Elegance | Harry Potter

By potterhy

Slow burn Harry Potter x oc! Evelyn Clermont, Fleur's sister, goes to Hogwarts despite everyone's expectatio... More

A/N
The Decision
Year 1-1 | Hogwarts
Year 1-2 | Sorting
Year 1-3 | First Day
Year 1-4 | Flying Lesson
Year 1-5 | Trolls
Year 1-6 | 3rd floor
Year 1-7 | First Game of Quidditch
Year 1-8 | Christmas
Year 1-9 | Nicolas Flamel
Year 1-10 | Detention
Year 1-11 | Trapdoor
Year 1-12 | Wizard's Chess
Proper
Disgrace
Year 2-2 | Defense Against Dark Arts
Year 2-3 | Eat Slugs
Year 2-4 | Heir of Slytherin
Year 2-5 | Chamber of Secrets
Year 2-6 | Ginny Weasley
Year 2-7 | Duel
Year 2-8 | Dumbledore
Year 2-9 | Polyjuice Potion
Year 2-10 | Basilisk
Year 2-11 | Tom Riddle
Year 2-12 | Diary of Tom Riddle
Year 2-13 | Un-Petrify
The Malfoy Ball
Knight Bus
Year 3-1 | Unexpected Ride
Year 3-2 | The Grim
Year 3-3 | Euphoria
Year 3-4 | Boggart
Year 3-5 | Lonely
Year 3-6 | Storm
Year 3-7 | Hogsmeade
Year 3-8 | Buckbeak
Year 3-9 | Scabbers
Year 3-10 | Werewolf
Yead 3-11 | Brave
Year 3-12 | Myself
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Year 4-1 | Pumpkin Pasties
Year 4-2 | Goblet of Fire
Year 4-3 | The 3 Unforgivable Curses
Year 4-4 | Age Line
Year 4-5 | Friendship
Year 4-6 | Ferret
Year 4-7 | The First Task
Year 4-8 | Partner
Year 4-9 | Yule Ball
Year 4-10 | Golden Egg
Year 4-11 | Second Task
Year 4-12 | Third Task
Year 4-13 | Barty Crouch Jr.
Dinner
Grief
Year 5-1 | The Boy who Lies
Year 5-2 | Special Quill
Year 5-3 | Relationships
Year 5-4 | New Rules
Year 5-5 | Dumbledore's Army (1)
Year 5-6 | Dumbledore's Army (2)
Year 5-7 | Dumbledore's Army (3)
Year 5-8 | Dumbledore's Army (4)
Year 5-9 | Dumbledore's Army (5)
Year 5-10 | Christmas
Year 5-11 | Dumbledore's Army (6)
Year 5-12 | Sirius Black
Year 5-13 | Department Of Mysteries
Year 5-14 | Prophecy
Year 5-15 | Dumbledore vs Voldemort
Year 5-16 | Someone Worth Fighting For
Phlegm
Joke Shop
Year 6-1 | Death Eater
Year 6-2 | Liquid Luck
Year 6-3 | Quidditch Tryouts
Year 6-4 | Butterbeer
Year 6-5 | Slug Club
Year 6-6 | Quidditch (2)
Year 6-7 | Won Won
Year 6-8 | Christmas Party
Year 6-9 | Burrow
Year 6-10 | Burrow (2)
Year 6-10 | Secrets
Year 6-11 | Love Potion
Year 6-12 | Sectumsempra
Year 6-13 | The Chosen One
Year 6-14 | Astronomy Tower
Sacrifices
Wedding
Muggle World
Ministry of Magic
Dumbledore's Will
Godric's Hollow
Sword of Gryffindor
Malfoy Mannor
Shell Cottage
Gringotts
Battle Of Hogwarts (1)
Battle Of Hogwarts (2)
Our Time
Battle Of Hogwarts (3)
...
Con.
(Bonus 1)
(Bonus 2)
End of The Story Special :)
Alternative Ending

Year 2-1 | New Year

22.9K 786 559
By potterhy

2-1: New Year

"Who are you looking for?" I asked Hermione who's arm was linked with mine.

"Ron and Harry. Ron's families are all here but Ron isn't. Neither is Harry" She replied. I looked around to spot every Ginger head except for Ron, neither could I find Harry.

"Huh, you're right.. I'm sure they'll find themselves back to the train. Let's get on before we miss the train too"

Hermione and I sat down in our seats chatting and talking about random things. Her and I definitely became inseparable. I felt like I could be myself around her instead of pulling the miss elegant Clermont act. She makes me genuinely laugh out which I have rarely done before out in public. I felt comfortable around her.

"So who is the boy Miss Clermont fancies?" Hermione asked smirking at me.

"You're crazy, I don't fancy anyone"

"Oh please do you at least find anyone cute?" The guys at Hogwarts we're definitely mostly cute, even Draco as much as I don't want to admit it. However the one that stands out to me, the green emerald eyes.

"Well I guess Ha-" I was cut off by small quiet knocks. The door opened and revealed a ginger girl. She must be Ron's sister, I remember seeing her at Diagon Alley.

"Can I sit here?" She asks. She reminded me so much of Gabrielle with her baby face.

"Of course" Hermione nodded scooting over to the side.

"I'm Ginny Weasley nice to meet you guys. My brother has told me all about you guys"

"Pleasure to meet you too Ginny" I nod. "Have you seen Harry and Ron by any chance?"

"No not at all, I thought they would be with you guys"

"We haven't seen them at all today, I'm starting to get worried"

"Don't worry Hermione they're probably out causing trouble again. I can just tell they'll put us into more trouble" I said as Hermione and I laughed. I looked over at Ginny who seemed frozen. She almost looked uncomfortable, was it something that I said?

"Are you okay?" I asked as she jumped smiling at me.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Was it something I said? You know I was just joking, Ron's a great fri-"

"No, really I'm fine. I'm gonna go to the bathroom to change into my robes" She said rushing out.

"Did I say something?" I looked over at Hermione who only shrugs.

~***~

We've been here for 2 hours waiting for them to arrive after dinner. No sign of them except for a newspaper saying a flying car was spotted by 7 muggles. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were expelled.

"Hermione maybe we should get some sleep, it's been hours since we've been waiting for them in the common room," I said yawning.

"We're going to wait a little more, they're gonna be here soon." As I was struggling to stay awake, the door barged open and Harry and Ron walked in.

"Evelyn, Hermione, what are you two still doing up?"

"Waiting for you two idiots. Explain." Hermione said shoving the newspaper into Ron's chest before I could even say anything. "Did you guys get expelled yet?"

"No only detention" Harry responded, "Dumbledore helped me out."

Of course, it was Dumbledore.. I got up out of my armchair walking up towards Harry and Ron hugging them. They froze afterward and stared at me with wide eyes.

"I'm glad you guys are both safe, we'll talk more tomorrow. And by the way, I do show caring emotions. Goodnight" I said walking back up to the girl's dormitories. I can hear Hermione's screaming from downstairs but that was none of my concerns for now. All i needed was sleep.

~***~

"Good morning everyone!"

"Good morning Mrs. Sprout." The greenhouse tree was a beautiful place. It smelled of many strong herbs that hit my nose harshly but other than that it was definitely very pretty. Herbology was another one of my favorite subjects. I'm really deciding if Potions are my favorite subject or herbology.

"Welcome to greenhouse tree second years, now gather around everyone. Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake roots?"

Hermione's hand shot up.

"Yes, Miss Granger."

"Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who've been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous, the mandrake's cries are fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent, 10 points to Gryffindor." I could see a slight bit of joy in the Gryffindors' eyes. I looked over at Draco and his two minions to give him a smirk.

"Now as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries will not kill you yet but they will knock you out for several hours which is why I have given you earmuffs or auditory protection. So could you please put them on right away?" I grabbed the earmuffs and put them on. They stink.

"Flaps tight down and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly and you pull it sharply up out of the pot" She pulled the Mandrake out of the pot which let out the ugliest cry I have ever heard in my life. The high pitch noise instantly made me press my earmuffs down even more to deafen the sound a little bit.

"Got it? Now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm" She finishes as she puts the Mandrake in another pot putting soil in it.

I hear a loud thud only to realize Nevil had fainted. I don't blame him though, even with the earmuffs the Mandrake's cries were painful.

"Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs"

"No ma'am, he's just fainted"

"Yes, well just leave him there" what? Does she even care her student passed out in the middle of her class! "Alright, plenty of pots to go around, grasp your Mandrakes and pull it up"

I grasped on the Mandrake's head and pulled it up with much force. The whole greenhouse was filled with terrible cries. Not to forget, the Mandrakes were absolutely hideous. They were all wrinkly and the smell was just terrible! I practically threw my Mandrake into another pot covering it with dirt in an attempt to shut it the hell up. Maybe potions aren't a bad subject to really focus on.

A QUICK HARRY'S POV

Evelyn walked upstairs to go to sleep but Hermione was not done with us. She kept shouting and shouting going on about how stupid and lucky we are. Her voice was drowned out and I could barely think. Evelyn gave great hugs, they were so warm. I remember the last time we hugged, sort of, was back at the dark forest when Voldemort almost killed us. I didn't realize then because our life was on in danger, but now I realize her skin is so soft and smells like roses. I look forward to hugging her more often.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.2K 128
❝𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈...❞ ❝ ...𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔❞ ~ Harry Potter's older sister + a man destined for death...? {ranked no.1 in #deadric} [OC x Ce...
37.5K 580 18
Y'all wanted a Daddy Draco story, so here we go. Carissa Potter is the younger sister of Harry Potter. She's also the more loved sibling by their aun...
3.5K 260 27
"No secrets right, Draco?" Ivory Greenwood is in her 4th year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, when she comes across Draco Malfoy. She...
2.1K 125 31
Adela Grimm arrives to Hogwarts at the start of 4th year, and quickly becomes the school's outcast. Born from a human and a wizard, she starts off wi...