To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

The BBQ ~ #1

645 51 8
By julyndav

Xael busied herself again with preparing the meat for Adam to cook. She was so wrapped up in what she was doing that she was oblivious to the truck pulling up outside their cabin. Ms. Emma and Skylar walked around to the back. Adam was cleaning off the deck area and had the large grill heating up. He looked up at them both and smiled, but the Elders could both tell that something was off.

"Adam? Hon what's going on?" Ms. Emma approached him as Skylar went back for the last of the chairs. Adam took a deep sigh and looked into the house.

"The pups left a few minutes ago. The others came for them. Xael is still pretty emotional about it, heck we both are."

"Ohh my! So soon?" Just then Skylar was coming back to the deck.

"What's so soon?"

"Wes hon, Xael's boys are gone, for good. The others came and took them to the pack."

"Whoa. How's she doing?"

"She's keeping it together. She was surprised by it. Guess they are getting all the young Alphas together to prepare them for their winter hunt."

"I'll go in and help her, you two stay here." Ms. Emma wanted to get inside to see how her grandaughter was doing. Xael had her back to the patio door and was moving about the kitchen. Normally she would have sensed her Grams but not this time. "Xael dear?"

She turned around, her eyes were still teary. Wet hands and all, Xael went to her Grandma for a much needed hug.

"Oh Grammy, my boys are gone."

"I know dearheart." Her Grams rubbed her back and released a gentle soothing scent. "They'll be fine hon. You're Grandfather won't let anything happen to them."

"Mn. That's what Adam said."

"Don't forget they're still close by."

"True." Xael was feeling better about everything. If she ever wanted to see them all she had to do was go into the woods. But, they needed their freedom and independence now, not momma hanging over them. "I'm just so used to having them next to me."

"Yes, but you have an Alpha now dear. It's his turn to protect you."

Xael smiled. Her Grandma always knew how to make her feel better, next to her Alpha. Xael had been so wrapped up in her boys leaving that she forgot about her Uncle and cousin coming. She would let it be a surprise. Xael finished up the tray of ribs that needed to cook for a while, her Grams offered to take it out to the guys as . While she was gone, Xael texted her cousin to make sure they were still coming out and they were. In fact they had just gotten to town and were headed to their cabin now. They would be the first guest to arrive.

{Adam, my uncle and cousin are on their way!}

{Okay babe}

{Will you keep Grams out there?}

{I'll try}

The rest of the meat was all trayed up and ready for the grill. Xael wrapped them and set them in the fridge. Now she needed to start on the potato salad. Pot on the stove and water boiling, she set the potatoes out. Trying to keep her Grams out back for as long as possible, Xael took them some ice tea to drink while they all sat and enjoyed the nice day.

"Xael hon, do you need help?"

"No Grammy, you just relax and enjoy."

Going back inside, Xael picked up a vehicle coming down the road. The potatoes for the potato salad would have to wait. Rushing to the front yard, her cousin's vehicle was pulling into the drive. She was there to greet them with huge hugs! Her Uncle could tell she had been crying but she didn't want to talk about it. For the rest of the day she wanted to enjoy her family and friends. She led them around the side of their cabin and to the back where everyone was at.

"Hey sis!"

"Dentin!" Emma was up and hugging her brother, disappearing in his arms.

"Hey what about me?!" Kai was feeling left out.

"Oh get over here you!"

Kai picked Emma up and spun her around. Dentin went over to Skylar.

"Well I guess congratulations are in order Wes."

"Thanks Dentin. When did you guys get to town?"

"We've been here for a bit. Ran into Pup and her Mate outside the dinner about a week or so ago."

Ms. Emma smacked Xael on the butt for not telling her that her brother was back in the states. Xael gave her a side hug.

"Love you Grammy."

Kai shook Adam's hand and the two young Alpha's hung around the grill. Xael brought the others out more tea and went back inside, the elders took up seats as they let the young ones do all the work. Back in the kitchen, Xael started on the side dishes and a dessert.

"Em?" Dentin was still bothered by the fact that Xael had been crying.

"Hm?"

"What's wrong with Pup, she looks like she's been crying."

"She has. Her boys joined the wild wolves today. The others came to lead them off."

"They did? Since when do wild wolves come for dogs?"

"Xael's pups aren't dogs Dentin, they're hybrids, mostly wolf by the looks of them. Since she's been back home, her boys have been spending a lot of time with them." Both Emma and Skylar didn't feel comfortable telling him everything they had learned about Xael, even though he was her uncle.

Next to arrive was Adam's dad, Great Grandma and her mom's parents. What perfect timing. Now that she was much calmer, Xael picked up on them right away and again was out front to greet them. She was excited that Adam's dad would get to meet her family and that her Grandparents on her mom's side would get to meet everyone as well. Xael was also excited that everyone would get to me an Old one as there weren't very many of them around. Going outside they were greeted like the others with hugs. Xael quickly linked Adam that his dad, great grams and her grandparents were there.

Joined by her Mate, Xael and Adam took them on a tour of their small cabin.

"Wow! This is really, really nice!" Adam's dad was impressed at how well everything was laid out. The Grandmothers were impressed at all the home canned goods that they had. Soon there was a commotion going on the back deck. Xael and Adam rushed to see what was going on. The Spirit Wolves were back, minus her pups. Now Xael was definitely confused with what was going on.  Adam's dad and Great Grams joined them. Taza ran up onto the deck, startling the others with his shear size as he went straight for the Old one and nuzzled her hand.  The deck boards creaking under his weight. Everyone had moved back towards the house and out of their way. Xael let them know that everything was fine.

"Oh! My sweetest Taza!!" She leaned over and buried her face in his fur, happy to see her dear companion once again she hugged him with all the strength she had. Xael stood with her hands on her waist as she linked her Grandfather.

{Ah pup, me and Ja'an wanted to meet the rest of the 'Family'.}

{Really!} Xael walked over to her wolf grandmother and gave her a hug. {Now the family reunion is complete!} She was so happy that they had joined them before the others arrived. Now it was time for Xael to introduce everyone.

First was her mom's parents. Her uncle Dentin was amazed that she was able to find them but Adam's Great Grams told them it was all the work of Spirit. Next was Adam's dad and Great Grams. After finding out how old sheSkylar, Dentin and Charles all howled at the pressence of an Old One to show her the respect she deserved. True to her nature, she giggle and did a little happy dance at the honor. Even the Spirit Wolves howled for her; truly it all made her day. Finally Xael introduced the Spirit Wolves.

Most of them had never seen one before and thought they were just legend. They were even more surprised when Xael referred to them as her grandparents. Her Wolf Grandparents apporached her mom's parents and linked them both.

{We've always wanted to meet you. Your daughter was a truly wonderful Mate and mother.}  As the large wolves both bowed in honor of them, they were still so awestruck that they couldn't repsond.

{Please know that all those responsible for their deaths have been dealt with. All of them.} The Alpha gave them both a knowing look. Charle's eyes widen.

"Y-you were the one fighting in the jail cell!!" The Great Alpha didn't say anything as he went back to his Mate's side.

Kai, still not believing what he was seeing or hearing reached out to touch Taza was standing next to him. Kai was large, even for an Alpha and seeing how Taza came up to his waist was unreal. Feeling the touch, Taza looked up at him and linked him.

{What are you doing young Alpha?}

"Holy shit they are real!!"

Everyone gave him a nervous laugh. Last but not least, they approached the old one and bowed to her as well. She was all giggles and smiles.

"Oh! I feel like a celebrity!"

{You should. It's not everyday we come across Wolfen as old as you. You have a very long life ahead of you.} If Ja'an was in human form she would have been smiling at her.

The Old One tried to link her back.

{Xael really is a hybrid, isn't she?}

{Yes and your great grandson has a secret as well. But that is for another visit.}

Another adorable little dance and the Old One clapped joyously at the events of the day. Xael smiled at her as she was given a wink. The Old One knew the truth at last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.8K 2.5K 22
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
60.5K 2.1K 26
For a span of two years, Amira, a twenty-year-old, discreetly avoids her mate within their shared pack. The long-anticipated reunion unfolds as her h...
99.3K 2.7K 25
๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ, ๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—น ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ผ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—น๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ สธแตƒโฟ...
98.2K 723 4
What happens when two halves of a soul, yearning for each other, from different worlds, finally cross paths? Following the destruction of her New Yor...