When I Finally Step Out .

By Hijabi-baby

Tortured by the man he calls her father for so long , she almost dies in his hands but still adamantly vowing... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 31

61 6 0
By Hijabi-baby

My room was pretty impressive ; she had painted the walls white with flower patterns at the end of every wall .

My soft purple bedsheet , rug .
A walk in closet ; a dressing mirror by the wall with a desk at the far corner .

This is amazing !

I immediately got swallowed up in the softness of the bed as it served as a passage way to welcome me to sleep .

6 hours later .

* knock , knock *

I heard the taps on the door .

" Scarlet , can you please come out . It's time for dinner ! " - I heard blonde lady say behind the door .

" Ok , "- I mumbled as I stripped myself and took a refreshing bath .

Nice ; the gels smell like flowers .
I took a while since I felt sticky from being in the hospital that long .

I wrapped myself with a towel and walked inside my walk-in closet to get into one of my pajamas ; yellow .

I Let my hair down wet so it would naturally dry .

I stepped out of my room as I walked down the stairs to meet an already seated blonde lady in the kitchen .

" Hi , "- I mumbled before taking a seat by her .

I took off the lid as I prayed before digging into it .

" How is the spaghetti ? "- Blonde lady asked with a smile.

" Meh , I've tasted better . "- I responded while asking for seconds .

" Are you sure ? "- she asked with a laugh .

" Of course , do I look like I'm joking ? "- I replied as I took a bite from a meatball .

" Forget about the food and let's talk about serious matters ; Like Margaret . "- I said as I sipped from my glass of water .

" Well she's been trialed and sentenced to 45 years in prison "- she said with a smirk obviously happy she sent her to prison .

" Whatever and Enrique , I hope you made sure he will be serving almost seventy years . "- I asked as I stared at her .

" Actually no , he was sentenced to 30 years in prison , " - she replied with a shrug .

" I guess it's better than him roaming the streets free , "- I mumbled finishing my plate .

" Wait , haven't you still heard from Ryan ? "- I yelled from the Kitchen .

" I'm sorry but no , it might have been your imagination playing tricks on you . "- she replied as she also arrived in the kitchen .

I washed her plates as well and went to sit in the living room .

" I'm very sure , I didn't imagine Ryan , "- I mumbled .

" Do you know where the other kids live ? "- i asked while giving her the remote to put something good on for the night .

" Other kids ?"- she asked with a raised eyebrow .

" Yes , what do you expect me to call them . "- I asked with a shook of my head .

" Maybe for example , friends "- she replied with a slight chuckle .

" Definitely not , for now they are just acquaintances . "- I remarked .

"What are we watching " - watching what was going on .

" Teen Titans , "- she replied .

" I thought we were going to watch a movie about humans "- I stared at her with a frown .

" Ok let's watch just add magic "- she finally gave up and agreed to watch human series with me .

" Now that's what I'm talking about , I'm tired of watching cartoons . "- I said with a smile as I attentively watched what was happening . I hope I understand this one ?

" So ... Acquaintances you care about , "- she brought the topic back .

" Ughh , but it's getting interesting "- I groaned diverting my gaze from the television to blonde lady.

" Stop looking at me like that , I can just pause it ! "- she said as she pressed a button which froze the people in the television . Wow !

" * Sigh * yes acquaintances I care about . "- I replied with my hands folded on my chest.

" Ok then "- grinning happily.

" So what did you adopt me for ? "- I bluntly asked while diverting my gaze back to the people frozen on the television .

" I don't know , maybe because I like you . "- she replied with a shrug .

" You are crazy for saying that but anyways what about your husband , I don't see any man of the house roaming around ."- I asked even though I don't know when this conversation even started but I'm just going to go with the flow .

" * Clears throat * we are kind of divorced . "- she said with teary eyes .

" Don't worry about it , men are just heartless animals who don't know how to treat women . "- I spat out in anger still staring at the frozen people .

" Not all men at least , you just have to find the right one . Which is very difficult by the way . "- she said with a laugh .

" Well , suit yourself but I know I'm definitely not going to get married to any of those heartless wolves . "- I said with a scoff .

" I'm sure you will have a change of heart with Mark . "- she said she got up and walked to the kitchen .

" Yeah , the day my sister comes back to me . "- I mumbled .

" Hurry up , blonde lady . I have a marathon movie to catch up with "- I yelled after her .

" Coming ! " - she yelled back .

" To think this is maybe the fourth movie I've watched with humans being the characters .

" Here , " - I heard blonde lady say as she handed me ICE CREAM !

" So I'm going to be living like a queen in this house , right ?. Nothing to do ; just sleep , eat , sleep , eat "- I asked as I landed the sweet melting goodness on my taste buds .

" Of course not , you will be going to school . "- scooping a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

" School ? , I thought I was done with it ! "- I yelped placing my ice cream on the centre table .

" No , you still have a lot to learn , Scarlet . "- she replied undisturbed .

" I just thought that when I was no longer going to school , that it was all ! "- I was definitely angry but couldn't take it out on my ice cream .

" You do know how to read and write right ? "- she asked alarmed .

" Yes , my mom was teaching us before she left "- I replied as I closed my eyes to make the tears stay in.

" How old were you when she left ? "- she asked with a saddened look .

" 11 "- I simply replied .

" Oh I'm ver ---- "- I cut her .

" Enough nosing around in my personal stuff , stop with the pity , pity look . Just tell me about the school I will be attending "- I remarked as I tasted another spoon not wanting to delve in on my past and she definitely doesn't need to see me cry .

" You need to learn to be polite to me * sigh * but you will be attending Flower bloom High School and it's the best around here too. "- she replied .

" When will I be starting then? "- I asked .

" On Monday , "- she replied as the marathon movie I was watching continued by a press of a button by blonde lady .

" But today is Friday ! "- I gasped .

A/N

Hands up if you think Scarlet is going to get into a fight on the first day 👆.

Kindly vote and comment .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.9K 69
Getting married to her brother's best friend was the thing she always dreamed of. But she never thought the way her life will bring them together. Th...
756K 31.7K 56
~. His soul was dark. She was the light. His talks were rude. She was sweet. His smiles were evil. Her smiles were angelic. He was careless. She was...
6.1K 166 21
"Get on your knees for me baby" "Is this the best time to tell you I have no Gag reflex" "Fuck" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When a ruthless mafi...
9.8K 980 62
#4 in highschoollovestory on 11/2/2020 ****This book starts off with the present time of a wedding and reveals a hidden love story**** Now, going to...