Chapter 32: Ski Resort

Obtaining information was an easy task. It's an automatic feature really for those who have money and power. Xiao Zhan wasn't surprised by how quickly Xuan Lu was at receiving news on Wang Yibo's location. It was just a reminder that no matter how down-to-earth Xuan Lu was, she was still the young miss of YunMeng Medical and wife of C.A.O. Technology's president.

Yibo was currently at Nanshan Ski Resort and Xiao Zhan was intending to drive there the next day. Before he could verbalize his plan, Xuan Lu volunteered to set up transportation two days from now so 'it'll be more discreet'. Unbeknownst to him, his dearest sister was plotting a getaway.

The next day, Xiao Zhan took a short trip to the mall to pick up an item that he had special ordered one month ago. With his focus still on the gift in the bag when exiting the store, he lightly collided with another customer.

"I'm so sorry, are you..." the rest of his sentence faded away as he recognized the other individual. While Xiao Zhan wasn't sure how he felt about seeing her again, he could tell that his presence had drawn gray clouds over her head.

A sense of deja vu washed onto Xiao Zhan as he once again found himself at a high-end cafe, across from another female of the Yu family, waiting in awkward silence for the other person to speak up.

At least this time, Xiao Zhan was ready for battle. This time, he also had words he wanted to verbalized: That he does feel guilty towards Cheng Xiao. Since that confrontation with Yibo where it was clarified that he did have feelings for her, Xiao Zhan acknowledged that he was the third-wheeler. That being said, Xiao Zhan wasn't planning to give Yibo up, especially when he knew that Yibo has chosen to not tread down that path with Cheng Xiao. Yibo was his.

"I despise you." Cheng Xiao interrupted Xiao Zhan's thoughts.

Her posture was straight, displaying composure and strength even if her words were boiling with hatred. "It sickens me how you just waltzed into our lives; completely disrupted everything; caused havoc on him, on us; then disappeared while he cleaned up the mess."

"I hate you. I hate that look that you have on, a look that says you're at peace as if you didn't obtain any damage... A look that he will probably be happy to see."

Cheng Xiao slumped back into her seat, a single tear ran down her cheek as another threatened to follow. A few minutes passed as she tried to regain her composure while Xiao Zhan waited patiently. At first, he was ready for the confrontation, but it seemed unnecessary for the other party looked worn out. How ironic that when he finally gained the temperament to fight back, the flag had already been cast.

"It was love at first sight for me. This is usually the case for most people who have lay eyes on Wang Yibo. I think I knew from the beginning that it'll remain one-sided for the love that I sought didn't occur after a month, a year, a decade." She let out a snicker. "Before you, I was foolish enough to believe that he wasn't capable of developing that type of affection. Aside from on-screen purposes, none of us, no one had ever received that look." Cheng Xiao's gaze met Xiao Zhan, the light in her eyes completely dimmed. "When he looks at you, think about you, there is complete adoration. Like everything else he gains interest in, Wang Yibo is someone who gives all of himself and more to the subject."

Cheng Xiao took a deep breath and ran her hand over her face as if these actions can wash away the turbulent memories. "I used to think that obtaining love is hard, but now I realize that I'm just a blinded fool. The biggest struggle is letting go."

She stood up and turned her back to Xiao Zhan. "I love him, Dr. Xiao. I'm in too deep to ever give it up, but he has already made his proclamation. Please, take care of him and don't let him feel this pain."