Chapter 14: Part II Investigation: Who is He/She

Cheng Xiao arrived at Yunmeng Hospital through the private parking lot and took the only elevator straight to the VIP department. From there, she was transferred to the 'common' elevator and guided to the Internal Medicine department. Along the way, she was exposed to passing patients and employees who attempted to take pictures of her.

Cheng Xiao and her manager were surprised by the lack of coverage since Yunmeng was known for their private treatments towards the VIP patients.

"Where are going? Wasn't that the VIP floor we were at," Cheng Xiao covered her face and questioned since she has been here before to visit Yibo.

"I thought you're known for keeping your client's (VIP patients) visit confidential? How is this at all low-key," the manager interrogated the VIP manager as the nurse pushed Cheng Xiao's wheelchair at a steady pace.

Ignoring their irritation, the manager calmly replied, "Since miss Cheng Xiao requested for Dr. Xiao Zhan only, we are heading towards the Internal Medicine department where he works. Unfortunately, the rest of the hospital doesn't have the same security as the VIP department so if that's what you rather have then we can head back."

"No," Cheng Xiao exclaimed. She clearly heard the annoyance in the VIP manager's tone and knew that they were exposing her on purpose. However, her primary goal was to see this Xiao Zhan so sacrifices needed to be made. She can deal with the media later.

"This is fine, keep going." She turned to her manager and whispered, "It's just an injury. They'll talk about it once the episode airs anyway. It's fine."

As celebrities, they always had to watch their every move and prevent the media from taking things out of context. Since this wasn't a scandal and the fans will know about it eventually, Cheng Xiao's manager complied with her.

Cheng Xiao was taken straight into a room since prior registration was already completed to keep the process smooth. Her manager remained in the waiting lounge to keep watch of the surrounding. Yubin entered the room to take vitals and filled out preliminary questions. He also had a hidden task, per Zoey of course, to scope out Cheng Xiao's reason for requesting Xiao Zhan. "How did you heard about Dr. Xiao?"

"Huh," Cheng Xiao wasn't prepared for such questions. How was this related to her health?

"We usually asked this in case someone gave you our names. That way, we can thank the other party for their referral." These were true statements, but for Yubin's purpose, it was more of a cover-up for his investigation. "I'm assuming that's the case since you didn't want to be seen by the VIP doctors?"

"Oh. Uhm," Cheng Xiao eyes wandered around, trying to come up with a good reason. "My childhood friend, Wang Yibo, was treated by Dr. Xiao recently and I've heard good feedback. S-so...I," Cheng Xiao was trying really hard to think of a reason. "I felt more comfortable with him than the other providers whom I haven't heard of."

Yubin tried to keep a professional face while listening to Cheng Xiao's struggle. What. A load. Of shit. You suck at lying and you should have heard of Dr. Zhuo Cheng more since he was Yibo's primary doctor.

"Alright," Yubin attempted to play along with Cheng Xiao. "We will send Mr. Wang Yibo a thank-you gift for his kind words..."

"No," for the umpteen time today, Cheng Xiao was put into a difficult spot due to her lack of planning. "It's not necessary, is it? I mean, Yibo-ge didn't refer me here himself and... what I'm trying to say is, uh, I... shouldn't I get the gift since I chose to come here? Hehe." Cheng Xiao rambled in panic. Can't you just keep this to yourself??!!