Part 54

Jaimi reaches home and goes straight to their bedroom. She changes into her nightwear and heads to the kitchen to make dinner. She sees the dinner is already made and is on the island in the middle. She goes to the home office and starts working. She decides to wait for Darshan to have dinner. Around 8, she goes down to the living room and starts watching a web series called, Broken But Beautiful. Her stomach starts to growl as the clock strikes 9:30. She fidgets with her phone debating if she should call or not. Just as she's about to call, she hears someone trying to get into the house. She gets scared and hides near the stairs. Darshan walks into the house and finds the lights on. It's strange, but he shrugs it off. He places his shoes in their correct place and is walks towards the sofa. Jaimi goes behind him, not knowing who it is. 

Jaimi: Tum kaun ho?

He turns when she's about to scream. He covers her mouth with his palm and turns her around with his one swift move. She is against the sofa. She grabs the back of the sofa for support as she starts to melt under his touch. Her breathing catches a pace and her heart is beating loud against her chest like a drumroll. 

Darshan: Shhh... calm down! Mein hoon. 

Jaimi tries to calm her nerves down, but it's impossible with them being so close. The air can barely pass through them. Jaimi places her hand on his chest and gently pushes him. He steps back and removes his hand from her mouth. Her stomach growls out loud. 

Darshan: Khaana kyu nhi khaya?

Jaimi: Itni derr tak bahar kyu the? 

Darshan: Don't change the topic! Khaya kyu nahi?

Jaimi: Bhookh nahi thi!

She shrugs her shoulders as she says that. He looks at her in disbelief. 

Darshan: Pet mein chuhe daud rahe hain aur bhookh nahi hain?

Jaimi just walks towards the kitchen completely ignoring him. She starts to heat up the food while he sets the table. She makes herself a plate and sits on the island in the kitchen. She starts eating as Darshan stares at her. She looks up from her plate and finds him staring. 

Jaimi: What?

He shrugs his shoulders and makes himself a plate. He jumps on the island and sits across from her. They munch on their food as the silence fills the atmosphere. They clean up and start towards their bedroom. Jaimi lays down on her side and allows sleep to take over while Darshan grabs himself a pillow. He lays down on the couch giving her space. 

The next morning, April 21st. Jaimi wakes up and stretches her arms as she stands up. She blinks her eyes a few times to adjust to the lighting. She smiles as the first thing her eyes fall on is Darshan. She grabs her clothes from the closet and starts towards the bathroom. She stops in her track and her feet move towards the sofa. She kneels down beside Darshan and runs her fingers through his hair. She gawks at him for a few minutes. She instantly runs into the bathroom as Darshan stirs in his sleep. She finishes her morning business and slips into her clothes. She comes out. She grabs her phone, watch, purse, and laptop as she makes her way to the kitchen. She makes black coffee and grabs herself a quick bite of a toast. She leaves for office. She busies herself in work trying to avoid talking about all the chaos that took place the day before. Around 11, the intercom goes on. 

Receptionist: Ma'am aapse milne koi aaya hain. Should I send them up?

Jaimi: Yeah.