Over Again - TVD AU

By bexmikaelsons

In which Rebekah Mikaelson is sent back in time to save her family as her dying wish. Rebekah Mikaelson was d... More

Over Again
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
DISCORD! (a/n)
TEN

SEVEN

14.1K 606 224
By bexmikaelsons

over again
seven, the truth comes out part two

Freya Mikaelson had reunited with her family after a thousand years. Finally. Although it wasn't the way she was hoping, and somehow her little sister had found her coffin and had taken her to Virginia, she could finally see them. Well, except for Henrik, but he's dead.

"Rebekah?" Freya whispered.

"What's going on, Bekah?" Klaus asked. "Why did you call her sister?"

"Niklaus, honestly." Rebekah didn't take her eyes off Freya. She was proud of herself for not breaking down at the sight of her sister, but she didn't know how much Freya knew. "I need you to think for a few moments."

"Rebekah," Freya whispered again. "I died, how am I back?"

"What?" Rebekah asked. "You wouldn't have died unless... oh bloody hell."

"What do you remember?" Rebekah asked suddenly, the two daughters of Mikael ignoring their brothers.

"I was on my way to Keelin and Nik from visiting you, then there was a group of at least thirty witches around me," Freya told her. "They basically bound my powers than killed me."

"Okay, well, it's 2010." Freya's eyes widened.

"But that was in..."

"Will someone explain what's happening?" Kol cut in before pointing at Freya. "We met in New Orleans. I know you."

"Hello, Kol." Freya smiles softly. She turned to Rebekah. "If it's 2010... do they know?"

"Nik knows the basics, I didn't tell him about you or her though. Just deaths." Rebekah said, before turning to face their siblings. She was about to speak but was interrupted by Finn.

"No," Finn managed to get out through his shock.

"Yes," Freya countered, taking a step towards him, smiling softly when she noticed her other brothers tense. "We used to climb up into the trees when we were planning on a bit of mischief." Finn stared at her with wide eyes. "Never wanted Mother to hear what her little Huginn and Muninn were whispering about."

"It can't be." Finn took a step forward. "Freya?

Freya grinned, closing the space between them and hugging him tightly.

Rebekah ignored her family's questioning looks, waiting for her eldest sibling to pull away before she spoke. "Alright, brothers, Sage. This is our big sister, Freya, who was taken away from us by our aunt. Most of you know her as the sibling who died of the plague before Elijah was born." The brothers, except Finn, stared back with wide eyes. "Freya, you know our brothers, of course. And this is Sage, Finn's wife. She was, um, dead, last time."

Freya turned to Rebekah. "We should probably tell them the truth. And you can explain your theory on how I'm back, too."

They all moved to the couches as Freya and Rebekah stared at each other for a few moments before hugging each other tightly. "I've missed you so much," Rebekah whispered.

"I've missed you too." Freya squeezed her tighter.

"We all missed you. We were miserable without you." They both let out small laughs, pulling away from each other.

The others, except for Finn, had been suspicious of her immediately. This suspicion lessened when they saw how Rebekah was around her.

Finn, however, almost recognized her immediately. When they were children, they could sense each other from across the village. They knew when the other was in trouble, but this ended when she was taken by Dahlia. They had both felt the connection when she woke up.

"Alright, family." Rebekah started after they sat down. It wasn't often that she got nervous, but she wasn't sure how her family would react. "I'm from the future. And so is Freya, I wasn't expecting that, though."

"From the future?" Kol repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"You sound like Nik," She muttered. "Yes, Kol, the future. But I want to say something's before we start talking about that." She whispered a 'sorry Nik' under her breath before continuing. "I'm not sure what Nik has told you, so I'll recap. Niklaus has broken his curse, Katerina still lives and his hybrids must transition with human doppelganger blood. Father is dead, killed by his own weapon a few nights ago. Mother was killed by Nik and is currently in the basement, magically sealed in a coffin."

Their eyes widened. Apparently, Klaus hasn't told them anything and was waiting for Rebekah to do it.

"I'm going to explain everything I can without changing the timeline too much. Okay?" Her siblings and Sage nodded back. "So, first. I believe Freya was sent back at the same time I was, by the same witches. I think it was Ayana and her line, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was dying and I was sent back to 2010."

Freya nodded. "That makes sense. Kind of."

"How are you still alive?" Finn finally asked.

"Long ago, our mother made a deal with her sister, to ask her to perform a fertility spell to allow her to conceive. Dahlia initially refused, but eventually relented. She warned that the magic Esther wanted would require a heavy sacrifice, but Esther, desperate to have children of her own, insisted that she would pay any cost. When I was five, Dahlia sensed that my magical abilities had begun to manifest, and so she travelled to our home to remind mother of their bargain: Dahlia would perform the fertility spell for Esther, but in exchange, Dahlia would claim not only mothers firstborn child, but every other firstborn Mikaelson child of every single one of for as long as her bloodline should last, starting with me."

Freya took a deep breath, looking between her siblings. "Dahlia was devoted to making herself as powerful as she could so that she would never be vulnerable again, and she believed that creating a of Esther's firstborn descendants would give her a limitless source of power from which she could draw. Mother tried to protest but Dahlia reminded her that if she did not live up to her end of their agreement, she would take all of her children, including , and , who wasn't even born yet."

"Dahlia began to train me and raised her as her own. Dahlia convinced me that mother didn't want me anymore, that she was the only family I had left, and that there was nothing stronger than the bonds of family. Once I had learned the basics of magic, Dahlia led the five-year-old me through a spell of Dahlia's own creation us together, which both augmented my magical ability and also allowed Dahlia to me to give herself more power."

"Over the next few decades, Dahlia continued to train me in the "Dark Arts" until I was nearly as strong as her. Eventually, Dahlia came up with a spell that would grant us a form of immortality and invulnerability that was otherwise unavailable to witches. However, the cost of this spell was that we would be put in a magical sleep for nearly a century and then awaken for one single year before repeating the cycle. Dahlia was insistent that they both cast the spell, but I refused. Unfortunately, Dahlia grabbed me and forced me to participate in the spell anyway."

"In 1914, I eventually made her way to , where I met Kol." She nodded to her youngest living brother. "I didn't run into Dahlia again until 2013."

"You're saying that Dahlia is still alive?" Elijah asked.

Freya nodded. "She doesn't just live-- she hunts. I fled from her long ago, and I've been running ever since. To Dahlia, any act of betrayal is punishable by death."

"Getting rid of Dahlia is on my list of things to do, but there are more important things to do first." Rebekah let out a breath before starting to explain. "Okay, since I've gotten here, Elena and her friends found Mikael and woke him." A growl escaped one of her brothers, but she wasn't sure which. "They also tried to trick Nik into coming here to kill him and manipulate me. They tried to turn me against him." Her nose scrunched up as she shook her head. "They took the dagger out of Mikael, obviously. Elena Gilbert, the latest doppelgänger, tried to dagger me, and succeeded the first time."

Another growl was heard, but that time she knew it was Kol. Despite how much they fought and teased each other over the years, they were best friends and the closest siblings at the end of the day.

"Wait- They tried to kill Nik?" Kol asked

"So have you!" Klaus spoke as Rebekah nodded.

"Not permanently." Kol shook his head, dead serious. "I would never kill you permanently."

"That's reassuring," Klaus muttered.

"In the original timeline, the coffins were stolen by Stefan Salvatore and he kept them for weeks. Eventually, they were opened and we were all undaggered, except mother came back from the dead. We had a ball, Kol broke my date's hand and got his neck snapped by Damon Salvatore. Finn, ever the big brother, worked with mother to kill us all."

The others looked at Finn with wide eyes, but he remained the same.

"Damon Salvatore slept with me so he could get Sage to go in my head and find a way to kill us. Kol got daggered, I burned the bridge, which was white oak, but I didn't know about the sign. We were linked, Finn had run off and the Salvatore's had managed to get far too many white oak stakes. Matt Donovan, the blonde human boy who was my date, killed Finn just as we were unlinked."

Her family, except Freya and Klaus, were shocked. Finn simply tilted his head before Rebekah continued. "Anyone want to guess what happened next?"

"I know!" Freya raised her hand. "Finn's entire bloodline died."

"Indeed." Rebekah nodded. "If an Original dies, so does their line. Unless they are unlinked from their line, but that only happened once."

"How..." Elijah started, his brows furrowed. He didn't like the thought of his brother dying, of any of his siblings dying. "How did our family react to his death?"

"Nik was pissed at everything and everyone, hurt my feelings quite a bit but I got over it," Rebekah answered bluntly. "Kol was in Denver, but he was mad too. You were upset, obviously, but more at yourself. I was upset but tried to get over it pretty quick as our mother was still plotting against us and there were still stakes."

"Mother possessed me and turned Alaric Saltzman, the history teacher who had been evil lately, into father 2.0. Bonnie Bennett offered to desiccate Alaric like her mother did to our father, but desiccated Nik instead. Elijah made a deal with Elena, if she returned Klaus' body and the stake, he, Kol and I would scatter around the world, Alaric will follow and leave her alone. He promised we wouldn't revive Klaus while she or her children are still alive, which was a lie, but we wanted our brother back."

"They desiccated me?" Klaus demanded.

"Oh, it only gets worse from here," Rebekah told him. "Alaric found out where your body was. He fought Damon and I and staked Nik. Believing that Nik sired their bloodline, which he did, all the vampires in town prepared to die - only they didn't die."

"Bonnie Bennett put Nik in Tyler Lockwood's body as we all believed him to be dead. I decided to kill Alaric by killing Elena."

"Was there no other way to get rid of him?" Elijah asked, not bothering to hide his grimace when he received a glare from his little sister.

"I thought Nik was dead, just like you, and Kol, and everybody else did. His entire line would be dead in a matter of hours, he couldn't make any more hybrids when he's dead." Rebekah told him sharply. "Except, Elena woke up. She died with Damon's blood in her system. I got kidnapped with a few others, Nik came to the rescue but saved Caroline Forbes. Nik got put back in his body by Bonnie."

"Is this when Ha-she came to town?" Freya cut in.

"Soon." Rebekah nodded. "Elena had a sire bond to Damon, that caused all kinds of trouble, but the Hunters of The Five ended up coming to town. Nik had Conner, The Hunter, imprisoned. He teamed up with Stefan to get information from me about The Five. He also forced Jeremy, Elena's brother/cousin to make a drawing of the invisible tattoos. Connor told Jeremy that every time he kills a vampire, the tattoos grow. After Nik got the information from me, he daggered me." Rebekah huffed.

"Sounds like something he would do." Sage mused, unbothered by the glare the hybrid sent her.

Rebekah chuckled before continuing. "Elena lost the little control she had and killed Connor. I'm pretty sure she killed her brother at one point, but he came back. Nik got Alexander's sword and kidnapped Elena to keep her safe from her hallucinations all while helping grow the tattoo. All of Nik's hybrids had been unsired at this point, so when he found out about the plan for Professor Shane, who wanted to raise Silas, he brutally slaughtered all of the hybrids, except for Tyler, with 's sword. After killing twelve of his thirteen hybrids, Klaus sought after Tyler to complete his revenge. He found Carol Lockwood first, and after exchanging a few words, Niklaus decided it would hurt Tyler more if his mother died instead, and killed her by drowning her in a fountain."

Klaus had been silent while Rebekah spoke, but they all knew he was pissed about the future.

"I trapped Elena, Caroline and Stefan at the school to find out what they knew. Kol, my helpful, loving, big brother, brought Professor Shane in and tortured him." She deadpanned, getting a grin in return. "Shane revealed information about Silas and the cure, but Kol believed Silas would bring the end of time, so he killed him and made it his job to stop any attempts to raise Silas."

"You've done this before," Kol started. "Was I right? About Silas?"

Rebekah grimace. "You weren't wrong."

"Stefan Salvatore and I made a secret alliance to find the cure. Elena negotiated with Nik to keep her brother safe, but Kol had compelled Damon to kill Jeremy." She looked at her brother. "I made a poor attempt of daggering you, you threatened to stake me with white oak. Elena invited Kol over to talk about Silas, but it was all a ploy."

"Bekah," Kol warned. "This better not be going where I think it is."

Rebekah grabbed his hand. "Kol had gone, they believed nothing and he left. He talked with Klaus on the phone, told him that he was going to cut off Jeremy's arm and implied that Nik had set him up. He went back to the Gilbert house, Elena and Jeremy had been prepared to kill him even before he went back. They drenched him in vervain water, shoved a cleaver in his chest and-" Rebekah closed her eyes as she talked. "They got him with a white oak stake."

Kol's eyes were shut. His jaw was clenched as his grip on her hand tightened. Klaus' eyes were glossed over even at the thought of another sibling dying. Elijah and Finn both had their jaws clenched and hands gripping furniture tightly. Sage was comforting Finn and Freya watched their reactions.

Rebekah rubbed her thumb over Kol's knuckles, placing her head on his shoulder. They sat in silence until Kol collected himself. A few moments after she felt him squeeze her hand and kiss the top of her head, she continued talking.

"Klaus arrived just in time to see this and was going to burn the house down with Elena and Jeremy inside when Bonnie arrived and managed to trap Klaus inside the living room. When Kol's whole bloodline dies, Jeremy's hunter's mark is completed. I went to Nova Scotia with Professor Shane, who had a protection spell on him when Kol killed him, Jeremy, Stefan, Damon, Elena, and Bonnie, where Silas has been entombed for 2,000 years, in order to find the . I saved Elena from getting staked. Sadly. It was revealed that there's only one dose of the cure. When we got back to Mystic Falls, Elena had a breakdown over her dead brother and burned her house down, neither Nik nor Elijah were talking to me. I teamed up with an emotionless Elena to find Katerina, who had the cure. She gave it to Elijah, who went back to Mystic falls with me. Katerina eventually had the cure shoved down her throat and Nik, Elijah and I ended up in New Orleans."

"We agreed we wouldn't go back there, so why would we?" Elijah asked her.

"Niklaus got word that he was being plotted against," Freya answered. "The witches discovered that a young werewolf was pregnant."

"What does a pregnant werewolf have to do with plotting against Nik?" Kol asked.

"Oh gods," Finn said, realizing what she meant. "Niklaus got the girl pregnant."

"Excuse me?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
AUTHORS NOTE
hi hi hi here's chapter seven and it's at 3k words! the next few chapters are rebekah (and freya) talking about the future, if there's any specific scene/moment you want me to include, let me know!

Freya also being from the future wasn't originally planned, but it happened and I think it works better than what I originally had planned.

The timeline Rebekah is explaining may be off a bit, mainly because I'm going between memory and the wiki page, but also because she was daggered for a period.

Please help me out, theoretically, how would Kai and Rebekah work??

Let me know what you thought of this chapter, all feedback is appreciated!

As always, I'm open to suggestions on what you guys want to see. You can send ideas through pms or in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.7K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...
15.6K 385 24
Human A/U Elena GIlbert the girl that lost everything. Her twin sister ruined her life. Her brother hates her. She has no one but an aunt she doesn't...
67.8K 2.4K 86
"๐–๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ...๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐œ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ...
871K 20.5K 143
- โ๐š ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ง๐จ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ง๐ โž โœจ๐Ÿบ โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ...