Let Me Chase You (Completed)

anazianblonde által

Wang Yibo is a celebrity known for his dancing skills and involvement in the motorcycle racing world. Xiao Zh... Több

Chapter 1: Comatose
Chapter 2: I'm Your Doctor
Chapter 3: A Little Attraction
Chapter 4: F4
Chapter 5: The Fear of Loving
Chapter 6: The First Separation
Chapter 7: The First Text Message
Chapter 8: The People Around YiZhan
Chapter 9: Cheng Xiao's Suspicion
Chapter10: Check-up...or Reunion?
Chapter 11: Family Dinner
Chapter 12: "Thank You Dinner"...Date
Chapter 13: Investigation Part I - Who is He/She
Chapter 14: Part II Investigation: Who is He/She
Chapter 15: Breaking the Ice
Chapter 16: Let the Chase Begin!
Chapter 17: Home-cooked Meal
Chapter 18: School Festival - Part I
Chapter 19: School Festival - Part II
Chapter 20: School Festival - Part III
Chapter 21: School Festival Part IV
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: The Parents
Chapter 24: Different Worlds
Chapter 25: Unspoken Words
Chapter 26: The Final Push
Chapter 27: This Can't Happen Again
Chapter 28: Anger
Chapter 29: Just a Coward
Chapter 31: Contemplation
Chapter 32: Ski Resort
Chapter 33: Hi
Chapter 34: I Caught You
An Author's Reflection

Chapter 30: Spoiled by People Who Loves You

6.8K 504 74
anazianblonde által

Seasons may change, but people don't.

A poetic phrase that is often used in literature and music pieces to pull on the heart-strings, providing hope and comfort. In reality, the thing that doesn't change in humans is bad habits. Even when you know it's not beneficial, it is detrimental; humans are fools who continue to repeat the action until it becomes a part of their existence.

What does constantly change is the ability to adapt and alter ourselves to be better people. That can change faster than the seasons and that was what terrified Yibo the most.

What if.

What if Xiao Zhan's disconnection from Yibo was the better decision.

Yibo hated this possessive side of him in which he rather has Xiao Zhan kept his bad habit that was Wang Yibo and stayed by his side forever. He doesn't want Xiao Zhan to make the "proper" choice and leave him behind.

Yibo can count the few rash decisions that he has made in life on one hand. Walking out of Xiao Zhan's apartment would be on the top of the list. Barely a week later, Yibo was about to make another.

The race that Yibo told Xiao Zhan about wasn't a trivial event. It was a preliminary round to determine who will represent Beijing to fight amongst other cities in China and then the world. There was high expectation that Wang Yibo will claim one of the spots and Yibo was confident to obtain that seat. The problem was that his heart was not in the right place.

Instead of waking up to the excitement of the competition, imagining himself on the race track during the drive to the stadium, or feeling perspiration on his palms as he pulled his tracksuit on; Yibo was only hearing, seeing, and feeling the presence of another human that was about to fly to a far, far place. Yibo understood well that if he walked away now, he was letting go of his seat for the whole year. In the past, that would have been an abysmal thought. Right now, it didn't even matter.

As much as he loved the adrenaline the competition gave him, he'll trade it all for a moment with Xiao Zhan. This wasn't some romantic spiel, it was a well-thought-out declaration. Even if he gave up the sport, he can always speed down the road on his bike because that he can control. Xiao Zhan was not his property or anyone. Once he left, Yibo can only wish that the comfort Xiao Zhan provided will never fade.

Yibo set his helmet down, apologized to his coach, and ran. Not away the from race, from his career, from his fans, or his life: He was running towards his future, his love, his present, his home.

Please don't change how you quiver under my touch, how your heart accelerates to my kiss. Please don't adapt to a happiness that doesn't have me within reach. Please, this one habit, please don't let it go.

                                                                                                  ~~~~~

It was only minutes before the race so everyone's eyes should be on the track. The commotion should only occur seconds after someone realized that Wang Yibo was no longer part of the line-up. The rile from the fans should only appear after Yibo's vehicle has long disappeared from the parking lot.

But reality rarely played out like expectations. This was a grand event involving one of the biggest entertainers in the country. Of course, there were cameras on stand-by for any possibilities, particularly seeking the presence of a certain doctor who might appear to watch his not-so-secret lover win the race.

Again, contrary to that expectation, what was caught on camera was the racer storming out of the stadium and exiting the gait before the race began.

"??!!"

Sitting in the VIP lounge was the equally confused Wangs, but they were able to maintain their elegance.

"Hai Kuan, what has happened," Uncle Zi Teng inquired, assuming that Yibo would have informed Hai Kuan if any complications had occurred.

Instead, he witnessed a concerned look on Hai Kuan's face with his phone pressed onto his ear. "Yibo," Hai Kuan voiced when the ringtone stopped.

"I have to see him."

Hai Kuan's face was counterpoised with Yibo's statement. The privilege of being Yibo's brother was being the first to know about the complications in his life. Having his two children as friends of the other F4 members also provided Hai Kuan with information in regards to Xiao Zhan. If Hai Kuan was a reporter, he had the exclusive front row seat to YiZhan's lives.

"All right, do what you want to do."

"Thank You, Brother."

Hai Kuan smiled. Even Though he was proud to have such a confident brother, he was grateful to Xiao Zhan for allowing Yibo to experience the feelings of uncertainty, regrets, and choosing a losing battle.

"Hai Kuan, what is going on with Yibo," Mrs. Wang asked.

"He is heading to the airport, to see Xiao Zhan."

"What?! What is that boy thinking, being so irresponsible!"

"Father. Yibo has made his decision," Hai Kuan firmly stated with as much respect as necessary from a Wang, but enough power to voice his protectiveness towards Yibo.

Zan Jin reached out for Hai Kuan's hand. "It is irresponsible, but he chose what is more important to him." Zan Jin stood next to his husband, providing the support that was never sought but always welcomed.

Guo Cheng nudged Jun Xian, mentally telling him to contact the other F4 members. Jun Xian looked up from his phone and replied, "Done."

[JX: Uncle Yibo is heading over]

                                                                                            ~~~~~

"Ten minutes," Zhuo Cheng's assistant voiced to the medical staff that were saying their farewells to family/friends.

Xuan Lu gave Xiao Zhan a tight hug, "Remember to eat. Don't ignore your health. Make sure to rest and if you start to feel unwell, let A-Cheng know..."

"Jie-jie, I'm not going on vacation."

"And we've been to more isolated environments during our clinical year. Stop spoiling him."

"Exactly! You've been doing this since graduation but A-Zhan hasn't."

The two brothers sighed. Why did they even bother to argue with Xuan Lu? Her motherly attribute has never backed down before, but intensified since she became a real Mother.

Zoey snickered at the siblings' little quarrel and joined in on the fun. She tapped Zhuo Cheng on the back, "Yeah, make sure our handsome Dr. Xiao comes back in one piece or the Internal Med department will hunt you down."

Zhuo Cheng turned toward Zoey with wide eyes. "Fine! Only Xiao Zhan is important. The rest of us aren't precious enough so I'll make sure to preserve his glamorous ass!"

Xuan Lu and Zoey bit on their lips to prevent any sense of enjoyment from leaking out. It was part of their conjoined hobby to stir up this jealous side of Zhuo Cheng out.

Xiao Zhan simply rolled his eyes at the drama King. As the two females attempt to "soothe" Zhuo Cheng, Xiao Zhan skimmed his eyes toward the security gate. He doesn't know what he was expecting since he and Yibo agreed that they won't meet up to say farewell. Whatever detrimental separation they felt that day was enough for this lifetime. They may not know what the future has planned for them, but they both hope to never have to say goodbye again.

Right now, that goal still upholds. However, he couldn't deny the strong desire to see Yibo before he disappeared into the wilderness for three months. Was it so wrong to want to hear his voice, feel his warmth, and breathe in the essence that was forever Wang Yibo as a departing gift? Xiao Zhan already acknowledged how spoiled he truly was, can't he demand another unreasonable request?

"A-Zhan," Xuan Lu called out gently to pull Xiao Zhan out of his obvious yearning. They've talked about this many times already so there was no need to point it out. Xiao Zhan and Yibo have already made their decisions and there was no going back. All Xuan Lu could do was push them forward. "It's time."

Xiao Zhan gave one more glance at the gate before scanning his ticket. Let us meet at another time when I am strong enough to love you with all my existence.

                                                                                       ~~~~~

Yibo arrived at the airport and bolted out of his car. He ran like it was a race, for the clock was ticking down to the minutes. He ran like he was being chased, for his heart would eat-him alive if he doesn't get to see Xiao Zhan before he left. He ran like a mad-man for he forgot the status of being famous, ignoring the commotion that his fans created on his trail.

"Isn't that Wang Yibo?"

"What is he doing here? Doesn't he have a race right now?"

"That is Wang Yibo!"

Only when he arrived at the security entrance did he pull out his status as both an entertainer and the son of the prestigious Wang conglomerate to pass through before everyone.

Running towards the gate that his nephew texted him during the car ride, Yibo tried to scan for Xiao Zhan's figure as he neared. Not there.

He spotted Zoey and the two boys, a breath of relief that he was at the right gate. Maybe, maybe he's still here, Yibo foolishly prayed.

Once he was within hearing distance, another lady next to Zoey made eye contact with Yibo. He slightly recognized her as the beloved Jie-jie that Xiao Zhan adored.

For a first greeting, he was met with a sympathetic gaze that told him he was too late.

At that moment, Yibo tasted the bittersweet of defeat that he rarely experienced thanks to his competitive nature. Why didn't he make a quicker decision to be here? Why couldn't his legs run faster? If he didn't need to breathe, would he have caught a glimpse of Xiao Zhan's back disappearing? Why was he so fragile?

"Wang Yibo," Xuan Lu called.

Yibo tried to clear his blurry vision, refocusing himself towards Xuan Lu. Unfortunately, this wasn't a drama set where he can reset his emotion when the camera cuts. The devastation lingered on his hollow eyes as he looked right through Xuan Lu and any surrounding existences.

"Would you like to have tea with me?" Xuan Lu had done her part in helping Xiao Zhan to sort out his emotions. It was only appropriate to learn about the other partner, especially when they appeared in front of her.

It was also necessary to remove the celebrity from the hundreds of eyes and cameras that had landed on him. The poor boy may be too distressed to notice (or care, according to his character profile) the audience. Pei Xin and Fang Xing had informed Xuan Lu and Zoey that Yibo was on his way. The ladies decided to not notify Xiao Zhan before he left and let fate take its course.

Yibo wasn't into casual conversations, but his mind was too far gone to reject Xuan Lu. A part of him also pushed him forward, reminding him that this was Xiao Zhan's beloved sister. Even if the man was nowhere to be found, that he may not appear in front of Yibo ever again... No! Stop. Stop. Thinking!

                                                                                          ~~~~~

Across the street from the airport was a five-star hotel that accommodated the high-class travelers. Xuan Lu preferred the common folks' amenities, but she figured the extravagant atmosphere does come with privacy and that's a necessity at the moment.

Zoey took up her usual babysitting status and seized a table out of listening distance from Xuan Lu and Yibo.

"A-Zhan," Xuan Lu paused to watch Yibo's reaction. Seeing that the ice-prince had full control of his facial muscles, letting nothing be exposed aside from the slight quiver of his eyes, Xuan Lu communicated her thoughts. "He has been spoiled by us, resulting in you getting hurt. For that, I apologize."

Yibo finally has his full attention on Xuan Lu for he doesn't understand what she was saying. Xiao Zhan was the most thoughtful person he has ever met. How can this 'beloved sister' of his call him 'spoil'?

"I'm assuming that you know about A-Zhan's parents?"

Yibo nodded, still not making a single sound.

"We've watched him grow up and struggle through life, unable to get out of the mindset that he is a burden on others. We've tried over and over again to tell him, to show him that he wasn't the main determinant in the conflict. Yet he never failed to take the full blame onto himself."

Now it was Xuan Lu's turn to peer into the distant, reminiscing about the same man. "That boy tried to run away when we first adopted him. A-Cheng became jealous of Father's attention towards A-Zhan; A-Zhan in return didn't want to 'steal' the father figure so he disappeared. When we found him... it was the first time in my life that I felt so angry. I remembered yelling at him for running away, even smacking his head."

Xuan Lu smiled at the memory of how startled her parents and Zhuo Cheng were to see her acted that way. "And then, he ran away again for college. That idiot never learned his lesson, simply found a sneaky way to escape. We sent Zhuo Cheng to coerced him into sharing an apartment, allowing us to at least know that he wasn't struggling for survival." Xuan Lu looked at Yibo and winked.

"Xiao Zhan going on this trip, it was Zhuo Cheng's idea and the family agreed." Her facial expression changed from mischievous to apologetic. "It's a cowardly act to run away from your problems, but we rather have him insight and under protection, even if it means we're sheltering him unreasonably."

Her eyes now glimmered with power and authority, indicating that she would make the same decision a million times. "I'm sorry." That our actions have hurt you.

Yibo shook his head. "'This was our decision."

It was true that he has never been in this much pain before. But Yibo understood exactly why the Jiangs acted that way. For Xiao Zhan, he has been that overprotective since the beginning. Yibo has spoiled the man simply because he existed, disregarding his past. If... no. When Xiao Zhan returns to his side, he will continue to spoil the man as the most precious gem that he is.

Xuan Lu has only known this man in front of her through the screens and words of others. Witnessing in person his thoughts and actions, Xuan Lu approved of this partner.

"Yibo. Is it alright if I call you that?"

"Hmn."

"I'll tell you what I've said to A-Zhan before he left: A relationship involves both parties' participation. If it's hard for you to open up and depend on others, remember that Wang Yibo's pursuit means that he has chosen you as his pillar of support." Xuan peered deep into Yibo's eyes, "I hope I wasn't making a grandeur statement."

It took Yibo a minute to register her words. When he did, he allowed the first smile to appear on his lips since the last time he heard Xiao Zhan's voice.

"He'll be back soon," Yibo replied. It was a question seeking reassurance from Xuan Lu. It was a desire for the longing in his soul. It was a statement, testifying his faith towards Xiao Zhan.

It won't be long at all.

                                                                                             ~~~~~

When Xiao Zhan's flight landed, his phone was already confiscated by Zhuo Cheng. It was agreed upon that Xiao Zhan will be fully removed from the modern world so he can focus on the tasks at hand and reset his mental state. Any outside information would be provided by Zhuo Cheng only. Therefore, Xiao Zhan would not learn about Wang Yibo's outrageous escape. While Xiao Zhan was breathing in fresh air from the countryside, Beijing's entertainment was sweeping up a storm.

Wang Yibo abandoned his spot for the world race for a man?

Wang Yibo spotted leaving the track before the race began.

Wang Yibo was spotted at the airport instead of the Motorbike Track.

Wang Yibo's secret lover, Xiao Zhan, was spotted at the airport. Has their relationship ended?

Author's Note: My outline went for the typical 'airport departure scene', but when I was writing it... I couldn't get myself to go down that cheesy route  😛

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

13.6K 804 25
MATURE RATING!! Wang yibo, 25, Xiao zhan, 23, Wang yibo was a incredibly Wealthy Businessman, and had horrible anger issues and would take it out on...
70.4K 4.9K 33
Xiao Zhan, a chemistry professor at Zhejiang University, always thinks his life is as simple as himself. He loves to teach and prepare his students t...
35.5K 1.7K 10
_______________________________ Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo was lover from the very small. They both love each other that much that the...
156K 11.7K 24
Xiao Zhan is 28 years old and has had a lot of bad luck in his life. And when he believes that his streak of bad luck is finally over, because he has...