How to Date an Asshole

Oleh AlanisKorali

Like most people, Lauren had a big crush on a celebrity when she was a teenager. Unlike most people, she met... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue

Chapter 10

9.5K 410 57
Oleh AlanisKorali

Chapter 10

The rest of the day went pretty well after Axel went away. 

The whole office was buzzing when afternoon came because it's New York Fashion Week next week. It was the reason why Axel came over. He had to clarify parts of his contract to a partner and Harper's the only one available today.

What I don't understand though is why he personally went there. Isn't that his manager's job?

The girls congratulated me on the 5 dates with Axel. Apparently, I'm only the second one they know to get 5 dates because in their cases, the guys who walked in all had girlfriends. So, it's just the quick 20-minute  coffee. It also didn't help that he's a freaking celebrity and that they love him.

They were all: "Oh my God, you're so lucky!".

If they only knew Axel James as I know him, they would be glad of their 20-minute dates.

Bad news is, the only person who they know went on 5 dates is Jen – the one  I replaced. She got married to her 5-dates guy and had his baby, which was the reason why she quit.

Now, I have to be very careful about those dates with Axel. I can never ever let myself catch feelings for that excuse of a human being. I guess it wouldn't be hard enough with his demeanor. Selfish, entitled prick.

Cassandra taught me how the company manages its AR  account and how to use the system they require. It can't be learned in one-sitting; she said it would take us about 2 weeks to cover the basics and then she'll just guide me towards their bi-monthly billings and monthly reports.

I slumped on my couch as soon as I got home.

I have very mixed feelings about today but overall, it's just exhausting and yet it's only Monday. Great.

My phone pinged from a text message.

Hailey: "Hey, how's your first day?"

I typed away, "Too much. Can I call you rn?"

My phone immediately rang. I guess she's free to talk right now.

"Hello?" I answered.

"So, how did it go?" she grilled. I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"You are a very excited person, you know that?" I said.

"Well, not for everyone. And you can't change the subject! Tell me how it went!"

I shook my head, "Oh, you would not believe who showed up at work today."

"Okay, don't give me suspense, Lauren. Spill!" she said playfully.

I exhaled noisily, "It's Axel James."

"What?" her voice rising.

"Uh-huh. And now I have to go on 5 dates with him." I said in gritted teeth.

"Holy Mother of God! What?!" she screamed. I had to move my phone away from my ear.

"B-but how? What happened?" she demanded.

"I'll explain everything. But first, you need to calm down."

"Woman, how am I supposed to calm down?"

I placed a palm on my forehead. I guess telling her wasn't a brilliant idea based on her reactions, but here we are...

"Okay, okay. Listen to me, alright?"

I  told her everything that happened on my first day of work. From the traveling opportunities to the dare. From Axel showing up to the fact that I'm only the second one of my workmates to have 5 dates. She interjected the whole time with her snarky comments and snidey remarks.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Lauren. I know you hated the guy..."

"Hate still," I interjected this time.

"Okay, you hate Axel. That's established."

"MmmHmm..." I nodded.

"But he's hot." she stopped. "Hot as... the scorching fires of hell."

"Hailey!"

"I mean, come on, I'm not blind! And don't you think it's fate that keeps bringing you together?"

"Why does everyone think that? I'm sick of that word, I've heard enough of it for today."

"Sure, the guy's a jerk..."

"An asshole!"

"Oof, okay."

"I'm sorry." I apologized, calming down.

"None taken. But maybe... just maybe. I don't know. Why don't you just try and give him a chance? He may actually surprise you."

"Oh,  he had surprised me a lot in the brief time that I've known him. And besides, I have no choice. I have to date him or I would be out of  Harper's good graces. And I really like her, Hailey. She's so nice, she  might be the best boss I'll ever have."

"Are you sure you don't want to date your new boss?"

"Hailey!"

"I'm just kidding!" she chuckled.

"I didn't know that I'd be stressed out on my first day of work just because of a certain asshole." I groaned in exasperation.

"Well, ain't that just peachy. I guess you just have to figure out how to date an asshole." Hailey said.

"I guess so. Wish me luck, Hales."

"Oh, you won't need luck, Lauren. You'll need condoms." she laughed maniacally.

I almost jumped in surprise. "What? Ew, Hailey. I would never have sex with him."

"Oh, come on! You wouldn't hit that? And I told you, never say never!" she said in her most New Yorker accent.

"What are you? Justin Bieber?"

"I'm  just saying, don't immediately eradicate the idea of him." She sighed.  "Or I'll just speak your language. The only way to beat someone is to think like them."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"If you don't want to be played, you have to play the game. Be a player, not a ball."

I shook my head. "You're not making any sense."

"Oh, believe me, I am making perfect sense."

"Whatever, Hailey. I got to go anyway; I need to grab some dinner."

"Alright." she sighed.

"Oh, come on. We'll talk later."

"Okay. Take care, Mrs. James."

"Oh, just shut up now."

She laughed.

"Okay, I really need to buy something to eat now, Hailey. Bye!" I said.

"Uh buh-bye," she said then dropped the call.

Oh, to be Hailey's best friend.

* * *

I  went to a nearby 7-Eleven and just bought a sandwich for dinner. I  needed something fast and available. Restaurants are full at this time of the night and I'm not pathetic enough to eat alone at a table for two.

I was about to bite on my sandwich when my phone started ringing. What now?

Huh, Unknown number.

I let it ring for a few more times before answering it. I didn't speak. I have to know who's calling first.

"Hello? Is this Lauren?"

"Who's this?" I asked.

"It's Axel."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "What do you want? And how did you get my number?"

He chuckled, "I got your number from Harper."

I closed my eyes. Why would she do that? She didn't ask for my consent.

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"I want to talk about our date."

My stomach gurgled. I need to eat.

"What date?" I ended the call then turned off my phone.

I  can't be bothered right now, especially when a perfectly good sandwich is literally in front of me, begging to be inside my stomach.

I finally took a bite. So good. At this point, anything you feed me will taste good. I am that hungry.

After finishing my sandwich, I stopped by the supermarket and bought some groceries. As I got out of the store, the cold breeze hit my face. It's getting really close to Fall. I felt my lungs expand as I breathe in the almost autumn air, I exhaled noisily as I remembered that it's only Monday today. Still have 4 days to conquer before the weekend. Ugh.

I moved to the innermost side of the sidewalk to get out of the way then fished my phone out of my pocket to check what the time is. It wouldn't open with one click of the power button. Oh, because I turned it off.

I pressed the power button long enough for the logo to show, signifying it turned on. As soon as my phone finished booting up, it pinged with flooded notifications.

All voicemail.

I clicked on the first voicemail and listened to it.

"Hey Lauren, it's Axel. You do remember about the 5 dates we talked about this morning, right?"

I rolled my eyes and listened to the next.

"Hey, I don't know why you're not picking up. I'm sorry I asked for your number from Harper."

"Lauren, come on, we need to discuss this. Call me back."

"Do you have any idea how many girls would kill just to talk to me and you're ignoring me? Alright, Ms. Grant. If this is how you want to play it, then game on. Get ready for our dates. I guarantee you'll fall for me."

I scoffed at his remark. The audacity of that egotistic son of a bitch. What's with him and bets and dares and now a game? Huh, I guess Hailey made more sense than I thought.

Alright then, Axel James. Let the games begin.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8.4M 229K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
2.8M 92.2K 66
**FREE STORY + paid bonus content** Can you fall in love with someone from the sound of their voice? No, that's silly... Eight years after losing her...
199K 4.4K 48
Kai Parker, a 27 year old mafia king. He never had things the easy way. But in the end, he always gets what he wants. Rose, separated from her parent...
137K 9.5K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...