Owned by a Billionaire (Monte...

By patyeah

Cassidy Hurdiss intentionally broke the heart of the one man who has always loved her. She had to set him fre... More

Owned by a Billionaire
The Monteverde Series
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
Aaron's Vow
Special Chapter

59

456K 7.1K 283
By patyeah

Love is not just about mutual feelings, it's about something deeper. It's about trust, loyalty, and taking risks.

The elevator to Aaron's office dinged and my heart raced even more. I can't hear anything else rather than my rapid heartbeats.

Dumeretso ako sa office niya pero hinarang ako ng secretary niya. "Ma'am, I'm sorry but Mr. Monteverde is in the conference room right now."

Gumuho 'yong mundo ko.

"What time will he—" I asked while trying to mask my peevishness with politeness.She cut me off after checking Aaron's schedule before answering. "7 pm pa po."

I checked my wristwatch and saw that it was only 5:15 pm. I'd have to wait for almost two hours? Hell, no! This is urgent! Anything that concerns my love for him is urgent! I can't lose him! Not again!

I hurriedly ran to the other side of the hallway and ran to the right. This building is labyrinthine but I was able to find the conference room without breaking a sweat.

There was a guard in front of the huge double doors and I knew that I have to make a distraction to lure him away from it so I could get inside and talk to Aaron. I don't have any better ideas so I took chances.

"The girl is commiting suicide! She's gonna jump!" Turo ko sa may veranda.

It caught the attention of the employees. The guard glanced and I bolted towards the door.

Naitulak ko na 'yong pinto nang may humawak sa braso ko. May guard pala sa likod ko, damn it!

"No! I have to talk to your boss! It's important!" pagmamakaawa ko, pero balak yata akong kaladkarin ng guard at itapon sa labas dahil sa ginawa ko.

Hinila ulit ng guard 'yong braso ko. At para hindi niya ako matangay paalis ay inilusot ko ang braso ko sa double doors at ikinapit ang kamay ko sa door knob sa kabilang side.

Hila nang hila 'yong dalawang guards pero hindi ako bumibitiw kahit ang sakit na sa kamay.

"Miss! Ano ba—?"

"Aaron, help me!" desperadang sigaw ko.

I know he could hear me because the door was ajar. Hindi ko nga lang makita ang loob dahil hatak nang hatak ang dalawang ito .

"Miss! Tumigil ka nga! Ipapaban ka namin dito!" banta ng isang guard.

Lalo kong hinigpitan ang kapit ko. 'Yong isang kamay ko ay ipiniglas ko at ikinapit ko rin sa pinto. I look pathetic and desperate but who the fuck cares?

"Aaron! Can you hear me? If you can, then—aray!" Binalingan ko ang guards and told them,"Bitiwan niyo nga ako!" at balik muli kay Aaron."Kung naririnig mo, gusto kong malaman mong mahal kita—Sandali lang nga! 'Wag niyo akong hatakin!—Aaron, mahal na mahal kita and I'm sorry—Ouch!" Hindi ako makasigaw nang maayos dahil hinihila pa rin nila ako.

And at last they were successful. Napabitiw ako sa pinto at hinigit nila ako sa magkabilang braso. I thrashed and kicked but they held me tight.

"AARON CEYX MONTEVERDE, I AM FUCKING IN LOVE WITH YOU!" I shouted some more. But no Aaron came to rescue me from these two guards.

Naiiyak na 'ko pero pinigilan ko.Pumiyok na ang boses ko dahil sa sobrang kahihiyan at iba pa.

Employees were gathering and eyeing me with distaste. The two guards dragged me towards the elevator. Ipapasok na sana nila ako sa loob nang makarinig kami ng isang malamig na boses.

"I'll take it from here. Leave us," sabi ni Aaron sa dalawang guards.

Naghuramentado ang puso ko sa kaba. I looked up and saw his face. Nagka-eyebags siya. He looks stressed. He grew stubbles. He didn't look at me and his eyes were trained on the two guards who were still holding me.

"Pero, sir, kasi nanggugulo siya ka—"

"I said leave!" His voice boomed on the entire hallway.

Takot na binitiwan ako ng dalawang guards. Hinigit naman ako ni Aaron at nagmamadaling naglakad palayo. I can feel his anger. He is fuming right now and I wanted to cower. Nag-type siya sa LED panel ng password ng office. At nang sumara ang office doors ay marahas niyang binitiwan ang kamay ko.

"What the fucking hell was that all about,?" galit na sigaw niya.

Napaurong ako. I wasn't expecting the amount of anger I saw in his eyes. "I said I love you," mahina at nakayuko kong saad.

Napapalatak siya bigla. "I wasn't deaf, Cassidy. And the investors weren't deaf too. They heard everything! I was in a meeting! I would've closed the deal if... if only you didn't show up and pulled that kind of stunt," puno ng iritasyon pa rin niyang sagot.

Nanliit ako. I wanted to shrink and disappear but it's too late to back out now.

"I love you and I'm sorry that I gave you up. Sorry kasi binitiwan kita agad nang ganoon na lang. Akala ko kasi 'yon 'yong tama. I thought it will be better if I just let go of you. There was a massive wall between us and ever since, you've always exerted effort to climb it so you could reach me. Ako palagi 'yong lumalayo. I built walls after walls after walls. I was scared and confused and I didn't know what to do. Instead of holding on to you, I pushed you away."

I heard his heavy breathing and it kind of bothered me that he wasn't saying anything at all.

"Ang dami na nating pinagdaanan. We hurt each other. We're good at that, aren't we? Pero 'diba kahit naman ilang beses tayong masaktan, babalik parin tayo sa isa't isa? I remember you saying it once and I will say it again. There will always be one thing that would always remain constant. Our love. Do you remember saying that? Because I do. And now, I'm willing to fight for you, too."

Humalukipkip siya habang seryosong nakatingin . Habang ako parang tangang naluluha na naman. Ang iyakin ko rin talaga, nakakainis.

"You don't have to fight for both of us anymore. We can fight together now. You don't have to fight dragons and cross oceans alone. I'll do it with you. We're gonna do it together. And that's because I'm so deeply, stupidly, and painfully in love with you, Aaron Monteverde. And nothing can ever come between us now. I promise, this time there's no more giving up. No more letting go."

His expression was unreadable. Nakapamulsa lang siya habang nakapako ang mga mata .

Napapikit ako nang mariin. "Please, say something. Anything."

Hindi parin siya sumagot. His silence is tearing me apart. Nangangatog na 'yong tuhod ko.

"Mahal na mahal kita. Okay lang  kahit hindi mo 'ko tanggapin ngayon kasi alam kong nasaktan kita. I know it's not that easy to forgive because—"

"Well, damn it." napamura siya bigla.

I looked at him, confused.

Tiningnan niya ako sa mata. "Who the hell am I kidding? I am in love with you too, Cassidy. I don't care if I close that damn deal or not. What matters is that you're here now. In front of me," he said suddenly. He reached for me and cupped my face. He wiped my tears before kissing me passionately.

My heart drummed and I was almost losing my grip on sanity. I don't know how his kiss can do this to me. Napapikit ako at napayakap sa batok niya. I pulled him closer and he kissed me with more fervor that the sensation drowns me.

Nang bumitiw siya ay kinulong niya ako sa mahigpit na yakap niya. I hugged him back. The familiarity of the feeling of being trapped in his arms is so intoxicating.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you that night, chief. Aaminin ko sobra akong nasaktan. Akala ko kasi no'ng oras na 'yon handa ka nang lumaban para sa 'tin, e. Akala ko okay na tayo. Sorry too, for not trying to understand your situation. I thought it was really the end of us. I didn't contact you after that because I was scared that I might pester you. Natakot akong baka lalo mo akong palayuin sa 'yo kapag kinulit kita. Ten days without you was like hell! It was pure suffering. I couldn't eat or sleep properly. I can't do anything properly."

"Everything's okay now, right? It will be different this time..." halos namamaos kong tanong.

Unti-unti siyang ngumiti  at tumango. Pero naglaho rin agad ang ngiti niya. His expression morphed into a worried one.

"But what about Drei?" nag-aalangan niyang tanong.

"We have Drei to thank for this. He opened up my mind. He set me free, Aaron," naiiyak kong sambit.

Tila hindi siya makapaniwala, his mouth was slightly hanging open.

"We should thank him after this. But first, I need an assurance that you won't ever leave me again," makahulugang saad niya.

Nagkunot-noo ako nang lumayo siya. He headed towards his table and opened a drawer. When I saw him take out a small square box, I teared up. I knew what was about to happen.

He knelt in front of me, the traditional kind of way. Nangingilid na talaga ang luha ko wala pa man siyang sinasabi. He looks dashing to me.

"Cassidy Margaux Hurdiss, I know we've just made up and I'm probably too fast, but I've been in love with you for such a long time now. Our relationship may have its ups and downs but I want you to know that I will never get tired of loving you. We've weathered many trials along the way and I know that life as a married couple won't be easy, but know that whatever happens I will never give up on you. Or leave your side. I may not be the most suitable man for you but I'm trying my best to improve so that I would be worthy of your love. I know that we've hurt each other for countless of times already but you're right, chief. One thing would always remain constant. And that's our love for each other."

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to give you a surprise proposal just like what you see in movies. But I promise you that if you say yes, then I will surprise you every single day of the year until we grow old. I promise to love you unconditionally, deeply, stupidly. I would tolerate all your whims, no matter how silly it may get. I don't care if you throw tantrums at me when you're on your period. I won't mind if you raise your eyebrow at me or roll your eyes when you're pissed off..."

The ring was sparkling under the lights of his office. Ang labo na ng paningin ko dahil sa luha. Damn this stupid guy in front of me. Damn him for making me fall for him this hard.

"Oh, damn!" Naiiyak na pinalo ko ang balikat niya.

He gave me a nervous smile."Please, chief. Be my wife."

It wasn't even a question. It was almost a request. But what the fuck? I love him, and I won't let anyone come between us again.

"Yes, Aaron. I wanna be your wife," mahina kong bulong.

Nanlaki 'yong mga mata niya at sinugod agad ako ng yakap. He was grinning like crazy. He kept on shouting. Nang medyo huminahon siya ay siniil niya ako ng mabilis na halik bago isinuot  ang singsing.

"God, thank you!" tuwang sigaw niya bago ako niyakap ulit.

I wrapped my arms around him too. It felt perfect and undeniably right. This is where I belong. In his arms.

Masuyong hinalikan ni Aaron ang ulo ko. "Uuwi si Dad dito sa Pilipinas. He said he's excited to finally meet you and his three grandchildren."

Biglang nagkunot ang noo ko. Bahagya ko siyang tinulak at tiningnan nang may halong pagtataka.

"Three grandchildren? Hoy, Aaron, dalawa lang ang anak natin!"

Kumunot ang noo niya. "Dalawa lang?"

"Oo," pagsakay ko naman.

He then smirked at me. "Paano ba yan, nasabi ko na kay Dad na tatlo ang apo niya. We should do something about that, don't you think?"

He winked seductively before bridging the gap between us. Napalunok ako. Oh, shit.

Unti-unti niyang hinubad ang coat niya at bumagsak ito sa sahig.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 111K 43
AEGGIS Series #2 - Athan Falcon AEGGIS' Lead Guitarist First sight. First smile. First song. First kiss. First night. All of your firsts come only...
4M 88K 58
Evangeline Yu went back to the Philippines only to find out that her house was sold, her sister had ran away with her money and her mother was in com...
7.5M 211K 46
Rogue Saavedra, the arrogant city's young billionaire, becomes stranded on an unknown island. There he meets an illiterate jungle woman, Jane, who is...
449K 1.3K 3
A writer who had the chance to meet his portrayer and fell in love with him. -- Start: March 6, 2022 End: November 30, 2022