тнє кυиσιcнι σf иσяяιѕνιℓℓє

By TheTrueTVFG

(Randy/Ninja x Kunoichi!Reader) ***** Throughout the generations of ancient warriors, the Norrisville Ninja h... More

иєω уєαя, иєω ℓιfє
ωнαт'ѕ ѕтαик?
ωєℓ¢σмє тσ тнє ѕтαик ѕнσω
νιℓℓαιи ιи α нєяσ'ѕ мαѕк
нσωαя∂ киσωѕ
¢яαѕн тнє вαѕн ѕρℓαѕн
Volcanic Dangers
Music of the Kunoichi
Haunting Lovers
Nomi-(Y/n)
Kuni Submerged
I'm Just Your Problem
Whip Your Hair
Daily Life of (Y/n)
Kuni the Holiday Miracle
New Girl
Weapon of Invincibility
Jack Hammer
Tengu and Ribaisan
One Before You
The Key of Fate
Love-ish Problems
Holding a Title
The Song of Sealing
Discussions
Two Sides, One Hero
Questions
Updates: Changes Are Coming!
ѕтαяѕ αи∂ fєαяѕ
The Official Kunoichi of Norrisville Amino!
Checkmate!
мєℓσ∂у ραят 2: тнє ѕιℓєи¢є
ℓσѕιηg gαмє

мєℓσ∂у ραят 1: ѕσиg

1.9K 83 110
By TheTrueTVFG

Three days have passed since the battle of the chess game, and all you had done since was go out on nightly patrols to look for the Hātosairen. The days were filled with skimming your Nomicon for a way to track it. Nothing new came from anywhere. No sign of it, no spell to hunt it, not even anything on the news about a strange figure walking around town. Things weren't looking great for you in regards to this, and your nerves just started to grow. You were now sitting on your bed with bags under your eyes and a yawn escaping your lips. Your face was splattered in specs of mud from tripping several times in the last midnight darkness to faceplant into several gardens while on the hunt, and you couldn't be bothered to wash it off from your anxiousness. Obviously, hunting at night doesn't give you much sleep, either. Your body ached and your mind could barely focus on a single thing for more than a few minutes. You would honestly be a lot more stressed about the current situation if you were better rested.

"Sweet cheese, this is taking forever..." You muttered as you leaned back with your arms on the bed to prop you upright. "Maybe... Maybe I really didn't release it. Is it something I'm doing? Is Nomicon playin' me? ... Nah, too ancient for that. But where could this thing even go?"

Another yawn cut off your thoughts as you leaned back, your form sinking into the softer than usual bed. "I can't quit lookin'..." You mutter as your eyes grow heavy. "But... Maybe... A small nap... won't..."

Your words were dragging out as you slipped further and further into a state of much-needed sleep, and you shifted to get yourself more comfortable. It didn't take too much before you were ready to sleep a proper one for the first time in a few nights. It may be 9 A.M. on a Saturday morning now, but sleep was sleep, and you finally let your eyes shut to join the realm of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kiss... me... my love..."

You look ahead to see the subtle shifting of golden curls, a soft echoing voice singing to no one. The area was empty, other than what seemed to be an infinite ocean that you both stood upon. You already recognized this figure, even though her back was to you. You huffed and stepped closer, the sound of drips following each step you took while ripples formed in the aquatic mirror below.

"Come rest... in... my arms..."

"Hey!" You demand with an echoing sound. "I know you're the Hātosairen! Turn around!"

Sure enough, it was who you suspected, and her song stopped. She turned to face you, her form once more blacked-out other than her gown, hair, and piercing eyes. The same woman from your dream the other night. The embodiment in a mindscape that you know you can't reach. She said nothing. She didn't approach. She didn't even flinch when you stopped only a meter away. It was also clear now that she had a height difference on you. You seemed a foot shorter than she was. You both spend seconds in a thoughtless staring contest. And then you spoke.

"Where are you?" You ask firmly as your eyes narrow. "I know you're out there! I know you're walkin' around the city, just waiting for Ninja!"

"And who's fault is that?" She spoke with a low tone, almost echoing with several other voices of different ranges.

You flinched as you growled, instinctively reaching for a sword you didn't have. You sigh and glare up at the figure. "You're not the one asking questions. I am! Now where. Are you. Hiding?"

"Do you honestly believe I'm that ignorant?" She added as she finally walked forward, you taking a step back. "Do you truly think that I will obey the likes of you? You may be the Kunoichi. But you are a child. You are so young..." Once she got close, she began to weave her fingers through your hair. You froze in discomfort as her cold touch occasionally grazed your cheek. "So frail... So naive..."

You grumble and finally slap her hand away, leaping back. "I'm not afraid of you!" You yell, putting your fists up to throw hands. "Don't give me an answer then! I don't care where you are or when you're gonna strike! But wherever you are, I won't let you get to the Ninja!"

"... I know you won't let me," She assured as she turned away from you. "You may be unintelligent. But not as much as Mariya was. What a pathetic soul..."

"Wha-- What nonsense are you spitting?!" You scream. "Don't you know a threat when you hear it?! I'm going to stop you!

She only started to leave with no answer. At least, not a direct one. She did speak once more before she stopped far ahead.

"You will never take away the song of the Siren."

The ground rumbled and the waters below pulled from under your feet, causing you to collapse. You didn't fall through, but seeming from above, a large wave came over you with the Hātosairen at its center. You shuffled back as the thousand-pound wave collided into your figure, forcing you under the otherwise solid ground as a disembodied male voice seemed to scream your name.

"(Y/n)!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your eyes flung open as cold water and small ice cubes were splashed onto your face. The drops seeping into your eyes blurred your vision as you yelped. Immediately you reached for your face to wipe away the sudden splash. "What the juice?!" You say with your palms rubbing against your eyes.

"(Y/n)! For wonk's sake, get up already!"

You finally move your hands to peek out at the forming blurs. You now found the origins of your nonsensical shower. Howard and Randy were standing over your bed, Randy looking a bit concerned as Howard had an eyebrow raised and a McMoisture water bottle popped open in his hand.

"What the cheese, you two!" You yell as you sit up, brushing the wet parts of your hair with your fingers. "What are you shoobs doing?! And how did you get into my house?!"

"Your mom let us in," Randy said as he pointed to the door with his thumb.

"And we were trying to get you up already!" Howard added as he twisted his cap back on the bottle. "Shaking and screaming weren't cutting it, so, water bottle. Besides, you were running late! Did ya forget it's the school Tune Fest today?!"

"No," You insist as you grab your brush from your nightstand to make quick work of your messed up hair. "I didn't forget. But I also wasn't planning on going until later. As in, after I ate breakfast? And maybe got dressed?"

"Well sorry, slowpoke," Howard said as he rolled his eyes.

"You okay, (Y/n)?" Randy asked as he sat beside you. "You seem tense. Everything good?"

"I-- ... Yeah, I'm fine," you said as you stood. "Sorry. Just... Didn't expect you guys so early. Let me go get changed." You then walked past Howard as the two looked to you in confusion, and you stepped into your bathroom to change into the clothes that were left there by your mother.

"She's not okay," Howard said as he nodded in your direction.

"Like cheese, she is!" Randy added as he stood back up. "She sounds really tired. Maybe she was gaming again last night?"

"Without us? Please," Howard said with a hand on his hip. "That woman can't do squat online without us."

"I guess, but we planned this all yesterday," Randy added as he started to pace. "And she did sound kinda tired last night too..."

"Eh, your girlfriend will be fine," Howard said as he tried to squeeze out the last few drops from his water bottle onto his tongue. "She's probably just music-ing again."

Randy blushed as he stopped, his arms flailing as he lost his balance for a moment. "What-- No! She isn't my girlfriend!"

"But you said you had a crush on her," Howard pointed out as he gestured to his flustered friend with his water bottle.

"I-- That doesn't-- That doesn't mean she's my girlfriend!" Randy pointed out as he tried to hide his blush with the white shirt he wore that day. "Besides, I liked Kuni first!"

"Kuni, (Y/n), same dif," Howard semi-lazily said as he waved his hand in the air.

"No, not "same dif"!" Randy exclaimed as he pointed to Howard. "Bro, you have NO IDEA how hard it is to like two super bruce chicks at once! At some point, I'm gonna have to choose!"

"I hate you so much right now..." Howard muttered as he narrowed his furrowed eyebrows in annoyance.

"What?"

"Alright guys, let's go."

Your voice cut into the mostly one-sided argument as both boys turned to you. You now wore a black tank top with the left strap dropped off of your shoulder, (f/c) faux-jean shorts, a matching colored star printed on your shirt, black converse shoes, and a (f/c) headband in your hair. You stepped over to the two as you grabbed your bag from the side of your bed, holding it over your shoulder. "We going or what?"

"Finally! Let's roll!" Howard declared. "I heard there were triple-fried ice cream bowls!"

"What in the cheese is a--"

Your question was cut off as Howard rushed out of the door in a hunger-fueled run to the school. You and Randy collectively sighed as you made your way out, letting him step out first before following to close your own door.

"Sorry again about earlier," You said to Randy as you followed him down the stairs. "I've been having a hard time sleeping well over the past few days. It's kind of hard to run on bad sleep, y'know?"

Randy laughed a little at that, mostly from relief. "Ah, right. That's good. Thought you had somethin' going on." He then stopped so you joined him at his side and he wrapped an arm around your shoulders with a large grin on his face. "You be sure to get real good sleep tonight then, 'kay? I'll be upset if you don't."

You laughed at his remark and nodded as you both walked side by side to the front door. "Sure. I'll try."

You opened the door for him and he stepped out, you sighing quietly to yourself before you followed. He managed to keep up a small conversation with you as you went along, but all you could really think of was the siren. How she was out there somewhere. How she could be looking for the Ninja at any point. Maybe she was doing it right now. But with just the occasional look back at Randy to try to keep up with his one-sided conversation, you somehow felt a little more at ease. You even managed to crack a smile.

Minutes passed before you finally managed to make it to the back of the school, a few large wooden stages set up in a curved fashion as balloons and streamers decorated the spaces between. Students dressed in hip hop outfits, pop outfits, or just fashionably all together, were gathered around as various acts stood utop the stages in musical performances. A day set aside by the principal to give everyone a break from... well, everything. Thank cheese for that.

"This actually doesn't look bad," Howard admitted with a shrug.

"Pretty good for a day's work," You add on. "Slimovitz really stepped his game up with this one."

"So, we still gonna perform together, guys?" Randy asked as he wrapped his arms around Howard and your shoulders.

"Yeah, sounds good to me," Howard said, smiling slightly. "(Y/n), you got the song?"

You nod. "I picked a good one. But I promised Theresa I'd perform with her too, so this is gonna have to be now or--"

"(Y/n)! There you are!"

You all look to your left to see Theresa running over to you while waving her arm in the air, wearing an outfit similar to yours aside from the pink tones and pleated skirt around her waist. She was smiling and stopped in front of your group, pulling you away from Randy's hold. "Good, you're here early! Do you wanna be one of the first performers?"

"Wait, you're performing too, Theresa?" Randy asked, blinking in surprise.

"Yeah!" She said as rose dusted her cheeks. "(Y/n) promised we'd do a song at some point before I went on with the twirl team!"

"Oh, right," You say, facepalming slightly as you completely forgot about it before. "Yeah yeah, I wouldn't mind getting in an early show. That is, if it's fine with the boys."

"Sure!" Randy said, Howard simply adding a thumbs up.

"Okay, cool!" You say before Theresa took your hand, already heading out to one of the stages. Music, at last. Maybe now you could relax a little more.

The two of you both climbed up to the center stage as people already started to gather. Some looked eager, with Bucky bouncing with a grin while Morgan gave you a thumbs up of approval. It felt... good. But also terrifying. You could never grasp why this was the case. You've sang so many times before for multiple people. These students know your voice. But for some reason, it was still scary. Was it stage fright? Or is it because of the stakes?

"You ready?" Theresa cut in as she looked over, making you jump slightly.

"O-Oh, uh-- Yeah," You say, nodding a bit. "Yeah, sorry. Just... A bit out of it. Still morning, you know?"

She giggled and stepped up. "I get that. It'll be okay. And even if it's not great, at least it's out of the way, right?"

"Yeah," You say while smiling. "You're right. Besides, this is supposed to be fun, right?"

"Totally!"

One of the teachers then walked over with two microphones in her hands and held them up to the both of you. "Knock 'em out, kiddos," She said with a grin and a wink.

You both took them and checked to see if they were on before looking out. "Hello, Norrisville High!" Theresa called out, making the crowd cheer. Howard and Randy pushed through to stand up front, looking at the both of you with wide smiles. You giggle and wave, while Theresa signals the music to start. Stevens, working the sound, nodded from behind one of the curtains and turned on the stereo, allowing the music to play as you and Theresa moved about. Theresa took the lead to start while you became backup. Soft for now, to get you back into a groove.

"I want your ugly,

I want your disease.

I want your everything

As long as it's free.

I want your love (I want your love) love love love

I want your love (I want your love I want your love)"

A quick twirl and a bounce.

"I want your drama,

The touch of your hand.

I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand.

I want your love (I want your love) love love love

I want your love (I want your love I want your love)"

Movements eased, and you readied your breathing for your designated note.

"You know that I want you.

And you know that I need you.

I want it bad, your bad romance!"

A jump and a twist, when the crowd kicked up into bursts of cheers.

"I want your love and

I want your revenge!

You and me could write a bad romance!

I want your love and

All your lovers' revenge

You and me could write a bad romance!"

The boys in front gave you encouraging grins and thumbs up, while you smiled. At last, your energy was coming back as you leapt forward, your arms in the air as your high note came at last with all the power you could muster.

"Oh oh oh oh ooooh oh oh oh oooooh oh oh oh!

Caught in a bad romance!

Oh oh oh oh oooooh oh oh oh oooooh oh oh oh!

Caught in a bad romance~!"

The crowd went nuts at the sound of your voice, your increasing confidence heard throughout the area. And unbeknownst to you, in unison, Theresa and Randy looked at you with wondrous expressions. Eyes wide and blushes on their faces at your powerful notes. The rest of the song went as powerful as you liked. Your heart pounding to the beat. Your mind finally free of previous fears for just this small amount of time.

The music ended and clapping took place, you and Theresa taking bows at the praise. You both left the stage after setting your mics down. One step off stage and already you were being tightly bound in a double sided hug from your friends.

"That was the cheese, (Y/n)!" Howard yelled with a wide grin, looking up at you.

"That note, though! I swear (Y/n), your voice gets like, 20 times more bruce every time I hear it," Randy said as he spread his fingers out twice for '20'.

You laugh at their antics, pulling back. "Thanks, you guys," You say. You then look at Theresa, smiling. "You were awesome too, Theresa!" You say.

"O-Oh, no! You were a LOT better than I was!" She quickly defended with a blush, her hands up in a defensive way. "I was just-- You know... trying? I guess?"

"Well if you were trying to succeed, you did it!" You assured her as you gave her a small ruffle of her hair and a wink. "Good job!"

You could've sworn you heard a squeak from her, and she quickly brought her hands to her face. "I-I should go join the cheer team before we start!" She quickly said as she hurried off in the opposite direction, heading towards a different stage. "S-See you guys later!"

"Uh... Alright, bye!" You say with a confused wave. You then turn to the boys as they gave you fist bumps, and you gather backstage to set up for the boys' performance coming up next.

Already their gear was back there, all they needed was your help in adjusting outfits. Howard got on a dark blue jean jacket with "Wild, child, wings never mild" written on the back, and Randy covered his own white t-shirt with a purple jacket with a white flame on the back. As you helped Randy with a stuck zipper, he spoke.

"So you're sure you'll be fine if we go out on our own?" Randy asked you. "You're not mad?"

"Why would I be?" You ask with a shrug. "30 Seconds to Math is you guys' thing. You should enjoy that! Besides, you let me perform with Theresa, after all."

"And you won't be upset without us?" Howard asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Guys, I'll be fine, I swear," You add. "Now go out there and give it your all!"

The two then smiled and nodded, doing their own signature handshake before running onstage with cheering. You snickered and went your way to the curtain to peek out to watch them. The crowd cheered as Julien left the stage with his instrument, and Randy and Howard instantly took action to play. Keytar was in full swing while Howard's drums were ablaze, somehow this madness creating a perfect harmony. They seemed to go wild and yet they could stay in sync. Your smile grew more at this. They really were forces to be reckoned with.

But then, at the end of their song, everything turned around.

They held up their hands as the crowd went wild, and you clapped. But off to the side, up the stairs, a cloaked figure with a long blue train of a skirt following crept up without flinching. Howard, Randy, and everyone else turned to them in confusion. They walked between Howard and Randy, faced the crowd, and took the microphone Randy had held. They slowly turned their head to him, and you could see Randy's face form a look of confusion and surprise. From where you were, you weren't able to see. They faced the crowd as Randy took a step back, and they began to sing their own song. It was at that tune that your blood ran cold.

"Into the sea...

Hold you close to me...

Slide 'neath the waves...

Down into the caves..."

The crowd's confusion seemed to ease, gentle gazes and mild smiles coming by. But it wasn't natural. Even from your distance you could see their eyes fade, pale glowing blue replacing each of them. Yours, however, were unaffected. Your eyes just widened as the cloak dropped from her shoulders, and you only needed the back to know who it was. Your exact copy, your voice, your enemy. Her long strapless dress swayed with a newfound breeze to give her an even more mystic look as she went on.

"Kiss me, my love...

Come rest in my arms...

Dream your dreams with me...

Slide beneath the sea..."

People began to collapse from all over the area, performances halting as performers fell to her song. It was at this point you growled. "Hey!!" You yell as you run out, tackling her off of the stage and to the ground below. But her form shifted to mist on impact, and your jaw connected with the dirt below as you grunted. She reformed on the stage once more, looking down at you as you winced. She had no emotion, and simply turned to a slack jawed Randy while Howard was collapsed at his side.

She stepped up to him, her chilled hand grazing his cheek as his eyes began to lid. "Come to me, my love... forget the land above..."

He unwillingly took a step closer as his eyes slowly shut, and she embraced him, her form once more shifting to mist as she blew away with Randy no longer in sight. You finally manage to get up and grumble, looking at the stage with panic. Everyone was out. The Hātosairen was gone. And-- Wait a second.

"Randy??" You ask as you look around. Everyone was collapsed, but accounted for. Except for Randy. He couldn't have run off, you saw him stand there. But he didn't collapse. And the Siren looked at him specifically when she came. Did she kidnap him? But why? What else could have happened? Unless...

Your heart dropped.

"No..."

Everything now made sense. The voice, the looks, the attitude, the timing. And now this... This was the final straw. You had it.

Randy was the Ninja.

You would've been worried. You would've been mad about him not telling you. You would've been sad to realize it was him who almost died several times, over and over. You would've been confused as to how this could have happened. How he was the one you were supposed to protect. You would've been incredibly upset.

If you weren't already ticked.

You growl and run backstage to grab your mask, putting it on as you bounded off of the stage to leave the area. Your confusion was overtook by rage. Rage for the Hātosairen and everything she had put you and other Kunoichi through. And now she had the Ninja. She knew. And she wanted him for something. Whatever it was, you wouldn't let it happen. With your kimono flowing and your eyes narrowed, you weaved through the collapsed crowd and took off. You glared ahead, moving as fast as you could to get to wherever this woman could be.

'Hang on, Randy...!!' You thought.

**************************************

'At last I have him. He is finally mine, after 200 years.

The spirit of the Ninja. It belongs to me alone.

And now with you bound in my song, you won't escape me again.'

With Randy down below to the heart of Lake Slimone, a bubble of aquatic glass around his unconscious form that echoes the Siren's melody, the Hātosairen stood proud and defiant. No air needed, no motion slowed, only her hair and dress moved with the ever shifting waters as she caressed the large orb with a twisted longing in her eyes. 'It's almost too easy. Then again, she was premature. What else was to be expected of Kirugi? She always was the fool.' She then gazed at the gentle slumber of the boy she claimed while her curved lips slowly moved up in a wide, menacing grin. 'She always was. And now you're mine. F o r e v e r.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 3 38
CREDIT GOES TO @ccfanwriter THIS IS A COLLABORATION STORY, WE WROTE THIS BOOK TOGETHER. Join the ninja on a whole new adventure outside of Ninjago. A...
7K 433 56
"First Ninja?" Randy asked, "What are you doing here?" "You have been instructed to help a Ninja of the past." First Ninja said calmly. "A Ninja of t...
16.1K 378 30
Hi there! The names Rose, Rose Robertson. I am a ninth grader on a school called "Norrisville High" and I have great friends as well. Heidi, Theresa...
5.5K 258 25
It's a wonderful day in Jamanakai city. Kai's plans for the day are to deliver a sword, get the loaded payment, buy necessities and potatoes to bak...