My Only One

Od exxangel

Chanyeol the mystery guy, has a huge crush on Byun Baekhyun, the school's heartthrob unknown to the fact that... Více

Introduction
Chapter 1.
Welcome Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3.
🌸 Congratulations CHEN 🌸
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
CH 9
Send Off 🌹
CH 10.
CH 11
CH 12
CH 13
CH 14.
CH 15
CH 16
CH 17
CH 18
CH 19
CH 20
CH 21
CH 22
CH 23.
CH 24.
CH 25
CH 26
CH 27
CH 28
CH 29.
CH 30.
CH 31
CH 32.
CH 33.
CH 35
CH 36
CH 37.
CH 38.
CH 39.
CH 40.
CH 41
CH 42
Send Off 🌹
CH 43
CH 44
CH 45
CH 46.
CH 47
CH 48.
CH 49.
CH 50.
CH 51.
CH 52
CH 53.
CH 54.
CH 55 [ THE END ]

CH 34

656 44 94
Od exxangel

I'm posting the Chapter a few hours Earlier because I've a busy schedule Tomorrow. So Enjoy 🌹

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Author's Pov :

The whole city was already wrapped in an icy blanket of snow. The wind picked up its phase, as the blinding night got swallowed with the white ice. The air was so cold that people were rushing to their homes, some were trying to hide under the pile of warm clothes while the ones in their respective homes switched on their heaters so they wouldn't catch a cold. December had just arrived and the night was dark with snow still falling, each flake descending from the sky dancing and twirling calmly and smoothly on its own rhythm. 

Dr. Huang, who halted on his steps, noticed as the glittering snow fell soundlessly without disturbing anyone. People rushed past him while some covered themselves but he stood on the sidewalk, inhaling the crisp cool air feeling a sudden chill run down his spine. With both hands in his suit pocket, head raised above to face the sky he felt the white icy flakes kiss him all over which brought a small smile to grace his lips. 

Dr. Huang loved everything about Winter. The weather was frosty and the snow was beautiful, cold, crisp, white, and magical. Just like every winter, this one was also special and he could feel it in his bones as a wave of cold air tackled past him again. 

With a Satisfied sigh, he started to stride towards his rented apartment, his steps slow and steady considering the wet and slippery ground. The city lights dazzled and glittered around him like stars in the night sky.

It's not the first time he has been in Korea but whenever he has to drop by here he would always rent the same room in the same building. If you ask him why he would do that he would never exactly give you a proper reason for it. 

Brushing aside the curtains, which exposed the vast view of the beautiful city which was now hugged by the white snow, Dr. Huang made his way towards the kitchen unpacking the few things he bought which included a few cans of beer and packets of Ramen. 

The Day he became the head Surgeon of the Neurology Department his life became so busy that he never got time to cook for his survival because as a head Surgeon there was no time to cook as he had to run as soon as there was an emergency. Also, being the only son of the two respected Senior Doctors he was expected to always keep up with his name and reputation. It was tiring but as the years passed he has learned to live with it. 

Changing into more warm and comfy clothes Dr. Huang who was also known as Zi Tao strum against the counter as he mixed the necessary ingredients which he likes to add whenever he eats Ramen. 

When it's ready to eat he picks up the bowl and makes himself comfortable against the window from where he could view the whole city from above. Neon light flashes over his face, sparkle reflecting in his eyes like he is sitting on top of the world. 

As he stares at the bright illuminating city his mind zones out on the falling snow. A certain memory flashes in front of him like he was sitting in a theatre and the screen that is originally the glass wall switched on all of a sudden and like a blur a certain scene started to play. 

~~~

It was a snowy night as well, the streets were almost empty as cars slowed their phase and people walked straight  towards their houses as the ice white blanket started to spread again. 

It was late in the evening when Dr. Huang Zi Tao was reading some of his patient files when the door to the office room suddenly slid open revealing a man who was huffing and puffing as if he ran for his life. His Rushed Footsteps drummed on the marbled floor inside Dr. Huang's office who peaked a bit from below his eyelashes, his glasses slid down as he gave the junior doctor a disapproving look.

The junior doctor, named Wang Yibo slid his arms over his knees as he began to breathe heavily, all the running made him feel out of breath. He raised his finger to ask for a second which made Dr. Huang chuckled in amusement. When the clock ticked Wang Yibo raised his head, his brown locks bounced over his forehead lazily while his baby's face was covered with beads of sweat as he finally huffed and parted his lips. 

"Dr. Huang you have urgently been summoned to the VIP ward" Zitao's smile fell as his brows creased at the young doctor's words. "There is a VIP patient brought today.  They said something like need an urgent ---" 

Before Dr. Wang can complete his words Dr. Huang raises from his seat and with a calm demeanor arranges his table and walks out leaving a confused and pouting Wang Yibo behind who slumped down on the nearby chair like a sack of rice. 

Dr. Huang didn't need to hear the next words of Dr. Wang to know the whole case. Being a Doctor in the Hope Union Hospital of Beijing, one of the three best hospitals in China Dr. Huang was well aware of certain things which the juniors, Seniors including and most of the staff don't even have the slightest idea about. 

As he walked, his steps weren't rushed nor too slow greeting the staff who greeted him back with a slight nod as he made his way towards the lift. Getting inside the lift he pressed the button of floor 25B and even made sure to press the emergency button so that the lift won't step on any other floor. 

Until now such 'VIP' patients have been growing in numbers this year which compelled the Senior doctors to almost panic and rushed to aid them, leaving whatever case they were handling. So the Hospital Owners made a decision to create a special team who will operate on such people. Which include only skilled doctors. Tao was himself young but his skills were even better than most of the Seniors. Until now only two teams of skilled doctors were assigned to such cases as such cases are so confidential and bound to secrecy that not even the staff or any of the juniors, or newcomers are allowed to intervene if there is something called the VIP Emergency. 

If you are wondering why Wang Yibo was even asked to inform Dr. Huang, when he himself is a junior in the Hospital but unlike the other staff, Wang Yibo was a special and most trusted person to the Owner and the Chairman of this Hospital. There was not even one who actually knew about this but only the Huangs who were close to the Chief and knew a few things about his life. 

As the doors of the lift slid open there was another glass door which required the full examination of the familiar doctors as the scanner scans Dr. Huang from head to toe and when he finally hears a beep sound then only the glass door slid open letting Dr. Huang walk freely inside the Ward. 

The left side of the Wall was covered with Platinum while the whole interior on the Right side was made of Frosted Glass and Brown and white wood including the interior stuff like Tables, Chairs, and the rest of the Furniture. The VIP Floor was likely a five-star Hotel in which only special cases are privileged to be operated.

Before Zi Tao could pass the rooms there were hushed voices coming from a Ward which made him halt in his steps. Don't get him wrong he wasn't someone who likes eavesdropping but some things are better heard from afar.

"No surprise Mr. and Mrs Huang have  taken over this case as well"

"Well Dr. Jin, the Huang Couple have always made decisions without the concern of others. Picking up a big fish is quite a habit now, but Isn't it quite selfish to choose the patients like they are selecting outfits from their personal closet" 

"Be careful of what you speak, Dr Wen. Walls here aren't thin. Speaking of which, don't you know the Huangs have set their standards high! Their own son who is young is allowed to be in these severe  Cases. How old is he? We weren't even lucky enough to meet the Chairman but here he was allowed to operate on the most severe cases. Even the Chief favors him and the Huang Family" 

Zi Tao's lips twitched as the two doctors squeezed another few sentences between their teeth like they were chewing something disgusting which led them to spout such nonsense.

Zitao has long grown a thick skin and didn't fuss over their words. To get affected by their talks would be like a child crying over a bit of teasing. 

Without waiting further Zitao made his steps loud which automatically shut both the doctors up. As soon as they saw Zi Tao they bowed respectfully and vice versa as both the doctors forced similar grins on their faces as if not a second ago they were dissing him and his parents. 

Zitao without sparing another glance at the two fools made a smooth way towards the Frosted Glass Door which had a Meeting Room written over it. 

He entered without knocking which got a little shake of the head from his mother Mrs. Huang but a small smile from his father Mr. Huang. Anyone could see the bright glint in Zi Tao's eyes as he sat between his parents like any other previous meetings. 

The Huang Family didn't utter a single word unlike the rest of the doctors and went straight to check over the folders that were placed before their nameplates, which made the rest of the doctors groan internally. The Huangs were always the people who would get straight to business rather than wasting their precious time in blabbering which made the rest of the doctors feel like they did a crime as soon as they opened their mouths. 

Someone clears their throat gaining all the attention towards themselves. It was the Vice-Chairman Mrs. Xiao who raked her sharp eyes on every person sitting inside the room like a hunter observing its prey. She was indeed Scary but most of the doctors kept their mouth sealed as they didn't want to lose their jobs. One comment and you are fired. Unlike Zi Tao who can handle his temper, Mrs. Xiao was someone who won't accept such backbiters and won't take a second to shut them up.

There were few files arranged perfectly in front of her over the table ranked with A and B. Everyone's eyes followed her as she opened and revealed the first file of the first patient and opened another file of the second patient. 

"You all have folders in front of you which have the details about the patient and what necessary steps should be taken to make this a successful surgery. It's been a while since VIP patients have been brought to our Hospital so without further delays and with lots of precautions we should give our best to save them. These patients are very important figures, very special cases I must say, and as you all know everything stays inside these walls. You all are aware of the rules so don't make me repeat myself. Considering the fact that I have ears everywhere I am aware of how some people are slacking off and bad-mouthing others behind their backs like they are angels fallen from heaven" 

Her sharp eyes traveled towards Dr. Wen and Dr. Jin who had no idea that they were caught nodded like saints who agree with her every word. 

"Mr. Wen and Mr. Jin if you both have enough time to chit chat come into my office during Lunch. I am a great listener, you won't have to talk among yourselves. Maybe with some tea" 

Mr. and Mrs. Huang's lips twitched as they each bit their lips to hide their smirks while the other confused doctors glanced towards Dr. Wen and Dr. Jin who suddenly got cold sweats. 

"Any Questions?" 

Zi Tao raised his hand which didn't surprise anyone nor even his parents but they are always curious as to their ear twitch in full attention. 

"May I know why there is no mention of any family member? Well, when a certain patient is brought here we need their family's consent to clear the formalities and agree to carry out the operation but these patients none have any record of any family or even a guardian" 

All the doctors who heard the question stretched out their necks to read the documents carefully. Being Senior and well-trained doctors your observation should be the best. Missing out such an important piece of Information was something really embarrassing as they have been working for years. 

"As expected from Jr. Huang" Mrs. Xiao flashes a small smile before nodding her head. "You caught that right. As I said, they are special cases. When they were brought to the hospital we couldn't find any information regarding their family except for their son who is too young but he isn't giving us any clues about the accident or anything but that won't stop us from operating them. We are doctors, our first responsibility is to save the patient rather than who they are" 

Zi Tao nodded silently, meanwhile his mother clasped his hand under the table smiling towards him softly. She patted it and let it go but Tao knew the signal. So Tao gulped down the words forcing his lips to seal. 

"Alright, if there are no more questions. Proceed for the Operation" 

Soon there were sirens heard outside the hospital alarming all the staff to clear the way. Tao prepared himself with the rest of his team and as soon as the doors were open two patients were brought. Everyone stood speechless as the patients looked like they had already died. Tao, who never gets nervous seeing a patient, lost his words as soon as the patients came into his view. 

He only wishes to give his best and save them; that's what he has pledged as a doctor. 

[ As the memory appeared it also disappeared in flash. Zi Tao sighed, picking up the chopsticks and slurping the Ramen like a hungry cat ]

Tao was sure never in his life did he ever felt his confidence slipping but that one night he almost felt like he lost his soul. 

"Doctor we are losing the Patient!" 

Those shouts, howls of other nurses in his team still rang in his years like a mantra. 

[ Pinching his eyes shut he released a deep sigh as the memories got cleared and the snow outside kept falling. After eating the last bit of ramen he made his way towards the sink and started to wash the dishes carefully so that the soap won't let the bowl slip ]

"I'm sorry. We tried our best but unfortunately, we couldn't save them"  

The doctors bowed in the queue, but Zi Tao who stood motionlessly over the side didn't utter a single word. It wasn't his first failure but something in him told him that he should have tried harder and that he didn't give his best. 

He swallowed with difficulty as the man in a blue Armani suit stood before him and didn't even look a bit sad or eve in worse almost sad. Zi Tao's eyes twitched as his eyes drank the sight of this unfamiliar man, very adequately dressed like those high-class businessmen who won't even let a drop of water spill over their branded clothes. He was the one to report the accident but adding to the fact that he didn't even utter a single word of condolence. 

The man's lips twitch slightly as if he was smiling which didn't go unnoticed by Tao at least who was quietly observing the man, unlike those doctors who drooled over the man's expensive get up. 

"I'm sure you'll give your best. Who can change their own fate? Maybe the couples already had their time coming" 

Tao held back the urge to punch the man's face with his fist. Tao really found the aura around this man strange yet he can't pinpoint what's so strange about it. 

Ignoring them, Tao glanced towards the other side where a very young boy stood with blood soaked clothes. His right hand was wrapped nicely with a bandage meanwhile his head had a slight cut. He was staring at the wall blankly, not even a tear over his face. 

Tao walked towards him and slid beside him which earned him a side glance from the boy. 

"I'm sorry for your parents" The boy stayed silent which made Tao nervous and out of words but he still tried. "You can cry. Let it Out" 

"Crying is for weak" 

The boy uttered which was enough for Tao to leave speechless. 

Once Tao sat in his Office he slammed the door shut making the Junior Doctor Wang to jump and yelp in surprise. His brown eyes staring wide eyed at Zi Tao who looks so calm but his frown was so deep which made Wang Yibo to shiver and shrink in his seat. 

Gulping down the fear, Wang Yibo swallowed hard. To cheer up the doctor, the young Junior displayed his best smile for the day before speaking. "Dr. Huang, how was the Operation?" 

Dr. Huang sighed, his shoulder slacking down like a puddle as he rested his head on both of his arms and closed his eyes. 

Not in any mood to answer the junior Dr. Huang frowned, his eyebrows pinching up in between curiosity and annoyance as he picked himself up again and opened the private file of the VIP patients. 

He looked into every VIP Patient his team has operated on but there was nothing which would struck his mind. 

How can they not have any identification? Who are these people? Were they really in an accident or was it a murder? 

"One looks Familiar" 

Tao's eyes snap towards the junior as if he found his life source. 

"How come? Have you seen him before?" 

Dr. Wang Yibo chewed the inside of his cheeks, his mind raking inside to search the data of these people. Unlike some people Wang Yibo has such a good memory that one would be stunned for a second. He leaned towards Zi Tao, still staring deeply at the two faces like they are a mystery he was trying to solve. 

"Hmm, the women's face is ruined so I don't think I can find about her but the man he doesn't look Chinese but at least I can tell I've seen him before" 

Zi Tao wondered about the lady, meanwhile Wang Yibo frowned as he bore holes in the man's face. 

Wang Yibo leaned back in his seat and typed something over his own computer before smiling as if he won a lottery. 

Turning the screen towards the said Senior Dr. Wang grinned boastfully while Dr. Huang wondered if he was seeing right. 

 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Baekhyun was gazing out of the window when a warm body hugged him from behind. Sighing, baekhyun leaned back and stared at the snowfall which glittered in the dark night. 

Not hearing anything from the shorter male Chanyeol made Baekhyun turn around facing him. The shorter male was in his own deep thoughts which were bugging him since he left that creepy house. 

"You can just ask" 

Deep voice of Chanyeol snapped Baekhyun out of his thoughts. He stared at Chanyeol or maybe into his soul before parting his lips and uttering what's in his mind. 

Baekhyun's hand moved as he unzipped his jacket revealing a thick leather book and what the little things he had stacked inside quickly before Chanyeol's eyes letting the young agent scan them. 

Baekhyun waited patiently for him to say something but after sometime when he didn't receive any reply he left the things on the table and wound his arms around the agent's waist who was staring back motionless.

As if Baekhyun understood the internal dilema Chanyeol was facing he cupped the taller's cheeks and inhaled shakily as if the words he was going to hear were going to hurt him. 

"Chanyeol, Park Shin Joo was your father wasn't he?" 

Baekhyun caressed Chanyeol's face tenderly trying to show him that he is here.  The taller one on hearing those words closed his eyes shut, slightly making himself lean down so that Baekhyun could lightly kiss his jaw and peck his lips, Chanyeol jaw clenched as well as his hands around Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun smiled which made Chanyeol open his eyes again but this time they were burning as if someone lit a fire in them. If only eyes could kill or burn someone Baekhyun would have been a prey of them both but he also knew this boy standing before him wasn't going to harm him. The emotions weren't casted towards him, the anger and the pain is something the taller has been hiding since years which Chanyeol is now exposing them to Baekhyun and only him. It was like a silent whisper that was only between them and no third person. 

"Who killed him yeol" 

Baekhyun's voice was calm but even he was raging from inside as if Chanyeol's emotions were reflecting inside him. 

Chanyeol opened his mouth, his fingers clenching over Baekhyun's fabric as he spoke. 

"Zi Shen Wu your Uncle" 

❤❤❤

Hello 👀

How was this Chapter? 😇

Next Chapter will be Updated on Sunday ❤

Thankyou for Reading  🌹

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3K 257 36
Dream was an outlaw. Running from the guards, stealing, and being a general problem was just an everyday occurrence. He loved the rush of adventure a...
4K 111 43
After her mom died, Celestia Sinclair had no choice but to leave their home and move to her mother's younger sister's house, Aunt Viena's. In a seclu...
2.6K 114 18
Book Four!!!! Now that Bradford is out of the way, we can focus on the important things in life. You know like friends, family, and fifty thousand ye...
75.8K 2.9K 31
❝ come on, come on, don't leave me like this i thought i had you figured out ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 two demigods, both forbidden in many different ways, f...