The Perfect Summer

AutumnFireflyx által

Alison is looking forward to the best summer EVER with her best friend Serena. When Ali and Serena go away fo... Több

Chapter 1: Ali and Serena
Chapter 2: It's time to go
Chapter 3: Hitting the road
Chapter 4: Sightseeing?
Chapter 5: Skateboarding
Chapter 6: Unexpected
Chapter 7: Wesley and connor
Chapter 8: Problems
Chapter 9: unresolved diffrences
Chapter 10: The day after
Chapter 11: Unforgivable Lies
Chapter 12: Concert
Chapter 13: Maybe?
Chapter 14: Date night
Chapter 15: Volleyball
Chapter 17: Serena
Chapter 18: No Promises
Chapter 19: Realization
Chapter 20: Lies
Chapter 21: Scars and Memories
Chapter 22: Before I die
Chapter 23: New friends and old enemies
Chapter 24: Hair
Chapter 25: wait, what?
Chapter 26: Remember
Chapter 27: Where the cool kids hang out
Chapter 28: The Perfect Summer Plan
Chapter 29: Another Day
Chapter 30: Romeo's
Chapter 31: The Bonfire
Chapter 32: End Of The Road
Chapter 33: You Must Have Me Confused
Chapter 34: Happy Never After
Chapter 35: A reason?
Chapter 36: Bye Bye
Chapter 37: Hot
Chapter 38: I want easy
Chapter 39: Nerves and endings
Chapter 40: The Best Day
Chapter 41: True Love
Chapter 42: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 43: "It was a good summer" - Perfect Stranger.
Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE: PLEASE READ

Chapter 16: Tell me Lies

4.5K 100 14
AutumnFireflyx által

Okay, so this chapter is so unbelievably boring! I'm sorry :( promise the next one will be better! Also sorry I haven't posted in a week or two...stupid writers block!! oh and I might do Serena POV for her date with Wesley...do you think I should?

I sighed loud enough for Leo to notice. "I best go and talk to him," I said before starting to walk off, but he pulled me back.

"He can wait, but you have to finish your drawing," He said before going back inside. I decided I probably should since the drawing was coming along nicely. I finished it off and then went inside to find Connor.

Everyone was sitting down laughing but I didn't see Connor, "Hey, have you guys seen Connor?" I asked.

"Ur...he went outside," Wesley said plainly.

"Okay," I said walking off to find Connor. I walked around outside a bit before seeing Connor on the balcony, it was mostly dark outside now and the only light was the lam posts below and the bright light from the house.

"Hey," I said shivering from the cold. He stared at me for a few seconds before turning around again.

"Okay, could you please explain to me what I did?" I asked getting frustrated, it was like every time I talked to Leo somebody got angry at me. First Serena and now Connor, was it really that wrong for me to just talk to a guy alone?

He just sighed, I was about to ask again when he started to speak, "I thought you didn't like Leo?" He asked me. I didn't really know how to reply.

"Your angry because I was talking to Leo?" I asked getting more and more impatient.

He sighed again, looking at me "So what were you doing with him, outside alone?" He asked accusingly.

"Um...I dunno here's a wild guess, maybe I was just talking to him?" I said bluntly. "So, you think I sleep with any guy I meet or something?" I asked agitated.

"No, but you guys looked pretty close from where I was standing," He stated.

"Okay, you believe what you want, I'm going back inside," I said but Connor pulled me back as I started to walk away.

"Okay, I'm sorry," He said, he didn't looking very sincere.He might have said sorry, but he had still been extremely rude accusing me of things and he went from accusing me to saying sorry very fast.

"Yeah, sure.." I said walking off.

"Maybe I could make it up to you on our date?" He asked nervously.

"I don't really think I wanna go out with you again," I said going back inside to join everyone. Leo was staring intently at me...I was beginning to think he actually had a staring problem, why did he always look at me like that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was so much fun," Serena said when we got home late at night. I yawned exhausted, I really needed to get some sleep.

"Yeah, it was," I replied so that Serena wouldn't get suspicious. I hated big gatherings especially when I didn't even know the people that well, I always felt out of place and never really knew what to say, unless if I was with my close firneds that is.

"I'm really tired, I should get to sleep," I said, walking off before she could reply.

 Why was I so unlucky? I thought to myself lying on my bed. To my right the bright red rose caught my eye, I picked it up and shoved it in the draw harshly, before going to sleep...it had been a long day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, I went down stairs to find Serena sitting on the white sofas reading a book.

 "Wanna go to the beach today?" She asked seeing me out of the corner of her eye.

"Yeah, sure," I said grabbing the carton of orange juice and shaking it to see there wasn't much left, I drank it while heading back upstairs. I was looking forward to this we hadn't just hung out the two of us in a while now, and plus she wasn't acting jealous anymore about Leo, so I decided we could chat again like old times.

I went to my room and plugged my headphones into my teal blue i-pod and started to listen to my favourite radio station. I liked it because it played old music as well as current music, and it had a lot of variety.

After  a while I decided I should probably change so I changed out of my pyjamas and into a plain green dress with straps, since I was going to the beach I wanted to wear something that wouldn't suffocate me.

I didnt mind showing my legs to Serena because she knew about the scars and the story behind them.

The I-pod was now in its I-pod dock and I was singing along to the song when Serena knocked on the door.

"Hey," I said slightly out of breath.

"You ready to go?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said grabbing my bag and putting on my flip flops.

We got to the beach and laid down where there was a little shade. I didn't like being directly in the sunlight. The place we chose was perfect as it was quiet and there were huge rocks next to us. We were both sitting upright on our brightly coloured towels. A book next to me, while Serena had her phone.

"So how are things with you and Wesley?" I treaded carefully.

"Great," She said ecstatic. "I really like him, he's so sweet and kind," She said confidently.

"That's great, I'm really happy for you," I replied sincerely.

She looked at me and smiled, I smiled back. I was happy for her, with what had happened with Leo and everything I really was happy for her, that she had found someone she really seemed to like. I could tell by the way her face lit up when she talked about him.

"So, when are you guys gonna go on another date?" I asked assuming he had asked her.

"He's taking me to the cinema tomorrow, I know it doesn't sound romantic but I actually really wanna see the latest movie that's out," She said smiling even more widely if that was even possible. "So whats up with you and Connor?" She asked curiously.

I sighed loudly, " I don't know," I said quietly. Before she could talk I continued, " I had started to really like him, he was really sweet on our date and we had fun but then at Leo's house he got all jealous and started accusing me of things, so I don't know, i guess..." I finished off unsure.

"If it helps, he really is sweet, I think he's just being protective, the only reason i made you go on a date with him was because Wesley had told me how much he liked you, and we all know that guys can be really big jerks sometimes," She said laughing slightly.

"Yeah I guess," I said wondering about what had Serena had said, maybe I should give him another chance, maybe I was just over reacting about nothing, but I wasn't going to give in that easily. If he really wanted me back he would try.

"So whats been up Ali?" Serena asked out of nowhere.

"What do you mean, whats been up? I just told you," I said utterly confused.

"I mean the bit that your not telling me, you've been a little...distracted lately," She said choosing her words carefully. A million thoughts were running through my mind, should I tell her about the note, CD and rose?

I shouldn't be feeling like this, she was my best friend I should be able to tell her anything, I shouldn't be having this resounding chorus of 'no' in my mind. The thing that hurt the most was if I was back home and this had happened I would have told her straight away. I never would have hesitated even the slightest, and it pained me that things had changed so quickly and that I couldn't trust her like I used to.

I didn't wanna feel like this, Serena interrupted my thought process "Please tell me Ali, I don't want us to drift apart? You know you can trust me with anything right?" She asked concerned.

I should tell her, shouldn't I? I mean I had to tell someone or I was going to go mad keeping it to myself. I would tell my Mum but I already knew how that would work out, she would come here and pick me up, then my Dad would find exactly who it was and probably kill them...okay not probably almost certainly.

I decided I should tell her, I mean who else could I tell in this little town? I didn't know anybody and I didn't even trust anybody that much. I realised that this small town maybe full of innocent children and the most well put together families, but the teenagers weren't as innocent.

"Well, I um... I sorta started..well," I didn't know how to start off, but suddenly I blurted it out, "I told Leo, about the nightmares, right? Well I decided I might as well, since he knew half of it, and I was so stupid," I said angry at myself, "I trusted him, I trusted him not to tell anyone or hurt me, but he- he did, when I got home that day I opened the door and there was a- a CD and a note," I continued.

I told her everything, every last detail about the note and what it said and the rose that day after my date with Connor. I looked up to see Serena shocked, utterly shocked and confused.

"I'm so sorry Alison," She whispered slowly.

"Yeah, well...that's what you get for trusting the wrong person," I said honestly.

"I wanna hurt him so badly," She said her voice filled with venom. She was about to get up but I put my hand on her arm gesturing for her to sit down. She sighed loudly looking into my pleading eyes before deciding to sit back down, but I knew she wasn't done with Leo yet.

I was happy I had confided in Serena, it really did help to get some things off your chest. I thought about the fact that it might not be Leo, I thought about it a lot but deep down I knew it was him because he was the only one there, the place was deserted and I knew nobody else wanted to hurt me that badly.

After that we just chatted about normal girly things. After a while we decided to go inside since 
it was the middle of the afternoon, and I knew that my relationship with Serena were getting back to normal, the way it should be.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

68.5K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
5.1K 95 23
When Ella Jones' twenty-first birthday ends with a bang - literally - she never imagined it would be with her best friend since freshman year, Ryan O...
1.6K 38 26
"Ash, if you need to cry, let it out." Two best friends start working at the same café. But what will happen when a regular interferes with their rel...
2.5K 232 42
Mora has only ever focused on one thing. Her brother and their two best friends. Not a care in the world, except what kind of toppings they would eat...