Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Decrescendo
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Mating Season Begins

483 10 0
By snuttlebug

"Would you all just go away?" Sting snarled.

The guildhall was quiet as they watched the extremely irritated blond. He hadn't been talking to anyone, which was the complete opposite of how he usually was. Everyone stayed clear of him as much as they could.

"Man, he needs to learn to get over it," Kira complained.

Emi asked her what she meant as she stared at Sting from across the room.

"He does this every year. Spring comes along and he gets all grumpy."

"I can hear you talking about me."

"Why don't you just go home and sulk there, asshole."

"Now children, calm down. Let's all leave the poor boy alone."

Kira sighed and continued to talk to Ayame at the bar. Emi opened her book, trying to follow a hunch. She quickly scanned the pages of the book before smiling and shutting the book. She turned to Kira and Ayame and smiled smugly. She told them that she knew what was going on, causing them to push her to continue.

"Spring is known as a dragon's mating season. It says that dragons become irritable as they try to find another dragon to mate with, so basically--"

"Sting is super horny," Kira finished with a smirk.

"Wait really? That's why I get moody? That's weird."

"I agree with the Salamander. I don't believe it."

"Gajeel, that's because you're always moody."

"I can't believe you guys never knew that," Laxus grunted.

Ayame started laughing hysterically. Emi looked over to the dragon slayer and noticed that he had slammed his head on the table. She hopped down from the bar and started to walk over to him.

"Emi, where are you going?"

"Yeah don't poke the dragon. He's finally sleeping."

Emi had arrived at the table where Sting and Lector were sitting. She stood over him for a minute before he spoke.

"What the hell do you want? I'm busy."

"I think I have something that can help, but you would have to leave the guildhall."

Sting shifted his head so he could look at Emi with an incredulous look. Emi smliled before tugging on his shirt. Sting groaned as he sat up.

"I don't want to go anywhere."

"But it'll make you feel better."

"No."

Emi crossed her arms and lifted his head off the table. He looked at her, shocked by her actions.

"You're going."

"No."

Emi held one of Sting's ears and pulled him up from the table. Sting groaned before sulking over to the guild's entrance. Emi waved her goodbyes to her friends before dragging Sting across town.

"Where the hell are you taking me? Can't you tell that I'm--"

"Is this why you were distancing yourself last week? You didn't want to upset me?"

"Why does it matter? I just want to take a na--"

"That's what I'm letting you do."

"Why the hell would you drag me all the way across town when I could've taken a nap at the guild?"

Emi rolled her eyes before leading him up to his apartment. She pushed him on his bed before walking over to the couch and sitting on it. She opened up her book and silently read as he looked up at her surprised.

"What are you do--"

"I'm making sure you take a nap so that you will feel better."

Sting stayed silent as he tried to fall asleep. However, all he could do was stare blankly up at the ceiling. He got an idea and shifted so he was looking at Emi.

"Come take a nap with me."

"No."

Sting held his mouth open before whining, "Why not? I need you to--"

"If you're irritable because of what I think it is, I am absolutely not staying in the same bed as you. There's no telling what your mind would do."

"I promise I won't. So will you please?"

Emi shut her book and sat on the edge of the bed. Sting scooted closer to the wall so that Emi could lay down, holding up the blankets for her.

"If you try anything stupid, I swear to god I'll--"

Emi looked over once she heard the blond's snoring and sweatdropped.

"If you were going to fall asleep as soon as I came over here then I wouldn't have come."

She left the bed and sat back down on the couch. She continued to read when she heard a groan from the bed.

"You said you were taking a nap with me."

"You fell asleep before I could even lay down, so I decided to finish reading my book."

Sting begged her to come back, Emi reluctantly doing so. The same thing happened - Sting fell asleep as soon as she walked over. She rolled her eyes and returned to the couch once again before hearing the dragon slayer huff again. He sat up and glared at her, but she was too focused on what she was reading.

"Will you please just--"

"I'm reading something important."

"You said you would--"

"According to this book--"

Sting groaned before falling back on the bed, muttering about her always reading.

"I'm reading that book on dragons you gave me, and I was just explaining to you what I found on mating season."

"I don't care. I just want you to--"

"It says that during mating season, an unmated dragon becomes very irritable and moody. A mated dragon becomes aggressive and protective over their mate. This book writes about how a dragon will become calm when in close proximity to their mate, and an unmated dragon does the same with a potential mate."

Sting's face flushed as he refused to make eye contact.

"Aw," Mira cooed, "that's such a cute thing."

Laxus scoffed, "Mira, that time of the year is anything but cute."

"It's true," Rogue agreed. "It's hell."

"Why would that matter?" Sting finally asked, trying to act indifferent.

"I'm not saying it does. I was just assessing the situation."

Sting turned so he was facing away from her, still fighting the embarrassment. He tried once again to fall asleep, but he couldn't seem to get calm enough to be able to. Emi silently shut her book and sat on the edge of the bed, making a wave of relief immediately wash over him. He seemed to blush even more at that realization, but he didn't turn around until she spoke again.

"I will stay over here until you wake up again, but I am going to read my book. Is that alright?"

--------------------------------------------------

"So where did you two go yesterday?" Kira slyly inquired. "We didn't see you for the rest of the day."

Sting went to snap at her before Emi held his arm and told Kira that he needed to sleep.

"You slept the whole night, dragon boy? Talk about being lazy."

"What did you just say to me?"

"I said you're la--"

"Kira, I would suggest that you try to not aggravate each other this week. It'll only end in a fight."

"Aw. Is dragon boy too moody to hold a conversation?"

"Holy--"

"Rushing--"

"Dispel."

Both Sting's and Kira's spells were canceled. They both looked at Emi to see that she looked pissed.

"What did I just tell you two? No fighting. I don't care how irritable you are."

------------------------------------------

Emi sat down next to Sting at the guildhall. He was laying his head on the table again and she was reading her book. He had seemed to calm down and was starting to sleep when he felt Mich approach the two.

"Emi, would you help me with--"

"Go away."

They both looked at Sting in surprise before Emi rolled her eyes and followed Mich.

"Does your book say how long he'll be like this?"

"Haven't you been through this every year? How long does it usually last?"

"Well," Mich started, "it usually lasts about a week, but that's already passed."

Emi sighed before quickly helping Mich and returning to Sting's side. His head snapped up, ready to yell at whoever it was, but he calmed down when he saw that it was Emi. He placed his head back down on the table as she opened her book to continue to read. After a few minutes, Emi placed her free hand on his head and started to pull her fingers through his hair.

"Hey Emi! Did you wanna join me for that Clover Town request?" Kira yelled across the guild.

Sting was about to yell at her to be quiet when Emi spoke up, "Sorry, Kira, but I already promised Sting that I would go on a request."

The dragon slayer looked at Emi confused, not remembering him ever asking.

Kira laughed, "Are you sure that's a good idea? In the mood he's in he might just destroy the whole town."

"Don't worry. I'll make sure he doesn't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 8.4K 25
{Complete} A Laxus x Reader Story... Storms of a malicious intent have been plaguing Fiore. When it strikes a town people can't leave their homes...
211K 6.1K 58
(Y/N) (L/N) was once Laxus Dreyar's girlfriend, but after he was expelled from Fairy Tail, the two wizards went on a break from each other. During th...
1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...
242K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...