The Affair (Zarry/Zouis)

By niazkiam

Zayn is married to Louis but he can't help but fall in love with Harry. Contains: mpreg, strong language, mus... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7!
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15ยก
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
sequel information, authors note and other stuff
more sequel info
chapter 38 (second part)
chapter 39
chapter 40
SEQUEL IS DISCONTINUED

chapter 34

1.7K 105 83
By niazkiam

"You've got everything right? His formula? His diapers?" Louis asks. Zayn had come over to his house to get their son for his weekend visit.

"Yep, all here,"  Zayn replies. Louis hands over Freddie to him. He seems hesitant too and Zayn can't blame him, it's going to be Freddie's first time staying away from Louis for this long.

"Call me if anything goes wrong," He says.

"I will," Zayn assures. "Don't worry, he's safe with me."

"I know. I-it's just-"

"I get it. I'll call you every second to keep your mind at ease,"

"I'm grateful I'm getting a break, I truly am. I just feel he'd have a hard time adapting at a new environment," he says. Zayn can already feel what he means by that. "Please take care of him Zayn and be attentive."

"Of course I will," Zayn says.

"Let me say goodbye to him one more time," Louis says. Zayn sighs internally, handing over Freddie to his ex-husband for what feels like the fifth time. Louis hugs and kisses him, causing him to giggle. "Bye baby, I'll miss you."

Zayn collects Freddie from him feeling like Louis was going to change his mind soon if he held on any longer. "He'll miss you too. Now, I gotta go for real. My drivers been waiting."

"Bye Zayn..." Louis says.

Zayn waves at him one last time and heads to his car. He puts Freddie in the baby car seat he installed just for him and sits down next to him.

"You're gonna meet Harry today," Zayn speaks to his son like he could understand him. "You'd love him, he's just the sweetest."

Freddie babbles on his own, trying to grab at Zayn's finger. Zayn coos at his own son, wondering where he got his adorableness from. Certainly not from him, maybe he got it from Louis.

When he gets home, he brings out Freddie from his car sitter and holds him in his arms, using his other hand to hold his bag. He walks inside his house.

The house is suspiciously quiet so he calls out Harry's name. He doesn't get a response, but he finds a note in Harry's handwriting.

Going to visit gemma, will be back tomorrow .

"Couldn't he have waited till we got back? I really wanted him to meet you," Zayn sighs in disappointment.

It feels like Harry is purposely avoiding meeting his son, and it hurts him. He wants nothing more than his two favorite people to get along with each other, but Harry seems to want the opposite of that. It makes Zayn worried that he'd have to choose someday, and he can't do that. This weekend is the only chance he has to prevent that from happening.

"Want to watch a movie with daddy?" Zayn asks his son who's been quiet. Freddie looks up at him, but his eyes look drowsy. He's probably sleepy, Louis did mention this he gets sleepy after a car ride. It's one of the ways Louis gets him to sleep, he just drives around to pet him to sleep. It's odd to Zayn that he can sleep for more than three times a day, but if he didn't have a job or couldn't walk, zayn would probably do the same too.

"This crib belongs to your brother. He doesn't have a name yet because Harry's being indecisive," Zayn says. "You can use it for now, while I build your own room. You know, you're lucky you came first."

"I already know what you like. Well sorta, so your room would be custom to your tastes, isn't that great, Freddie?" Zayn turns to look at his son who's now in the crib. His eyes are closed, he's fallen completely asleep. "Well, that was fast. I guess you were pretty tired."

Zayn sits on the floor in the nursery, watching his son sleep. He doesn't want to leave the room yet, he hasn't installed the baby monitor and he doesn't want Freddie to wake up crying alone.

He brings out his phone to text Harry instead. He takes a picture of Freddie sleeping in the crib. The picture comes out good so he decides to send it to Louis and Harry.

Louis: so adorable. look how tired he looks, I knew the car ride was gonna knock him out

Louis: any trouble?

Zayn: nah, he passed out like a light soon as I got home. He's perfectly behaved

He gets another text message from Harry so he opens it.

Harry: cute

Harry: why is he in that crib though?

Zayn: because he was sleepy and the crib is functional

Harry: k.

Zayn: do you actually have a problem with that?

Harry doesn't reply, which confirms Zayn's suspicion. He frowns, he knew Harry was still a bit weird about Freddie but for him to act like this? It's surprising. He decides that he's going to have a serious talk with Harry when he gets back. They can't go on like this.

...

Zayn was exhausted, Freddie stayed awake all night. After he woke up from his evening nap, Zayn had fed him, he seemed to be uneasy with his new environment. He didn't play as much as Zayn knows he can, he just wanted to be carried by Zayn all through.

When it was time to put him to bed, he cried all through. Zayn couldn't place him in the crib without him bawling his eyes out. So Zayn tried to pet him to sleep by rocking him first but it didn't work, he just started to get playful. Zayn had to keep him entertained and before he knew it, it was already morning.

Now Freddie is finally asleep while Zayn is exhausted. Thankfully it's a weekend so he can sleep in, he checks his phone to see he has some messages. They're from Louis, Harry still hasn't replied to him yet.

Louis: how's it going?

Zayn: he kept me up all night. He just wanted to play but he's asleep now

Louis: probably because you let him nap for too long in the day.

Zayn: you're right. I won't let that happen next time

Zayn: how are you doing? Does it feel lonely without him?

Louis: a bit. Why are you asking?

Zayn: just having convo

Louis: why?

Zayn: we're co-parents, we're meant to be friendly with each other

Louis: Zayn, you said the only reason why we have a relationship is because of Freddie and I meant nothing to you

Zayn: I didn't mean that, you know I was angry I would have said anything. Did it actually upset you?

Louis: I cried about that for weeks.

Zayn: what? Louis, I swear I didn't mean it. I care about you a lot, I'm so sorry I said that to you.

Louis: I felt like you hated me

Zayn: I would never hate you, no matter what. I promise. I shouldn't have said that to you, you just had a baby. I was an asshole

Louis: it's okay Zayn. I think while we're on the matter I should apologize for not letting you take him till now

Louis: after I had Freddie and I brought him home with me, I should've been happy but I wasn't. I had postpartum depression. I felt lonely and I didn't let you take him because I was scared that you'd take him away from me and I'll have no one

Zayn: Louis, wow. I had no idea you were going through that. I'm sorry you went through that alone, you should have told me. I'll never take Freddie away from you

Louis: there was nothing you could've done about it. That was after we just got divorced, I was scared you would think I was trying to manipulate you

Zayn feels a pang in his chest reading that message knowing that Louis is right. If he had told Zayn that he was depressed and lonely then, Zayn would have thought Louis was just trying to manipulate him into staying with him. He feels guilty.

Louis was going through all this alone, and Zayn had made it worse by yelling at him and telling him that he means nothing to him. Why did he even do that? He tries to recall that day, he remembers feeling so angry, but what triggered that? Louis had just hired a new nanny that was attractive. Zayn had felt that Louis liked him so he lashed out.

But why would he even lash out? Was he jealous? No, it was something more than that. He hated the thought of Louis moving on, he wanted to see him miserable, and the fact that Louis had actually been miserable just makes him feel worse.

He is such a bad person.

Zayn: I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am. I want to make things right. Can I talk to you in person when I bring Freddie back?

Louis: Zayn I don't know if that's a good idea. I don't think there's anything you could say that can change things

Zayn: I know I can't change who I was in the past. But just give me a chance to make things better

Louis: alright Zayn.

Louis: I've been meaning to ask, how is Harry like towards Freddie?

Zayn starts to think. He doesn't know if he should tell Louis that Harry's been a bit unwelcoming or not. He shakes his head, that's a terrible idea. Louis would never let Freddie come over again if he knew that. And he knows it's a bit far-fetched but he also hopes that Louis and Harry could get along, and if Louis knew that he would just hate Harry more.

Zayn: he loves him

Louis: oh okay, that's a relief. I was worried he would act hostile around him

Zayn feels a bit bad that he basically just lied, but he's sure if Harry just takes the time to get to know Freddie he would love him.

Like his mind is being read, he heard the sound of the front door opening. He can hear familiar footsteps that already tell him that it's Harry that just walked in.

He walks over to go welcome his boyfriend.

..

okay but now who feels bad for Louis?

split the chapter into two so sorry this is short. 30 comments for the next one. Will still update regardless tho so no need to spam, it just makes it faster. Stay safe guys love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 2.5K 37
Zayn Malik is content with his life. His parents accepted him in his choice of lifestyle, he has a very cute baby, that even if the biological father...
27.2K 871 14
A/u where Harry and Louis used to date in college but they broke up due to some reasons. Four years later they meet again but a little someone ships...
59.5K 2K 34
Harry is a broke university student, and he'd do anything at this point for some extra cash. Louis wants a kid, and he's done waiting for the right m...
3.4K 184 20
Harry is in love with Louis. Harry has cancer and is terminal, but his body decides otherwise. -------- I DO NOT own this story. All he credits go to...