ho?

Meera: Jaimi, tune?

Jaimi: Papers sign karke uske ghar pe chod diye hain!

Meera opens her mouth to say something but closes it.

Ayesha: Konse papers?

Armaan: Divorce!

Ayesha: What the fuck!

Amaal: Kiddo?

Neel: Yeh kab hua?

Jaimi: Itna shock kyu ho rahe ho? Waise bhi 6 mahine baad hona tha toh aaj ho jaaega! And, I'm tired of her, so ab I'm out of their way.

Amaal: Kiddo, un dono ke baare mein nahi hain. It's about you!

Jaimi: Bhai, I'm done with this! Mere sabra ka baan tut gaya hain and humara alag hona hi best hain.

Ayesha: Uncle aur aunty?

Jaimi: Ek do mahine ke baad bata dungi!

She is calm as a saint doing meditation which scares them. They all try to process the information in their head while Jaimi is constantly on her phone.

Ayesha: Jai tu thik haina? (She asks in a low tone)

Jaimi: Am I crying?

Ayesha: No!

Jaimi: Then I'm fine! Aur waise bhi I'm in no mood to talk about this divorce, today's incident, or Darshan.

Amaal: Ab?

Jaimi: One-month holiday!

Armaan: When?

Jaimi: I'm off to New Zealand tomorrow for 1 month holiday!

Amaal: Par divorce? I mean court and all.

Jaimi: Mutual divorce hain so jaise hi woh papers sign karega hum dono ke raaste alag ho jaaenge!

Armaan: I'm coming with you!

Jaimi: Kidhar?

Amaal: New Zealand! I'm coming too.

Neel: Toh hum teeno yaha kya karenge? Hum bhi aa rahe hain!

Armaan: Bookings?

Jaimi: Meri ho gae hain! Tum paancho ki bhi karwa deti hoon. Visa toh abhi bhi ongoing hain so uska koi problem nahi hain.

Meera: Packing shuru karte hain!

Ayesha: Mein Naushad bhai ko call karke chutti maang leti hoon!

Jaimi: One second... Meri ek condition hain!

Armaan: Kya?

Jaimi: Darshan ya kisi aur ko hum 6 kaha hain pata nahi chalna chahiye!

Ayesha: Par?

Jaimi: Yes or no?

They all slowly nod their head. Jaimi does the booking while Armaan and Neel help Amaal pack their bag. Meera finishes her last-minute work while Ayesha calls Naushad for 1 month of telecommuting to which he agrees.

Jaimi: Kal subah 3:30 tak ghar se nikalna hoga! Flight 6 baje ki hain.

They nod in conformation and leave for their house. They all start to pack their bag. Jaimi unpacks her bag and fixes it in her wardrobe then, takes out everything she needs for this one month trip. They all pack their bag by 10 at night. Jaimi orders dinner as the three are too tired to cook. She talks to Chetana while having dinner. Then, she opens her laptop and sits in the living room working on upcoming projects.

Darshan reaches the penthouse by 6:30 with Jyugal. He goes straight to his bedroom while Jyugal closes the door behind him. He sees a file sitting on the corner of the bed. He lays down on the bed with the right arm resting across his forehead as he blankly stares at the ceiling. After a few minutes, he moves a bit and grabs the file. He opens the file and gets surprised by seeing its legal documents. He reads it. He has a neutral expression on his face, but it felt like his heart shattered into thousands of tiny pieces that can never be put together. He throws the file on the floor which lands near the bed. Jyugal opens the door and the first thing he sees is the file laying on the floor with papers scattered around it. Naushad and he pick up all the papers and neatly sort it. They read the papers and get shocked seeing it's the divorce papers.

Naushad: Darshan!

Darshan is immersed in his thoughts so much that he doesn't even realize that the two came in.

Jyugal: At least, yeh do teen din Heli se toh picha chuta!

Naushad: Sahi kaha! Jaimi?

Jyugal: Parso office aaegi hi tab maafi maang lenge!

Naushad: Woh aur Ayesha ek mahine tak office nahi aaegi!

Jyugal: Kyu?

Naushad: Woh dono Telecommuting karne wale hain!

Jyugal: Neel aur Meera se pooch lenge!

Naushad: Woh dono bhi nahi aane wale! Neel ka phone aaya that ki unki expert ki team contracts aur sab handle karenge ek mahine ke liye.

Jyugal: Woh kahi jaane wale hain?

Naushad: Pata nahi!

Darshan gets out of the bed and walks out of the room overlooking Naushad and Jyugal. He marches into Jaimi's room with Jyugal and Naushad trying to catch up with him. Darshan opens the wardrobes to find it empty. He goes to the bathroom to find her essentials gone as well. He runs down to the shoe closet to find her footwear gone. He goes out of the penthouse to the bottom of the building. He runs to the guards. Naushad and Jyugal are chasing him like kids chasing a ball.

Guard: Sir?

Darshan: Meri wife kaha gae pata hain?

Guard: Madam, unke dost, Armaan sir ke saath bags leke gae thi!

Darshan quietly walks away. Naushad and Jyugal can see the hurt in his eyes. The three silently go back to the penthouse and sit down in the living room. Darshan's face is in his palms.

Jyugal: Darshan, calm down!

Naushad: Jaimi ko phone karde!

Darshan takes out his phone from his pocket and dials Jaimi's number. She disconnects his calls one after another. He calls her at least 10 times before giving up. He carelessly throws the phone on the center table and rubs his face with his palms.

Jyugal: Mein karta hoon!

Jyugal calls Jaimi a few times, but she declines it every time. He shakes his head in a no.

Naushad: Mein karta hoon!

Naushad calls Jaimi and she picks it up after a few moments.

Jaimi: Hello?

Naushad: Jaimi, tum?

Naushad hands the phone to Darshan. He puts it against his ear.

Jaimi: Bhai?

Darshan: Jaimi...!

His voice was barely audible, but Jaimi heard it. His voice worked as music to her ears. A small section of her heart started to pain hearing his sad voice. She hangs up the call not having enough courage to talk to him right now. Darshan hands the phone back to Naushad. He leans back on the sofa with his head on the backrest. His palms constantly rubbing his face.

Jyugal: Darshan! Sab thik ho jaaega.

Darshan: Nahi hoga! Meine iss baar bahot badi galti kardi Heli ka saath deke.

Naushad: Jaimi se ek baar toh baat kar leta police station mein. Agar, tune ek baar bhi usse kaha hota ki you trust her, woh kabhi nahi jaati!

Darshan: Mein usse police station mein baat karta toh usse lagta ki mein accha banane ki koshish kar raha hoon aur kal se woh mujh se thik se baat bhi nahi kar rahi hain!

Naushad: I think kyuki usne kal tumhe aur Heli ko print room mein dekh liya tha!

Darshan sits up and looks down at the rug.

Naushad: Woh mere aur Mehjabeen se takraae thi. Kal kuch bataya nahi par she was in pain seeing you and Heli like that.

Jyugal: Meine tujhe kaha tha ki Bhabhi tujhse pyaar karti hain, so sambhal kar rehna warna hurt karega unko and that's just what you did! Bhabhi ke bhi kareeb jaa raha hain aur Heli ke bhi. You can't bloody have two. Bhabhi ko hope de raha tha aur Heli ke saath uss hi hope aur unke dil ko todd raha tha. Everyone has their limits!

Darshan: I know meine sab kuch bigaad diya par... mere bas mein kuch nahi hain. Jaimi se durr jaane ki koshish karta hoon par nahi jaa pata aur Heli ke saath paas hoke bhi nahi hota!

Naushad: Darshan, abhi sabse pehle apne dil ki confusion ko durr karo phir, Jaimi se baat karo kyuki agar Jaimi wapas aane ke liye ready ho gae aur phir tumhe pata chala ki tum Heli se pyaar karte ho toh uska dil phirse tod donge. Aur agar Heli ke saath move on karke pata chala ki Jaimi se pyaar karte ho toh khud ki life barbaad kar doge!

Darshan nods his head. The two leave after an hour or so. Darshan locks the door and goes to the balcony. He sits on the swing and stares blankly at the sea. Around 2 in the morning, he goes to his bedroom. He keeps the lights off as he lays down on the bed staring at the ceiling. Sleep is far away from his sight. He goes to the kitchen and makes coffee for himself. He takes the black coffee to the studio and blankly plays the guitar or does coding after turning on his recorder. Around 5:30, he randomly scrolls through his contacts and stops on Armaan. He debates about calling Armaan this hour but calls him. Armaan is sitting in the lounge with the others when he sees Darshan's name on the screen of his phone. He casually gets up and the others look at him.

Armaan: Mein yaha aas paas ghum ke aata hoon! Plane lag jaae tab call ya message kar dena.

They nod at him and he walks away with his phone. The call ends. Darshan gets dejected knowing that he made a huge mistake. Armaan sits in the cubicle of a closed coffee shop. He calls Darshan back who answers in no time with some hope.

Darshan: Hello! Armaan? I'm sorry! I know tumhe itni raat ko distub kiya, but... (He says it in one breath)

Armaan: Calm down! Shaanti se kaho.

Darshan: I... sorry!

Armaan: For what?

Darshan: Tumhe itni raat ko disturb kiya uske liye.

Armaan: Mein jag hi raha hoon so don't worry!

Darshan: Armaan... J... Jaimi...?

Armaan: Baat hue tumhari?

Darshan: Nahi! Meine bahot baar call kiya par woh utha hi nahi rahi.

Armaan: Usko thoda waqt do! Gusse mein hain woh.

Darshan: Usne... di... divo...rce papers...

Armaan: Usne hi sign kiye aur tumhare ghar pe chode. Meine rokne ka try kiya tha, but... woh meri baat sunane ke liye taiyaar hi nahi thi!

There's silence after that.

Armaan: Tumne papers sign kiye?

Darshan: Nahi! Mein usse baat kiye bina nahi karunga.

Armaan sighs seeing how Darshan and Jaimi are hurting themselves by separating.

Darshan: Woh... ghar pe hain?

Armaan: Nahi! Woh hum...

Darshan: Please tell me woh kaha hain!

Armaan: Hum 1 mahine ke liye Mumbai mein nahi honge.

Darshan: Kaha jaa rahe ho?

Armaan: Mein nahi bata sakhta. Jaimi ne kaha hain ki iske baare mein kisi ko nahi pata chalna chahiye! Usko dhoka nahi de sakhta mein.

Darshan understands that Jaimi is running away from him much as she can and closing every way to reach her.

Armaan: Darshan, don't mind me, but ek baat kahu?

Darshan: Haan!

Armaan: Jaimi ko yeh ek mahina sochne do ki woh kya chahti hain. Usne ab tak wohi kiya hain jo tum chahte ho. Ek mahine mein uska gussa bhi shaant ho jaaega and she will get some time to think thoroughly. Tumhe bhi waqt mil jaega sochne ka.

Darshan hums in response.

Darshan: Kya mein tumhe call kar sakhta hoon if...

Armaan: Uss pagal ki yaad toh call kar dena!

Darshan: Thank you!

Armaan: No problem! Mera phone 24 ghante ke liye band rahega. Mein dusra number bhej doonga. Mera jaane ka samay aa gaya. Bye!

Darshan: Bye! Thank you once again!

Armaan: No problem!

Armaan hangs up the call as he makes his way back to the lounge as the announcement for the flight comes on. He changes Darshan's name in his contacts to Darsh to make sure no one finds out. Darshan puts his phone on the table and turns off the recorder. He deletes the recording. After a few minutes of playing around with his guitar and piano, a tune pops up in his mind. He starts the recorder and records the tune which he plays on the piano. The six board on the plane. Armaan and Jaimi are sitting beside each other. Ayesha and Amaal are sitting across from Neel and Meera. Armaan starts recording a video of Jaimi as they play around with effects and features. Jaimi falls asleep after an hour or so as they didn't get any sleep. Darshan works till 12 in the afternoon. He makes himself Maggi and eats. He cleans up the kitchen and sends the tune to Naushad before going to his bedroom. He freshens up then, dries himself. He slips into his boxers and jumps on the bed. He takes Jaimi's picture in his hands that is sitting on the side table. He adores it as sleep takes over and he drifts into a deep slumber. It's around 10:30 at night. Jyugal comes into the house. He searches all the room, but find them all empty. He opens Darshan's bedroom and finds him sleeping. He walks near his bed and was about to wake him up when his eyes stop on something. Darshan is sleeping on his stomach with his one hand on the sofa and the other on Jaimi's picture. Jyugal smiles seeing that. He shakes Darshan to which he annoying places his hand on Jyugal's face to make him stop. Jyugal does the exact opposite. He tickles Darshan to wake him up, but Darshan slips into the duvet. Jyugal goes close to Darshan's ear.

Jyugal: Bhabhi ka pata lag gaya! (He quietly whispers)

Darshan's eyes shot open. He quickly sits up and looks at Jyugal. The bell rings and Jyugal jumps off the bed. He goes to open the door while Darshan enters his closet and slips into his shorts and t-shirts. He walks downstairs to find Naushad and Mehjabeen sitting in the living room with Jyugal.

Darshan: Kaha hain?

He sits down on the sofa across from Jyugal.

Naushad: Kaun kaha hain?

Darshan: Jyugal ne kaha ki usse pata hain ki Jaimi kaha hain!

Jyugal: Exact location toh nahi pata par woh India ke bahar hain!

Darshan: What?

His face is shocked like he just saw an alien in front of his eyes.

Naushad: Tumhe kaise pata?

Jyugal: Ayesha ke private Instagram pe ek photo thi jisme woh, Bhabhi, Armaan, Amaal, Neel, aur Meera the joh kuch minutes pehle hi upload kiya hain. Location nahi hain par piche jo log hain unko dekh ke lagta hain ki kahi India ke bahar hain.

Darshan looks down as he twiddles his fingers. Jyugal shows them the picture which Ayesha uploaded.

Darshan: Meri Armaan se subah baat hue thi!

Mehjabeen: Kya kaha?

Darshan: Usne kaha ki Jaimi ka hi faisla tha ki usne divorce papers sign kiya aur yeh ghar chod ke gae!

Mehjabeen closes her eyes in disappointment.

Mehjabeen: Woh kaha hain?

Darshan: Mujhe nahi pata! Jaimi ne sab ko kaha hain ki unka location kisi ko pata nahi chalna chahiye.

Naushad: That means un sab ko dhundh ne ke saare raaste band ho gae hain?

Darshan lowers his gaze and stares at the floor.

Mehjabeen: Heli?

Darshan continues to look down as he's embarrassed because of Heli. He can't believe that Heli would stoop so low due to her jealousy and insecurities.

Naushad: Aashi ne Heli ki bail ke liye woh Khanna law firm ka ek lawyer hire kiya hain so Monday ko bail ho jaaegi uski.

Jyugal: Ab bahar aake koi nae musibat na khadi kare toh accha hain.

The bell rings after a minute. Jyugal gets up to open the door. He finds Heli's Mom and Dad standing there. He steps aside to allow the two in. They walk to the living room. Darshan, Naushad, and Mehjabeen turn around and get up seeing them.

Darshan: Aa... aap dono?

HD: Hum Jaimi se milne aae hain!

Mehjabeen: Ab kya milne aae ho? Heli ka aapne saath diya tha Jaimi ko salaako ki piche karwane ke liye toh ab kya kaam hain usse?

HD: Hum Heli ki taraf se usse maafi maangne aae hain aur usne jo kiya uski wajah se hum bahot sharminda hain.

HM: Woh bahot acchi ladki hain!

Mehjabeen: Jo kaand kiya hain usse dikhta hain kaise ladki hain. (Mutters under her breath)

Naushad hears it and gives her a really look to which she simply shrugs her shoulder.

Jyugal: Bhabhi yaha nahi hain!

HD: Kaha hain?

HM: Uska ek ghar haina Mumbai mein waha ka address dedo taki hum waha jaae aur maafi maange aur woh case wapas lele.

Jyugal: Bhabhi Mumbai kya, India mein hi nahi hain!

Mehjabeen: Ek mahine baad jab wapas aaegi tab maafi maang lena!

HD: Woh toh zaroor mangenge!

HM: Tab tak Heli ki bail ho jaaegi! Bail ho gae toh maafi kis baat ki? Aur, uss ladki ne aaj meri beizatti ki hain uska kya?

Jyugal: Aunty aapki beti ne joh harqat ki hain uski liye Bhabhi aapki beizatti nahi karegi toh karegi? Aap ki pooja!

HM: Tumhari hone wali Bhabhi ki maa hoon so tameez se baat karo!

Jyugal: Banjaoge tab karunga!

Darshan just walks away from the scene and goes to his studio. Heli's parents leave after that and Jyugal closes the door behind them. The three walk towards the studio as they hear a noise coming from there. They see Darshan coming out of the studio with a file in his hands which he puts on the kitchen counter. The three walk beside him. Mehjabeen takes the file in his hands and flips through it.

Jyugal: Yeh toh divorce papers hain!

Darshan takes out the divorce papers from the file which he tosses it on the island behind them.

Naushad: Kya kar rahe ho?

Jyugal: Papers sign toh nahi karonge na?

He looks at them then, at the stove. He turns it one and the small blue and orange come put of the gas stovetop. He holds the papers above the stove which in few seconds catches flames. Within a few moments, half of the papers have turned into ashes. Naushad turns off the stove. Jyugal takes the papers from Darshan's hand and throws it in the sink. The only thing that can be seen in the sink is the ashes of the paper.

Jyugal: Yeh kya tha?

Darshan: Tujhe jawab chahiye tha ki Jaimi mujhse wapas milegi ya nahi toh uske liye raasta bana diya! Agar usko divorce chahiye, toh mujhse milna hi padega aur ab toh papers hi nahi rahe.

Mehjabeen: Woh tumhe divorce de rahi hain toh problem kya hain? Tum toh waise bhi 6 mahine baad divorce dene wala ho!

Darshan simply shrugs his shoulders. The three leave after a while.

On the other hand, Jaimi, Armaan, Amaal, Ayesha, Meera, and Neel reach their hotel by 9:50 on Saturday 22nd. After resting the night, they start their road trip around New Zealand. During their road trip, they will explore the 2 major islands of New Zealand.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Jaimi left! Armaan is helping Darshan by going against Jaimi. How long will that last?

What do you think will happen next? Will Heli take advantage of Jaimi's absence? Will Darshan be able to talk to Jaimi?

Thank you for reading! Tell me your thoughts. Love you all! ~Jahan💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1.7K 44
A 19 years old girl, forcefully married in a rich family of there caste by her parents. The bride and groom both hating the idea of arranged marriage...
647K 50.5K 42
As I sat alone in the waiting area, I realised Anika was the only person I couldn't imagine living without. She shattered all the damn walls I had bu...
13.2K 2.3K 21
Sidharth and Shehnaaz ,two individuals living their life in their own way...Their sibilings got married to each other through a love marriage but wha...
8.7K 919 6
This is story is about two beautiful people who were strangers to each other, their family united both of them for an arranged marriage and agreed to...