Perseverance

Von JessicaLouAuthor

{18+ COMPLETED} "I don't understand why you won't tolerate the idea when we're both about the same no-strings... Mehr

Copyright
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One ~ March 2028
Chapter Two ~ March
Chapter Three - March
Chapter Four: March
Chapter Five ~ March
Chapter Six ~ March
Chapter Seven ~ March
Chapter Eight ~ March
Chapter Nine ~ March
Chapter Ten - March
Chapter Eleven ~ March
Chapter Twelve ~ March
Chapter Thirteen ~ April
Chapter Fourteen ~ April
Chapter Fifteen ~ April
Chapter Seventeen ~ April
Chapter Eighteen ~ April
Chapter Nineteen ~ April
Chapter Twenty ~ April
Chapter Twenty One ~ April
Chapter Twenty Two ~ April
Chapter Twenty Three ~ April
Chapter Twenty Four ~ April
Chapter Twenty Five ~ April
Chapter Twenty Six ~ April
Chapter Twenty Seven ~ May
Chapter Twenty Eight ~ May
Chapter Twenty Nine ~ May
Chapter Thirty ~ May
Chapter Thirty One ~ May
Chapter Thirty Two ~ May
Chapter Thirty Three ~ May
Chapter Thirty Four ~ May
Chapter Thirty Five ~ May
Chapter Thirty Six ~ June
Chapter Thirty Seven ~ June
Chapter Thirty Eight ~ June
Chapter Thirty Nine ~ July
Chapter Forty ~ July
Chapter Forty One ~ July
Chapter Forty Two ~ July
Chapter Forty Three ~ August
Chapter Forty Four ~ August
Chapter Forty Five ~ August
Chapter Forty Six ~ September
Chapter Forty Seven ~ September
Chapter Forty Eight ~ September
Chapter Forty Nine ~ September
Chapter Fifty ~ September
Chapter Fifty One ~ October
Chapter Fifty Two ~ October
Chapter Fifty Three ~ October
Chapter Fifty Four ~ October
Chapter Fifty Five ~ October
Chapter Fifty Six ~ November
Epilogue

Chapter Sixteen ~ April

2.4K 139 102
Von JessicaLouAuthor

August ~ 2022

My eyes are screwed shut, the pounding in my head absolutely ruining me. Where am I?

I can't move my arms, instead forcing my eyes open and blinking furiously at the bright light, the ache in my skull only heightening, pressure in my head building, desperate for a release.

Eventually, I manage to focus my eyes, the blurred images clearing, picking out the unfamiliar poster on the wall, the strange wooden walls, the rickety, old window. What the fuck?

Grimacing, I move my arms underneath me, sitting up, eyes narrowed to slits to avoid as much pain as possible. I glance down, shocked to find myself on a brown colored duvet, someone else's bed. Oh, hell.

I'm clothed, but it's only now that I remember my decision to go out without any underwear on, the tight dress having given me bad lines.

I remember... walking into the party, grabbing a few shots... and then it's all a little hazy. Flashes pour through my mind; dancing on the table, making out with a guy, downing three pints at once, body shots, hanging off of two guys' arms.

I haven't been this out of control... ever.

A slight shift from beside me makes me jump, eyes wide as I turn to look beside me, a guy's head poking out from under the duvet. Holy shit!

Throwing my legs over the side of the bed I stand up, wobbling slightly, spotting my phone, thrown onto the dresser. Why the fuck did I take that out of my bra? Did someone else?

I can't bear to think about it for a second longer, swiftly grabbing it and pulling my dress as far down my legs as I can before stepping closer to the door.

A groan sounds out and I glance back, mouth dropping open when I take note of two other people curled up at the foot of the bed, men who I don't remember, my hand covering my mouth at the sight, trying to contain the sobs. What happened last night? What did I let them do? Why don't I remember?

Turning the handle, I slip out of the door, almost legging it to the stairs, not caring that I've lost the Dior heels that Haydon gave me for my birthday. My bare feet hurt on the piles of trash from the party, attempting to ignore it as I launch myself out of the front door.

I barely get ten steps before I throw myself behind a bush, doubling over and vomiting, heaving out everything in my stomach as cries wrack my body, sinking down to my knees as I shake.

What's happened to me? I've been staying at a hotel for the last two weeks, distracting myself with parties, distancing myself from the happy Sav and Brett, Haydon and his new girlfriend Grace. I needed time to myself, but now... I've gone one step too far.

Managing to unlock my phone, I swipe at my eyes as I click onto my contacts, scrolling to find the one name I'm looking for, eyebrows furrowing as I don't find it.

Where is he? I need to talk to him, I need to hear his voice... Ellis.

He's all I can think of, desperate for his words to soothe me, remind me that I'll be okay.

But he's not here, I can't find him...

Reality hits me like a tonne of bricks. I deleted his number. He chose someone else and I threw him out of my life.

I drop my phone back to the grass beside me, hand clutching at my chest as I attempt to stop sobbing, struggling to catch my breath as various scenarios of what happened last night play on a loop.

I feel violated, I feel exploited, yet I don't even know whether any of them touched me. I don't know what I do; I need a shower, I need to throw these clothes away, I need water, I need to go home, I need a break from parties.

And there's one thing for damn sure. This is the absolute last time that I will ever be out of control. I never want to feel like this again.

*~*~*

Present Day ~ March 2028

"Damn!" Ellis exclaims as I walk up to Benny's. I roll my eyes as he scans my outfit from head to toe, the tight leather pants always working like a lucky charm on men.

"Alright, I'm here," I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"You're ten minutes late."

"So?" I scoff. "It's you who I told not to be late, not the other way around."

"Typical."

"I had to put the finishing touches on my outfit." I shrug and he cocks an eyebrow once more before I reach around him for the door.

"No comment on how I look?" Ellis says, a teasing tone to his voice as I ignore him, walking straight over to the bar. "So rude!"

"You're the one who wanted to do this," I retort. "Not me."

"You wouldn't be here if you didn't want to spend time with me," he argues, resting his elbow on the bar and looking up at me, the infectious twinkle in his eye making me smile.

"So fucking cocky."

"You wouldn't have me any other way," he says, straightening up as the bartender walks over. "What do you want, Bec?"

"Surprise me." Turning away, I leave him to order, scanning the room for potential targets, analyzing how easy my game will be tonight. There are two tables of men in the corner, the way they're guffawing and yelling putting me off instantly. No, thank you.

"What are you thinking?" Ellis says, turning to face me, handing me a bottle of beer.

"A coin toss? Winner goes first?"

"Sounds good to me." He nods, pulling a wallet out of his pocket. I don't miss the noticeable, distinguishable condom wrappers, raising an eyebrow at his preparedness. "Heads or tails?"

"Heads," I say and he quickly flicks it into the air, catching it and landing it on the back of his hand before revealing the winner.

"Heads." He pouts and I grin.

"Perfect." I take a swig from my bottle, eyes narrowing on a guy in the corner, concentrating on his laptop, not even noticing anyone else around him. "Easy," I say, leaving Ellis behind as I stalk towards the unsuspecting guy.

I'll have ten numbers in no time.

*~*~*

A singular man sits at the edge of the bar and without taking another second to think, I stride over towards him, the sound of my heels clacking against the floor gaining his attention as he looks up.

"Hi," I say with a grin, resting my bag down next to him.

"Hello." He doesn't seem at all interested, returning his gaze to his glass.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine," he mutters and I sigh. This is going to be one hard egg to crack.

"You don't look okay."

"I'm married," he snaps and I raise an eyebrow.

"Alright. What, you think just because I came over and asked if you were okay, it means I'm going to hit on you? Maybe I'm just a decent fucking person," I exclaim, picking my bag back up and turning away.

"Wait! I'm sorry," he says, his sad eyes meeting mine. "Olive, my wife... her and I had an argument."

"All couples have arguments," I reply, slouching down onto the seat beside him. "I'm sure it'll be okay."

"This was different." He shakes his head and I raise an eyebrow, gesturing for the bartender to get us a couple more drinks.

"I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think."

Within fifteen minutes, he's laughing with me as he finishes his drink, collecting his coat and saying goodbye. I watch as he leaves, picking up my glass and downing the dregs of alcohol before turning to spy Ellis watching me from afar, an amused look on his face.

"He left?" Ellis says as I stop in front of him. "You drove him away?"

"Not before I got his number." I smirk, pulling the card out of my pocket. Hey! There was nothing in the rules about the ways in which we obtain these numbers. I will be true to my word with this one, calling him tomorrow to provide him with designs for a new dress that he can gift his upset wife. A win-win in every regard.

"Wow! Alright, that's a good one."

"Your turn," I say with a grin and he nods, scanning the bar. I follow his gaze, almost scoffing as I see the blonde bombshell he's chosen, her loud giggling with her friends nearly making me want to puke. "Really?"

"Why not?" He shrugs and I keep my mouth shut, unsure of what to say. It's a game, Bec.

"Good luck," I reply, leaning back against the bar as he shoots me a grin, before heading away.

The way she instantly smiles up at him has me on edge, my jaw tensed as he sits down next to her, the blonde hair being flicked over her fucking shoulder as she rests her chin on her hand, looking up at him with some sort of doe eyes. What the fuck?

Within minutes, her hand is on his bicep as I chug back another drink, shaking my head at the bartender when he offers me another. I need to stay in control and have my best game face on. Even if I do want to drown myself in alcohol.

Come on, Ellis. It's not that fucking hard to get a phone number. Why is it taking him so long? She'll be undoing his pants any minute now.

Turning away, I grab my bag from the bar, not willing to watch the giddy couple any longer, instead deciding to go to the restroom to freshen up.

Walking past the group of irate, unnecessary guys who have been in here since the start of the night, I ignore their hollers as they watch me, choosing to ignore their immature yells, before striding down the corridor and entering the restroom.

I take my time, digging my lipgloss out my bag, playing with my hair in the mirror, using the bathroom, and taking a good old fashioned selfie in the mirror for Sav. After all, what's the rush to get back to the bar? Ellis probably still hasn't obtained Blondie's digits.

With a sigh, I pull the door open and step out into the corridor, beginning to walk back towards the bar. I stop when a man moves directly in front of me, his friend close behind.

"Excuse me," I say, making a swerve to walk around them. They move with me. "Get out of my fucking way."

"Hey, now!" The guy on the left raises his hands. "We're just trying to be nice."

"I don't need you to be fucking nice, I need you to get out of my way." I cross my arms and void my face of any emotion.

"Why are you being like that?" the other says with a smirk.

"Yeah, come on. You come in here dressed like that-"

"Dressed like what?" I snap, stepping closer. "Don't start giving me that shit about how women are asking for it if they dress a certain way!"

"Well..." One of them shrugs with a grin plastered over his face.

"You are dressed like a slut," his friend replies before laughing.

"I'm dressed how I want to dress," I retort, rolling my eyes. Fucking idiots.

"You're dressed to please us," he counters, stepping forward, his arm reaching out towards me. I don't think, instead I pull back my arm, curling my hand into a fist and slamming it into his face.

"Fuck!" I exclaim as I release my fist, him stumbling back as I attempt to massage my knuckles. That shit fucking hurts!

"You little bitch!" The other guy sneers, not leaving me time to react before he slams me back against the wall behind me, my head bouncing off of it, pain searing around me. His hands have clamped my arms at my sides, and I attempt to wrestle against him, my efforts achieving nothing.

"Fuck off!" I spit at him, the action only adding to the fire in his eyes, him making a move to press his lower body against mine. With a quick kick, my knee is in his balls, making him double over, his grip on me loosening slightly. Perfect.

I don't have time to free myself, the man is hauled off of me before I can, strong arms wrenching him away and tossing him to the other wall. I watch as he collapses onto the floor, not even able to catch a breath before a punch is delivered to the side of his face.

My breath catches in my throat at the sight, almost frozen in place, hand on my chest as Ellis sends another hit into the guy's face.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Poor Becky... hopefully this chapter gave you more insight into why she's so adamant that she needs control and power. Alcohol can be our own worst enemy...

Thoughts on Ellis?

How about Becky for holding her own against those guys?

And girls... WEAR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you look slutty or ugly or that you 'deserve it'. Whether you're covered from head to toe, or walking around in a bikini - do what's right for you (legally of course!). I'm certain you look incredible.❤️

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

5.2M 163K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
14.6M 372K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
14.6K 1.5K 34
~~~~~ One thing that most definitely hasn't changed is the power of those bright hazel eyes to reduce me to a puddle of mush. And I can't help but th...
667K 4.5K 5
***COMPLETE*** Series coming down Nov 1st He asked me to tell him why I loved the cello and I told him but I wasn't expecting his response. "The way...