Elegance | Harry Potter

By potterhy

Slow burn Harry Potter x oc! Evelyn Clermont, Fleur's sister, goes to Hogwarts despite everyone's expectatio... More

A/N
The Decision
Year 1-1 | Hogwarts
Year 1-2 | Sorting
Year 1-3 | First Day
Year 1-4 | Flying Lesson
Year 1-6 | 3rd floor
Year 1-7 | First Game of Quidditch
Year 1-8 | Christmas
Year 1-9 | Nicolas Flamel
Year 1-10 | Detention
Year 1-11 | Trapdoor
Year 1-12 | Wizard's Chess
Proper
Disgrace
Year 2-1 | New Year
Year 2-2 | Defense Against Dark Arts
Year 2-3 | Eat Slugs
Year 2-4 | Heir of Slytherin
Year 2-5 | Chamber of Secrets
Year 2-6 | Ginny Weasley
Year 2-7 | Duel
Year 2-8 | Dumbledore
Year 2-9 | Polyjuice Potion
Year 2-10 | Basilisk
Year 2-11 | Tom Riddle
Year 2-12 | Diary of Tom Riddle
Year 2-13 | Un-Petrify
The Malfoy Ball
Knight Bus
Year 3-1 | Unexpected Ride
Year 3-2 | The Grim
Year 3-3 | Euphoria
Year 3-4 | Boggart
Year 3-5 | Lonely
Year 3-6 | Storm
Year 3-7 | Hogsmeade
Year 3-8 | Buckbeak
Year 3-9 | Scabbers
Year 3-10 | Werewolf
Yead 3-11 | Brave
Year 3-12 | Myself
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Year 4-1 | Pumpkin Pasties
Year 4-2 | Goblet of Fire
Year 4-3 | The 3 Unforgivable Curses
Year 4-4 | Age Line
Year 4-5 | Friendship
Year 4-6 | Ferret
Year 4-7 | The First Task
Year 4-8 | Partner
Year 4-9 | Yule Ball
Year 4-10 | Golden Egg
Year 4-11 | Second Task
Year 4-12 | Third Task
Year 4-13 | Barty Crouch Jr.
Dinner
Grief
Year 5-1 | The Boy who Lies
Year 5-2 | Special Quill
Year 5-3 | Relationships
Year 5-4 | New Rules
Year 5-5 | Dumbledore's Army (1)
Year 5-6 | Dumbledore's Army (2)
Year 5-7 | Dumbledore's Army (3)
Year 5-8 | Dumbledore's Army (4)
Year 5-9 | Dumbledore's Army (5)
Year 5-10 | Christmas
Year 5-11 | Dumbledore's Army (6)
Year 5-12 | Sirius Black
Year 5-13 | Department Of Mysteries
Year 5-14 | Prophecy
Year 5-15 | Dumbledore vs Voldemort
Year 5-16 | Someone Worth Fighting For
Phlegm
Joke Shop
Year 6-1 | Death Eater
Year 6-2 | Liquid Luck
Year 6-3 | Quidditch Tryouts
Year 6-4 | Butterbeer
Year 6-5 | Slug Club
Year 6-6 | Quidditch (2)
Year 6-7 | Won Won
Year 6-8 | Christmas Party
Year 6-9 | Burrow
Year 6-10 | Burrow (2)
Year 6-10 | Secrets
Year 6-11 | Love Potion
Year 6-12 | Sectumsempra
Year 6-13 | The Chosen One
Year 6-14 | Astronomy Tower
Sacrifices
Wedding
Muggle World
Ministry of Magic
Dumbledore's Will
Godric's Hollow
Sword of Gryffindor
Malfoy Mannor
Shell Cottage
Gringotts
Battle Of Hogwarts (1)
Battle Of Hogwarts (2)
Our Time
Battle Of Hogwarts (3)
...
Con.
(Bonus 1)
(Bonus 2)
End of The Story Special :)
Alternative Ending

Year 1-5 | Trolls

31K 1.1K 1.3K
By potterhy

❝︎Keep your hair down, you look nice
with it down❞︎

05: Trolls

"Wingardium Leviosa," I said pointing my wand towards the feather resting in front of me. Everyone's eyes followed my feather as it flew up. It really wasn't that impressive but I didn't mind all the envy.

"Excellent Miss Clermont!" Professor Flitwick said with a big smile. It was a basic spell, I learned this for fun on my own when I was 8. I don't understand how the others were struggling with this.

"How did you do that?" Harry asked sitting next to me.

"Swish and Flick," I said holding my wand to show him the hand motion. We smiled at each other for a moment until we heard Ron banging his wand on the table.

"Stop stop STOP! You're going to take someone's eye out!" Hermione yelled holding his arm. "Besides, you're saying it wrong, it's leviosa not leviosar."

"You do it then!"

"Wingaridum Leviosa" Hermione casted successfully floating the feather and getting a praise from the professor.

"Wingar leviosa wingar levi-"

BOOM

I looked over to find Seamus has blown up the feather. This boy is talented in blowing things up. I looked over at Harry who laughed and I follow his laughs too.

"Did you just... Laugh?" Ron asked looking at me like I'm a madman.

"Um, sorry?" Ice princess, Draco's words pop up in my head once again as I rolled my eyes.

"For the record, I have various emotions," I muttered rolling my eyes, looking away.

As we walked out of class to go to our next class, Hermione and I find ourselves right behind Harry and Ron unintentionally being able to hear their conversation.

"Did you see Evelyn?" Ron says to Harry. Hermione and I look at each other in confusion as we continued to listen.

"What about her?"

"She.. laughed, the ice princess laughed! She must've drunk something weird." I rolled my eyes, I hate my new nickname.

"I mean what's so weird about that?" Harry asked. I could feel my face heat up a bit, I don't know why though.

"Because she rarely laughs! All she does is smile or have no emotions. She's so proper! Like royalty! There's a reason why Hermione hangs out with her"

"Sorry?" Harry looks at him furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hermione, she's a mad one! Who would ever want to be friends with her? that's why she hangs out with Evelyn, she doesn't show her emotions so she won't know if Evelyn doesn't like her. No one likes Hermione! I bet Evelyn doesn't either," Before I could snap at him, Hermione brushes pass them.

"Ice princess is it?" I asked crossing my arms making the two look at me. Ron looked scared and Harry stares not knowing what to say.

"Just because someone is smarter than you doesn't make her someone everyone hates. In fact, she does have friends, she's my best friend and I really mean it. Don't talk about my best friend like that Weasley," I said glaring at him before brushing past them and chasing after Hermione.

I ran into the girl's bathroom to hear Hermione sniffling. She's been crying that's for sure. The bathroom was empty and there were only the two of us. The rest of the students were at the great hall enjoying their feasts.

"Hermione? Are you alright?" I asked.

"Go away."

"Don't take what Ron said seriously, you have many friends, I'm your friend"

"Just leave me alone!"

I sighed, "Listen, Hermione, I really do like you. You're my first ever friend, you're my best friend. I feel comfortable around you, I feel like I can be myself, being Evelyn, not just Clermont. I promise that I really think you're amazing"

After a long silence, the door unlocked and she walked out with puffy eyes still filled with tears. "You mean it?" She asked.

"Of course," I said as I smile and hug her. She seems a bit surprised at first but hugged me back. Honestly, I'm starting to get used to people realizing I have different emotions.

"EVELYN, HERMIONE!" We quickly look over towards the door of the girl's bathroom. That was definitely Harry's voice, but it was desperate. I could hear them try to yell more things but their voices were drowned out by large stomping noises. Then walked in, a troll.

Hermione screamed and I looked up at the troll calmly but felt my body shake. Personally, I think my soul left my body. We both ran into the stall Hermione came out of and hid. The troll using his club, however, swept the stalls, barely missing our heads. We both covered our head crouched down and curled up in a ball while Harry and Ron ran in.

"HELP!" Hermione yelled. The two started throwing rocks at the troll as the troll tried to get rid of the piles of wood blocking it from us.

"HEY PEA BRAIN!" Ron hit the troll in the head causing it to be distracted. Quickly, Hermione and I tried to run away from under the sinks when the troll noticed and smashed one of the sinks as I screamed barely missing me. It was about to strike again when Harry jumped on his head distracting, it barely missing Hermione this time. As the troll struggled to get Harry off of his neck, Harry's wand gets stuck up the troll's nose.

"Yuck," I grumbled with a disgusted face.

"DO SOMETHING"The troll grabbed Harry by his legs as he yelled at Ron. Then the troll takes a swing which Harry curls up to dodge. The whole time, Ron only stared, terrified.

"Like what!"

"Anything!" Harry yelled dodging another swing. I saw Ron looking at me for help, though what are you looking at me for, you only know one damn spell...

"RON! Swish and Flick" I yelled showing him the hand motion.

"Wingardiun Leviosa!" Ron casted as the troll took another swing for Harry only to realize his club was levitating in the air. This worked out better than I thought, it's always the simplest spells that do the most. The club traveled on top of his head before landing on it, knocking the troll out.

"Is it.. dead?" Hermione asked walking towards the troll laying in the middle of the girl's bathroom.

"I don't think so.. that's no doubt," Harry said before pulling his wand out of the troll's nose. I can't help but look away otherwise I would throw up, the others groaned too. Professor McGonagall, Snape, and Quirrell came rushing in to find the troll on the floor. I'm guessing the loud noise of the troll crashing onto the ground alerted the professors.

"Oh my goodness! E..Explain yourselves both of you!" She yelled turning to Harry and Ron.

"It's MY fault, Professor McGonagall," Hermione said as Harry Ron and I looked at each other confused. I was pleasantly surprised, she cared about her reputation more than anything. Not to forget, she hates breaking the rules.

"Miss Granger,"

"I went looking for the troll Professor McGonagall. I've read about them and thought I could handle it and but I was wrong. If Harry Ron and Evelyn didn't come to find me I would probably be dead" She continued. Professor McGonagall said something back but I didn't pay attention. I followed Harry's gaze and saw Snape's bloody leg which he quickly covered up glaring at Harry. I observed the two as Snape looked at him suspiciously and walked away.

"Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment," Professor McGonagall said as I snapped back to reality. "As for you three, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. 5 points will be awarded for each of you for sheer dumb luck!" We smiled at each other as the three walked away. We left the bathroom following our Professors.

I was a mess, covered in dust, I knew my hair was a mess too. I untied it letting it down as I combed through. Harry stayed behind with me as Ron and Hermione walked in front, Ron seemed to be apologizing... As he should. I sighed and put my comb back in my robe.

"You should keep it like that" Harry said as I was gathering my hair to tie it back up.

"Sorry?"

"Keep your hair down, you look nice with it down," He said looking away quickly walking faster to catch up to Ron. I release my hair feeling my face heat up and caught up with the rest.

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.2K 128
❝𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈...❞ ❝ ...𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔❞ ~ Harry Potter's older sister + a man destined for death...? {ranked no.1 in #deadric} [OC x Ce...
227K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
3.5K 260 27
"No secrets right, Draco?" Ivory Greenwood is in her 4th year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, when she comes across Draco Malfoy. She...
85.3K 2.6K 42
❝Because Y/N, I need to look out for you alright?❞ // Y/N the Muggle, the Potterhead, the witch joined the Wizarding World when Chamber of Secrets ha...