Rise To The Top! [Finished]

By Yeetmaster8

Hey kids, do you like reincarnation stories? Well, you came to the right place. It's gonna be a little differ... More

Prologue
Chapter one: So it begins
Chapter Two: Change
Chapter 3: Resurrection
Chapter 4: Dungeon raiders
Chapter 5: Shadow Monarch is here!!
Chapter 6: I'm sorry
Chapter 7: you're gonna Isekai me?
Chapter 8: Still Isekai'd!!
Chapter 9: Hehe boi
Chapter 10: You're mine
Chapter 11: okay, now you're mine
Chapter 12: i'll fix you....
Chapter 12: Remain pure!
Chapter 13: Let's get this over with
Chapter 14: it's a dream? damnit!
Chapter 15: Welcome...to Middle Earth
Chapter 16: I'll help you out
Chapter 17: .....
Chapter 18: The Architect
Chapter 19: The Truth
Chapter 19.1: Excanum!
Chapter 19.2: Double Dungeon/Reawakening
Chapter 19.3: Peerless Dad
Chapter 20: Surprise!
Chapter 21: Yes
Chapter 22: come get some; move it or die
Chapter 24: The fight is on!
Chapter 25: When i fall...
Chapter 26: I shall rise again...
wish you a Merry Christmas
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Chapter ???: fuck off Highschool DxD
Idiots screaming at each other (epic finale)

Chapter 23: Time to Level Up!

371 3 2
By Yeetmaster8

"Sup." Adrian discovered an old man searching for something inside a dungeon. He can see multiple Hunters out cold but unharmed "did you do all of this?"

This pale-blue skinned man didn't respond to his question. Almost like he couldn't understand him.

"Shy, huh?" Adrian went beside him to search for Magic Cores "seen a big crystal around here? It's been calling my name for awhile."

Aubin widened his eyes when he heard this 'crystal'. Adrian sensed bloodlust from him.

"Now, now. No need to get angry at me. I just want to look for it..." Parker saw movements at his hand and dodges "trying to pick a fight?"

"Shut up, human." He said

"Monster?! Shit. I should've guessed you were one of them." Adrian pulled out his sword and emitted his magic aura "shall we begin?"

His presence feels familiar ~(Aubin)

Aubin ignores him and went back to searching that crystal Adrian mentioned. He kept watching him to keep a lookout.

"Continuing your search, huh? Not if I find it first!" Parker followed the direction of the voice

The Monarch of Frost quickly catches up to him and pummeled Parker into the ground.

"So you do wanna go?! Whoever can defeat the other, gets the crystal. Deal?"

"Human, you dare go up against a Monarch? I'll make you regret-"

Adrian's speed was untraceable towards Aubin's eyes, making him in complete shock.

What?! ~(Aubin)

"Mist and Water Breathing Form: Flowing Mist." Parker unleashes multiple slashes one on top of the other in quick succession while mimics the movement of waves on the surface of water "you dodged it? That's a surprise."

I can tell he's strong...if those attacks were to land on me...I'd be dead ~(Aubin)

"Who are you?"

"Speak English!! I can't understand...whatever species you are." Adrian picks his ears

"....who are you? And why does your speed excel my sight?" He asked

There was a long pause between the two, before Adrian broke it...

"I am the World's Strongest Hunter, and you....are going to be hunted down." Parker can sense he is on a whole different level from any beasts he ever fought

Present Day

Brian had read the article featuring his feat on his way here. After seeing the gazes of other Hunters locking onto him because of a completely unrelated matter, though, he had to concede that the ripples created from that article were far greater than he anticipated. He scanned the Hunters and they quickly withdrew their gazes.

My uproar caused them to distrust me ~(Brian)

He discovered palpable fear within their eyes and could only let out a helpless sigh in his heart. Awkward laughter came from here and there. Vandana drinks away his problem but a notification went off...

Toxins have been located within the body

Please wait for purification.....

Toxins has been purified

I can drink all night without getting drunk!! ~(Brian)

40 bottles of beer went down his throat, others looked at him all dumbstruck as they never seen a heavy drinker. Garda sat by him but heard noises from his sides...

"Grrr....what's your relationship with Brian?"

It was Jaylon. She thought it would be a good idea to feed him beer.

I hope I don't get unjustified hits because I'm 'cheating' on her ~(Brian)

If that were to happen, Brian will wholeheartedly punch them back for equality. Women wants to be equal? Brian will treat them like men. Hitting people for random reasons? Brian will hit you back. This isn't your typical harem cliche story.

I swear if feminism were to take over the world...I would surely give up on humanity - oh wait, I already gave up on it ~(Brian)

"Huh?! You're treating me as a stranger!?" Garda had steam escaping from her head "I just came to have a few drinks with him!"

Virgo comes from behind and hugs Vandana as her chest presses his head. Brian thought he was in heaven.

Ah, that's nice ~(Brian)

Vandana watched many animes involving the MC (Main characters) bitching out as a girl like Virgo would flirt with him. 'Please make me pregnant!', that sentence would make the virgin mc get flustered and reject them because they're 'nice' (Bell is an exception) but to Vandana....he will accept it. Even if it's someone he's close to (not males or children's or his little sister. This ain't hentai where incest would take place). Brian speaks for all males in the world, just like Kazuma! And Touma from 'A Certain Magical Index'! And Yuuji from 'Fruit of Grisaia'!

Issei....eh. guy isn't that much who speaks for everyone ~(Brian)

His tastes in culture is different than an average anime watcher. He doesn't like most harem/isekai animes because they're all about the same problems, the same tropes, the same characters float down the sewer pipes. Most animes need to have the power of friendship gives characters the strength for one final fucking blow! In Brian's perspective, friendship isn't involved. Only the power of progression.

I remember watching one of the worst fucking anime back in my youngling years. Think it was 'Kenja No Mago' or as I like to call 'Magic Bitch' ~(Brian)

Brian is into Grown Man Shit. Moving on! As the girls were fighting over Brian, he continued to drink.

I tasted better beverages from the shop....including water ~(Brian)

The shop is opened right now and he checks to see how much gold coins he has....

Gold: 3,733,890,421

Can I buy a magic gun in the shop? ~(Brian)

"Babyyyyyy! Drink up!" Jaylon burped and that breath of alcohol reeked! "My bad! Is it true you would've been my grandpa?"

Brian chuckled...

"Yep! Your grandmother fell for another dude when we were engaged! Killed me but not thanks to a certain person." Which is Atisse "can you believe I almost became your late grandfather?"

"But wait....is it okay if someone like her falls in love with an old man like you?" Virgo asked

Old man? ~(Brian)

"Well...we're not related by blood, plus my conscious is 60 years old. Body: 24 years old." Brian responded

To be honest....almost 16,400 years old ~(Brian)

"Then it's okay to be with a fine young men!" Jaylon puts his arm between her breasts

It's fun being young ~(Brian)

Don't worry! They are at a legal age!

"No, he's mine!" Virgo shouted

"Hyungnim belongs to me!" Garda was also drunk

"What is your fetish?!" Virgo asked out of the blue

Jaylon and Garda listened for his response...

Fuck ~(Brian)

"To be honest, I like it when women wear skirts, just skirts as they are having sex." Brian recalls many porn and hentai where the girl wears a skirt while they are getting it on

"What kind of skirts?" Garda had a pen and paper

"School skirts like the ones you see in anime!" Brian drooled "and fox girls!"

"Why?" All three questioned

"Their tails....because floof..." back in the 40's, Brian would always use Yomi's tail to relieve stress and sometimes falls asleep "soft and fluffy..."

I love fox girls ~(Brian)

Hunters that had been gathered in small groups of two and three to chat among themselves suddenly parted ways and stood to either side of the hallway. Brian pushed his Sense Stat to the extreme first and analysed the movements of every single Hunter within the conference venue.

They are coming ~(Brian)

9 of the greatest National Hunters all kneeled down as Vandana stood up. His armor slowly materialized while giving out purple energy and summoned the sword.

"SIR, YES, SIR!!!" They shouted "We await any orders, sir!!"

Brian missed this sensation. He believes the Shadow Soldiers won't hold up against a Monarch, so that was his first idea....

"Josh, Ichigo, Melissa, Alexia, Kyle, Rachel, Robert, Hailey, Terrence...protect Naoyuki Yo. Don't care if it's a human or not, always be on guard of Naoyuki."

________

"Protect the Hunters?" Brian repeated what Selner said "why should I protect the ones who are corrupt by power? Why should I give a shit to the ones I don't care about? Do I care about most of them? No. I only care about the ones who know me and them personally. Do you understand Ms. Selner?"

Selner nodded.

"It's like asking me, a murderer, to protect a pedophile. I'm not going to let that fucker live." Brian analogues "I have every folder of 40% of Hunters around the world who did some crazy shit. The ones I don't see were Jaylon, Red, Charles, Sakura, Garda, Atisse, Natsu, Virgo, Naoyuki, Noah, Morgan, Savannah (my little sister's friend), William Vandana (my father), my 9 powerful members, Chifuyu and her guild members, Charlotte, Justice, half of Canadian Hunters (I wonder why), 3/4 of Germany, ect. God I hate remembering things. But you see my point Selner?"

"Yes, Mr. Parker." She nodded again

"Those things you saw in your dreams. They are higher than Hunters, and I...am their counterpart. You need me to defeat them, and I need you to provide safety on my family and friends." Brian suggested his task "I faced one of them before in the early 50's."

He began thinking up a suitable response when the time comes as he stood up from his seat to leave.

I shall protect my family, even if that means every single Hunter in the world becomes my enemy ~(Brian)

His shadow soldiers sent distress signals at his family's location. He figured it was them! No...there was more at the Guild! 'Must save my family!' he repeated in his mind.

I'll be sure to be quick...Exchange! ~(Brian)

Selner and Adam were in quite a shock when Brian instantly disappeared. What Vandana saw was just scattered bodies which does not belong to a human race. It was magic beasts.

"Where is he!? Where is my lover?!"

Someone was speaking English towards Isabella. She had lost her battle with Hana but still didn't give up to protect what was assigned to her.

"I'd rather you just shut up and leave us alone!"

"Fragment of Brilliant Light. Is this the way you want to go out? Reveal yourself before we hurt this child." Aubin and Nandu spotted pairs of glowing pale-blue eyes approaching from the darkness

Hana lets go of Isabella's throat and excitingly ran at Brian for a big hug...

"Darling!!"

A sonic boom rang out as Hana flew over to Nandu. She is extremely injured from a punch to the stomach, making her puke blood.

"Ash!?"

Vandana catches her to only have his armor materialized out. It was passed down to Isabella for temporarily as his new outfit exposes: A black shirt, black hoodie, black streetwear joggers pants, and black running shoes. It's a whole new look for him being the Shadow Monarch besides his hair being black (edgy man).

"I am no longer this 'Ash'. Please, call me by my human name....Brian Vandana." He said while flipping them off "I cut my ties with you Monarchs. I live with the humans now."

He grasped the neck of this Monarch of Frost tightly so it wouldn't be able to escape.

"Why? Why are you betraying us?!"

"I said it before...I cut my ties with you." Brian repeated "you, Nandu, Hana, Antares, and all the other Monarchs....are my enemies."

Monarch of Frost casted a spell that causes a blizzard. It's purpose was to escape. Brian pushes the sense stats to the limit and located a presence at his side. In a rush, he quickly summoned 'Baruka's Dagger' from the Inventory and threw it. The dagger flew in a dead-straight line and accurately stabbed into the Monarch's shoulder. The Monarch of Frost glared at the dagger in its shoulder, then glared at the one who threw it next - at Brian - and gnashed its teeth. It soon disappeared into the depth of the Gate with the rest. He was thinking of chasing after the creature, but seeing the Gate's gradually shrink in size, he gave up on that idea. Besides, Isabella's current condition wasn't good enough for him to focus his attention elsewhere.

"Focus on me. Don't shut your eyes just yet." Brian had embedded healing magic at his armor for purposes like this

Back then, Vandana thought maybe it wasn't a good idea, but his master told him to apply and patiently wait for the right moment.

I owe you this one, master ~(Brian)

"B....brian..."

"Quit talking...just let it begin." Brian responded with a gloomy smile

It began using up all of its magical energy healing the gravely injured woman. A hole on her chest began closing up and the bleeding stopped. She was completely healed.

"Hi..." she said

"Hey..." he replied

"I knew you would come. Thank you." Isabella cups his cheek

"Ha! Why would I give up on someone special like you? That's absurd." Vandana chuckles softly "is my family ok?"

"Yep! Safe and sound. Away from all of this." Isabella stood up thanks to his help "a woman came by and told me she'll take them. Said she knows you."

"I might've asked for a favor towards that person." He stared at the wall "her name is Yomi. We've just met by the Manga Cafe."

"Ohhhh? Have you been meeting with other women's besides me, Charlotte, and Gwen?" Isabella is ready to punch him

"Not in a romantic way." Which is the truth...at some parts "how would you like it if I took you out for dinner? A reward for your troubling times."

"Aw, thank you." The Demon Queen acknowledges this reward "by the way...you look much better in that outfit. Does it help blend you in the darkness?"

"If I was black, very much. But my skin color looks tanned, almost 30% of my family are Mexicans...well, from my mom's side anyways." Brian answered "what about you - oh that's right, you come from a demon tribe. I gotta head back to work."

"Work? You're still working at the Cafe?" She raises her eyebrow

"My second job. The one where I hunt." He shook his head in disappointment

________

It's weird how the system didn't warn me of killing intent from Noah. But let me guess...it's because I am powerful! I regain 56% of my true strength. More levels equals more growth in power! ~(Brian)

He really wants those sweet sweet experience points for the system to level him up. Sooner or later, his strength would become higher than his prime. However, Brian wasn't the only one getting ready for a battle.
The Monarch of Frost and Beasts, after successfully escaping to the hideout, summoned other Monarchs who had already descended on this planet. Three men and two woman appeared within this frozen cave. The Monarch of Frost addressed these five...

"Son of Ashborn has betrayed us...all of us. Just like his father. Like father, like son."

And then, it proceeded to explain what it saw and heard to its new guests. The Sovereigns weren't even bothered in the slightest by the coldness of the cave capable of freezing a person's flesh and blood, but after hearing the story, their atmosphere became incredibly frosty in mere seconds...

"Who is the human vessel for Ash?"

"No vessel...his body was reborn twice...meaning someone gave him reincarnation spells."

Aubin remembers Ashborn's wife applying a powerful spell onto his son the moment he was sent to earth. A spell to give limited reincarnations.

"even if he we remove him from the picture. He would glue himself back and remove us himself. Unless...he is still human."

"What do you mean?"

"The boy hasn't regained his true powers yet...and still is human. I read upon something that involves reincarnation spells: if a powerful mage were to use it on a Ruler or Monarch, they would be reborn as an infant. He isn't one of us yet..."

"No! Don't you dare kill him! I promise myself I would bring him back even if he isn't fully recovered. He is my hope, and this idea...will not slip by me."

"Are you opposing us, Daughter of Destruction?"

"That sounds exactly what I intend to go for."

"Do you have the power to take all of us down?"

"Who said I needed to do that?"

Hana exploded the cave into bits and made her escape. Suzy followed her plans and escaped before the Monarchs can kill them off.

"Are you nuts?! We just made them our enemy!!"

"Shut up and just run!"

Nandu surprised them both.

"Boo."

He then slams their faces deep into the ground while dragging them.

"And here I thought my daughter would rule by my side...shame. shame on both of you." Nandu is very deeply confused on her own daughter

".....father....has this war lost your way of sanity?"

He laughs. He truly was lost.

"I see. My father is gone. You're just a wandering soul."

______

Brian was unaware that he just muttered out a gasp that his little sister used to make rather often. He scrolled faster and faster as the action scenes of Sung Jin-Woo fighting the Architect was similar to how he fought. Vandana was pumped about the art and action scenes were pacing just about right.

Get 'im!! ~(Brian)

"YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" Brian's cheering made the shadows jump. He nervously said sorry and they went back to hunting

Brian formed a smile and congratulated the man in his mind before shutting the device's power off and chucked it lightly behind him. An ant Shadow Soldier standing there just barely caught it. Vandana watched the ant stuff the phone in a bag and warned the creature...

"A human does a better job than you. Need to work hard for me to acknowledge you, got it?"

Charlotte was too busy performing the role of the Vice-Chairman of the Guild and couldn't accompany him (plus far away), so this ant Shadow Solder was elected to replace him as the luggage carrier. As if the creature was feeling sheepish about his new role, he continuously bowed while scratching the back of his head. Brian chuckled and lightly tapped the soldier on his shoulder before turning around to leave. He had finished eating lunch, so it was now time to recommence with the hunt. Vandana scratched his forehead as he scanned the dense forest of trees dyeing his view a sea of green. Only a short while ago, there used to be a village right here before it got trampled on by the Giants. But to think, it now resembled the Amazon rainforest. One didn't even need to be able to sense magical energy to realise that something was very wrong with this sight, indeed. However, it seemed that regular animals weren't suspicious of this forest, as various traces of them being devoured could be seen here and there. Brian stared at the bones of the dead animals and the flies buzzing around them before clicking his tongue. There was a baby Shiba Inu, fresh. A black smoke rises from its corpse.

Shadow Extraction is possible

"I'm sorry bud." Brian gave it a proper burial

He then picked up a stone from the ground and threw it at the forest. It was no longer a plain stone, though. No, it was a stone thrown by a S-Rank Hunter - no, by Vandana of all people. The stone accurately struck where the face of the tree-type monster was. The creature's closed eyes shot wide open. It began frowning angrily and stood up from the spot to run straight at him. Brian purposely cut himself and splashed blood on the monster. The monster kept screaming in pain but it didn't want to go down at all. Vandana threw more blood on it. The monster actually squeezed its eyes shut at the continuous barrage of attacks. This creature tumbled around on the ground as a painful scream exploded out from its mouth. Even then, it began dragging its broken body back towards Brian.

"Toxic Blood: deals with regenerative abilities." Vandana whispers

The dying tree moaned out a short gasp of death and spat out some kind of a liquid possessing an unbearable stink. Brian grinned and summoned out a few Shadow Soldiers.

You have Leveled up!

Yes! ~(Brian)

He tightly clenched his fist out of happiness.

Level 133, bitches! Mana is at 136,160. Health is at 78,230 ~(Brian)

Strength has 308 points in. Constitution at 307. Agility was at 316. Intelligence at 321. Sense at 307. Thanks to his soldiers currently doing their things throughout the whole of Japan, the quest to raise his level was progressing rather quickly. All those countless monsters pouring out from the Gates were proving to be a boon for Brian. All of his Stats had exceeded 300.

Daily quest points are going to strength ~(Brian)

"Sire, I have a request." Beru kneels

"You want to attract the prey?" Brian could guess

"Yes. My body is reacting differently today."

Perfect!! ~(Brian)

Beru was already strong enough to toy with S-Rank Hunters even before he became a part of the Shadow Army. His current grade, too, was the highest among all of his existing Shadow Soldiers.

Marshal grade, here we come! ~(Brian)

"Permission granted." Vandana gave a thumbs up for approval

"My humbleness thanks goes to you, sire. I shall send the ant battalion by your side."

"You don't have to." Brian smirked to himself

Of course, Beru wouldn't be able to see the expression his King was making, since they were dozens upon dozens of kilometres away.

Come forth ~(Brian)

Vandana called out, and his soldiers, almost 1200-strong, responded back to him simultaneously. From Igris and Iron, in charge of leading the knights, Tusk leading the High Orcs, Jima leading the Nagas, No.6 leading the giants, Tank and Bloodhounder leading the Ice Bears, and even Kaisel leading the leftover soldiers. He thought he could hear their loud roars. Every single one of them began focusing all of their attention on Brian's summons. He sensed their tension oh-so-clearly, even this far away. While enjoying this feeling of satisfaction, Brian issued his new command...

Fall back ~(Brian)

The moment his order was given, the entirety of the Shadow Army began moving again. Soldiers all reverted back to their shadow state and rapidly headed in the direction where Vandana was waiting for them.

"My liege....why have you recalled the soldiers?"

"I wanted you to take out the remaining monsters." Brian replies

This seemed to be the best option available in order to speed up Beru's advancement. He was going to 'power level' Beru. There were still quite a few areas where dungeon breaks had occurred, so if the two of them went around clearing them, the required level cap would be met pretty soon. Of course, as the ground they had to cover was vast, the efficiency of this method fell far behind the one with sending out his soldiers to sweep the enemies clean, but Beru's advancement was the priority here. Beru couldn't finish his sentence, his voice overflowing with emotions. Seeing that his emotions had become richer as time went on, there was little doubt that he had been hiding in the shadows watching TV the whole day when he was supposed to protect his mother, father and Juliana at home. As the recalling of his shadows was just about complete, Brian asked the question to his soldiers...

Any of you need advancement, come on up ~(Brian)

As Beru stood there, itching to go on the intimate solo hunting, yet another Shadow Soldier emerged from the ground next to him. While a look of disappointment flashed on Beru's face, Brian's own expression brightened up even more. Then another, and another, and another, and another, another.

This sections is a lot different from Solo Leveling ~(Brian)

The leaders of each group had their advancement on the line. Igris, Tank, Iron, Bloodhounder, Tusk, Kaisel, Beru, and Jima. As they normally do, they bend down to send their thanks.

"Alright. Iron, would you do the honors?" Brian sends him to alert the monsters

Iron used skill 'Taunting Cry'

Enemies have been taunted

"Have fun." Brian smirked as his shadows went into battle "remember to collect the mana crystals, alright?"

That ant collector nodded.

"I'll send some more to help you out." Brian gestured an ok sign

_______

The elite assault team members of the Wolverine's Guild were in the middle of getting ready for the raid, but Brian's sudden entrance stole away their focus and they could only concentrate on him now. Sakura was the only one to get a heads-up from him, so she was able to remain collected, at least compared to her colleagues.

"Borrowing our dungeon? Why of course, mr. Parker!"

"Thank you!"

The explanation had been concluded quickly enough. Vandana was proposing to kill every single monster inside the dungeon, barring the boss itself, and he even promised not to touch anything else. There would be no Guild Master worth his salt who'd reject this deal. The thing was, Charles had been greatly worried about his people getting injured inside this high-ranking Gate, so he welcomed this offer with both of his arms raised up high. Of course, the members of the raid team themselves were also welcoming this development, although they were careful not to show it outwardly. Brian immediately headed towards the Gate.

You have entered a dungeon

He immediately summoned his new ranking Shadows.

Later

Vandana continues to read Solo Leveling after witnessing his Shadow's advancement. It put a warm smile on his face. Oh how long he has dreamed to become just like Sung Jin-Woo. Noah welcomed him with big open arms. From the time Brian mentioned that he needed new shortswords to up until now - Thomas Andre ripoff had been counting the days he'd get to hand over the greatest weapons ever made, sleeping within his Guild's storage, to his new friend. He didn't simply fly all the way to this distant foreign land for no reason at all. How would the guy Noah Johnson personally acknowledged as the world's best Hunter react when he sees these two bad boys?

Kamish Wraith...the strongest weapon in the universe of Solo Leveling ~(Brian)

Or so it seems. The status for Thousand Demon Daggers has not showed up, so it's hard to tell how much attack it has. Noah snapped his fingers, prompting his 'bodyguards' to bring out a large box covered in a sheet of fabric. Johnson can see a grin on Vandana's face. The box was placed on the coffee table between him and Brian...

"This here is my repayment for the favour you've shown to my Guild members and to myself."

Johnson grasped the corner of the fabric and carefully pulled it away. The sheet slid off smoothly and revealed what it had been hiding all this time. It was a see-through case underneath. And within it were a pair of shortswords stabbed into a large reptilian scale.

Kamish....you'll be able to fight by my side once again ~(Brian)

Noah added that, with the master craftsman responsible for the creation of these two genuine masterpieces having retired from old age, there would never be another weapon crafted out of the Dragon corpse in this world again.

"The fang's length wasn't nearly long enough to make a proper longsword, so they were made into shortswords back then. Who knew that decision would pay off now?"

The lore never explained who was this master craftsman ~(Brian)

He took one of the blades out and witness it's attack. A whopping 1,500 attack. Demon king's Shortsword has an effect if the user has exceeded 300 in strength, its attack will surpass 500.

Item: Kamish's Wrath
Rarity: ??
Type: Shortsword
Attack: +1,500
Top quality shortsword fashioned from the sharpest fang
among the Dragon's teeth by the expert's hands.
The blade's sharpness has no equal in this world; it also boasts excellent sensitivity towards Mana, and can become greatly strengthened depending on the wielder's capability.

Oh sweet, sweet, daggers. I'll make sure to sell you right away - just kidding ~(Brian)

From his hand, from the entirety of the shortsword itself, a blackish aura was slowly rising up, that was why. It wasn't just the aura rising up from the weapon; that weightiness of the shortsword seemingly filling up his palm had also vanished in an instant. As if it was all a lie from the very start. The weapon had become lighter than a feather. This weapon even allowed its wielder to control its weight as he willed it. The shortsword 'Kamish's Wrath' began vibrating as if to greet its new owner. Brian's heart began pounding even harder as he grasped its hilt. Brian calmed his palpitating heart down and stabbed the shortsword back to where it used to be. That brought about the end to the blade's vibration. The black aura had been oppressing Mia and the bodyguards to the extent that they couldn't even breathe properly, but now that the overwhelming aura was gone, they were able to finally gasp for fresh air.

"You like the gift?" Noah asked

"Like it? I love it!"

As the atmosphere between the two Hunters standing at the very apex of the world grew warmer and more cordia. Brian and Noah both stopped moving at the same time. Mia and the bodyguards didn't even have the chance to panic at the sudden stiffness in the two men's expression, because Noah opened his mouth before they could.

"Mister Parker, just now, that..."

Vandana briefly nodded his head. That ominous sensation that brushed past his backside - Noah must've felt something quite similar to that. It came from the sky. As if they had a prior agreement, both men shot up from their seats and quickly stood next to the window.

They're here...the Monarch War arc ~(Brian)

Noah stared at the massive Gate floating up high in the sky and muttered loudly...

"I can hardly believe this. I've never seen a Gate that huge before."

Even the Gate that spat out Kamish wasn't as big as that shit up there. The thing was, though, Brian had seen a Gate with similar dimensions before - within the 'data' the stone angel statue played for him back then. He saw winged soldiers pour out in their droves from a Gate high up in the sky. The massive size of the Gate covering the heavens above the city of Seoul was almost an exact match to the Gate he saw within the data. Just from recalling the sight of all those soldiers painting the sky silver, Brian felt this shudder, a jolt, buzzing from the back of his neck with a grin...

"Mr. Parker?"

And as a heavy, powerful silence descended on everyone in the room, the gigantic Gate that suddenly manifested itself in the sky continued to gently ripple about, as if to swallow everything that was down below.

"I'm gonna check the Gate out." Brian summoned Kaisel "go forth...to the Gate."

Brian riding on the back of the Sky Dragon Kaisel drew closer to the Gate. Once he got near its bottom, the damn thing looked more like an endlessly-stretching lake rather than an actual Gate. What a near-overwhelming size it was. A regular Hunter wouldn't have been able to endure this extraordinary amount of magical energy leaking out from the Gate itself, but Vandana remained unaffected and aloof, starting from the moment he decided to check this thing out personally, all the way up to this point in time. He could see that the Association's helicopter far below had begun descending to the ground, perhaps assessing that it was too dangerous for them now. He watched the aircraft for a little while before he got even closer to the Gate itself. Above his head, in the distance where his hand could reach, the Gate, with its maws wide open towards the ground below, floated in eerie silence. Of course, the portal's surface was still blocked off by the black screen so he couldn't see what its inside looked like.

Jin-Woo tried this and it wouldn't let him. No point of trying it out for myself ~(Brian)

It was then. The Hunter-issue smartphone, which he left on in the vibrate-only mode, suddenly began writhing around inside his pocket. The caller was from the Japanese Hunter's Association. Brian had asked them for a favour earlier, so he quickly answered the call.

"Black and yellow." He said

"Hello - what?"

"I'm a little busy right now. You're probably calling me that all the Gates have disappeared, right?"

"Y-yes! H-how did you know?"

"Have my ways. Plus, I'm American."

"W-wha?"

Brian hung up on the phone and made his descent...

"Let's get down."

Next Day

An unusual scene was playing out; the roads had become a confused mess as the citizens tried to evacuate from Seoul, while the Hunters were trying to enter the city in order to protect it. People living in the districts directly below the super-massive Gate, the ones predicted to bear the brunt of the damage, heeded the warnings issued by the Hunter's Association and the government, or even their own logical reasoning, and escaped from the city in droves.

"Hey, mom...I was just calling to see if you, Juliana, and dad were doing alright. I'm sorry for leaving without any notice, I hope you and dad understand that protecting you guys is my top priority. Right now, Korea is in a mess thanks to this gate. Who knows if I'll make it back alive or not...and uh, hope you can make my favorite sandwiches when I return..."

"Brian..."

"Gotta go, mom. I love you." Brian ended the voicemail and went to Ms. Selner "this is gonna be difficult...can you handle it?"

"Yes, mr. Parker. I'll try my best to further increase your power." Selner gets a hold of his hand and focuses on reaching that point

"Focus...do not let him know." Brian warns about his real father

Selner had bodyguards and Adam here in South Korea. Vandana specifically called for them to raise his level, thanks to a comment from years ago saying that using Selner would've raised Sung Jin-Woo by 20 or 30 levels if it weren't for Ashborn.

"He....he's here!" Selner panicked "he's pushing me back!!"

"Fight him! Don't let him stop you!" Brian encourages her to keep going

Father, leave her alone ~(Brian)

"I'm....I'm almost there!" Selner shouted

Selner is struggling to reach the final destination inside of Vandana. The darkness kept saying 'leave, leave, leave. Leave him alone!', but it didn't turn Selner back to the starting area. This is the farthest she ever reached, and will not let down the World's Strongest Hunter. The line of death is closing in...then....she unlocks more power that was kept inside of Brian.

You have Leveled Up!
You have Leveled up!

The message of Leveling up repeated 30 times, meaning it was a success. Vandana checks what's his status...

Name: Brian Vandana
Level: 163
Class: Shadow Monarch
Title: One who...(2 more)
HP: 110,740
MP: 162,430
Fatigue: 0
Stats:
Strength: 338
Constitution: 337
Agility: 346
Intelligence: 351
Sense: 337
(Available stat points: 0)
Physical Damage Reduction: 65%
Skills:
Passive Skills:
-(Unknown) (Lv. Max)
-Will to Rehabilitate (Lv. 2)
-Master of Shortsword (Lv. Max)
-Perfect Copy (Lv. 1)
-Longevity (Lv. 2)
-Perseverance (Lv. 2)
Active Skills:
-Quicksilver (Lv. Max)
-Bloodlust (Lv. Max)
-Stealth (Lv. Max)
-Mutilate (Lv. Max)
-Toxic Blood (Lv. 163)
-Dagger Rush (Lv. Max)
-Ruler's Authority (Lv. Max)
Class-specific Skills:
-Shadow Extraction (Lv. Max)
-Shadow Exchange (Lv. 2)
-Soul Punch (Lv. 2)
-Shadow Storage (Lv. 2)
-Domain of the Monarch (Lv. 2)

Yes! My health past 100,000! ~(Brian)

Of course, Brian is gonna try and recreate Sung Jin-Woo's way of Leveling up. Farming those penalty quest.

Since I know when the Gate is going open...time to level up ~(Brian)

"How do you feel, Mr. Parker?" Adam senses a different aura than 5 minutes ago

His power - no, his aura grew more dangerous than before. A different level of aura (literally).

"I feel strong as ever...you may go now. Maybe next time you see me, I'd probably be stronger." Brian replies "have a safe trip."

Next Day

Penalty is about to begin ~(Brian)

He waited and watched the clock countdown all the way to zero. Vandana stayed at his son's house while waiting. Very cozy and small. The Korean's past by Vandana as he stood there in front of a park.

"It's mr. Vandana!"

"What's he doing here?"

"Is he on a date?"

"Date? Never have I seen a Hunter went out on a date. Incredibly rare."

I can hear you ~(Brian)

"Just waiting. That's all." Brian fluently spoke korean to the citizens

00:00:03

2...1 ~(Brian)

You've failed to complete the Daily Quest. You will be
moved to the 'Penalty Zone' for a set duration.

His surroundings were empty. That same penalty quest from the class-advancement quest and from the hospital. Just a chilly air flowing through the deserted land.

"I'm back." Brian cracked a few bones in his neck, then fingers, legs, and back "where are yah Centipedes?"

Poison-fanged Giant Sand Centipede

The color was different. Been a while since he has seen this one color....a orange name. It definitely grew a little stronger. Might not be enough to level up.

"Kept you waiting? Now I'm here! Get ready for a light meal." Brian summoned Kamish Wraith "I'm a Hunter...and you....are my prey."

Let the farming...commence. For his mom, for his dad, for his precious little sister, for his best friends, and for his lovers. Vandana summoned all of his weapons and had them floating behind as they spun around.

"Let's go!" Brian used Quicksilver as a start

4 days later

The last Penalty Quest came to an end.

Status ~(Brian)

Name: Brian Vandana
Level: 201
Class: Shadow Monarch
Title: One who...(2 more)
HP: 118,986
MP: 191,779
Fatigue: 0
Stats:
Strength: 376
Constitution: 375
Agility: 384
Intelligence: 389
Sense: 375
(Available stat points: 0)
Physical Damage Reduction: 65%
Skills:
Passive Skills:
-(Unknown) (Lv. Max)
-Will to Rehabilitate (Lv. Max)
-Master of Shortsword (Lv. Max)
-Perfect Copy (Lv. 2)
-Longevity (Lv. Max)
-Perseverance (Lv. Max)
Active Skills:
-Quicksilver (Lv. Max)
-Bloodlust (Lv. Max)
-Stealth (Lv. Max)
-Mutilate (Lv. Max)
-Toxic Blood (Lv. 201)
-Dagger Rush (Lv. Max)
-Ruler's Authority (Lv. Max)
Class-specific Skills:
-Shadow Extraction (Lv. Max)
-Shadow Exchange (Lv. Max)
-Soul Punch (Lv. Max)
-Shadow Storage (Lv. Max)
-Domain of the Monarch (Lv. Max)

Vandana firmly clenched his hands and shouted at the top of his lungs...

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Level 200, baby! An surpassing level that has not been seen in the entirety of Solo Leveling, has been reached by Brian's constant hunting. Vandana's smartphone began ringing off the hook as soon as he entered the reception range. His expression hardened when he confirmed who the caller was. Could something bad have happened while he was away for a bit?

"D...dad..."

He sensed that something was definitely wrong after hearing the urgency in the kid's voice. Feeling suspicious, he quickly asked...

"Bubba, what's wrong!!??"

Atisse can be heard crying.

"It hurts, pa...it hurts!"

Petrifying rage filled in Vandana's eyes. His shadow began vibrating as the surrounding air became hot with magical energy.

"Where are you??" Brian asked

"At the hotel."

"Stat where you are!!" Brian hangs up

In the Manhwa, Jin-Woo stated it would take 5 minutes to reach the hotel with all his speed. How long would it take for Brian's current Agility stats?

2 minutes later

Brian was cutting it really close. He quickly checked Atisse's wound and breathed a sigh of relief. The Korean's wounds looked pretty serious, but thankfully, he'd be able to survive. He must've had no more energy left to even speak, as he could only quietly look up at Brian. The latter also remained silent but nodded his head as his reply. He silently thanked the boy for his courageous effort in stalling for more time. When he turned around, his ears were filled up with Garda's emotional voice.

"Hyung-nim!!"

"Good job, nice fight. Get him out of here, please."

Vandana politely asked in English, and Garda nodded her head energetically. Compared to fighting that monstrosity, this job sounded so much easier. The Korean cautiously lifted Atisse up and hurriedly distanced himself. Meanwhile, Brian shifted his gaze over to the beast raising its body up. Tangible, horrifying, murderous intent oozed from the creature. He sensed power on another realm compared to other monsters from the bastard. The beast emerged fully from the building's debris and walked leisurely over in his direction. It was sloshing something in its mouth before spitting whatever it was to the floor. They turned out to be its broken fangs. The beast glared at Brian who managed to break off several of its fangs with just a single punch and didn't even bother to disguise its surprise...

"The betrayer is alive and well. You are stronger than the last time we met...how?"

"How about letting me put my foot up your ass? That'll answer your question, right?" Vandana flips him off

But, the Q&A session could only take place after the battle was over and he had grasped the right to decide the creature’s fate. He glanced at the traces of the victims still visible here and there in the street and an ice-cold murderous rage began overflowing out of his eyes. The thin, fog-like smoke suddenly coagulated into a singular mass before morphing into a humanoid shape. It was the ancient Ice Elf. The Monarch of Frost, hiding its presence as a fog until now, had finally revealed itself. Brian realised that the fog wrapped around the city was not a natural phenomenon the moment he came in contact with it.

"Ahhh, look who decided to show up! Monarch of Frost, Monarch of Beastly Fangs, Monarch of Plagues...and me...the Shadow Monarch." The corners of Vandana's lips arched up "is it time to commence the battle?"

Name: Brian Vandana
Level: 201
Class: Shadow Monarch
Title: One who...(2 more)
HP: 118,986
MP: 191,779
Fatigue: 0
Stats:
Strength: 376
Constitution: 375
Agility: 384
Intelligence: 389
Sense: 375
(Available stat points: 0)
Physical Damage Reduction: 65%
Skills:
Passive Skills:
-(Unknown) (Lv. Max)
-Will to Rehabilitate (Lv. Max)
-Master of Shortsword (Lv. Max)
-Perfect Copy (Lv. 2)
-Longevity (Lv. Max)
-Perseverance (Lv. Max)
Active Skills:
-Quicksilver (Lv. Max)
-Bloodlust (Lv. Max)
-Stealth (Lv. Max)
-Mutilate (Lv. Max)
-Toxic Blood (Lv. 201)
-Dagger Rush (Lv. Max)
-Ruler's Authority (Lv. Max)
Class-specific Skills:
-Shadow Extraction (Lv. Max)
-Shadow Exchange (Lv. Max)
-Soul Punch (Lv. Max)
-Shadow Storage (Lv. Max)
-Domain of the Monarch (Lv. Max)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 15.6K 83
My Daily Life With A Monster Harem Jackson Walker always thought he was average. He goes to school, has a nice family, and a couple good friends. He...
17.3K 454 25
Waking up as a 6 years old who is about to be trained to become a church exorcist after taking a nap wasn't exactly how I imagined my day to go. But...
21.2K 1K 17
إن كُتِب قدر شخصين معاً فسيتقاطع طريقهما ذات يوم حتماً ليحوما حول الدنيا إذا ارادا للعثور على بعض وليختبئا للهروب من البعض وهجنا وثابتنا دكاترنا ا...
2.2K 187 63
In the ruins of the last human kingdom, Nie Li, a boy with no special powers, was about to give up hope. Just then, a magical status window appeared...