Loving Lakyn | ✓

By sharnahespinosa

Lila Hayes is a snobby, uptight seventeen year old, with her heart set on going to fashion school in London... More

Loving Lakyn
Characters
[01] Meeting Eden
[02] Dehumanizing
[03] Daddy Issues
[04] Pessimism
[05] How Dare He
[06] Sweetheart
[07] Bad Decisions
[08] Puppy Love
[09] Mean Antics
[10] A Hoe Never Gets Cold
[11] Speak of the Slut
[12] Sam Fucking Rivers
[13] Baby Girl
[14] You're Broken
[15] Humanity Sucks
[16] You're Literally Crazy
[17] Just Boy Stuff
[18] Stop Hurting
[19] The Eden Thing
[20] Beyond Repair
[21] Higher Than a Kite
[22] No Sluts Invited
[23] My Safe Haven
[24] Friends
[25] Arden is Gone
[26] Pretty Boy
[27] Heart of a Devil
[28] Good Girl
[29] Repressed Emotions
[30] I Love You
[31] Blurred Lines
[32] Damaged Goods
[33] Ruin Me
[34] Falling For Boys
[35] Heartless Heartbreaker
[36] Bully Eden Day
[37] I Fucked Up
[38] Lakyn's Girl
[39] I've Got You
[40] Good Obedient Girl
[41] Ever Since Eden
[42] A Mouth Full Of Lakyn
[43] Daddy Lakyn
[44] Nothing But Trouble
[45] Goodbye
[46] You Hate Me
[47] I Love Him
[48] I Want You
[49] Unfuck You
[50] Don't Be Childish
[51] I Missed You
[52] Little School Girl
[54] The Distance
[55] Trouble in Paradise
[56] The Broken Girl
[57] The Last Time
[58] Hard Nights
[59] Devil Incarnation
[60] All Alone Again
[61] Fucking Lakyn
[62] Truth or Dare
[63] I Killed Him
[64] You Loved Her
[65] Withdrawal
[66] Poor Eden
[67] It Happened Again
[68] What Did You Do
[69] Always You
[70] The Goodbye Part
Epilogue
Authors Note

[53] The Kian Thing

29.2K 752 1.3K
By sharnahespinosa

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

ALL THANKS TO my boyfriend, I was late for the first time in history today. I woke up naturally, but he refused to let me get up, keeping his strong arms around me, claiming that I had to go back to bed with him. I ended up caving in and going back to sleep, not because he wanted me to, but because I technically still had two hours left before I had to actually be there.

I awoke several hours later to the violent sound of my phone vibrating against the surface of Lakyn's nightstand. I answered, immediately getting Eden's prying questions, asking specifically about my whereabouts, though, for the most part, she was just worried that I was bailing again.

I got up immediately after, tossing Lakyn's uniform on the bed, then slipping into mine. I felt as though I resembled a zombie, huddling into my school skirt, rushing to do up my buttons, his sleepy blue eyes watching as I buckled my heels.

He looked starving, but not for food. In fact, he made it more than apparent that his breakfast resonated between my legs, I almost gave in for the sole reason that his morning voice was so effortlessly raspy and attractive, but attending school was far more important than what Lakyn intended on doing.

We arrived at school, awkwardly having to wait as the guards pried open the gates—seeing as the minute that the bell goes, the gates shut—then, we were sent directly to the office. Principle Vanderbilt let us off with ease, saying that he will let it slip this once, but stating it cannot happen again. I knew that Lakyn would have gotten in more trouble if I were not there to accompany him.

Lakyn went on to his English class, meanwhile, I continued on to home economics with Miss Kloss. I rushed in, ignoring the deceitful glare that I was receiving from the middle-aged woman with auburn hair and an interesting taste in clothing.

I went to sit in my usual seat, but of course, another class member took my spot, despite knowing that it practically belonged to me. After sending her a harsh glare, I sat at the only free seat. The seating arrangements in this class consisted of several tables which were wide, but only seat two.

"Miss Steele," the teacher spoke up in her brittle voice. "could you please fill Miss Hayes in on what the class is doing this lesson, seeing as she suddenly lacks punctuality."

She is incredibly lucky that I value my education.

I turned to my table partner, surprised to see Sabine Steele, the girl whom I met in the office last week after my argument with Blaire, happy to see that I did not have to do my work next to one of the many students in the class whom smell as though they had not showered in weeks, and Juliette Maxwell, god, do not even get me started with her. 

She lost her reputation the moment that she got caught eating someone else's gum which had been previously stuck to the bottom of the table in the cafeteria. Rumor has it, she still does it to this day.

Sabine nodded before turning to me, a pretty smile on her glossy lips. "Miss Kloss has instructed us to—and I quote—capture the essence of the latest fashion trends in one item of clothing." she explained, putting on a terrible American accent when quoting our teacher. "So, better get designing." she feigned a cheery voice.

Despite her faux American accent being awful, I admired how easily she could switch from her distinct British accent to another.

I snorted, opening my sketchbook as I titled the millionth page. "She knows absolutely nothing about the latest trends, I mean look at her." I spoke in disgust, offering the woman a brief glance.

Sabine snorted also. "Right?" she said in a hushed tone. "Floral and tiger print. It's a big no from me."

I laughed along, looking awake quickly when Miss Kloss sent us a pointed look. "So, whereabouts in the UK are you from?" I made conversation as I scribbled down a few dot points describing recent fashion trends, so that I could figure out a sly way to incorporate them together.

"London." she responded with a smile. "My father lives there, but I decided to move here, to live with my mother and finish my last year of school here rather than in London."

I nodded, my mouth forming an 'o' shape. "Is it nice there?" 

She shrugged. "Mundane." was her brief response. "I'm sure you would love it, but I lived there all my life, so to me, it is just ordinary."

I get it. I am sure that foreigners would adore the scenery of which Dayton Lakes withholds; the tall emerald forest trees, the large lake, and long windy streets, the ancient buildings, and lack of infrastructure. Our town is simple, old-fashioned, but simple.

"Why? Are you interested in traveling there?" Sabine continued to ask.

I nodded, my thoughts subsiding. "Not necessarily. I am moving there at the end of Summer break to attend college." I explained, my serotonin levels rising just from the mentioning of my future. "Believe it or not, I did not take this class just because it was the only good elective."

Though, I will admit, it was the only good one. But I did still choose it because of my passion for the subject.

"Believe it or not I didn't either." she replied surprising me, sliding her sketchbook over to me, gesturing for me to look. "I'm actually planning on going to the London College of Fashion once I graduate. I more so want to thrive in the photography aspect, you know. . .capturing the art, the models, etcetera."

Interesting.

I could not help but feel excited that I have officially found someone whom shares some common interests with me.

I nodded, skimming through the detailed pages of her book. If her photography skills are half as good as the designs placed on these worn pages, then I am sure that she is incredibly talented. "Impressive." I responded, gawking at her art. "My boyfriend is into photography, though I have never actually seen his work. I think he believes that it is lame." I quoted him.

Sabine nodded, gladly taking her book back as I slid it back over. "Oh, Lakyn Westbrook, right?" she asked and I nodded, just the sound of his name making me happy. "Yeah, he's in my photography class. Never shows his work, but from what I've seen—which is little—he is really talented."

I smiled at her kind words. "I'm sure he would really appreciate that."

Sabine shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "Actually, I disagree. I complimented him once and he basically laughed in my face and then proceeded to tell me that my work was—and I quote—fucking terrible."

My eyes widened, guilt piling up in my chest. "I am so sorry." I apologized for my blunt boyfriend. "He does not really know how to take compliments from people, he thinks that they are lying. I am sure that he did not mean it."

She laughed me off. "No worries."

We then proceeded to spend the lesson doing barely any work and mostly talking about our shared love for fashion. I find it interesting that whilst I love the fashion itself and designing it, she adores capturing the essence of the fashion itself and getting others to perceive it the way that she does.

It felt good to talk to someone whom was not interested in my boyfriend or my money or the secrets that I obtain. She only cared about me as a person. 

Once the bell rung, we exited the classroom hastily, following behind the other students whom were desperate to get to lunch.

Sabine walked with me to my locker, seeing as hers was practically next to mine. Just as I slammed my locker door shut, a group of boys walked over, all of them extremely attractive, though nothing compared to Lakyn, of course.

"Hey, Sab." a muscular boy with piercing green eyes and bronzed skin spoke as he slung an arm around her shoulders. 

She grinned up at him and just by the love-sick stare that they were offering each other, I could tell that they were deeply in love. "Elliot," she pecked his cheek, turning to me with a toothy grin. "this is Lila. Lila, this is my boyfriend Elliot."

I forced a smile, but remained silent for I was sure that he already knew who I was. 

"Lakyn's girl?" one of the other boys said. This one was by far better looking than the others. He was dark-skinned, his features flawlessly sculpted to perfection, a beauty mark above his top lip whilst his almost black hair was cropped, the little amount styled upwards.

I nodded. "In the flesh." I grinned. "Though, I do have a name." I stated rather sourly.

"Yeah. Lila." the dark-haired boy replied with a knowing smile. It was contagious. "I'm Camden." once announcing his name, I recognized him instantly.

Fellow lacrosse player, of course. I think that he is one of the few people on the team whom Lakyn actually somewhat, dare I say, likes. Hence Lakyn clearly informing Camden that I was indeed taken. Or maybe he simply knew—not to sound self-conceived—because we have practically been the talk of the school since returning.

All everyone has been speaking about it how they had never expected us two to end up together, seeing as we once despised each other and the ground that we walked on, but just as people did not expect us to be together, others expected it just as much. We clashed because we were so alike, so hurt and angry at the world, we fought because we always knew that we were fighting something off that was truthfully inevitable.

Speaking of the devil, I thought, as I felt his familiar hands place themselves on my waist. "There you are." I tilted my head back, staring up at the boy with his usual scowl apparent on his face.

After Lakyn offered Camden a curt nod, Sabine waved me goodbye and left with her boyfriend and two friends. I only met her a week ago and I did not pay attention to her friend group ever until now, mostly because I had never seen her friends. Quite honestly, I thought that she was one of those girls that just keep to themselves and sit alone, but clearly, she is more into being friends with the opposing gender.

"You're friends with Sabrina now?" Lakyn asked and though he got her name incorrect, I internally praised him for actually being close.

I nodded. "Sabine." I corrected him and he rolled his eyes, leaning on the locker next to mine. "And yes. I suppose I am."

He nodded, seeming to not really care, when the sound of my phone vibrating sounded. I furrowed my eyebrows, grasping my phone out of the pocket of my skirt. An intense wave of confusion rushed over me as I stared at the name being portrayed on the screen.

Maybe I should have declined the call, but my curiosity was too strong, so I answered, holding the phone to my ear, Lakyn's expression much like mine; confused. "Lilac?" his distinct voice sounded through the speaker.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I felt my blood run cold. "Yes?" I gulped; all my saliva evaporated as my veins flooded with angst.

My father cleared his throat. "Are you busy? I can call you back." he suggested.

A sense of comfort saved me as I stared down at our interlaced hands, then staring up at his blank face. I loved how perfectly our hands molded together, the small gesture providing me with an immense amount of security, safety. An amount unable to be described with words.

It just felt good.

"I am busy." I lied. I was in fact just preparing to head to the cafeteria. "But what is it?" I queried. "Is something wrong?" I tried to conceal the fear in my voice, but it was useless.

Ever since the day that I returned home to gather some items from my bedroom where we then had an argument, the both of us—especially him—saying some unforgivable and hurtful things, we have not spoken. Not once. And I told myself that I was okay with it, because honestly, for a while I was.

The most toxic person in my life was gone and like a once captive bird eventually set free, I felt unbound. Untied

But as time furthers, I have found myself wishing that he could just be the father that I wished he would be. He is here, living and breathing, as am I. Our mutual lover is gone. I just wish that we could appreciate each other's presence whilst it is real, but unfortunately, I do not think that is a possibility.

God, I just wish that I had a father. A loving one. One that just wanted me to be happy. But with age, I am coming to realize that some people—both good or bad—do not have the privilege of having a parent that cares deeply. Whilst you can take that burden, you can also grow from it, and be better, do better. And not for them, but for yourself.

"I contacted the chancellor of Yale." he began and I groaned, already preparing myself to hang up. "I explained that you were a legacy and he is more than willing to have you on campus once you graduate."

My eyes bored into Lakyn's worried ones as I shook my head in disappointment. "No." I spoke through gritted teeth. "Thank you for that opportunity, but I am sure that my spot would be far more appreciated by someone whom actually wants to attend there."

"Christ, Lilac." he stressed, his tone rising rapidly. "All I have ever wanted was for you to go to Yale. To set up a good life for yourself, financially."

My eyes welled with tears as I diverted my gaze down to my black heels. "I have to go." I chewed on the inside of my cheek. "Thank you for calling, but unless you actually care about me and not what I can do for you, please do not call again."

And with that, I hung up, and just as I did so, my heart shattered again.

I locked my phone, shoving it back into my pocket. But I had to remind myself that I was still at school, meaning that I still had to hold myself together.

It will be okay, I reassured myself.

"You should get a fucking restraining order on that cunt." Lakyn spoke angrily, holding my hand tightly as we slowly made our way to the cafeteria.

Do not tempt me.

***

After school, I had intended on getting into the passenger seat of Lakyn's car, heading home directly, and then curling up beneath the covers and pretending that nothing is wrong. But the reality is, so much is wrong. Maybe my problems are not as significant as they once were, but they are still valid, nonetheless.

But, unfortunately, Lakyn has practice today, as does Hale, which means that like most days, I have to sit back for almost two hours and await him to finish. But, thankfully, Hale is Eden's ride, so she sits with me on the bleachers. Some days Sam picks her up, but usually, she feels bad for leaving me behind watching, so I have company.

Seeing Lakyn in his uniform was a sight, as was him running around the field—most times shirtless—with sweat tainting his forehead. It was a sight that I would never get bored of, but today I just really did not want to here. 

"Has Lakyn said much to you?" Eden sounded from next to me where we stood on the third row of the bleachers. "You know. . .about the Kian thing."

My eyes unintentionally shifted over to where Lakyn stood in his green shorts and thin coordinating shirt, lacrosse stick in hand as he used his free hand to brush his blonde locks out of his eyes. He looked over to me, a wide smile curling at the corners of his lips as he waved.

I smiled back, watching him closely as I shrugged. "Of course. He tells me everything." I spoke solemnly, but I would be lying if I were to say that there was not a small speck of me that thought otherwise. "Hale?"

Eden shook her head, clicking her tongue as she offered him a brief glance. "He's been. . .quiet." her voice sounded small. I knew that she was having second thoughts too. "All I know is that they're in the clear. For now. But I don't know, it just makes me nervous. Is that weird?"

I shook my head, my blonde hair sweeping behind my shoulder blades. "No, not at all." I replied truthfully. "I almost killed Lakyn when we got home. But he explained everything and I trust him."

Eden sent me a pointed look, raising one of her dark brows. "What did he say?" she pried, though considering the circumstances, it was understandable. "If you don't mind me asking."

What did he really say?

Well, truthfully, he was really cold at the beginning. Sam had to drive to Dayton Academy and pick us up, seeing as I no longer have a car of my own, and mine and Eden's rides were gone. When we arrived at the police station, we rushed inside. Sam wanted to come inside, claiming that he could help, but the both of us insisted that he stayed in the car.

We waltzed inside, sitting down on two of the many cold black chairs. It was surprisingly vacant that afternoon, though I surprise that it is not surprising at all considering that Dayton Lakes has been a crime-free town until recently. That is one of the many reasons that people love it here.

Thirty-minutes, more or less, passed before the two walked out. Hale kept his spirits high, walking out with a proud smile, as though he had just done something heroic. Lakyn, per usual, looked cold. Stone cold. His glacial eyes piercing through me, his head held high and shoulders squared.

They both remained silent, other than them greeting us. Lakyn wrapping an arm around me and pecking the side of my head. Sam drove us back to the school, so that we could locate our cars and get back home.

Once Lakyn and I got into his car and began the short drive home, we sat in painful silence. I had millions of questions awaiting to be thrown at him and he just remained silent, knowing that this was not something of which I would just ignore.

He got escorted out of the school, for goodness sake. In front of the entire student body. Rumors spread like wild-fire the moment that they passed through those double doors. Did they kill Arden? Did they make him disappear? Did they confess?

But, thankfully, rumors are rumors for a reason. They are false.

Once entering Lakyn's bedroom, the questions were unveiled as I insisted on answers immediately. I asked what happened, why he did not inform me that he was leaving—he had the opportunity when stating that he had something to handle—and if he is okay.

Of course, he answered the questions back to front. He said that he was okay, he also claimed that he did not tell me about his intentions earlier because he knew that I would try and stop him, which was true. I would have told him just to stay out of it unless it is necessary that he intervenes.

Then, last of all, what happened.

Apparently, that day at school specifically, Hale and Lakyn made a pact that they would speak to the sheriff regarding the blood samples. As I have now learned, the officers involved with the investigation have multiple confidential theories in regard to the blood samples. Hale and Lakyn had supposedly discussed that they would go on the weekend, but once seeing sheriff Rivers roaming the halls, preparing to continue the locker search, they decided to go for it.

They told Eden's father that they knew more about that night then they had let on originally and that they were more involved with Arden at the party. The prolonged case was in desperate need of witnesses, so they took the boys in immediately.

Lakyn said that he tried to keep it brief, but detailed enough to get him out of trouble all whilst managing to solve the mystery as to why his blood was found near Arden Roson's, as well as Kian's near his bedroom door.

Lakyn and Hale explained that Arden had been mistreating an unknown girl at the party, someone whom they did not recognize, so when they tried to confront him upstairs, a brawl erupted, causing Lakyn's knuckles to shed blood and Hale's too, as well as the red wine-like substance which left Arden's nose. . .and jaw, and cheek, and lip. But clearly, they purposely left that part out, saying that it was only a few self-defensive punches.

The part which makes me suspicious is that amidst all of that and the past all of us have in relation to Kian Carrington, he still backed up their story and solemnly insisted that he had gotten into a fight with some random drunk earlier in the evening, heading up to his best friends room with a bloody nose, when he found the two fighting with Arden.

The boys could have been in serious trouble if Kian had not insisted that he saw them leave the room and Arden was still there and alive.

Why Kian decided after tormenting them and me, especially, to put them in the clear is a mystery that I cannot solve myself. Lakyn said that Kian was just scared because he was doing something terrible that night, he was an accessory to rape, so obviously he wants to cover his tracks if that means covering Lakyn and Hale's too.

Their story—well, Lakyn's—makes sense, but if you think about it too hard, there are gaps that just cannot quite be filled, but he promised me that Kian was just, and I quote, a 'scared little pussy' and he finally realized that regardless of whom he thinks killed Arden, he cannot pin it on my boyfriend for he is practically untouchable, but Kian on the other hand. . .

The sound of coach Walker blowing his whistle obnoxiously loud pulled me from my thoughts when I realized that Eden was still awaiting my answer, though even she had seemed to let her thoughts consume her for a moment too.

"Lakyn said that they wrote statements explaining the somewhat false version as to why their blood was found in Arden's room." I explained briefly. "Why they only decided to do so now, I do not know, but they are no longer on that suspect board, so I really do not care, as long as they are safe."

Eden nodded, her dark brown hair blowing as a breeze of wind swept through her locks. "You're right." she exhaled dramatically. "They're safe. That's all that matters."

I nodded, offering her a reassuring smile. "Do you not trust Hale?" I dared to ask.

After her past with Boston, I understand why she would not trust easily, but if you love someone, that almost means that you trust them too. I mean, you cannot genuinely love someone if you do not completely trust them. And by the constant sorrow-filled stares that Eden has been offering Hale since beginning this conversation and the worry apparent in her wavering tone, I can sense that something about this entire situation is causing her to not trust him entirely.

"I do." she insisted, but still, I was not convinced.

I nudged her playfully, wishing that Hale would just come over here and give her the validation that she needs. "You can trust him." I put emphasis on my words. "I have known that boy my entire life and never once has he lied to me."

She smiled a small smile. "You're right."

"I am always right."

Eden chuckled, rolling her eyes before preparing to change the subject. "Okay, so. I was thinking about what you said the other day in the library and maybe it would be a good idea to go away for my birthday." she said with a happy smile and my eyes lit up. "I don't really care where it is, it doesn't even have to be somewhere nice, but I need to get out of this damn town. Even if it's only for the weekend."

I shrieked, excitement flooding through me as I did a little happy dance. "Of course. We can leave Friday night or Saturday—"

"Friday night is best." she cut me off and I furrowed my eyebrows when seeing how eager that she suddenly was. "What? I'm just really excited."

I cocked an eyebrow, folding my arms across my chest. "Why the sudden change of heart?" I pressed, squinting my eyes as I analyzed her closely. "You went from Melrose's to a mini vacation."

"I just think we all have catching up to do. Besides, this town sucks." she chuckled toward the end of her sentence and I followed.

I nodded. "Fair enough." I decided. "Well, I am sure that we can find somewhere better than here. It'll be fun."

Eden nodded in agreement as we stood up, seeing at the practice was coming to a close, everyone gathering their gear. "Almost anywhere is better than here."

"Precisely." I snorted.

We descended the thin row of stairs traveling down the center of the bleachers, stepping onto the grass. I cringed as my heels dug into the soft green grass near the spray-painted outline where the lacrosse field resonates.

Lakyn jogged over to us, hair sticky as he panted. Once reaching us, he grabbed the bottom of his shirt, using it to wipe the sweat from his face, exposing his defined torso, the thin layer of sweat glistening beneath the almost setting sun.

"I've just gotta get my bag. We'll shower at home." he insisted and I nodded. "You okay?"

I nodded, smiling. "Perfect." I responded when Hale made his way over too, panting. "Eden wants to go away for her birthday weekend."

Hale seemed as equally surprised as I was, meanwhile Lakyn seemed slightly irritated. "Why?" he asked distastefully. "We should just do something here."

I glared at him, shaking my head. "No. The soon to be birthday girl gets what the soon to be birthday girl wants." I pointed a finger at him. "No objections."

Lakyn rolled his eyes, smiling slightly before heading into the locker room to retrieve his bag alongside Hale and I found myself feeling quite excited.

The past eighteen years have been a living hell and maybe this weekend, though it will only be two days, could possibly be the break that I need. Getting away from this toxic town with the three most important people to me.

Besides, I already have a place in mind, and though the last time that we were there Lakyn tossed me in the chillingly cold water, I cannot help but imagine how splendid it will be to sunbathe on the sand alongside him, swimming in the water and actually enjoying flavored sorbet now that my biggest priority is not my weight.

hi everyone!

i hope that you enjoyed this chapter, it's just a filler, so i apologise if it was a little boring. butttt be prepared for the next chapter because it's going to be fun and cute. one last horah.

i published this last night, but apparently no one could view it and no one was being notified, so I unpublished it and published it again, so for the people who are confused, there we go :) wattpad really gets to get their stuff together.

please remember to vote, comment, and follow me, as well as read 'running for miles' by Gemma_Grace_ for eden's pov.

anyways, i love you all. see you soon

p.s go follow my new writing account @sharnahespinosa for lakyn and lila pictures 🥰🥰

p.p.s what do you think of the newest secondary character sabine steele? i kind love her ngl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 21 34
Seventeen-year-old high school graduate, Jessica has her life sprawling out of control until she meets a stranger who has her lonely heart beating in...
3.1M 76.8K 40
Loneliness is nothing new to Elena Kinsley. She had to grow up pretty quickly when her dad left her to work abroad, and she's taken care of herself...
472 7 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
7.6M 173K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...