Chapter 8: The People Around YiZhan

A typical morning routine for Hai Kuan consisted of helping his husband in preparing the children for school. He then chauffeured his family to their respective destination: the first stop was Zan Jin's company, CAO Technology.

Cao Zan Jin and his younger brother Cao Yu Chen helped manage the CAO Technology branch while their Father was focusing on a new branch overseas. Since Yu Chen is the brother-in-law, Hai Kuan naturally knew that his wife was Jiang Xuan Lu. Yibo, however, did not know that he had a small connection to Xiao Zhan's family since he never attended Yu Chen and Xuan Lu's wedding due to his busy schedule.

Hai Kuan's second stop was Gusu Middle School which was across from Gusu High School, where Hai Kuan worked.

"Have a good day Father," Guo Cheng and Jun Xiang exited the car. Hai Kuan gave them a peck on the head and parted ways.

It was common knowledge that Guo Cheng and Jun Xiang were the grandsons of Gusu Schools' president. With the title comes great responsibilities just like their Father and uncle Yibo: this includes good grades, participating in various club activities, presenting themselves in a dignified manner, offering assistance when needed, be righteous, etc, etc, etc. These are the expectations from a Wang...but the reality was a different story.

At Gusu Middle School, there was a famous group of boys named "The F4s". This consisted of Fan Xing, Pei Xin, Guo Cheng, and Jun Xiang. This title has two origins: 1) the most common reason was that their fellow classmates agreed that these four boys were the topmost eye-catching 2) Though they have the looks, background, and academics, they also have a trail of blood as individuals and as a group. "The 'F' here referred to far-fetched, fake fancy," a quote from the custodian Hao Xuan.

Fan Xing was the eldest at fourteen years old and was the most reliable. He was the favorite of the four for being the most responsible and academically inferior to all. The dark side of his story was he was too pretty for his own good. It was natural for him to receive various confessions when he first transferred in, the problem was that some of the students broke up with their significant others because of him! If he didn't befriend the other F4 members during that time, Fan Xing would have been shunned by everyone from such a ridiculous phenomenon.

Guo Cheng was the second eldest, but had the responsibility of being 1) a Wang 2) an older brother so of course, he has the aforementioned credentials. The problem for him was that his mouth doesn't have a plug and aside from academics, there was no other brain cell available. This child prioritized food above all matter and was always the first to disappear once the lunch period arrived. This most infamous moment was his public confession to the homeroom teacher, Son Ji Yang, one month after school began...Guo Cheng thought Ji Yang was a female. Poor Ji Yang was so embarrassed that he took an early leave. Ji Yang's stepdaughter, Zhuo Quing was the class president so she pummeled Guo Cheng for a month afterward. This was also when the boys gained their infamous F4 title version since Hao Xuan was Ji Yang's fiance. In short, everyone questioned if Guo Cheng was the adopted one of the two Wang brothers.

Pei Xin was the original class "valedictorian" before Fan Xing arrived. With the blood of a Cao, his pride stood above all and he never attempted to hide his prestige. As a matter of fact, he made sure people knew that he could excel in anything that he attempted because 'The Caos are elites!'. Per Xiao Zhan's word, "Pei Xin gained all of his uncle and father's faults, but none of his mother's strengths." With such pride, Pei Xin was extremely angered when the newly transferred student took first place from him. Perhaps it was his competitive nature that resulted in Pei Xin practically stalking Fan Xing in order to figure out how he was "cheating" the system. This resulted in Pei Xin being the first to discovered Fan Xing's messy love life and how people were unjustifiably shunning him. Being a righteous person, Pei Xin decided to stand up for Fan Xing because "only stupid people would behave in such a disgraceful manner." Or course, one of the requirements for defending Fan Xing was to ward off all incoming confessions. Pei Xin has mastered this specific role so well that no one dared to step within three meters of Fan Xing in fear of being scolded by Pei Xin. While Pei Xin saw himself as a knight in golden armors, others nicknamed him ' the guard dog'.