The Roses That Grew From The...

By Therightauthor

Read the story to find out. I promise it'll be worth it🌹❀️!! [ Finishedβœ… ] More

Characters
Introduction
Ch. 1
Ch.2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch.9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch.20
Ch.21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57
Ch. 58
Ch. 59
Ch. 60
Ch. 61
Ch. 62
Ch. 63
Ch. 64
Ch. 65
Ch. 66
Ch. 67
Ch. 68
Ch. 69
Ch. 70
Ch. 71
Ch. 72
Ch. 73
Ch. 74
Ch. 75οΏΌ
Ch. 76
Ch. 77
Ch. 78
Ch. 79
Ch. 80
Ch.81
Ch. 82
Ch. 83
Ch. 84
Ch. 85
Ch. 86
Ch. 87
Ch. 88
Ch. 89
Ch. 90
Ch. 91
Ch. 92
Ch. 93
Ch. 94
Ch. 95
Ch. 96
Ch. 97
Ch. 98
Ch. 99
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
Ch. 100
I hope yall understand.
New Book is OUTNOWπŸ₯³
πŸ₯³Pooh Shiesty BookπŸ₯³

Ch. 19

8.8K 408 74
By Therightauthor

May 12th, 2015
South Memphis, TN

Cali's POV

Tonight was the night Key officially signs to PRE. The whole gang was going to support him. Me, Kennedy, Trey, Fat, Woo, and Pjay. Dolph had rented a sprinter for us to get to the show.

" Do I look good?" I asked Kennedy as we were getting ready in my bathroom.

" Bitch, you look bad as fuck! Don't even get me started on this bob on you." She said.

" Y'all ready to go or what? Cause Key nem said they a few minutes away!" Trey yelled as from downstairs.

" Here we come!" Kennedy yelled.

As we walked downstairs we heard a horn blow outside.

" Y'all be careful, and make sho one of y'all let me know y'all made it safe." My momma said as she watched us walk out.

" Ight teedee." Trey said.

We approached the sprinter as Fat hopped out. Before I could even step in the sprinter Fat had something to say.

" Nah. Hell nah! Yeen going nowhere with us with this lil ass skirt on!" Fat said making all of the guys in the sprinter look at me.

" And you showing cleavage! CALI IF YOU DON'T ZIPP UP THAT DAMN JACKET RIGHT NOW!" Woo said like how a black momma would say to her kids when they pick up something in a grocery store.

" Leave my bitch alone she look good as fuck!" Kennedy said stepping in the sprinter.

" Right Kenn, the fuck! Last time, I checked Omari done took his ass back to Miami." I said stepping in behind her as well.

" You let ha come out like this?" Pjay asked Trey.

" Mane, Cali ass done worn worst. This shit ain't even that bad." Trey said waving them off.

" Yeah, let em know how I get down cuzzin." I said.

The driver pulled off and began driving to the show. I noticed Key was more quiet than usual. He was staring out of the window while biting on the corner of his lip.

" You good?" I asked as nudged him with my elbow.

" Yeah, I'm straight." Key said as he snapped out of his train of thought.

We pulled up to the show. It was so many cars in the parking lot, the whole city came out to support Key. We got out the sprinter, and we were escorted through the back entrance. We sat backstage until it was time for Key to go on.

" Mane, it's a booku of m'fers out there!" Trey said.

" What the bitches looking like out there bruh?" Woo asked.

" All types of bitches. I'm talking bad bitches, lil bitches, thick bitches, skinny bitches, tall bitches, fat bitches, and you know the ugly bitches is outchea too!" Trey said.

" Ugly bitches? Fat that's right up yo alley." Pjay said causing all of us to bust out laughing.

" On God it is!" Key said.

" Fuck y'all." Fat said.

" How do you deal with them on a daily?" Kenn asked me laughing while shaking her head.

" Girl, why you think I wanted to be friends withcho yo ass so bad." I said laughing.

30 minutes had passed a man came, and knocked on the door letting us know key would be onstage in 10 minutes. We all started walking towards the stage I could tell Key was nervous because he started to bite the corner of his lip. As everybody was walking ahead of us I stopped him to talk to him real quick.

" Key don't be nervous. You got this, you gone kill it out there."

" Ian nervous." Key said.

I gave him that nigga I know yo ass lying look.

" Ight, I am nervous. Caliana, what if this shit just a waste of time? What if this shit don't work out?" Key sighed rubbing his hands over his face.

" Life's all about taking risk Markeyvius, and it's riskier to not take the damn risk cause all you're guaranteed is things will forever stay the same. So, you go out there and show em the talent God blessed you with. Go out there and do what you do best. Be that cocky ass nigga I know you can be. And hey, if this shit don't work just know there's strange comfort in knowing no matter what happens today, the sun will raise again tomorrow. No, matter what happens just know we're all proud of you regardless. ESPECIALLY ME." I said as I grabbed his chin, and lifted his head up looking him in his eyes.

" Thank you Cali." He said as he kissed me on my forehead hugging me tightly. It took me by surprise.

" Now getcho ass on that damn stage, and make dem people go dumb ya heard me!" I laughed.

" And Cali?" He said as he turned back around.

" Wazzam?"

" Fat and Woo don't know what they talking bout either. It's none wrong withcho outfit. You look good just like yo ass always do." He smirked at me as he looked me up and down.

I felt my cheeks starting to heat up until I heard the gang calling my name.

" Cali, come on we walking onstage! Yo ass standing there looking like the lil girl from Polar Express and shit!" Pjay said.

" Fuck you Master P lil brother lookin ass nigga!" I said rolling my eyes as everybody busted out laughing.

" Mane, on God ion look like that nigga!" Pjay said.

" Y'all definitely could pass fa siblings or cousins." Kennedy said.

We walked on stage with Key, and when I say the whole city showed up for him. They really did just that. The DJ started playing my favorite song Racks Today as Key started performing. " YEAH, GLOCK, THE FUCK!" I yelled.

Key's POV

Brought out them racks today
Yeah, Glock, the fuck

This nigga think I'm rappin', I'ma make this chopper sing
I'm shootin' shit with my dog, you can call me Max Payne
Cartier frames on my face like Johnny Cage
Who is this lil nigga with this icy ass chain, ayy
Brought out them racks today, I brought out them racks today
Cartier frames on my face like Johnny Cage
Who is this lil nigga with this icy ass chain, ayy

I rapped as I looked over to my left I seen Caliana rapping the whole song word from word. I couldn't do shit, but smile as I continued performing cause she really support and believe in a nigga.

The fact that the whole city came to show love to me tonight is crazy as fuck to me. I had everybody in this bitch turnt up. Once I was finished performing Dolph came back out.

" Aye it's only right to do this shit right here in our city mane! Welcome my young nigga to PRE." Dolph said as he put my PRE chain around my neck.

" Preciate that my boy." I said as we hugged.

Everybody in the crowd was recording, and so was the gang screaming. Once we got backstage I signed my deal, and Dolph told me he copped me a crib in Atlanta, so I can start recording. All of my niggas coming with me to Atlanta cause I'll be damned, if I get outta the hood and leave em behind. When we were kids me, Woo, Pjay, and Fat promised each other whoever made it out the hood first wouldn't forget about the rest of us, and every since we met Trey and Cali they was included too.

" Aye, after this I wanna take you somewhere." I whispered to Cali.

" Where?" She asked curiously.

" It's a surprise." I smiled at her.

" Ok." She smiled showing her beautiful smile.

" Aye, y'all let dip!" I said to Trey nem.

As we headed towards the front of the building. It was so many people waiting on us to walk out security had to escort us to the sprinter.

" Damn, y'all look at all these folks! How I look?" Woo asked us.

" Ain't nobody checkin for yo ass! They waiting fa Key." Kennedy said as we all laughed.

Fat, Trey, Pjay, and Kennedy was walking in the front. While me, Cali, and Woo was walking in the back.

" Aye get in front of me so I can make sho yo lil short ass don't get lost in this crowd." I said as I grabbed Cali's hand pulling her in front of me.

" Boy, fuck you." She said rolling ha eyes.

I laughed and shook my head.

" OH MY GOD KEY GLOCK I LOVE YOU!" A fan yelled.

" I love you Glock!" Another fan said.

" I love y'all too." I laughed.

" MARKEYVIUS! MARKEYVIUS! MARKEYVIUS! COME HERE!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

" Bruh, is that Bre? What she doing here?" Woo asked me causing Caliana to turn around quick as fuck.

" I guess to support." I shrugged.

" You gone see what she want?" Woo asked me as Cali looked at me waiting on my answer too.

" Yeah, hold on it won't take that. I'ma make this shit short." I said to them. Cali ass was staring a hole in my face as I made my way over to Bre.

" Wassup Bre?" I sighed already irritated by her presence.

" I just wanted to tell you I'm proud of you. I always knew you would make it with this rap shit." She said.

" That's crazy cause when we was together you never asked what I wanted to do with my life, but preciate dat Bre." I said sarcastically.

" Look, I'm sorry for everything. I miss you let's work things out." She said.

" Nah, I'm straight on dat. I actually got my eye on somebody else now. Somebody who ACTUALLY proud of me." I smiled as I looked over at Cali.

" Really? You haven't even known her longer than me." She said in disbelief.

" Yeah you right, and in the little amount of time that I have known her. She's done more fa me than you ever have. So, with that being said... You take care Bre." I said as I laughed and walked off heading back towards Cali and Woo.

" Everything ok? You good?" Cali asked me genuinely concerned.

" I'm a whole lot better now." I smiled as I put my arm around her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 282 37
Just read you'll like it 🀭
163K 5.3K 21
π•†π•Ÿπ•– 𝕕𝕒π•ͺ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 π•˜π•–π•₯ 𝕒 π•₯𝕖𝕩π•₯ π•—π•£π• π•ž π•’π•Ÿ π•¦π•Ÿπ•œπ•Ÿπ• π•¨π•Ÿ π•Ÿπ•¦π•žπ•“π•–π•£.. π•ͺ'𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•–π•§π•–π•Ÿπ•₯𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕝π•ͺ 𝕀π•₯𝕒𝕣π•₯ π•₯π•’π•π•œπ•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ 𝕖𝕧𝕖�...
261K 15.2K 95
Sequel! Continue on Cali and Key's journey. Read the first book before you read this story!! THIS IS THE SEQUEL!!! Completedβœ…
326K 10K 34
When Chicago and Memphis Link Up....This is what you getπŸ–€