Deal: Fake Dating The Badboy

By Rachelle470

When Tara cheats on Liam and he wants revenge, Sapphire wants her friend to stop sending her on blind dates... More

Chapter one
Published Works
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Interested in more?
Epilogue

Chapter twenty five

6.9K 140 4
By Rachelle470

Chapter twenty five
A couple miles of running later I had absolutely no idea where I was. Somewhere in the middle of a bunch of cornfields. I knew one thing: I was angry. Far more than angry I was furious. How did I get played again? He promised and I freakin' believed him.

I yelled loudly. One of the perks of being in the middle of nowhere is that no one would hear you if you got the sudden urge to scream, and I had a lot of motivation for yelling right now. I'm so stupid. I kicked a rock at my feet. It flew in the air before joining its friends in the gravel. The entire street was empty and barren, no doubt because of how late it was.

The sky was filling up with clouds and just by the smell I could tell it was going to rain. No doubt the universe's way of spiting me. How dare it make it rain when I was so upset. I wanted to scream at the sky.

And sure, maybe I was being a bit irrational but I was mad. I was almost happy, I was so close and then the world had to say 'oops sorry, my mistake' and take it all away. What I did to deserve this I wasn't sure yet. I wish the world would tell me because I'd be happy to change if this is what my life is going to be.

I finally collapsed, falling onto the ground with a huff. My mind was foggy and I tried to come up with any rational thought. This wasn't how I planned things to turn out in the slightest. I should have known it was too good to be true. I should have known he was too perfect.

I tossed a rock that was next to me, feeling no motivation to get up. I very ungratefully ripped my phone out of my back pocket.

I had dozens of messages from Tara and Athena both. Even a few from Sam, though I refused to read those. I didn't want to hear any of it. I didn't care. What could they possibly say that would make me feel any better? My boyfriend, or I guess ex boyfriend, just cheated on me. What could they say that would make me feel okay.
I sat on the ground, tracing random shapes into the gravel. The sun was already setting and it was about to become night. I was a long way from home, and as for how I was gonna get back I had no idea. I let the tears flow freely down my face as I stared into the sky. The sunset was beautiful and if I wasn't so upset I probably would have loved it. But I didn't feel like being happy at the moment.

So I sat and mopped, because I deserved to mope for a moment. I deserved to be sad for a second. And once I was done being sad I lifted my phone up from the gravel.

I finally opened my phone, scrolling through the messages. Athena left hundreds of messages asking where I was and if I was okay. I sent her a quick message stating that I was fine. I checked Tara's next. Hers were more peculiar, all filled with things along the lines of 'It wasn't Liam's fault' and 'I can explain'.

I wiped the snot from my nose and rubbed my face before replying back a quick 'what do you mean?'

She replied almost instantly, 'Please call me' .
I groaned but hit the call button anyway. It rang once before Tara answered, "Liam didn't cheat on you!"

I sniffled, "Huh?"

She went to speak but I cut her off, "I saw him kiss another girl,"

"Lydia, I know. She's on the cheer team with me,"
I already knew that it was somebody from the cheer team but I let her continue anyway. I needed to know what she was going to say. "So I heard what happened, about Liam cheating on you and I couldn't see how that could possibly be the case since Liam was so hurt after I cheated on him,"

"So what? Maybe that was his way of coping with the pain," I looked back up to the sun which was almost completely gone.

"So I started talking to the girls on the cheer team to figure out who did it and it was Lydia. She said she came on to Liam and he pushed her away. He didn't kiss her back for even a second,"

I stayed quiet for a small moment, "That doesn't make any sense why would do that? I thought she was into girls?"

Tara hesitated, her voice sounding almost... guilty, "It was my fault. She is into girls which is why the team thought she would be the perfect person to make you believe that he cheated on you,"

I was angry all over again, "What do you mean it was your fault?"

"They did it for me. Because of all the times I had said I didn't want Liam with you. I never meant it, I swear. And I told them to back off and never do something like that again,"

"Thank you," and with that I hung up.

I knew it was a bit rude, and I probably shouldn't have. I wasn't angry at Tara. I was angry at myself. For letting him in, for letting him break down my walls. I should have never let him get so close, give him the power to hurt me.

I stood back up, my legs wobbling and aching. I slowly dragged my limbs down the road as I finally headed home. I probably looked like a crazy person. The moon was now up, it was full and surrounded by stars. That was the only way I could tell where I was. There were very few places in our town with so little light pollution that you could actually see the stars, one of them being the Anderson farm. And big shocker here, they were Liam's cousins.

I groaned, yelling at myself for my stupidity. Of course I went here, what is wrong with me? I shook my head and continued walking. I doubt they would notice me anyway. My legs took me as far as they could before I really felt like I was going to collapse, at this point I was dehydrated.
I staggered slightly, continuing on the road. A pair of headlights followed me. I paid no attention, going on my way, that was until the car parked. Not bothering to turn off the ignition the person jumped out running towards me. "Fire please!"

Liam.

I shook my head and started walking in the other direction, this time faster. Liam stayed right on my tail. "Sapphire please wait,"

I shook my head, the tears flowing down again once more.

I can't do this. I can't do this right now.

"I didn't cheat on you! I swear,"

And I knew he was right. But what if he did? What if we got together and he decided I wasn't what he wanted anymore? What if, somewhere down the line, he realized he would never fall in love with me? What if I ended up like Tara, telling him countless times how in love I was with him, only to never hear the words back.
"I can't do this Liam," I choked back my tears.

He grabbed my hand, "Sapphire please,"
A droplet of water fell onto his cheek. I glanced up to the sky. Another drop of water hit my own face and before I knew it the two of us were becoming drenched. My own words echoed through my head: everything good happens in the rain.

Liam cupped my face in his hand, "Please Sapphire, you have to believe me,"

I stared up into his deep blue eyes. They were honest and sincere, and if I didn't know any better I would think he was trying not to cry. Over what, I wasn't sure. The thought of losing me couldn't be that horrible, could it?

"I believe you I whispered softly,"

His eyes lit up for a split second and I hate to be the reason they dimmed again.

"But I can't do this Liam, I just can't,"

I untwined myself from his grip. And I could practically hear his heart breaking.

I'll break his heart before he gets the chance to break mine.

And maybe that made me a horrible person but I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't let someone tear my heart in two.

So I continued on my way, leaving Liam in the dust behind me. I wrapped my arms around myself, letting myself sob.

Everything good happens in the rain.

And maybe I was wrong about that. Because this didn't feel good. This felt horrible, gut wrenching. I wanted nothing more than to crawl up in a ball and cry.

I wasn't sure where I would go, freeze in the rain no doubt. But I knew Liam would never let me walk home alone in the rain. Because of who he was. The sweetest guy in the world, and that only made it every so harder to leave.

His footsteps followed behind me as he ran after me. "Sapphire please!"

I didn't listen.

"I'm in love with you!"

I froze dead in my tracks. "What?" I croaked.
He didn't hesitate, "I'm in love with you. I am wholeheartedly in love with you. I have been for a while. I love everything about you. I love how caring and kind you are, I love the way you play with your hair when you're nervous, and how independent you are. And I know you don't need me, you don't need anyone but I want to be part of your life. Even if it's just as friends, although I would much rather be more. I just want to be there for you Sapphire. Please, just give me a chance,"

And for a second every doubt I had drifted away. Because they were all laid on the fact that Liam didn't love me. And I remembered what Sam had said: that Liam never said I love you.

But I couldn't just be one of those girls who went right back to their horrible ex's just because they profess their love.

But that's the thing, Liam wasn't horrible. He was far from it. He was sweet, he was always there for me. He would never cheat on me, and lastly, I trusted him.

He grabbed my hand gently, turning me around. He cupped my face with one of his hands, rubbing my cheek gently with his thumb. "I love you Sapphire Kingston," he repeated.

I had made up my mind. This was the first thing I had been sure about in a long time. I jumped up on my top toes, pressing lips to his, which seemed to fit perfectly with his. He sucked in a deep breath before pulling me closer to him. His lips moving in sync with mine. I curved my body into his, his soaking wet clothes squishing in the process. His lips curved against mine and I found myself doing the same. He brought his hands up to hold my face, deepening the kiss.

And it felt like everything disappeared, and suddenly it was just me, him, and the rain. I felt safe, protected, loved. I never wanted it to end. I wanted all of him.

I pulled him even closer, which I didn't think was even possible. His fingers trailed up my shirt, sending sparks at every spot he touched. I ran my hands all along his back.

My heart pounded against my rib cage and I was sure Liam could heat, but I didn't care. All I cared about was me and him, the two of us together.
And if only I could breath forever, but unfortunately I couldn't and we had to pull away. Neither of us opened our eyes, my nose pressed against his as we panted in each other's faces. "I love you," I murmured against his lips, opening my eyes.

His eyes shot open and the most breathtaking smile I had ever seen a human wear spread across his lips. "Really?" He whispered softly.
I nodded, kissing his jaw gently. He pulled my into a hug, burying his face against my neck.

"I'm sorry I hurt you," he apologized.

"I'm sorry too,"

I involuntarily shivered, my teeth chattering.
Liam pulled away, rubbing my arms in an attempt to warm them, "You're freezing, let's get you home,"

I nodded, wrapping my arms around myself. Liam grabbed my hand and the two of us sprinted to his car. I giggled as I hopped into the car. Liam draped his jacket, which was still dry since it had been sitting in the car, around my shoulders.

I cuddled into his jacket, which smelled just like him: apples and vanilla. For a moment, I was perfectly happy. I had the greatest friends in the world. A sweet and loving boyfriend. A mother who really cared for me. I had made a mends with Tara. My life was finally coming together.
I glanced over to Liam, who was smiling like an idiot as he watched the road. He looked just as content as I was. He glanced at me quickly before returning his eyes to the road. He reached over, grabbing my hand and lacing his fingers with mine, before bringing it to his lips. He kissed it gently rubbing my hand with the back of his hand. I grinned, resting our hands on my legs.
So maybe life really could get better. Maybe I didn't have to push everyone away and keep them out. The truth was: not everyone leaves. Maybe some people do, but not everybody. And I had to learn that that was okay. I would be perfectly fine on my own if everyone did leave but I would be equally as happy if they stayed. I needed to learn that the time I had with them would be worth it in the long run. So if by some chance things don't go the way I want them to, and me and Liam go out separate ways, I would be okay. Because it would all be worth it. And if he did stay, then I would be the luckiest girl in the world.

I watched the scene pass in front of me, the rain trickling down the windshield.

Everything good happens in the rain.

A/N
Hey guys! Omg the books finally done, the epilogue is all I have left to write. I really hope you guys enjoyed this book and if you want to see more of it go check out It All Started With A Deal. It should be on my profile, I update far more often than I did on this book. I also have a few other books: It All Started With A Dare, which updates weekly. And The Game, but I won't be updating that one until It All Started With A Dare is published.
It All Started With A Deal is a rewrite of this book. It is written far better and the plot is fairly different. Several things changed and it is definitely far better planned out so if you liked this book I recommend checking that one out.
I'll try to write the epilogue quickly. It shouldn't take me too long since I know what I want to happen so hopefully I'll have the motivation to write it.
Thank you all so much for reading this book and supporting me, I love you all.
Lots of love,
Rachelle <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 57 7
When you got a new roommate, you never expected for it to get so frustrating... or so tempting... or so painful. Story was made for Tik Tok!
946K 36.9K 27
A shy art student finds herself drawn to an older guy she encounters in a cafe. Something sparks between them, but everything is not black and white...
1.4M 29.4K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
225 9 27
After an extremely tragic and traumatic event, Callie finds out the world is not what she thought. At a loss in her new reality, she goes on to find...