52: what we thought

COMMENT AND VOTE TO GET THE STORY HIGHER THAN #7
________

"But there were strangers watching, and whispers turned to talking, and talking turned to screams." -T. Swizzle

Jess

'@JessicaSteele: (: candid of last night (THANK U @shelly_harris @b_harris) pic.twitter.com/W4Tvo58'

'@JessicaSteele: SWEDEN R U READY??!?!!'

'@JessicaSteele: RT @EllaEyre: to those going to @JessicaSteele's concert tonight in Gothenburg, I'll see you there!!!! 💕'

'@JessicaSteele: RT @Harry_Styles: Huge stadium tonight in Gothenburg. I hope you 60,000 are ready for @JessicaSteele xx'

"I didn't even have to walk in here to know that you were awake," Jane retorted as she walked into my hotel room without even so much as knocking. Who even gave her a key? She uses being my manager as an excuse way too much.

"You would've found out the same thing if you'd knocked," I sass.

She laughed. "Sorry. I had a key, so I used it."

I had my legs perched up on top of the wooden frame and I scrolled through Twitter. Right after the Grammy's last night, I flew to Sweden for a show that started in five or six hours.

She walked over to my bed and sat at the foot of it. I took my legs off the desk and turned the swivel chair around to face her. She obviously needed something.

"I was just wondering about something that happened last night. During the pre-show..."

"Haha, fuck her."

"She cheated. Why do people want an autograph?"

"She jumps from guy to guy."

"Ew."

"Boooo!"

"Fuck you, Jess!"

"What a slut, though."

I let out a heavy sigh. "What about last night?"

Jane's eyebrows furrowed together as she looked down at the ground.

"You were angry or upset after going over to the fans. Harry noticed, too," Jane explained.

I could feel the frown settling on my face. I really tried hard to forget about what happened, but it was such a straightforward memory and experience. It's hard to shake it off.

"Yeah...some weren't fans," I say humorlessly.

"Are you okay?"

I look up and see her looking at me with a worried expression on her face.

Honestly, I was okay. I just was confused more than anything about what happened. Public displays of hate to that extent hadn't happened to me before.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm good."

A faint smile came to her face. "Well, there's also another thing we need to talk about."

I purse my lips. "What?"

I watch as she twists her phone around in her hands. It's a nervous habit both her and I share.

"What are yours and Harry's plans...you know, with going public?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe we'll go public in a month? Less? I don't know."

She looks up to my eyes and I see the amount of regret and unsureness in them. What the hell is she about to tell me?