Let Me Chase You (Completed)

De anazianblonde

Wang Yibo is a celebrity known for his dancing skills and involvement in the motorcycle racing world. Xiao Zh... Mais

Chapter 1: Comatose
Chapter 2: I'm Your Doctor
Chapter 3: A Little Attraction
Chapter 4: F4
Chapter 5: The Fear of Loving
Chapter 6: The First Separation
Chapter 7: The First Text Message
Chapter 8: The People Around YiZhan
Chapter 9: Cheng Xiao's Suspicion
Chapter10: Check-up...or Reunion?
Chapter 11: Family Dinner
Chapter 12: "Thank You Dinner"...Date
Chapter 13: Investigation Part I - Who is He/She
Chapter 14: Part II Investigation: Who is He/She
Chapter 15: Breaking the Ice
Chapter 16: Let the Chase Begin!
Chapter 17: Home-cooked Meal
Chapter 18: School Festival - Part I
Chapter 19: School Festival - Part II
Chapter 20: School Festival - Part III
Chapter 21: School Festival Part IV
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: The Parents
Chapter 24: Different Worlds
Chapter 25: Unspoken Words
Chapter 26: The Final Push
Chapter 27: This Can't Happen Again
Chapter 28: Anger
Chapter 29: Just a Coward
Chapter 30: Spoiled by People Who Loves You
Chapter 32: Ski Resort
Chapter 33: Hi
Chapter 34: I Caught You
An Author's Reflection

Chapter 31: Contemplation

6.2K 498 63
De anazianblonde

The second day that Xiao Zhan left, Yibo met up with another woman. It was a necessary rendezvous for the promiscuous relationship that needed to be confronted and clarified. Yibo was still greedy and hoped that he doesn't lose this important person in his life. He simply can't lead her on anymore for the outrageous reason that was possession.

The week after Xiao Zhan's departure, Yibo held a press conference to addressed the wedding that was never going to occur and his sudden absence from the race. Yes, he would not be participating this season. Yes, it was a reckless decision. No, he does not regret his action for what he needed to do was more important.

A full thirty day passed by, but Yibo felt like it has at least three hundred and sixty-five. It's strange how Yibo used the excuse of having a busy schedule to justify why it took him so long to address the wedding by the time Xiao Zhan learned about it; yet when he was forced over the edge, every loose end was burnt off within a week. Now, there was nothing he could do but wait.

Xiao Zhan, on the other hand, kept himself mentally occupied with providing medical services (plus any handi-work that the older folks needed help with) to the small village deep in the mountains. Zhuo Cheng would return to YunMeng a few days a month to work on his other projects, allowing Xiao Zhan to carry out his title of 'assistant'. There were times where Xiao Zhan gave in and attempted to seek out information about the modern world, but Zhuo Cheng had long mastered the art of pretending that Xiao Zhan was air. The whole crew was also threatened with additional manual labor if they dared hiccuped anything.

The scorching days turned breezy as the leaves offered to soak up the blazing tones of summer. The Mid-Autumn festival arrived unexpectedly to the crew since they were knee-deep in patient care. As an appreciation for their services, the village held a banquet to show their gratitude.

A few hours into the drunken mess, Xiao Zhan removed himself and sat down at the edge of the river bridge. Though the background noise of the small gathering can be heard a mile away, Xiao Zhan was oddly encased in a silent globe as he watched the lanterns drifted farther into the atmosphere. It was the image of a certain youngster that had blurred out Xiao Zhan's surroundings.

Are you also watching the lanterns floating in the night sky? Are you looking at the same moon? Xiao Zhan laughed at his romanticizing thoughts.

They say 'you don't know what you have until it's gone'. Xiao Zhan understood this saying well at a young age when he lost his parents. Here he was at the age of 29 and revisit the idea.

They've only met barely half a year ago, started dating for only a few months, and now he felt like a part of him was missing. Was this what people who fell in love at first sight and crazily got married a few months later experienced? Xiao Zhan used to think that such a story mainly occurred to the youngins who jumped into the unknown without a care, but here he was... in a way, he could say that he was hauled in by such a youngster.

Xiao Zhan caught a disturbance in the stream, his eyes landed on a fish that was flowing along with the peaceful current. Maybe it's time for me to step on land. Xiao Zhan smiled at the thought. Oh, how he has changed, how Yibo has changed him.

Every day from then on, Xiao Zhan would reserve a moment to reflect on their relationship from the beginning. Since he wasn't able to put in the same effort as Yibo, he wanted to ruminate on all that has been done for him and how much he took for granted.

The leaves continued to darken its tone each day, withering away the misunderstandings between Xiao Zhan and Yibo with the season. When the damages have been patched and inner turmoils have been faced, the first speck of snow crystallized, marking the beginning of a new chapter.

As if Mother Nature was delivering distant memories, Xiao Zhan recalled a promise from long ago. He can almost hear the excitement from the ever-active Wang Yibo as he rambled on about the tricks he can teach Xiao Zhan when they go on a skiing trip. Ah, that's right. There was a time where promises were made for 'when', not 'maybe'.

Xiao Zhan shook away the negative thought. The past few months have been a journey for him to regain his footing and fight for their relationship. He needed to get out of this habit of doubting himself!

"It's still a 'when' Xiao Zhan!" He slapped his head to ensure that he doesn't linger in the slump.

The temperature continued to plummets as the volunteers added another layer onto their daily outfits. It wasn't until they were unable to wrap another coat over themselves did the end of their journey come to a visible end. A few more days and they were able to return to Beijing where cranking up the temperature was as simple as pushing fingers. Most importantly was the comforting warmth of their loved ones whom they greatly missed the past few months.

The days then flew by and the crew found themselves half emptying their luggage onto the vans, half in the embrace of the villagers. Xiao Zhan ultimately received the most love from the grandparents being the tall, handsome baby of the group (poor Zhuo Cheng with his 'constipated-resting-face' was denied such adoration).

"A-Zhan. Take these with you and remember to eat well," a grandma shoved packages of homemade food into his hands.

"You've gained some meat since we've fed you well, make sure you don't lose those muscles when you return to the city,' a grandpa shouted at him.

"It's fine to be a pretty boy, but don't stick to the ridiculous standard of being a flat board. You look better now than when you first show up," an uncle winked.

"If anyone says otherwise, you come back here and I'll present you the list of people that have been eyeing you these few months," the village's matchmaker squeezed his hand with the same bright eyes she has for every project she picked up.

Xiao Zhan laughed nervously as he tried to pull his hand back to no avail. Thankfully, another single crew member came to save the day. "Hey, hey, hey. You can't just display favoritism like this! I'm very single."

Xiao Zhan said his last farewells and walked past Zhuo Cheng who rolled his eyes as Xiao Zhan stepped into the van.

The vehicles passed through the mountainous region and entered the nearest cityscape with an airport. The crew checked in their luggage and continued their discussions of what they will do once they return home while waiting for their flight. The boarding calls began, the plane cruised through the vast sky, then finally shivered as it landed down on Beijing. Welcome home.

While most of the crew was gaining peace as their bodies ease into the atmosphere of their hometown, Xiao Zhan was jittery. He was very hyperactive, bouncing on his feet, flexing and extending every digit on his hand. Instead of returning his phone when they entered the plane, Zhuo Cheng pulled out his laptop and opened a presentation labeled "What Your Honey Did While You Were Away". Xiao Zhan gave Zhuo Cheng a scandalized face in which he retorted, "Jie-jie and Zoey."

Instead of letting him learn about the events through Weibo, like normal people, the two ladies felt compelled to create a slide-show that focused on the important details. Their idea was also backed up with their insiders' information that may or may not have involved four adolescents.

Xiao Zhan thought he had reflected on all that Yibo had done for him and when they reunite, Xiao Zhan will take the flag and spoil the prince until they're on even ground. But Wang Yibo just had to add to the weight, making sure that Xiao Zhan will never be able to pay off the debt and perhaps never leave his side. This Brat!

Once they stepped through the security gate with their luggage, the siblings were wrapped in the warm embrace of Xuan Lu. "Welcome home, and thank you for your hard work!"

"Jie-jie, have you lost weight," Xiao Zhan raised a brow, showcasing his skills in praising women.

Xuan Lu narrowed her eyes without a hint of threat, "No, but clearly, you've been well-fed. Look at these muscles and golden skin!"

"You didn't say anything about my 'muscles and golden skin'," Zhuo Cheng deadpanned.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me Zoey didn't say anything."

Zhuo Cheng's body went rigid for half a second then he cat-walked away as if the conversation never happened. Xuan Lu and Xiao Zhan watched his back, laughing loud enough for the youngest to hear and if his ears turned red in embarrassment then that's something for him to know and never speak about.

While loading their luggage into Xuan Lu's car, she offered to take the men out for a light meal since the family dinner won't be for another five hours. Xiao Zhan didn't hesitate to decline for he had another agenda that he planned for over a month ago. This task became more urgent as he was skimming the slideshow on the plane.

Perhaps he was an easy person to read, or the siblings just knew each other too well for Xuan Lu immediately destroyed his goal. "He's not in town."

Xiao Zhan snapped his head towards Xuan Lu, eyes widened in disappointment.

She waited until they were in the vehicle before revealing information that the reporters have not obtained. "Since the snow season is here, he was invited on a show that will focus on one of the snow resort."

Sitting in the backseat, Xuan Lu reached forwards and grabbed Xiao Zhan's shoulder to show support. "It's unlikely to have any privacy, but if you want, I can find out which resort it is."

"Please." Xiao Zhan didn't hesitate. There was no need to ponder on his actions; on how his presence might end up on the front cover of gossip magazines; how Yibo will react knowing that Xiao Zhan was back; or the conversations that they'll have to confront. Xiao Zhan has grown up these past few months and gained insight on how to survive the world under the limelight. He just needed to not give a fuck.

The vehicle was at a stoplight when Zhuo Cheng and Xuan Lu heard Xiao Zhan's immediate reply so they quickly turned to look at Xiao Zhan in amazement. What greeted them was a determined gaze that they last saw when he decided to leave the house to go to medical school. This time, there was no inclination of running away, but instead, thirst for battle.

Finally, Zhuo Cheng and Xuan Lu thought. 

Author's Note: 

Thanks for waiting for the update.  I have no excuse, was simply a lazy couch potato  🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

148K 11.2K 24
[ YiZhan FanFiction ¦ COMPLETED ] Blue Light motorcycle racing team has its star racer namely Wang Yibo. Yes, Yibo is no doubt one of the best racers...
195K 14.7K 45
Yibo: Top Zhan: Bottom After the sudden death of his great love, Xiao Zhan did not believe that he could fall in love a second time. Even two years...
1.5K 215 6
A fan fiction story about life, love and everything else that happens in Wang Yibo's life. 25-year-old Wang Yibo has problems. Not many, but enough t...