When I Finally Step Out .

By Hijabi-baby

Tortured by the man he calls her father for so long , she almost dies in his hands but still adamantly vowing... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 35

61 8 0
By Hijabi-baby

Learning ,

learning ,

learning ,

Learning

and more

learning later .

* Lunch time *

I walked out of class with Maya as we packed our history books back inside our lockers .

" I'm so hungry ! "- Maya groaned as we made our way to where the students eat in school ; well no judging because I just forgot the name . Yessh . wait ; it's the cafe - no - cafeteria . Yes ! .

We joined the line and waited for my turn to get served .

It finally got to my turn as I took a milkshake and fries .

I walked with Maya and nodded when i saw a neat and Beautiful seat happily making myself comfortable.

" Sit down , "- I urged as we started to dig into my food ; I brought out the sandwiches blonde lady had made for me and munched away .

Kelvin and Jared soon joined us as the conversation continued .

" So how was class today Scarlet ? " - Jared asked .

" Well , it now involves more learning than I used to remember , "- I replied as I took a bite from my sandwich .

" I know right , "- the rest of them chorused .

Mark soon arrived as he took a seat next to me .

" Hope you're enjoying High School ? "- he whispered in my ear .

" Definitely not , "- I replied with a smile .

" Where's Beatrice ? "- I asked as

"Here I am ! "- By name , she arrived taking her seat as well .

" So how was class ? "- Maya asked as she intently stared at us all .

" We all mumbled something very not so much audible and continued to eat .
There were slight giggles among us as we all burst in fits of laughter .

We were interrupted by the clearing of someone's throat .

" Excuse you , "- I replied as I turned only to find a boy with a growl on his face whose side is occupied by the big mouth Madeline .

" You guys are in our seat , "- He said through gritted teeth .

" Make them know whose boss around this school , Sammuel "- Madeline said to him .

The others stood as Mark and I in Unison requested they stay .

" And what are you going to do about it , "- I remarked as I stood face to face with the Sammuel guy .

I heard a few gasps among the other students and saw all the many watchful eyes anticipating what was going to happen next .

" I'm commanding you one last time new kids get . Off. Our .seat . NOW !!! "- he said through gritted teeth again .

" And as she said , we are not leaving so you better find another seat , now scram !"- Mark replied this time as he stood by my side .

I glanced at the rest and saw how they were all sending me signals to let it go .

I shook my head as I stared in the Sammuel guy's eyes .

" Or this , "- he said as he pulled me away from Mark by dragging me by the hair and harshly smashing my head into a neighbouring table , leaving me dizzy .

I heard Mark growl as I heard a few punches being thrown .

" Scarlet ?  Scarlet !  are you ok ? "- I heard what I was assuming Beatrice's voice as she laid me on her lap .

" Oh my goodness , you are bleeding "- she said as I heard her request for tissues and later feeling a painful sting on my head .

I heard her scream as I saw Madeline grab her by her hair .

" Don't you dare help that lunatic ! "- she commanded as she pushed Beatrice making a loud thud noise being heard throughout the Cafeteria .

I managed to clear my vision as I saw Kelvin and Jared trying to get Mark off Sammuel .

Madeline left Beatrice alone as he ineffectively started to hit Mark's back .

Maya tried to push her away but she scratched her hand making her yell in pain .

Jared left Mark as he left to tend to Maya .

No one messes with my friends like that .

I managed to stand on my feet as I dragged Madeline away and gave her two slaps on the cheek with a slight reward of a twisted arm ending with a hard push to the ground .

" Mark ? "- I whispered as I pulled him away and finally fainting on top of him as we both landed on the floor with me being the only unconscious one . Darkness ; my old friend .

An hour and a half later .

" She's awake ! "- I heard the recognisable voice of Beatrice yell .

I cautiously opened my eyes as I looked around my surroundings .
Why is there white everywhere .

" Where am I ? "- I asked while Maya helped me sit up .

" We are in the school hospital , "- Kelvin answered . We all had various injuries on our bodies all because of Sammuel and Madeline not finding another seat .

" I can't believe Mark and Scarlet got us into a fight on the first day ! "- Kelvin joked ; leaving a chorus of laughs in the hospital room .

" It's not our fault , they asked for it ! "- Mark said in between laughs .

" I agree with him , " - I joined in on our defense .

" Our parents are going to kill us if they see these bandages , "- Jared remarked with a face full of horror .

" Don't worry , I'll take the blame ."- I said with a sad smile on my face.

The nurse later arrived as she gave us the good news of us still being normal teenagers with our vitals in check .

We continued to laugh as we left but only for the laughter to be seized by the red cheek Madeline throwing us nasty looks along with Sammuel as we passed by the principal's office . I'm sure if it wasn't for teachers arriving , they would have continued fighting with us .

We bid farewells and went to our various classes.

* Time for literature *.

I was seated as Beatrice later sat beside me with a warm smile .

I smiled back then paid attention to the teacher as she walked in .

" Ok ,let's open our books to page 1 of the lion and the Jewel "- the teacher instructed as he watched each of us bring out our books .

I checked my back pack and found no such book in my bag . I slumped down to think of a believable excuse .

I felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned to see Beatrice .

She handed me the book , I wanted to ask if she had another one but I was cut short when she waved a second book in front of me .

I nodded as a sign of gratitude and opened to page 1 as instructed .

Minutes later .

* Ring ! *

The school bell rang making teacher bid us farewell while the other students packed .

I also packed as I followed Beatrice to our lockers .

We unpacked a few books where Maya later soon joined us .

" How was Literature class ? "- Maya asked the both of us .

" It was ... Literature- y I guess , "- I replied as we walked out of the school .

We met the boys outside as we started to have a little chit chat before leaving .

" Ok * sigh * guys , I have something to tell you "- Beatrice interrupted .

We were all ears as we waited for her to disclose whatever she wanted us to know.

" Madeline is technically my sister , when I was adopted they already had Madeline so I asked why they adopted me and they said they wanted to keep Madeline Company when they were out of town but now I feel like they actually see me as their daughter . I've grown very close to my adoptive parents but believe me , they are very good people ; except for Madeline of course , that spoilt meany "- she explained leaving me in total shock .

" Wait , am I missing something here because I don't know who Beatrice is talking about , "- Kelvin spoke .

" Oh "- he exclaimed after Maya whispered something into his ear .

" You don't have to worry about that , I mean we know you are not like her "- Jared reassured with a smile .

" Yeah , you will always be one of us . "- Mark inputted as they all went for a group hug .

" What ? "- as they all stared at me with a knowing look .

" Fine ... "- I whined as I also joined in .

" Ok , ok , too much touchy , touchy stuff , I'll see you guys tomorrow by the will . "- I said and went to sit at the back seat of Mark's car leaving the rest with smiles and laughter on their faces .

Everyone else climbed on their various cool vehicles and drove off .

Mark soon climbed in and also drove out too .

" So... What are you going to tell Miss. Angelina when she sees the bandage on your head ? " - I shrugged.

" I don't know actually but aside from that what are you going to tell your adoptive parents when they hear about your scary fight in school , "- I asked with a raised brow .

" I guess I also don't know , "- he replied as he took a stop then helped me open my side of the door .

" Welcome to the spring falls zoo ! "- he dramatically introduced while entering inside .

" This is so cool ! "- I started jumping . There were so many animals !

" Oh my , what are those animals ? "- I asked getting close to the cage .

" Pandas , "- he replied as we stared at them chewing on a bamboo .

" They are so adorable , "- I smiled and went in search for other cute animals.

" Ooooo that animal has a really long neck ! "- I laughed as I watched it eat leaves .

" That's a giraffe "- he said with a chuckle as he introduced me to all the animals in the zoo ; both domestic and wild .

Two hours of goofiness and fun later .

" Thank you for the amazing experience , "- I said as we took in front of my house .

" No problem , "- he replied .

" I'm sure I gave you a lot of problems , "- I said with a laugh .

" Yep , you are a handful . You almost gave me a heart attack when you attempted to jump into the lion's cage ."- he said as his hand went through his hair .

" What ?  I just wanted to touch it , that's all . "- I replied as I was later engulfed in a warm hug .

I took the opportunity as I raked through Mark's hair , the last time for the day .

" See you tomorrow , "- he bid then drove off .

I opened the door to find the whole place in total darkness .

I switched on the light and was frightened as I was met with blonde lady with a green something on her face .

" I had a call from your principal today Scarlet , "- she said with her eyes closed with pieces of cucumber on them .

" It wasn't my fault , "- I tried to reason.

" I know but please , don't get into any more fights . The Sammuel guy was suspended for a few weeks but that could have happened to you and I know you don't want that too "- she said and took off the cucumbers .

" I know and I'm sorry , "- I mumbled .

" Promise me you won't get into any more fights , "- she asked as she got up from the couch to give me a hug .

" Unless they ask for it but I promise , "- I whispered hugging her back even though it was still awkward .

" I hope your head injury is better now ? "- she asked examining my injury .

" Yeah , "- I mumbled .

So where did Mark take you today ? "- she asked with a smile now .

" To a zoo ! "- I began as I rambled on later at how awesome animals were .

" I'm going to take a shower and head off to bed now , "- I ended as I made my way upstairs .

" Ok but I left you a little present on your bed , "- she said before entering her own room .

I unwrapped the box and impatiently tore the beautiful packing away .

And before me , beheld a shiny lastest iPhone !  I can't believe it , blonde lady got me a phone !

A/N

I knew Scarlet was going to get into a fight.😂.

In sh'Allah see you soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 980 62
#4 in highschoollovestory on 11/2/2020 ****This book starts off with the present time of a wedding and reveals a hidden love story**** Now, going to...
24.2K 3.1K 57
(COMPLETED) A girl and a boy, completely different from each other crossed eachother's ways in France. Shayaan Ahmed the heart throb of girls meets a...
755K 31.7K 56
~. His soul was dark. She was the light. His talks were rude. She was sweet. His smiles were evil. Her smiles were angelic. He was careless. She was...
255K 10.1K 48
What's the problem? The issue is when a chubby girl meets with a devil heartless guy for the first time in school, he uses her as he wants. Pushes h...