EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 47

3.7K 149 28
By Neo_Chieri

Why the hell am I doing this to myself?

This question popped up in my head several times, the sound of my growling stomach answering it.

With my head low and the frustration slowly building up in me, I walked over to one of the tables and put my tray down before sluggishly falling into the empty chair.
I was actually still quite tired and the aftereffects of my sleep deprivation felt like a torturing hangover... unfortunately it didn't seem to disappear any time soon.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a figure moving, passing me and nonchalantly taking a seat right in front of me. Silently I tried not to make any eye contact with him and instead bit off the food he'd just bought with me a minute ago.

"Well," Donghyuck started the conversation and I rolled my eyes in my mind. "Why the sleep deprivation."

"Let's not talk about it."

I still didn't look at him and just poked around in my breakfast with pointed lips. Although the atmosphere between us was a bit uncomfortable, I had to admit that it could have been worse.

Apart from the fact that we were the only people in the canteen, even the lunch ladies nowhere to be found, the tension between us could have been more intense.
Although... shouldn't it actually be worse?

Compared to my usual behaving a situation like this should've been impossible, but here I am. Having breakfast with my actual opponent.

"Do you always have to be so snappy?" he snickered to himself and I knew without looking that he was grinning at me amused.

"Must you always grin like an idiot?"

My tone was clearly annoyed and through the silence of my counterpart I could assume that I had hit the nail on the head. There was a offended hissing sound and I finally gazed up at the brunette who had been playing with me and my feelings since day one.

The older replied shortly afterwards, leaning back against his own chair, "I'm just having fun."

"Ts", I chuckled with an ironic tone, glaring at him with squinting eyes, "can you even take anything seriously?"

Not a second later, I shifted my gaze away from him again, starting to poke my own food once more. I must have frustrated Donghyuck quite a bit and watched for a brief moment exhaling irritatedly.
He probably didn't expect me to be this moody, especially after our small moment in the changing room, but I had to admit, neither did I.

"If you want to act serious, go ahead. Two can play this game."

Shortly afterwards I noticed how the boy now gradually straightened up and bent forward towards me. His arms resting on the table besides his tray as he suddenly transformed the whole aura around him.

"Tell me", I demanded without hesitation, his cheerful mood from before completely blown away.

As I sighed and looked up a second time, I expected an intimidating and threatening expression, which he would probably use in order to get some information, but I didn't. It was a rather strange expression that haven't seen on his face like that before.

Even though not a single muscle in his face moved and the boy in front of me tried to look cold and emotionless, his own eyes somehow betrayed him, giving me a little insight into reality.
Those chocolate brown eyes sparked full of concern, cracking his serious facade like the shell of an egg, whether he wanted it or not.

"I am a masochist who loves to torture herself", lied straight up to his face and showed him an obvious fake smile.

"Well, if you don't want to talk about it," he clicked his tongue and bit off his own food, knowing he had no chance of getting the truth.

"Another question, why the boxing club?"

For a short moment I stared at him, clearly surprised by his unexpected question. After the several encounters I have had with him, I somhow forgot... maybe even represst that he was one of the reasons why my club came into being in the first place.
I still remember the day I finally got permission for it.  I had been overflowing with energy and confidence, but at the same time revenge had lingered in the back of my subconscious.

After what felt like an eternity, slowly but surely the feeling of hate began to return. The last few weeks I had really hated this feeling, but now it was a thousand times better than starting to befriend any of those guys. I could not forgive them for what they had done in the past.

I just couldn't...

"Because of you", I finally answered his question and put the fork in my had aside, watching as the light from behind me illuminated his honey-like skin.

I was barely able no notice it, but for quick a second a surprised look flashed across his face darkening the atmosphere between the two of us.

"Because of all of you," I continued, leaning my head slightly to one side and continuing to stare at him coolly.

Although I could feel the hatred and rage gradually building up inside me, I was not able to express any of my feelings. Instead, I gave him an indefinable, intense expression.

"Because of gangs like NCT and SVT who think their own lifes matter more than someone else's. Week after week you spread fear and horror and with your damn gang rivalries you make sure that the majority of the city no longer feels safe.
It shouldn't be surprising that some of us actually want to learn how to defend themselves."

I inhaled furiously but satisfied as I finally put the cards on the table and told him about my own thoughts. The people were afraid of them and if they didn't already, the boys themselves made sure that you were put in your right place of hierarchy.

"You're all delusional self-centered idiots who care about nothing but power."

As if I had pressed a button in the head of my counterpart, the worried expression in his eyes disappeared in an instance and instead reflected the coldness of my own. It was strange, but also fascinating how his happy and amused attitude of this morning had vanished to it's last bit.

Did he expect me to change my hostility towards him in only a day? Over my dead body.

"So that's what you call self-defense," he laughed openly annoyed and provoked now, unable to prevent a disappointed undertone from leaving his soft lips.

"I had to save your fucking ass twice. By now I doubt that you could even stand up to a freshman."

Outraged, I pushed the tray in front of me to the side, hearing it slide a bit further while the metallic sound of the cutterly echoed through the entire canteen. My eyes immediately narrowed as I bent myself over the table, trying to contain my inner rising flames.

I gritted my teeth hard, the feeling of rage rushing through my body and leaving the usual tingling sensation. "If I wanted to, I could knock you out right here and now."

Donghyuck was not impressed by my sudden threat and came closer to me as well. The boy now stood up from his seat, pushing his tray aside as well and pressing his own hands on the table before smugly looking down at me.

"Prove it."

Before I knew it, I had already jumped up from my seat and was now immitating the posture of the older brunette in front of me, our faces gradually coming closer.
I tried to ignore my still aching limbs and the lack of energy in my body, only focussing on my racing heartbeat caused by my typical temper.

"Is this a challenge?"

"Since I know I'm going to win, not really."

No sooner had the boy finished speaking than my hand rushed forward, grabbing the collar of his top without hesitating for even a split second. Shortly afterwards I tore him in my direction until our faces were only a few inches apart and I could feel his warm and calm breath on the tip of my nose.

My heart, however, was beating threateningly fast against my own chest and the almost desinterested and unbothered look of the student made me even angrier.

"Say that again," I provocatively raised a bwo at him, eyes sparkling with rage.

I expected Donghyuck to say something, but he didn't. Instead I just watched as his eyes slowly moved across my face, finding their way to my lips a moment later. His calm expression immediately faded to his well-known amused grin while he hungrily licked his own lips.

"You have just the right madness to make you interesting, do you know that, sunshine?"

Utterly caught off guard by his comment, my mouth fell open to say something, but not a single word was able to leave my lips.
I could rather feel my own heartbeat pulsating throughout my whole body while I unconsciously started to hold my breath.

Even before I could come to my senses, the boy in front of me suddenly moved and I watched him lean closer to me without further ado. Completely paralyzed, I opened my eyes when I realized that he was doing his second attempt in kissing me.

Donghyuck's lips were now threateningly close to mine, but before they could actually meet, the school bell rang to my rescue and tore both of us out of the moment.
I instantly took advantage of the unexpected puzzlement and automatically turned around before sprinting out of the room in a flash.

Was I really just about to let that damn kiss happen? What the fuck is wrong with me?!

Completely thoughtless, I walked through the many corridors of the school, making my way through the crowd while not knowing were I was heading to.
A faint tint of pink graced my cheeks as my heart and my breath raced synchronously and I desperately tried to forget the last few minutes.
It didn't work though, only my body distancing from the place of the event.

Fuck you, Lee Donghyuck.

Sorry guyyyss, can't let this kiss happen yet 🙈 especially not in school lol
There's a better time so just bare with me😔✊🏼

Also, stream Helicopter🤧

Onto the next chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 15.1K 33
"i can literally suck all your blood and kill you right here right now." "do it pussy. no balls." a/n: i kinda hate this story too !SOME MATURE CONTE...
128K 4.5K 13
! Adult contents ! If your mind has already been corrupted and perverted, then you can read. Otherwise go read others stories, this shit isn't for yo...
2.2K 117 47
ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ | ɴᴀ ᴊᴀᴇᴍɪɴ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ❝Sometimes I wonder how you're the same person.❞ ❝Why? And am I on your mind that much?❞ The NCT DREAM boys had amazing...
78.9K 2.3K 51
secrets spread around like wild fire. who's the liar? na jaemin fanfiction mafia/gang au