Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

10: spilt beans

58.3K 1.6K 909
By narryhugme

Imagine that gif as how Harry looks at Jess :) COMMENT YOUR TWITTERS AND I'LL FOLLOW YOU! Also please take a listen to the song on the side while Jess performs. It's a beautiful song. :)

Jess

"We have Jessica Steele in the building!" The radio host, Dan, shouts followed with clapping and cheers in the room.

"Haha, thank you! I'm happy to be here in Sydney," I say politely. My voice has surprisingly gotten a tiny bit better as the hours passed. It was still raspy, but didn't hurt as bad. My vocal coach still switched the song I was going to cover to a less intense one.

"So, how've you been? Doing good?"

"Yup, I'm doing great. Had a little scare this morning with my voice."

"Oh, no, what happened?"

"I woke up with a sore throat and I didn't sound too pretty. It's gotten better though."

Dan smiled and gave me a high five from across the table.

"Atta babe! So, I'm sorry, I have to bring it up. Last night, you were seen with the one and only, Nick Jonas at a restaurant. Are you two dating? Friends?"

I didn't want it to go in this direction, but unfortunately it has. I remembered Jane's words right before we got here: 'Don't lie, just don't tell them the complete truth'.

"Nick and I just met actually. He seems really nice and we're friends, so yeah," I answer smoothly. I mentally pat myself on the back for that one.

"Alright, so your three singles Bang Bang, Style, and Blank Space are all in the Top 10 of music. That is a pretty impressive feat for being 18 and having only one album, almost two, out. You've also been nominated over 40 times this past year. You're making your way to becoming a legend, Jessica." Dan sent me a smile as he read from a paper.

I couldn't help but blush at what he said. I knew I was never going to become a "legend", but it's nice to know that people think I could.

"Thank you. I don't even know what to say. This whole experience has been the time of my life and I just hope my two angels are watching from above and keeping tabs."

But, God, Mom and Dad, do I wish you both were here with me.

"I guarantee they've never kept their eyes off of you. The rest of the world hasn't."

I smile gratefully at him.

"Alright, we have a little bit of a game in store. It'll help save your voice as well. You only have to say 'Yes' or 'No', and you don't have to explain yourself. It's called 'Never Have I'. I'm sure you've heard of it, Ellen Degeneres plays it all the time on her show."

I laugh and nod my head.

"Alright, let's get started. Never Have I been in love."

"Yes." Currently working on it, Dan.

"Never Have I gotten drunk."

"Nope." He raises his eyebrows in surprise, and I just shrug. Alcohol scared me. If I act the way I do now, who knows what I'd be like under the influence.

"Never Have I lip synced"

"Nope."

"Never Have I told a lie to the media."

"Er--yes." I laugh. This game is so uncomfortable.

"Never Have I had a nip slip."

What the hell?! "Uh, no. Well nobody was looking." Dan cracked up.

"Never Have I been to jail."

"No."

"Last one! Never Have I committed a crime."

"Yes." Okay, I egged some chick's house in the eighth grade. It's not my fault her dad was a cop and they had security cameras. It was just a joke!

"Oh! What's that one about?" Dan pushed.

"I can't explain, remember. All I'm gonna say is that I was like thirteen."

He laughed one more time before doing an outro. "Jessica Steele everybody!" Everyone in the room clapped and I grinned. "Buy her album, '11:59' when it releases on November 21st! Stay tuned for a 2Day exclusive performance by Jessica in a few minutes!"

I thanked Dan and said goodbye to all of the crew before getting rushed into a back room to get my makeup and hair retouched. Right after, I had a small, private performance to about twenty fans that'd also would be aired live on the radio.

"Jessy!" Harry called my name from across the crowded green room. He pushed his way through the people and got to me with two earpieces in his hand.

"In-Ears," he spoke. I smiled gratefully and he took my face in his hands and started fixing them into my ears. I felt my face heat up at his touch.

I almost giggled when I saw his hard, determined face and how his tongue stuck out slightly in focus.

"What?" He asked with a smirk on his face as he put in the second one.

"Nothing," I mutter. Afterwards, he kissed my forehead and patted my cheek.

"Jessica! Emily needs you!" I hear Jane. I shoot Harry a smile, then spin on my heels and hurry over to Emily. She has a guitar in her hands.

"You're gonna go out there in like a minute. So, take your guitar and do your thing, okay, honey? But still be careful with your voice, alright?" She spoke.

"I will. Thank you, Em."

"Go get 'em," Mere said and swiped some lipgloss across my lips.

"Jessica, we're ready for you," a crew guy said, coming in from the door a few feet from us. I take in a deep breath and say a short prayer, hoping my voice will hold up.

As I walk out, Jane gives me a high five. I can't help but laugh at how business-like she looks, and yet she still gave me a high-and-low high five.

As soon as I hit that small platform, I see the twenty fans standing with phones and cameras in their hands. They scream as soon as they see me and I wave. I sit on the stool that's placed right behind a mic stand and place my guitar on my lap.

Breathe in, breathe out.

"Wow, you Australians look so gorgeous." I get screams in response. I love these people.

"So, I want to start off and thank you all for welcoming me to your home. It's flat out beautiful here. Up until last year, I'd never left Washington, USA, so this is amazing. Thank you for being so supportive because each and every one of you has a place in my heart and mind."

I'm in awe at how quiet the room is now.

"Anyways, I'm sure you've heard about my unfortunate sore throat, but I'm going to still sing a song that I honestly love so much and it's amazing. So, this is 'Is There Somewhere' by Halsey."

I smile, then quickly turn my head to the side when I hear a piano start playing. I mean, I knew there was going to be someone playing the piano during the song, but I didn't think it'd be Harry that was playing.

I can't help but skim over his tall figure and straight posture as his long fingers glide over the keys with ease. He looks up for a second and locks eyes with me and I get butterflies in my stomach.

I quickly compose myself and start singing.

"You were dancing in your tube socks in our hotel room. Flashing those eyes like highway signs. Light one up and hand it over. Rest your head upon my shoulder. Just wanna feel your lips against my skin.

White sheets, bright lights, crooked teeth, and the night life. You told me this is right where it begins." I sneak a look at Harry on accident and see his intense gaze poring into mine.

I close my eyes, getting lost in the song. "Cause I clutched your arms like stairway railings. And you clutched my brain and eased my ailing. You're writing lines about me; romantic poetry. Your girl's got red in her cheeks, cause we're something she can't see. And I try to refrain but you're stuck in my brain. All I do is cry and complain cause second's not the same."

I start playing the guitar as the break in the songs starts. I look at everyone and it seems like they're really enjoying it. Some even have tears in their eyes.

Then, I look to the side at Harry as both the piano and guitar play in sync. He winks at me and gives me a nod that I was doing good.

"I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight. I didn't mean to fall in love tonight. You're looking like you fell in love tonight. Can we pretend that we're in love?"

Harry and I both stop playing at the same time and the room is silent. It's not an eerie or awkward silence, either. It's comforting; like everyone was soaking in the performance.

Then all at once, everyone erupts in cheers. Even the crew in the back are clapping and shouting.

"Thank you so much," I tell them and do a little bow which ended up being very awkward because I was still sitting down.

"Does anyone want to ask Jessica any questions?" Dan asks into a mic from the side of the stage. Most, if not all, hands rise up. Dan walks over and hands the mic to a girl wearing a Dreams concert tee.

"What's your favorite activity to do when you're not on tour or doing promo?"

"I love, love, love hiking. I'd usually go hike around Mount Hood in Washington, or just in other small hiking areas. It clears my mind very well."

The mic is passed to someone else whose outfit was suddenly something I wanted to go out and buy right this minute. It was a white tee shirt, with simple light-wash overall shorts.

"What's the funniest thing you can think of from the top of your head?"

I thought about my answer for maybe two seconds before I started laughing really hard at the story I was going to tell.

"Okay, so we were in England and it was earlier this year. Harry, I'm sure you know him, he's right there," I tell and point to the red faced boy sitting at the piano. He knew exactly what story I was going to tell.

"Harry, some of my other friends, and I went to this restaurant and as soon as we get inside, he said he recognized this woman sitting at a booth. So, he goes over and taps this woman on the shoulder, and says, 'Hey Auntie Dee'. The woman turns around and ends up being a man!"

I tried to contain my laughter, but fail miserably. Harry's laughing despite how embarrassed he is. All the fans are laughing along as well.

"So he apologizes quickly and makes up this crazy excuse. He said, 'Oh, sorry, I thought you were my uncle. I call him Auntie Dee because...' He doesn't even finish what he's saying and so he just stands there like an idiot, so I grab him and we leave the restaurant."

The mic is passed for the final time to a girl on the younger side.

"H-hi, she says.

I grin. "Hey, girl, how are you?"

"Good! Um, what was your favorite moment from the Dreams Tour?"

"Oh, good question. This is hard, uh," I think for a moment. "Im definitely going towards the Seattle gig when everyone held up papers with the blue and yellow 'Boston Strong' ribbon. That was..." Shit, I'm choking up. How is it that I was just laughing my ass off and now I'm on the verge of tears.

"It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, really."

Some people started saying "I love you, Jess," and that just made me want to hug them all so tight and never let go. So, I do.

I set my guitar down and step off the platform before holding my arms out to everyone and we all form a huge group hug.

I was so grateful for all these people. They have been here from the start and seen me at my best and worst. I would always have their back and hopefully they would always have mine.

Eventually, we have to wrap up the day and Dan gets us all together for a picture. I thank him again and head into the green room to find the rest of the gang.

"You were wonderful, Jess," Emily complimented with a big smile on her face.

"Thank you. That was a lot of fun."

"Jess, we have to get going to Vogue," Jane tells me. I nod and give out a breath.

Robbie and Sal are by my side and Harry behind me as we walk out of the building and into the SUV. Harry kept on complaining about how I told the embarrassing story of him, so I just kept telling him to shut up.

I scrolled through Twitter and saw that there were lots of people talking about the radio interview and performance.

'@EdennSmile: lmao of course the funny story was about harry'

'@JARRYBABE: HARRY FUCKING PLAYED THE PIANO AND JESS AND HE WERE EYE FUCKING THE ENTIRE TIME'

Woah. Okay. Very descriptive and a little far fetched.

'@lilxcjessyy: I fr started crying when I heard that cover. Jess is the best singer to be graced on this earth.'

'@JessicaSteele: RT @JessUpdatesWW: Jess went to 2Day FM Radio Station today and did an interview/performance!'

'@JessicaSteele: Thank you to everyone at 2Day. You're a great bunch of people and I hope to be by again soon. :)'

'@JessicaSteele: Oh, and happy birthday @1996Steele! I hope you have a great day, gorgeous!'

"What do you mean? No. Get them off the internet now. Hurry." Jane was on the phone with someone and it seemed to get pretty heated, fast. I set down my phone.

"Who's she talking to?" I whisper to Harry. He just shrugs his shoulders and his face folds in concentration, trying to listen.

"Oh, God, she's gonna hate this. I'll talk to you later, Simon. Yeah, I know. Thanks, bye." She hangs up and I see her put her face in her hands.

"What's wrong, Jay?" I ask, a bit concerned. I hated when she gets stressed out. When Jane is stressed, everyone's stressed.

She mumbled something I couldn't understand, so I asked again. She looked back at me this time and spoke loud and clear.

"Your album just got leaked."
__________

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLD'S SUNSHINE, HARRY STYLES. I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE 21, B/C YOU DON'T ACT LIKE IT AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Anyways, so I've always written this story to give a perspective of being in the spotlight and always being in the media's eye. So, it's not just a Harry fan fic, you know? I write about what Jessica feels and sees while being so widely known :)

Please comment and give me your feedback :) idc what you say, I just love when you all comment because i love to read them and I always respond ;) & vote cuz it's easy man

Twitter: @wtvrharold

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 120 14
Katerina has always been different, even from most peculiars. she goes to Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children, only to find her former best f...
637K 17.2K 59
The sequel to Adore You. This is not a stand alone book, so if you have not read the first book, this story will not make sense!! * Sometimes there a...
439K 11.2K 18
"Please help me..." Harry Styles was about a foot away from me. Famous, gorgeous, lovely, somewhat stressed looking Harry Styles. "Are you all right...
778K 30.7K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...