When I Finally Step Out .

By Hijabi-baby

Tortured by the man he calls her father for so long , she almost dies in his hands but still adamantly vowing... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 24

71 6 0
By Hijabi-baby

" ugh , Enrique pleassee if you can't feed me then at least bring me water to quench my thirst ! "- I pleaded to the guard guarding me that day .

" Quiet down ! "- he harshly remarked .

" Enrique please , I'm so thirsty ! " - I said with a cough .

I sighed then closed my eyes as i controlled my breathing .

I've been feeling weak lately and I'm afraid because the beatings are making things worse for me .

I guess I just have to give up ; no one really cares that much about me anyway .

I kept quiet the rest of the time till sleep finally overtook me .

I was woken up again by gentle taps on my shoulder .

I managed to open my eyes to see who it was ; Ryan . It was the second guard .

" Yeah ,"- I mumbled .

" Nothing , just checking to know if you were still alive or not ? " - he said with a hint of sadness .

I smiled  "I guess I'm that stubborn eh , "- I joked .

" I guess "- he replied with a shrug .
Ryan was actually more friendly than Enrique and likes to start a conversation with me to help me smile .

" Ryan  , may I get a glass of water to drink please "- I hopefully asked him again.

" You already know how it is , Scarlet . If I disobey the Madam's orders I would be in trouble plus I have a family to take care of ."- he replied with a sad face .

" Just a drop of water  Ryan please ! "- I pleaded again .

He muttered something like sorry  before finally exiting the basement .

I shook my head so as to prevent to tears from coming out .
I closed my eyes again as I forced myself to sleep . I need to feel numb from the pain .

I don't know how long I've been here but it feels like forever and I feel myself slowly slipping away .

" Helloo ! "- I heard a cheerful Margaret yell .

* Silence *

" I'm just going to ignore you this time around , "- she said as she squatted to level down with me .

" I'm gradually growing my business bacckkk ! and I'm so happy  "- she said with a giggle .

" Well ..... Won't you speak , hihihi I guess you finally learnt to be less bratty !  - she remarked .

That was definitely not the reason at all  , I was just too weak to even form gibberish not to talk of talking . How long have I been here to make me this weak .

" Hey , hey little missy are you even listening to me ! "- she said with a snap of her finger .

I looked her in the eye and was wondering how she became like this ; what happened ?

" Anyway since you will not be around to ruin my business , I think I can finally have my peace of mind  "- she said as she caressed my cheeks .

" See you soon ! "- she said as she abruptly got up and exited the basement .

Leaving with Enrique with Ryan left to guard me .

" I'm gonna miss you , "- I managed to mumble .

" I'm really sorry for what the madam is making you go through , I mean * sigh * you have already gone through enough in your father's hands . But aside from that , what you did to your father's hair and eyebrows were epic ! "- he said as he clutched his stomach after finishing his last sentence .

" , I know ! "- my face immediately dropped as the image of my sister surrounded in her own pool of blood popped into my head.

" I hope he never gets out of there "- he said with a frown .

" Yeah , I hope so too "- I mumbled .

He seems young to even be involved in this kind of business or maybe he's doing this for his family's welfare .
I won't be able to say anything about Enrique ; even his face looks ruthless .

" What's up with Enrique anyway , "- i blurted .

" I don't even know but what I know is that he growls a lot ! "- he said with a chuckle .

He walked to me and sat down by my side as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear .

" I thought you were all buddy , buddy with him , "- I teased .

" Definitely not , if it's not him growling at me then it's his creepy , creepy ; very creepy stink eyes "- he explained as he trembled lightly .

" Are you afraid of him ? "- I asked in between laughs .

" Of course not ! "- he replied with a scoff .

" Even with all his muscles "- I asked with a raised eyebrow .

" Thoes tiny things ! "- he said with a smirk .

" You might want to tell him that , "- I said with a head gesture  in front of us .

" Wha ? - where is he ? "- he asked in a panicked tone .

" I bet you peed your pants , "- I said with a smirk .

" That was no laughing matter Scarlet ! "- he scolded .

" Anyway let's forget about what just happened , so tell me how do you know the madam "- he asked.

" My dearest daddy decided that I would be of good use if I sold my body for money and as an example him and Margaret did it In front of me tied up in a chair and occasionally smacks on my cheeks "- I explained with a sad smile .

" Oh "- was his only reply .

" Don't worry about it , "- I said with a saddened smile .

I closed my eyes then leaned back for a bit .

"Let me just take a nap , "- I whispered .

" Ok "- he mumbled before leaving the basement .

I heard someone ran in and hold me .

" Ryan ? "- I mumbled .

" Shhh "- he gestured before tampering with my cuffs .

I felt my hand being freed .

" Ryan ! , what are you doing ? "- I whispered .

" Getting you out of here , "- he whispered back .

He helped me stand as I leaned on his body .

" I'm not sure I remember how to use my legs "- I whispered .

" Don't worry "- he said with a smirk as he carried me in his arms bridal style and dashed towards the door .

" Thank you "- I mumbled as I closed my eyes to protect them from the harshness of the light in here but unfortunately darkness took the opportunity and sucked me in ; darkness my old friend .

A/N

My favorite quote from this book :
Darkness , my old friend .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 4.6K 37
Ever had a crush? Ever been in love? Of course Yes. Read this story and I bet you will adore it(hope so) Imagine you in the place of...
270K 14.3K 59
Dua Shah the innocent girl with a devastated life. Never loved by anyone from her family. She lost her mother in early age. She lives with her father...
1.2M 54.5K 55
She tried to loosen his grip on her jaw but invane. "This i-is n-not right. You c-can't t-touch me. P-Please m-move away you're t-to close. J-just le...
122K 10K 39
"I won't complain if you don't provide me with nutella. I won't complain if you don't buy me Victoria's Secret lingerie. I won't complain if you sit...