Unfinished Business |2| ✓

By vanilladrips

In order to have a full understanding of this book I suggest you read the first part to this book 'Treasure' ... More

Unfinished Business: Book 2
Aesthetics
The Beginning
The Museum
The Boss
The Girlfriend
The Channel
The Assistant
The Skirt
The Doctor
The Surprise
The Boyfriend
The Client
The Mall
The Attention
The Phone Call
The Questions
The Hotel
The Robe
The Venue
The Hall
The Reveal
The Fight
The Arguments
The Assumption
The Rain
The letter
The Cheater
The Guilt
The Gala
The Patio
The Understatement
The Liar
The Sources
The Reservation
The Aftermath
The Desk
The Flowers
The Wedding
The Return
The Jacuzzi
The Skull
The Epilogue
Goodbye ✔︎

The Jealousy

3.7K 121 21
By vanilladrips

"Mr. Starvi, Miss Blanchard is here to see you again," Katy, the person at the front desk told me through the phone.

I sighed, somehow expecting this from her. "Let her up," I revealed before continuing the formatting files until she reached. When the door open, I dropped the pen and leaned back on the chair.

"I told you not to come to my work, Nessa. Why are you here?" I sighed out, my eyes shut and my fingers running through my hair. "I know we're arguing but I wanted to show you the top I bought. Look at me," she admitted and I look at her. The thin-strapped black top fit her amazing, too revealing for my liking but she looks great.

"It's beautiful," I flatly told her, not lying. She smiled and walked closer, leaving a couple of shopping bags on the chairs. I watched as she approached me with a mission and I walked right into it.

She sat on my lap with each of her legs on either side of mine. "Baby," she mumbled, leaning in. My hands went around her waist, my fingers on the top of her ass. She was about to kiss me when the door opened we both froze.

"Shit, I'm sorry-" Siya apologized, walking out of the room immediately. why did she have to see that? I wanted to tear Nessa off me for pulling that stunt but I knew it wasn't her fault. "It's okay! Siya, come in!" She called, getting off me. Instead, she stood behind my chair with her hands on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry for intruding," she gulped hard, her eyes trying to stay on the floor but she couldn't help staring at me. I just wanted to see her real emotions but she was keeping them hidden.

She grew better at that but I hated it.

"It's alright, I'm sure you know how it's like," Nessara shrugged. Something shifted in her eyes, they lingered on Nessa's hands on me before looking dead in my eyes.

She's jealous.

Holy crap.

I just wanted to grab her face and tell her how much it hurts when I think of her.

"Yeah, um. I'll come back another time," she says before leaving the room, her eyes having difficulty leaving mine.

"Why do you give her such a hard time? It's your first week and she looks terrified of you," Nessara commented once she was gone, walking back so she was standing at the side of me. I ignored her and went back to work but she didn't give up.

"Kol, you suck at ignoring," she groaned, stomping her foot in annoyance. It's more like I'm terrified of her. She's not terrified of me. "I don't know. I'm her boss and she's my assistant. That's how it is. How can you leave? I have lunch in two hours so maybe we could go out," I told her just to get her to leave.

She squealed in excitement, I guess that's a yes. "Of course! I'm going to the store with Vina while I wait," she announced and kissed me on the cheek before walking out.

It was pacing the floor of my small office that I had. Damn it, they were so close to making out and I fucking interrupted. I didn't even notice Nessara walking by. I guess you could blame that on the amount of work Kolson poured on me today. I wanted to believe he did that on purpose but I would probably be wrong.

God damn, I'm fucked.

He's gonna think I did that on purpose, I didn't want to be a homewrecker. They're engaged and my life is well better off without Kolson.

I don't know What's wrong with me. Why did I hate her with him? Something just flipped inside me when I spot them together. The way his hands were on her, like they were on me once, five years ago.

She had him first, after all, no competition there.

God damn it, I shouldn't have canceled that date with Alton. But then I'd be using him as a distraction.

Okay, all I have to do was get distracted. Work does that sometimes, I should really focus on my own work if I wanted to get it out sooner but I also had to finish Kolson's work. I groaned when I realized I had to walk all the way to the end of the hallway to get the files.

Sighing, I walked out of the hallway with my employee's key card. When I unlocked the door I hung it around my neck before finding the file cabinet for the file I wanted.

"Thank you, Gloria," I thanked one of the workers who decided to help me get a file from the files room because I really didn't want to ask Qatsiyah for help.

But when I opened the door to see Siya bending down, searching through a cabinet, the air shifted. Fuck.

Her ass was in full display in the fitted pencil skirt she wore. I tried not to look at her too long every time I spot her because I could never take my eyes off her which leads to me checking her out.

But now, her body was begging for it. She definitely developed throughout the years. She had muscles and a smaller waist but wider hips, and a bigger chest that drove me insane.

I'm God damn it.

This is considered cheating.

Well...we aren't really engaged.

Damn it, I'm cheating.

"Uh, Kane what are you doing?" Gloria asked beside me. Siya straightened herself and whipped around with a file in her hand. Her cheeks grew pink when her eyes landed on mine instantly. My jaw clenched to prevent me from saying something stupid.

"Just- um. Nothing, I'll be on my way," she mumbled, briskly walking out of the room, similar to the way she did thirty minutes ago.

She had to stop wearing those skirts. They'd drive me insane if I think about it and I tried my very best not to. I had to do something about it. "Give me a second, Gloria," I paused her talking which I completely tuned out before walking out of the room after Siya.

She had already made it to her office and I was happy we'd have some privacy. "Miss Kane," I shut the door behind me, announcing my entrance. She froze.

"How can I help you? I'm sorry about the interruption," she apologized and I kept my eyes around her office, checking out her own personal touches. My eyes slowly dragged up to hers and I held my breath.

She's going to hate me even more.

"Miss Kane, your skirt is too short."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 47 16
"I know you feel the same for me, what I feel for you, stop feeding your little brain with lies and let your heart speak the truth" _________________...
910 153 24
Fate is such a thing, that brings known people together. 24 years old Kaira, is a beautiful girl. The daughter of the most powerful businessman in Ca...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
5M 118K 23
SEQUEL TO HIS POSSESSION IN DISCRETION READ BOOK #1 BEFORE ENTERING BOOK #2 Delilah Newman-Russel. Recently turning 19, she's been learning the ropes...