EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 46

3.7K 159 50
By Neo_Chieri

"Well," Donghyuck finally put the gun away before his right hand found its way to my warm cheek. "I have a question."

A seductive smirk suddenly adorned his face as he slowly let his eyes wander over my face to my rosy lips. I finally managed to awaken a spark of self-control in my body and immediately slapped his hand away, the brunette definitely not impressed, grabbing my wrist instread.

"Let me go", I hissed annoyed at him and tried to free myself from his grip, although my body was still not fully regenerated.

Somehow I found myself even more miserable than the last few days. On those days my brain had been almost completely switched off, so it wan't a big deal that I had been weaker, but I was completely aware right now and still not able to defend myself.
Slowly but surely I began to hate myself more and more for my fucked up fear of the nightmares.

"Not until you answer my question."

I snorted angrily as he shifted closer towards me, gently stroking one of my black strands behind my ear. Subconsciously, my fingertips played with the hem of a shirt as small goose bumps formed all over my skin.
I didn't want myself to be that affected by this actions, but I'd be lying if I said my heart hadn't just made a small jump because of his soft touch.

Another reason why I'd better give myself the bullet right here and now.

The bright golden light was still shining down on us, casting the silhouettes of our two bodies  on the wall beside us.
I couldn't focus on the shadow play though, because Donghyuck now bent dangerously close to me, his cheek merely brushing mine, causing a flaring warmth to arouse.

In the meantime his soft lips touched my ear so slightly that a cold shiver automatically ran down my spine and made my heart beat speed up once again.
Silently, I tried to swallow the lump in my dry throat while I impatiently waited for his question.

"Is the cafeteria open yet?"

Completely taken aback by the unusual question, I opened my mouth, but only took a sharp breath in as I didn't know where this suddenly came from.
Well... that was unexpected.

With a big frown on my face, I watched as the student finally let go of my wrist and took a few steps backwards, the grin on his lips much more amused and playful than a few minutes ago.

"Let's have breakfast," he added some information for me to finally process what he was actually talking about, while I still stared at him with a blank expression.

"Huh?"

"You. Me. Breakfast."

It took a short moment before I realized that the idiot in front of me was just once again playing with my feelings, having fun looking at my dumbfounded grimace.
How on earth did I forget that this brunette jerk never took anything in his life seriously?

I hated that I for a moment I thought he was somehow different than the picture I had of him, but I guess I should be happy he'd proven me wrong once again... right?

"Why should I?" I said with my eyes narrowed and gave him an irritated and clearly pissed of look, hoping that in the meantime my heartbeat would slow down again.

"Because we don't have much time left until school starts. Maybe you'd like to have something in your stomach before the first lesson begins."

Before I knew, Donghyuck already winked boldly at me before he walked past me, the amusement clearly written all over is his face. Apparently he really enjoyed it, messing around with me and my damn feelings, first making me feel flustered and then dumbfounded right after.

"I'll pass, thank you," I put an obvious fake smile on and watched him come to a halt at the locker room door.

Still grinning, he leaned against the door frame, slightly tilting his head to the side as he proceeded to eye me from head to toe.
Only now did I notice the small round dent in the door, and automatically remembered how the older one had shot in Wonwoo's direction just yesterday evening.

I remembered sitting crouched against the wall while Donghyuck had taken care of my safety. If it were up to me, I'd like to forget the evening and this morning as quickly as possible, but I knew that the newly made memories would haunt me for a while instead.

"Not hungry?"

"Not really-"

As if on the word, my stomach suddenly started grumbling, whereupon I automatically pressed my lips into a thin line, hoping that my cheeks wouldn't warm up by the embarrassment.
Donghyuck solely chuckled triumphantly, the sound of his ligh laughing like music in my ears, before he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"What was that?"

Rolling my eyes once again, I tried not to let my growing frustration show and just shrugged my shoulders defiantly.

"Well, maybe I'm hungry, but that doesn't matter. My friends are probably wondering where I've been all night, so I'd better go home-"

"No need," he skillfully interrupted me and clicked his tongue shortly afterwards.

"I've already texted Soyeon and Mina on your phone and told them that you spent the night with one of your classmates."

My eyes immediately widened as a short wave of confusion rushed through my body, before my hands hurriedly reached out for the phone in my jacket.
Just as I expected it though, the small object was nowhere to be found so I automatically scanned the pockets of my jeans as well.

"Looking for this?" the student tore my attention back to him and I instantly looked up, watching as my smartphone loosely dangled inbetween his own fingertips.

"How the hell did you get it on?"

I didn't waste a minute and reached out with my hand to snatch my belonging away from him, but of course he reacted faster and automatically pulled his arm back before he put it in his own pocket.

"Used your fingerprint."

Somehow indignated, my mouth fell open as I couldn't think of a single sentence to replied to his simple remark.
Instead, a weak, yet clear wave of anger went through me, for which I was more than grateful at that moment.

This is exactly how my body should react to him. It should flare up with rage and hatred and reject the guy right in front of me with all its might. I'd even be happy to become furious.

I know it was kind of ironic that over the last few week I had wished for this overwhelming feeling of anger to go finally go away, but retrospectively I needed it.
I needed it more than ever, but I was secretly aware that it wouldn't return that quickly.

Before I could react to his unexpected action, Donghyuck already put his index finger on my chin, slightly lifting it so that I was glancing right back into his sparkling brown eyes.
The amused and playful grin still adorned his soft pink lips before he licked over them a little later, looking down on me way too cheerfully for one of the most feared gang members of the city.

"Let's go. My treat."

This chapter kinda frustrated me but buttttt I'm kinda exited for the upcoming ones😁🙆‍♀️
Both of them are slowly getting closer haha so aye, progress

Anyways, have a nice day everyone🌸😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 119 47
ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ | ɴᴀ ᴊᴀᴇᴍɪɴ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ❝Sometimes I wonder how you're the same person.❞ ❝Why? And am I on your mind that much?❞ The NCT DREAM boys had amazing...
213K 8.9K 88
She fucked him for revenge, he fucked her even though he shouldn't. enemies at uni, lovers in bed. "Come on angel, real friends don't fuck like we d...
23.7K 959 20
°You and I 나의 바다 포근한 품 I will dive into you~ Once upon a time, there was a girl name Y/n L/n who got bullied by the most popular boys in school 7Drea...
593K 20.5K 72
{ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ} 'ɴᴄᴛ ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ' ʙᴏᴏᴋ 2 • ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ* ... "Excuse me, did you just steal my wallet?" The boy growled as he stepped closer at the smirking...