My Only One

By exxangel

Chanyeol the mystery guy, has a huge crush on Byun Baekhyun, the school's heartthrob unknown to the fact that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1.
Welcome Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3.
🌸 Congratulations CHEN 🌸
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
CH 9
Send Off 🌹
CH 10.
CH 11
CH 12
CH 13
CH 14.
CH 15
CH 16
CH 17
CH 18
CH 19
CH 20
CH 21
CH 22
CH 23.
CH 24.
CH 25
CH 26
CH 27
CH 28
CH 29.
CH 30.
CH 32.
CH 33.
CH 34
CH 35
CH 36
CH 37.
CH 38.
CH 39.
CH 40.
CH 41
CH 42
Send Off 🌹
CH 43
CH 44
CH 45
CH 46.
CH 47
CH 48.
CH 49.
CH 50.
CH 51.
CH 52
CH 53.
CH 54.
CH 55 [ THE END ]

CH 31

782 45 117
By exxangel

Dedicating thid Chapter to all my Readers. Also Thankyou for 7K Reads 🌹

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Baekhyun's Pov :

My whole body was hugged by a warm blanket. It was so warm and it was so fluffy that I snuggled into it more. It was the most comfortable and serene I've ever felt in my whole life. I never wish to part from such warmth. I could stay here forever.

I inhaled the sweet sweet minty scent which enveloped my nostrils, liking it around me and which felt quite familiar.

I purred as the warmth pulled me closer and that's when I came back to my senses.

Gradually opening my eyes I heard soft breathing behind me and felt an arm wrapped protectively around me. My vision was still a little hazy as I struggled to adjust to the lightning. I lazily whirled around as carefully and as quietly as feasible so that I would not disturb the sleeping angel.

[ This is not ChanBaek but YiZhan. I found it really cute and it also matches the scene I want to potray. So I pasted it here. You can imagine them as CB]

When the view before me got cleared, my whole body melted in that warmth who was lying peacefully not even once loosening his hold. I stare at his handsome face, his dark lashes, his thin nose, his lush red lips, and his sharp jawline. His honey-colored skin made him look even more enchanting than most humans around me. Tilting my face forward I pecked his smooth cheeks, my lips moving towards his chin leaving a peck there, and lastly on the corner of his mouth. I felt so contemptible to just graze my fingers through his hairs, moving a few strands aside to leave a soft peck over his forehead as well.

Sighing, I just lean back and watch him. How much I've missed his stunning self, that I was yearning to see again. Don't know when it all started, but Chanyeol's presence has become an important role in my life. It just felt right, so right to be by his side again to lay in his arms and forget the outwardly struggles and painful experiences.

After a few minutes of just watching and kissing every part of his face once again, I felt Chanyeol stir, and my first instinct was to move a bit back to give him space and adjust to his surrounding and me, but unexpectedly when he opens his eyes, the first thing he does his pull me closer and descend pulpy lips over mine in a sweet liplock. I was stunned at first, and let him do whatever he wants but my cravings just betrayed me. Closing my eyes, I responded back as well. We embraced our lips in a small innocent kiss. It was a soft kiss, but the way he locked our hands and took a hold of my neck was so tender that I almost lost all my sanity. I moaned as a wet muscle grazed over my lower lips which made me gasp and pull apart.

We stared at each other once again, but this time it felt like everything around us had frozen and that only we exist, and I truly wished for the time to stop so that we could stay like this forever.

But wishes don't last long, and what he said next brought me back to reality.

"Who did this?" His question caught me off guard as I frowned. Noticing my confusion, his fingers hovered over my cheeks and simply grazed over the swollen part making me wince. Shit! Flinching I pulled away from his touch and sat up straight with a lot of struggling. With a panicked mind, I tried to rack my brain to come up with a good excuse but gosh! why didn't I hide it before coming here!

"I asked you something" I gulped trying to smile, as his stern voice reached my eardrums. Oh god, what should I do?

"I sleepwalked and hit the wall!" Pinching my eyes shut I cursed myself mentally. WTF!

"Oh well, the wall did a very amazing job slapping you so hard that you got your lips split"

Before I could come up with a more believable explanation I felt his hand over my elbow and slowly I was turned to face him.

His finger grazed over my swollen cheek again, I expected a good scolding and too many questions but what I didn't expect was for his warm lips to replace his fingers. I inhaled sharply as I felt his hands intertwined with mine and his soft breathing to match with my own.

"Relax, I won't ask you if you are not ready to tell me" His voice was calm and so soothing that I want to cry. What did I do to deserve just a gentle soul? "Let's work on healing it first. Wait here I will bring an Ice pack to treat it"

Saying that he left me on the bed and walked towards his small mini-fridge. Meanwhile, I fished out my phone and opened my message box.

Me: Kyungsoo, I will be there in an hour. I still have some work to do.

My phone tinged when I quickly received his message back.

Kyungsoo: No problem, Sehun is resting anyway and I've few errands to run. Let's meet in an hour then"

Baekhyun: Okay See you.

Switching my phone off I put it aside and that's when Chanyeol came back with an Ice pack. I took it from his hands and applied it as gently as I can. I didn't even feel anything until Chanyeol pointed it out to me. Not to blame me I was too used to injuries but this time it really stings badly. I swear when I meet that bastard again I'm gonna give him a punch harder than this.

"Does it hurt bad?"

Shifting my eyes towards Chanyeol once again my eyes softened, and I replied back with a smile. "No, just a bit stinging. Don't worry Chanyeol, it's nothing to worry about"

He was about to say something but stopped before his lips formed into a thin line as a frown marred his face. He opened his mouth again and looked at me in the eye. His gaze was firm but there was no coldness. Instead, I find it warm and relaxing.

"If there is something you feel like sharing, you know I'm always here Baekhyun"

I bit my lips to prevent myself from blabbering everything this instant but I can't and I won't bring Chanyeol in my mess. He was innocent and unaware of the dark side of me and its fine like that. I didn't ask him about the attack that man was talking about but I know Chanyeol still has no clue about me knowing about it. He should never find out.

"I know and I'm grateful about that Yeol"

He nods and sighs, stroking my head slowly, watching me amused as I wince and let out a string of curses. I hear him chuckle and get up from his kneeling position as he walks towards the drawers. I watched him confused as he rummaged through them and walked back towards me and sat beside me again.

"Turn around" I did as he said and faced him completely. He unclasped the cap of the tube and took some ointment on his finger and to my surprise, dabbed it gently over my split lips. Ouch! It hurts. My eyes teared, fist-clenching as I let him apply some of the medicine. "I'm sorry, just bear a bit more" I struggled to nod and gulp the bitter pain until he was done. He brushed a few strands away and stroked my head again before smiling. "Good Baby"

I felt my cheeks getting warm at the word 'Baby'. Why does he have to attack me like that! My mind cried out and my heart was about to melt. How can he say something like this, so naturally!

Clearing my throat, I looked away and pretended to attend my swollen cheek while he went back to put the medicine where it was before.

"Does it still hurt? Your cheek, does it still sting?" He asked voice laced with deep worry and concern etched on his face.

Shaking my head, I gave him a reassuring smile. "It's good now, at least better than before. I told you there is nothing too much to worry"

He was about to retort when suddenly there was a knock on the door. Chanyeol frowned while I carefully accessed his expressions.

"Did you invite someone?" I asked.

"No, let me see" Saying that he quickly made his way towards his door and opened it revealing it was no one. Not a single soul.

Frowning, I walked towards Chanyeol and observed as he stood frozen in his place. When I got closer there was something in his hand. As soon as his lips moved, his shoulders slumped down while his fist tightly clutched the doorknob.

"What's wrong?"

Moving forward I saw a glimpse of something but before I could see it clearly Chanyeol turned around startling me. He stared at me blankly and replied in a quiet voice.

"Nothing. There are some kids around the neighborhood. Few of them might have tricked me. Come, let's go back I will make you some tea"

Not questioning him further, we walked inside again as he went towards the counter and started preparing tea meanwhile my mind went back towards his weird behavior. What's with Chanyeol?

Thinking back again, I didn't ask Chanyeol about him being attacked because there was no way he had any idea it was because of me and it would be too suspicious. Also, he would have too many questions which I'm not ready to answer.

I've never asked Chanyeol about his life after he escaped from his parent's clutches nor did I force anything out of him.

He has been a diligent, very smart student, his reputation has always been well, and there is not one bad thing mentioned about his background.

Even Jongdae, who is the closest to Chanyeol never once said anything about him that could hint at something bad.

Maybe, he is a bit mysterious but there was not one bone which gives away the aura of 'danger danger'

What are you thinking Baekhyun? You are doubting Chanyeol now? Are you insane!

Chanyeol is so sweet, So caring, So thoughtful. He is not a Bad Guy.

Shaking away all the thoughts and doubts I dismissed them away one by one.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Chanyeol's Pov :

"Tell me more about this masked man"

I asked the person behind the phone while my eyes stayed rooted over the envelope which now was ripped as few snapshots lay scattered before me, which I found just a few minutes ago hung over my doorknob.

The photos contain a cafe and few men in black surrounding it with one familiar and an unfamiliar man sitting on the table seem busy in some kind of discussion. The pictures weren't that clear but it was enough for me to hunt that person down.

"He is just a pawn of the real gamer. Someone who was just ordered to play around a bit" The person replied back but my heart wasn't at ease.

"What type of game?" I picked up another photo and skimmed it with my sharp eyes.

"To distract the victim,...Manipulating and causing mental grief"

My fingers clenched at a certain photo where the man in the mask pointed a gun at the teenager.

"Did he succeed?" Judging by the silence on the other hand I thought I got my answer until I heard him speak again.

"Almost...." Immediately, I felt my throat become dry. "Something unexpected happened....You do have the photos right?"

"Hm, tell me more" I skimmed through the rest and one specific, no not just one but there were few more which caught my eye unconsciously, making me clenched my phone tightly as if I would break it any second.

"Calm down, don't act recklessly now. If you do have the photos then you must have already seen it. The jade necklace; which you lost when you fled from the Orphanage is in their hands!"

"Doesn't matter..." I heard the said person scoffing as I picked up another photo which made my blood boil. "This masked man....where can I find him?"

"Are you kidding me? They have your necklace so guess it already that they know about you and would even try to harm you! You must be careful and stay a bit low. Why are you....wait are you even listening to me!"

"Tell me Luhan Hyung, where will I find this person..." My voice sounded breathless with an icy edge to it, enough for Luhan Hyung to get my point.

- Luhan
- 22 Years Old
- Hacker

I heard him sigh and before I could repeat again he sighed loudly in a more dramatic manner. "I GET IT! I know why you want this person ...But are you sure? It's freaking Risky!"

Pinching my eyes shut, I exhaled slowly. I wasn't sure about anything more than this. With a determined and deep voice, I replied.

"Yes"

"Alright, Breathe....I get it. I will send you the details but be careful"

My phone beeped as I only glanced at it once and took in the little details about this masked man. I felt my lips forming into a dangerous smirk as I got up from my previous position and walked towards the door.

"Are you sure, these are the exact details? No mistake did"

My phone beeped again and this time I smiled thinly as I stepped out.

"I'm the best hacker anyone could have and our men even tailed him. I am never wrong you know that. Be careful Loey. This ring is dangerous" He texted.

I stared at the wall blankly, my thoughts taking me back to Baekhyun's swollen cheek, his painful winces. His shattered expression as he took hold of the pendant. The little amount of fear as the man pointed the gun at him and also the tears of exhaustion he shed as he fell in my embrace.

I typed back and set out for my destination.

"They should worry about themselves"

Park Chanyeol confident much? Nah!

Park Loey?

Hell Yeah!

🌹🌹🌹

Baekhyun's Pov :

"You have been glaring at that Wall since an hour already"

Snapping back from my thoughts I came back to reality and sighed. Stroking Sehun's hair who was sleeping soundly I noticed his once pale cheeks have found its color back once he was dismissed from the Hospital.

"Kyungsoo do you think a person has more to him than it seems? I mean what if they only show us what they want to and not something that we want them to show us"

I didn't look up but I felt the other side of the bed dipped and a hand swatted my hand away.

"Are you talking about yourself?" He deadpanned meanwhile I threw a pillow at him.

"Be serious!"

Rolling his eyes he gave me a thoughtful look. "Why are you asking it suddenly? Are you doubting someone?"

With a sigh, I took the glass of water and sipped some of it. "Not really, just curious"

"Hmm, sometimes knowing more than what we should know can be painful. Maybe for you, it would be a matter of trust if a person would open up more than you expect him to be but sometimes if they hid something from you, then for him, its might be a matter of safety, maybe they also hide things so that you won't be hurt"

I take in his words carefully and rewind the few incidents with Chanyeol. I trust him and want him to trust me as well but maybe that something he is hiding from me might hurt me or I won't be able to take it? Is what I'm thinking, right? Should I just forget it and move on?

"If you actually have doubt then go and clear it yourself like you always do. Why are you even asking in the first place" He muttered, which made me bite my tongue.

How should I tell you it's not just a random person. What if Chanyeol finds out and breaks up with me? NO! And what if it's actually something which I won't like at all?

With another sigh, I got up and informed him about meeting Grandma downstairs. He nodded and I simply took off.

Reaching downstairs I walked towards the left corridor and came face to face with Grandma's Office. I stood there staring at it blankly before finally taking the courage to knock. I don't know why I was so nervous, it's just Grandma.

When the door opens, Grandma's secretary smiles at me and lets me pass inside before existing herself out. Closing the door behind her I turned around and walked towards where Grandma was seated beside her huge window which gave a clear view of their Garden.

As soon as she heard me she shifted her attention towards me and smiled. "Baekhyun, thank you for being here. Sehun, my boy is lucky to have you and Kyungsoo"

I waved my hand and sat down. "Grandma, you are making Baekhyun sad with all these thanks and sorry. Sehun is our friend, but more than that a brother. There is no need for formalities. We are a family"

Nodding her head, she just smiled softly to herself before clearing her throat. "What brought you here. Is something the matter?"

I hesitated before opening my mouth. "Umm, don't take it too hard but if you don't mind I want to ask you about Sehun's real parents"

Her smile slowly started to fade while she dimmed all the brightness away. She opened and closed her mouth a few times before pulling down her specs and rubbing her eyes. "Why do you suddenly ask? What's the matter?"

"Grandma, you are aware of Sehun being attacked in the hospital aren't you?"

I was cut halfway as her sharp voice reached my ears.

"Do you doubt that they must have something to do with what happened to Sehun in the hospital?"

I frowned and smiled thinly. "Please help me to clear my doubts if you know that as well"

Grandma was a frail lady but an appearance can't help you judge a person. She was a very smart lady who raised Sehun and protected him after his adoptive parents died in a car crash. Apparently, it wasn't just a car crash. I raised a brow as she sat still without wavering her gaze from me. She can read me well because as soon as she averted her eyes down I smirked. Well, caught you.

"Grandma, secrets can't stay hidden for a long time. It isn't healthy for an old lady like you. You are not always going to protect Sehun. He has to grow up and leave you behind someday"

I know my words aren't good for her weak heart but she has to come back and face reality.

"Those Bastards killed my daughter and my son in law. Oh, HaeSoo my Daughter and Oh Yeonseok my son in Law were the real parents of Sehun. When he was too young my daughter left him with her husband's brother Oh Chang Min and Oh Mina who promised to take care of Sehun until my daughter and Son return back from their Business trip. Suddenly there was news everywhere that both of them were killed while returning back. I was devastated but I couldn't do much because those bastards took Sehun in their custody and hid him in their mansion and even hid everything about his real parents. Later, Sehun's Grandpa who found the horrible deeds they did to Sehun, immediately took action and took Sehun away as his influence among the people was greater than both of his sons. After Sehun's Grandpa died I...they wanted to take Sehun back....I couldn't ...."

"So you killed them?" Silence echoes in the empty room while I stay seated completely out of words.

"They made arrangements to take Sehun away with them and control his life. My grandson would have died if they had him for the second time. The medical reports prove it that they even drugged him a few times just for their fun. They wanted Sehun's property a puppet in their control who would work for them. I couldn't just let my only daughter's flesh to die in those hands of Bastards. I don't regret it because I did it for Sehun or they would have...."

"No..." I cut her midway as she did to me before. "You did it for yourself" I stare at her blankly as she looks quite taken aback. "You took revenge for your daughter, nothing that for Sehun. Stop lying and assuring yourself about it because this is the bitter truth. It's true though that you care about Sehun you love him but it isn't true that your only intention was to save him but was to take your revenge from them who killed your only daughter"

"Baekhyun..." She started but I shook my head and didn't let her continue further.

"Tell me more about them"

"Those Bastards had a 23-year-old son who was treated really well by them. They sent him to study abroad and kept him away from everyone's eyes" She chuckled bitterly as if the next words stung. "Apparently he was the one who planned to kill Sehun's parents. I sent some of my men to kill him as well but he escaped. I couldn't find him but I'm sure now he is back and tried to Kill Sehun as well"

I took a deep breath and replayed everything Grandma said just now. My mind was in chaos but I started to clear it.

First, Someone attacked Sehun just like they did to Kris in the hospital.

Second Kris denied, saying that Sehun wasn't their target because his real parents have nothing to do with anything.

Third Grandma said that the one who attacked Sehun might be the runaway son of his Sehun's adoptive Parents.

Fourth, the masked man I met in the Cafeteria talked boastfully about killing everyone and harming Chanyeol as well. He knew about my past as well as my present but I know it clearly that he was just a normal pawn not that he can outsmart me. No killer would come forward and announce his crime.

The more I tried to connect dots the more I was coming to a dead end.

How is Sehun connected to him and why did the masked man try to kill him using the same technique. Is the masked man and the Killer Related? or am I missing out on something?

My head ran out of battery as I came back to my senses and stared at the old lady again.

Bringing out my phone, I took out the image and showed it to her. "Do you perhaps know this drug? Have you seen it somewhere?"

I showed her the drug but she shook her head, not uttering a single word. Then I opened the hidden file and showed her the photo of the masked man which made her gasp. I know his face was covered but maybe she can identify by chance.

"You know him?" She nodded and that made me sigh in content. "Who is he? Where will I find him?"

"I am not sure, but his eyes I would never forget those eyes. He was the lawyer who helped those bastards win Sehun's custody. Park Shin Joo who was a well-known lawyer at that time but suddenly he took a long vacation and fled away from the country. I couldn't find him as well but a few years later he came back but he wasn't just a lawyer but a well-known businessman. According to my sources he even had a son maybe around your age but he like disappeared into thin air. Why would you show me this? And how do you even know him?"

I ignored her questions and stared at the man carefully. Now that I notice this masked man Park Shin Joo has very familiar eyes. Where have I seen them?

"What is his current address? Where would I find him?" I ask without beating around the bush.

"If it concerns my grandson it's my business as well," She said with determined words but I got up and gave her one of my blank stares.

"Help me this once, and it has nothing to do with Sehun. I just have an errand with this man" I replied nonchalantly. She gave me a suspicious look but I looked away and waited for her.

"Alright, here is his current address but let me tell you he is a shrewd and cunning businessman. He won't agree to anything unless you hit his weak point"

I nodded and walked out without giving her any reply. I stare at the paper and the address on it carefully. Seems like we are gonna meet again Masked man. Let's see who's pawn are you.

Park Shin Joo if you don't spill the truth now you will face this ruthless side of Byun Baekhyun.

🌻🌻🌻🌻

So the new Characters I added untill now are Luhan, Kris and Tao. It was already planned from the start so yeah. Just they are important so I kept them back. 🌹

This is the longest Chapter I've ever wrote.

About this Chapter. You mighy have already got the hint who this Park Shin Joo is. 🙃

Sorry for mistakes. 🙏

Anyways, Thankyou for reading ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 965 23
Headcannons about the characters from Helluva boss/Hazbin Hotel. All characters belong to viziepop.
587K 13.2K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
3K 257 36
Dream was an outlaw. Running from the guards, stealing, and being a general problem was just an everyday occurrence. He loved the rush of adventure a...
3.8K 127 34
In which two lovers find their hearts in a deep pit of infatuation. *** Alida Soani is a fashi...