Perseverance

Od JessicaLouAuthor

{18+ COMPLETED} "I don't understand why you won't tolerate the idea when we're both about the same no-strings... Více

Copyright
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One ~ March 2028
Chapter Two ~ March
Chapter Three - March
Chapter Four: March
Chapter Five ~ March
Chapter Six ~ March
Chapter Seven ~ March
Chapter Eight ~ March
Chapter Nine ~ March
Chapter Ten - March
Chapter Eleven ~ March
Chapter Twelve ~ March
Chapter Thirteen ~ April
Chapter Fourteen ~ April
Chapter Fifteen ~ April
Chapter Sixteen ~ April
Chapter Seventeen ~ April
Chapter Eighteen ~ April
Chapter Nineteen ~ April
Chapter Twenty ~ April
Chapter Twenty One ~ April
Chapter Twenty Three ~ April
Chapter Twenty Four ~ April
Chapter Twenty Five ~ April
Chapter Twenty Six ~ April
Chapter Twenty Seven ~ May
Chapter Twenty Eight ~ May
Chapter Twenty Nine ~ May
Chapter Thirty ~ May
Chapter Thirty One ~ May
Chapter Thirty Two ~ May
Chapter Thirty Three ~ May
Chapter Thirty Four ~ May
Chapter Thirty Five ~ May
Chapter Thirty Six ~ June
Chapter Thirty Seven ~ June
Chapter Thirty Eight ~ June
Chapter Thirty Nine ~ July
Chapter Forty ~ July
Chapter Forty One ~ July
Chapter Forty Two ~ July
Chapter Forty Three ~ August
Chapter Forty Four ~ August
Chapter Forty Five ~ August
Chapter Forty Six ~ September
Chapter Forty Seven ~ September
Chapter Forty Eight ~ September
Chapter Forty Nine ~ September
Chapter Fifty ~ September
Chapter Fifty One ~ October
Chapter Fifty Two ~ October
Chapter Fifty Three ~ October
Chapter Fifty Four ~ October
Chapter Fifty Five ~ October
Chapter Fifty Six ~ November
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Two ~ April

2.3K 131 58
Od JessicaLouAuthor

"What the hell?" the brunette exclaims, her eyes wide in disbelief. "Who are you?"

"Lacey," I reply through gritted teeth as Ellis moves back, turning to face the white clad girl in the doorway.

She furrows her eyebrows as she looks me up and down, clearly not impressed by what she sees. Judging by the look on her face anyway. "Do I know you?" she snaps. Fucking bitch.

"No, but you-"

"Alright," Ellis cuts me off, grabbing onto my arm and shaking his head at me. I watch as he turns to Lacey, smiling at her. "I'm sorry, Brett told me it was okay to use this room."

What the hell even just happened? Did I seriously orgasm after grinding, over clothes, against Ellis Wakefield. How fucking high school can I get? Do I have no self-control? Shit, I'm an embarrassment.

"Brett shouldn't have," Lacey retorts. "I'm sharing the room with him."

"Oh?"

"No you're not," I snap, crossing my arms and stepping closer to her.

"Becky!" Ellis reaches out and I shrug him off.

"Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?" Lacey steps forward, fire in her eyes.

"Someone who has more respect than you," I answer, watching as her eyes nearly burst out of her pristine, sleek styled head.

"What?"

"Wearing white to a wedding?" I smirk. "Classy as shit."

"Okay!" Ellis steps between. "We were just leaving," he assures Lacey, his hands gesturing for both of us to stop.

He turns his head to face me, the blue orbs meeting mine, the sea of emotions in them reminding me exactly what just went down. I feel my cheeks redden as he focuses on me, white hot humiliation bubbling beneath the surface of my skin. I'm Becky Gordon, well-known maneater, a reputation that damn well precedes me, yet I just threw it all away for a few seconds of pleasure in front of the man who would judge my skills the most.

"I... I need to leave," I mutter, dropping my gaze and stepping around Ellis, heading for the door before he can stop me. I slide past Lacey, not hesitating to give her a sharp shove to the shoulder before I enter the corridor, heading straight for the elevator as fast as I can in these devil heels.

"Becky!" I ignore Ellis' call, hurrying even faster to escape. "Bec! Stop!" He grabs onto my arm, whirling me back around to face him. "What's wrong? I'm sorry, I didn't want you two to get into a fight-"

"It's not that, Ellis," I cut him off. "I just... need to go." I make a move to turn away once more.

"No!" he exclaims, quickly sliding in front to stop me. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Ellis, please-"

His finger trails under my chin, gripping on and lifting it, forcing me to look at him. "I'm not letting you go until you explain why you look so defeated and panicked after what just happened between us."

"That's exactly it!" I exclaim. "What happened between us," I hiss quietly and he furrows his eyebrows, stepping back.

"You regret that we..."

"No!" I reply quickly but then instantly throw my head into my hands. "I don't know! I just fucking orgasmed through clothes! Who the fuck does that over twenty three?"

"Seriously?" He smirks. "That's it? It's because we dry-humped?"

"Will you keep your voice down!" I exclaim, stepping closer and shaking my head at him. "Yes, I haven't done that since-"

"Did you have fun?"

"What?"

"You heard me."

"I... yes," I admit.

"Well then." He shrugs. "Sounds like a good time to me."

"It's embarrassing," I correct him.

"No." He shakes his head. "It was hot."

I step back, running my hand down my face as I look up at him. I know exactly what happened back in that room, I'm not stupid. Somehow, somewhere along the line, I've lost complete control over myself, instead bending my every whim to Ellis and whatever he wants. I crave his touch, desire him enough to let my power go and indulge.

I'm losing myself. What happened to never being out of control ever again? I can't do this...

"Ellis, I need to leave," I say softly, stepping back and tearing my gaze from his.

"No, Bec-"

"I'm losing control around you," I admit, letting my eyes find his torment-filled ones. "I hate that."

"That's a lie. You have a ridiculous amount of control over me, Bec." Ellis reaches out, enveloping my hand with his, almost begging me with his eyes. I nearly fold. I can feel the resolve weakening inside me, even a mere look at the turmoil saturated eyes has me buckling.

This isn't healthy. Not for me, not now, not ever. It can't be. I have no idea what will happen if I give up all of my control.

Quickly, I pull my hand away from him. "It's not enough," I whisper, turning and heading for the exit. I don't even have to look over my shoulder to know that he's frozen in place, watching me leave.

*~*~*

I push the door open to the apartment, stepping inside and locking it shut behind me. I rest my head back against it, shutting my eyes and letting out the mammoth breath I've been holding ever since I walked away from Ellis.

A sudden sniffle has me confused, head shooting back up, eyes open as I look over towards the couch. Sav glances back at me, her green eyes glistening with tears, wrapped up in a blanket.

"Sav!" I exclaim, chucking my purse on the table and hurriedly walking towards her.

"You look nice," she says quietly, shooting me a weak smile.

"What happened?" I ask and she shrugs, burrowing down further in the seat.

"Brett."

"Brett?" I repeat, confusion filling my features. He's at a damn wedding, how did the boy manage to upset her from so far away?

"He... he's moved on."

"Sav-"

"No!" she cuts me off. "His mom was there at lunch today, Becky."

"Wait, what?" I exclaim, falling down beside her. I remember Brett's mom from growing up, an incredibly pristine woman, not a hair out of place, forever holding a glass of champagne in her hand. "Did Alice invite her?"

"No." Sav shakes her head. "It was pure coincidence. I accidentally told her that I was pregnant."

"And? How did she take it?" I ask, cringing slightly at all the horrific scenarios playing out in my head.

"She was ridiculously happy," Sav admits and I grin, reaching over and pulling her into a hug.

"What?" I exclaim. "Then why are you sad, bestie?"

"Because I went to see Brett straight after lunch. His mom said some things, made me realize how much I've punished him for the past. I went to apologize and he turned me away." She sobs at the end and I tighten my grip on her as I think back to Brett and Lacey, the way he guided her out of the room earlier tonight.

"He did what?" I seethe, rage pooling inside me. The absolute indecency of this man, the way he selfishly turned away from my best friend, all so he can get his leg over Lacey, The Attention Stealing Bitch.

"In his defense, he was at a wedding," Sav mutters and I raise an eyebrow. Sav went to the wedding?

"Oh?"

"I literally stormed in and took him by surprise. Lacey was there," she explains. "The bride and groom were due any minute too... so maybe he just needs time."

"I'm sure that's what it is," I assure her, hugging her tight to my chest and resting my chin on her head. "Brett would be ridiculously stupid to let you go. Especially for that horrible witch."

"You're too kind to me." She sniffles.

"You're too hard on yourself," I retort.

"Likewise." She glances up at me with a small, teasing smirk on her face. "Where were you this evening? You look incredible."

"That doesn't matter," I reply. The girl is crying her eyes out, the pregnancy hormones in full swing, yet she wants to focus on me. I think not. At least, not right now. She needs some good old fashioned junk food to lift her spirits. "Want some cookies?"

She grins. "Always."

I shift away from her, standing and quickly wrenching the heels off my feet and relishing in the absolute bliss when my feet hit the soft rug. Walking over to the cupboard, I grab hold of a packet of chocolate chip cookies, pulling them out and, with a second thought, grabbing the second packet too.

I walk back over towards Sav, ripping them open before passing the delightful treats to her, smiling as she instantly wolfs one down.

"Good?" I ask and she nods, smiling before pulling another cookie out. I slouch down beside her. "I was at a bar," I choose to say.

"Dressed like that?" she queries, clearly not believing my ridiculous lie.

"They had a black tie event." I shrug, looking away from her prying eyes. "Like a speed dating thing."

"Did you get lucky?" she asks with a glint in her eye.

"Kind of," I admit, cringing at the memory of my teenage-ridden actions.

"Kind of?"

"I don't want to talk about it!" I tell her, shaking my head before biting into my own cookie. "I shouldn't have gone out! You needed me."

"Bec, don't be silly!" Sav reaches over and shoves my shoulder. "You had no idea that today was the day I'd finally decide to forgive Brett. It's my own fault."

"No!" I exclaim, shoving the packet of cookies in her face. "It is not your fault! I should have been here for you."

"Well, you are now." Sav smiles and I grin.

"You're damn right," I reply. "I'm not leaving you for the next forty eight hours at least."

Savannah grimaces. "Is that necessary?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely." I nod. "Want to order a Chinese?"

"Is that even a question?" she retorts and I grin, reaching for my phone.

"Sounds like a girls night to me," I sing and she laughs, throwing the extra blanket towards me. I pull up the number for the Chinese, hovering over it before I decide to minimize it. Instead, I click onto my messages, the second one from the top, and quickly type out a text.

I'm sorry. I need time to think.

I read it over only once before I click the send button, watching as it delivers to Ellis' phone. I don't know what else to say to him. I have no idea how I feel about where we're heading, or what's happening between us. It's scaring me more than an eight inch spider in the bathtub, and I don't know whether I'm ready to let go.

I need time to think.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Poor Becky. She's struggling with the demons of her past...

Who remembers Brett and Savannah's encounter at the wedding? What do ya know, Becky was there too!!

Vote, comment & share if you're enjoying this story 💙

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

140K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...
13.8K 1.4K 34
~~~~~ One thing that most definitely hasn't changed is the power of those bright hazel eyes to reduce me to a puddle of mush. And I can't help but th...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
666K 4.5K 5
***COMPLETE*** Series coming down Nov 1st He asked me to tell him why I loved the cello and I told him but I wasn't expecting his response. "The way...