Rose Petals (Discontinued)

By littlenerdrosey

"Why? What's the problem? I thought you didn't love her anymore," Klaus grips Rosalie's hair. She winces and... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
PLEASE READ

Chapter Seventy-Nine

435 8 0
By littlenerdrosey

Season Four: Into the Wild

The waves crash against the rocky shore line of the island. Rosalie shivers with the crisp wind hitting her face. Shane specifically addressed the dress code they should wear. It can get pretty cold here. Damon hands the brunette her backpack and lifts his own over his shoulder.

She hears a loud thud behind her and sees Elena on the ground with Rebekah hovering over her with a smile. Rosalie sighs and looks over at the raven haired man. He shrugs.

"Stefan's fault for inviting Barbie here" Damon grumbles. Rosalie shoves him playfully. He grins at her.

Elena walks over to her bag and shoves the white oak stake into it. She quickly twists the bag around to her bag .

"Looks like someone forgot her team-building exercises" Damon teases the doppelganger.

"I'm not apologizing for not wanting her here" Elena growls. Rosalie smiles sympathetically.

"We just need to get the cure and then boom! This is all over" Rosalie gives her a thumbs up. She chortles.

"You're right. I'll have to deal with her a few more days and then we'll find the cure and I'll never have to deal with her again" Elena takes a deep breath. "I feel a little better" Rosalie giggles.

"Good" She responds.

"I'm going to go talk to Jeremy" Elena excuses herself from the conversation

"Human Rebekah. Can't imagine her without fangs" Rosalie stares at Damon.

"You know, you've never talked about what you want to do with the cure, once we find it" Damon gapes at her.

Her cheeks and the tip of nose is a light red from the cold. The black beanie hangs loosely on her head. Rosalie's large hazel eyes sprinkle as she stares into Damon's. Her long brown hair is pin straight instead of having its usual wave. Her light brown freckles dance across her nose bridge. She's gorgeous. He blinks and looks away from her.

"I don't like to speculate" Rosalie frowns slightly.

***

The large group consisting of: Rosalie, Damon, Bonnie, Shane, Stefan Jeremy, and Rebekah all follow Shane up the mountain path. This place is beautiful with shimmering blue lagoons and the high grey rocks with scattered green trees lining the shores of the lagoon.

Shane raises his phone up to the sky, but it just beeps repeatedly at him, signaling that he has no reception. He sighs and stuff the useless phone into his pocket.

"Satellite phone lost its signal" Shane announces.

"Well, that's a good sign" Damon rolls his blue eyes. Rosalie quickly scoffs at the agravited Salvatore. She walks in between Stefan and Damon with Shane in front of her and the of the group behind.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asks; paranoia setting in. Rosalie nods.

"Just a little" She mumbles.

"So then leave. Out of everyone, your presences is the least necessary" Rebekah growls at the girls.

"Please don't start" Stefan groans.

"I'm merely stating facts. Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie's the witch that unseals the cure. Shane is the human compass. You and I have the tombstone, which does god knows what. And Elena and Rosalie have no point" Rosalie bites her cheek.

Damon pauses. "What about me?" He questions.

"You have a nice behind" Rosalie smiles a little bit. Damon shrugs happily and nods. Stefan lets out a small laugh. Elena crosses her arms and purses her lips.

***

It's now dark, they had been walking for awhile now. They lost track of the time. They were relying on Shane for the way so time doesn't matter much.

"Centuries after Qetsiyah died, there were these miners who were excavating a well on the island. Suddenly went mad. Bled themselves dry. No apparent reason. So, the legend spread that these miners, in exchange for a drop of their blood, saw visions of their lost loved ones in the well they were digging" Shane tells some history.

"That's not terrifying" Rosalie mutters. Stefan smirks.

"The word traveled and explorers sought out the well to see if the legend was true" He finishes.

"So, the well was magic?" Bonnie pops into the front of the crowd.

"Yeah. Some people believe the voices of lost souls were just a wind vortex whipping through caves and visions were caused by inhaling the island's poisonous plant life" Rosalie looks up at Damon. He bites his tongue.

"And what do you believe?" Elena asks.

"I believe in magic. My wife and my son died within months of each other, and so...I decided to try the well out for myself. I offered up my blood and I waited. I heard a voice call out to me. It sounded exactly like her in the well. So, I went down there to see for myself what was down there. The voices got more and more loud and I tried to go back up back something happened with the rope and I fell. The breath got knocked out of me, when I looked up, I saw her. I saw my wife. I saw her eyes. Her smile. My blood let me see her again" Shane breathes.

Damon nudges Rosalie. He leans down. "Don't eat the poisonous flowers" Rosalie rolls her eyes and scoffs. She moves on ahead of the stopped group. The rest of them follow her as Shane catches up to be in the front again.

They hardly move forward when Shane flashes his light on something and his eyes widen.

"Wait, stop! Stop!" Shane shouts. The entire group freezes. Stefan puts his arm out in front of Rosalie. Rebekah rolls her eyes.

"Is everybody paying attention?" Shane moves forward in the group and kneels down. "Our first lesson in survival" He takes a large rock and tosses it.

A net contracts together and yanks up to the tree branch its attached on. Rosalie gasps.

"Stay together. Keep your eyes open" Shane orders. The group nods.

The group begins walking again, but Jeremy lags behind. Rosalie notices and sticks to him.

"Ugh, I need water" Rosalie digs into her bag and brings out a tall yellow metal bottle.

"Here, have some of mine. I have an extra one in my bag" Jeremy chuckles.

"What a mom" She giggles.

"I'm always prepared" They smile at each other. He twists the lid off and allows it dangle by the plastic string. He goes to take a sip when he sees something in the corner of his eye.

He looks to his left to see a man with a bow and arrow aiming at Rosalie. He drops the water bottle on the ground and grabs Rosalie by her waist.

"Watch out!" He shouts. He twirls her away from the man and hides behind a tree. She squeals and clutches his chest. They hear a thunk and the man drops to the ground. The duo come out from the tree to see the man had a hammer-like knife in the back of his head. Rosalie covers her mouth.

"Looks like someone was watching out for us" Rosalie gulps.

***

The group comes to an opening where a cabin house is. Stefan grimaces at the suspicious area.

"What is this place?" He asks.

"According to Island Lore, a group of college kids came here for spring break. A few weeks later, they were all found dead, completely drained of blood" Rosalie takes a deep breath.

"Well, tragic for them, brilliant for us" Rebekah smiles. "Who sleeps where?"

"Well, that's lovely. There's a mysterious man with a hatchet lurking in the woods and we're just gonna camp?" Damon stands beside Rosalie subconsciously.

"We're safer here than we are hiking in the dark" Shane points out.

"Let's just keeping going. You know? Get the cure. Get in, get out. Where is it?" Damon whispers.

"How stupid do you think I am?" Shane hisses.

"Stupid enough to raise an immortal witch, so I'd say...incredibly" Rosalie sighs.

"Can we not? Let's continue looking in the morning. I don't want to feel anymore vulnerable than I do now with this creepy island" Shane bites his cheek. He walks away from the vampire and over to the group. Rosalie happily loops her arm through Damon's.

"Come on, I want a good spot to sleep" Damon smiles down at her.

***

Rosalie takes a seat on the log beside Rebekah. Rebekah glances at her and then back at the fire. At least she wasn't making an disgusted faces at Rosalie. That's all she's been getting ever since she thought Rosalie betrayed her when Elena stabbed Rebekah in the back before the dance. Rebekah sighs.

"There's eight of us and no one thought to bring s'mores" Rebekah hardly smiles. Rosalie grins.

"Considering that only four of us are the only one who eat human food, I don't the others are enthusiastic about camp activities" Rebekah chortles. She frowns.

"For this trip alone, I'll be nice from now on. I'll forget about what happened to Kol, only now. It doesn't mean I'll not hold a judge against you after this though" Rebekah plays with her nails. "I know you weren't really in on the trap. Elena wanted him dead because he was trying to kill Jeremy" Rosalie bites her lip.

"I'm sorry that it happened. I think daggering him would've been the better situation" Rebekah snorts and puts on a smile.

"You sound like Nik" Rosalie giggles.

An animal howls in the distance and both Rebekah and Rosalie cling to each other nervously. They clutch each other's arms.

"Did you hear that?" Rebekah whispers. Rosalie nods.

Rosalie and Rebekah look at their arms and then back at each other. Slowly, smiles form on their faces as laughter escapes their lips as they lean on each other.

"I know, coming from an original vampire. I'm actually a scaredy cat" Rosalie giggles and throws her head back.

"It's okay, your secret is safe with me" Rebekah grins.

***

"Jeremy!" Rosalie shouts. Damon follows quickly behind her. This morning when they woke up, they discovered that Jeremy was missing.

"Did you find anything?" Elena asks once they bump into each other.

"No, he's not on the trail" Damon frowns. Rosalie hugs herself.

"It had to be that person from before" She mumbles. Shane goes into his tent and picks up his backpack.

"His gear's still here" Shane grumbles. Stefan and Rebekah return to camp together with frowns.

"He's not at the Quarry, either" Stefan announces. Rosalie looks down at the ground.

"Split up" Damon looks around for where he'd check.

"I'm gonna stay and try a locator spell" Bonnie heads over to Jeremy's tent.

"Okay, I'll stay here. I'll make sure she's safe" Shane joins. Damon grimaces.

"I'll stay here and make sure you're not lying" Damon glares at the curly haired professor. Rosalie looks at Elena. Elena glares at Rebekah.

"Fine. We'll keep searching the island" Elena grumbles. She wants nothing to do with the original. Rosalie walks over to her boyfriend and intertwines their fingers. Stefan smiles and pecks the side of her head. Rebekah scoffs.

"Enough love birds" Rebekah and Elena walk on ahead of them.

***

"Jeremy!" Rosalie voice echos. She sighs. They still haven't found him and they've been walking for twenty minutes.

"Jeremy!" Elena shouts. Rebekah rolls her eyes.

"Why don't you yell louder? Maybe we haven't drawn enough attention to ourselves" Rebekah criticizes. Elena huffs.

"I'm sorry, and how are you helping?" Her voice drips with venom.

"I'm stronger than you, and faster than you and I'm quite certain I can charm the islanders a lot easier than you, thank you" Stefan sighs in annoyance. Rosalie smiles up at him and squeezes his hand.

"Not disagreeing on the easy part" Elena smirks. Stefan stops.

"Alright, we get it. You two hate each other. Can we just keep going, please?" Stefan scolds the two of them. Rebekah frowns.

"I tried being her friend, but somehow, I ended up with a dagger in my back because I'm the evil one" Rebekah crosses her arms. Rosalie sighs and releases her boyfriend's hand and walks on.

"Technically you didn't achieve evil until you killed me" Elena grumbles.

"Can we please focus on Jeremy? He could seriously--" Rosalie's ankle tugs on string close to the ground. Rebekah uses the vampire speed to prevent a large wooden pool with stakes attached to the inside of it from impaling the Phoenix. Rosalie gasps and stumbles back.

"Nice catch" Stefan immediately goes to Rosalie's side to check on her.

"Thank you" Rebekah smirks. Rosalie takes a deep breath and focuses on the blonde.

"Thank you, Rebekah" Rosalie murmurs nervously. She felt goosebumps appear on her arms. "Um, I'm going to check on Bonnie, see if she might've found him. Be careful" Rosalie dismisses herself. Stefan watches with furrowed brows as her figure quickly disappears among the trees.

"I think Kol stabbing her has her freaked out" Elena sighs, rubbing her face.

"Well hopefully the next person to be stabbed is you" Rebekah childishly grins. Stefan groans and moves along.

***

Once Rosalie finally made it back, it was already dark out. The crickets sing together in the grass as the night grew colder. Rosalie hugs her small body as she peeks around the campsite. Bonnie wasn't there anymore. Rosalie scrunches her eyebrows together and continues to walk along.

She heard people talking - Damon and Shane talking. It sounded like Shane was struggling with his words. There's a soft light imitating from the shed Shane was storing his things in. Rosalie silently shuffles over to it to see what was going on.

"Right. Because if I'm not here, then I can't get in between you and whatever you're planning with Silas," Damon taunts. "Well, I'm not that easily manipulated, Professor" Damon leans down next Shane's left ear.

Rosalie peeks into the doorway to see Damon hovering over Shane's back as Shane sits anxiously in the chair. His breathing is heavy and it seemed like he's in pain.

"And there is one flaw in your logic. I don't give a crap about Bonnie Bennett" Damon smirks. He quickly stands straight up and grips the sides of Shane's head. He groans in pain and clutches onto the chair.

Rosalie's eyes widen and she hurriedly runs into the room and shoves Damon away from him. Damon stumbles back and Rosalie stands in front of him to block the teacher.

"What are you doing, Damon?" Rosalie nearly shouts. Damon huffs and stares down at her. He nonchalantly exits the shed, leaving the two alone.

Rosalie turns around to face Shane; her face showing worry. She kneels down beside and caresses his face gently. Clearly Damon was doing his Damon antics to get Shane to spill whatever he knows about Silas and the cure. She leans over to the side and grabs one of his t-shirts off the ground and gently dabs his face with it. Rosalie wipes his chin of the slowly drying blood.

"There's a knife in my pocket" Shane pants. Rosalie nods and reaches into his right coat pocket and pulls out a pocket knife. She flicks it open and saws off the ropes binding his chest to the chair. She then moves to wrists and then the rope around his legs.

"Are you alright?" She asks kindly. Shane nods. "Whatever you're saying to Damon to get him worked up, please stop. If I weren't here, he would've killed you" She murmurs.

Rosalie gets up off the dirty floor and exits the room. Shane rubs his wrist and grins to himself. Rosalie spots Damon waiting outside from a distance with crossed arms.

"Damon, what are you thinking? He's keeping Bonnie safe--and how could say you don't care about Bonnie? She's helped us so much. Why do you want her to hate you?" She frowns at the dark-haired male. Damon spins around with sad eyes, but is putting up a barrier.

"I don't care, Rosalie. I don't care about her. I don't care about some lame ass cure for vampires, either" Damon scrunches his eyebrows together. Rosalie's lips part.

"How could you say that?" She whispers. "What about Elena? Or Rebekah? They want this. Why can't you be happy for them?" Damon stares down at the thoughtful girl in front of him.

"Because I don't want to focus on them. I don't exactly like them either" Damon raises his voice.

"Damon, I'm not discussing this with you anymore. We're getting the cure. After we get it, we don't have to worry about it anymore" Rosalie pauses. "At least care for me. Care about them momentarily while we're here" Damon gulps. "Please" She whispers desperately.

Damon turns to walk away from her but she grabs his arm. "Don't walk away from me, Damon" Damon wiggles out of her grip and saunters off. Rosalie sighs and turns around to go find Bonnie.

She jogs over to the white tent and whips the stained curtain away from her. Only there was no one there when she entered the tent. Rosalie gulps.

"Bonnie?" She shouts. There doesn't seem to be anything missing.

Rosalie shakes her head at the thought they popped into her brain. Trusting her gut, she runs into shed where she left the professor. Instead, was a empty chair with none of Shane's things surrounding it. Rosalie shakes her head.

"No, no, no" Rosalie escapes the room and runs out of it just as Rebekah, Elena and Stefan arrive. Stefan instantly noticed her panicked mood.

"What's wrong?" He speed walks over to the brunette.

"Bonnie and Shane are gone. Shane's things are all gone. Damon ran off somewhere, I don't know what--" Rebekah's eye widen.

"Oh, my god" The blonde gasps. She disappears over to the her bag and picks up. "The tombstone's gone" Rebekah pants. Rosalie shakes her head.

"Maybe it's in the tent" Rosalie runs off to white tent, but Rebekah beats her to it. She rummages through the bags to find it. Rebekah knew it wasn't there, it stands out like a sore thumb. Rosalie comes into the tent, witnessing the original vampire grow angrier and angrier.

"Where is it!?" She shouts to herself.

"Rebekah..." Rosalie whispers sympathetically. Rebekah launches off the ground and at Rosalie; wrapping her pale fingers around her thin throat. Rosalie gasps for air and grabs Rebekah's wrist with both hands.

"Where's the tombstone?" Rebekah demands. Rosalie grunts in pain. "What have you done with it?" She yells.

"Re--be--"

"Where is it!? All you people ever do is betray me and here you go again!" Stefan storms into the tent and shove Rebekah away from his girlfriend. Rosalie gasps and lets out a couple coughs. Stefan rubs her back.

"She didn't take it" Stefan guards her.

"Was any of this real?" Rebekah's voice trembles as she glares at the two of them. "Was it just a ploy to distract me while Shane ran off with the tombstone?" Rebekah shouts.

"You think I would do that?" Stefan asks. "You think I would let some psychopath run off with the cure? Every single moment of my last 146 years has been ruled by the pain of being a vampire" Rosalie gazes up at her boyfriend in shock. "And this cure ends that" He wants to take the cure? "It ends the guilt, and it ends the suffering and you really think I would jeopardize that?" Stefan defends. Rebekah takes a weak deep breath.

"Fine, you didn't take it, but that doesn't mean I trust her, or Elena" She growls. Rosalie gulps. Elena huffs and hults her eavesdropping and comes into the tent. She goes for sleeping bag and pulls it up, revealing the white oak stake. She hands it to the blonde.

"I didn't take it, but here. Consider this a peace offering" Elena holds it out for her to take.

"Don't you get it, Elena? There is no peace. We're all screwed!" Rebekah cries.

"Exactly, Rebekah. We're screwed. Bonnie's gone. Shane's got the tombstone. Jeremy's missing, who knows if Damon's coming back. So, us four right here, is all we got. So, we're either in this together...or it's over for all of us" Elena preaches. Rosalie's in shock from not only Stefan, but Elena's words.

Elena holds out the white oak stake again to Rebekah. Rebekah snatches it away from her in annoyance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 0 2
Maria has a difficult life as it is, before vampires and hybrids and all things that were in story books and not in real life. Or so she thought. He...
4.4K 35 33
Klaus shot his arm inside of Natalie's chest and gripped onto her heart. She just looked at him with fear in her eyes. "You Natalie are the only pe...
2.6K 185 19
There's finally peace with the Mikaelsons but in a world with original vampires there's never really peace for long and once again the ancestors will...
182K 3.8K 53
Highest ranking #197 in Fanfiction out of 163K, #97 out of 17K in Vampire, #1 out of 1.9K in Delena, #1 out of 6.33K in Klausmikaelson, #3 in St...