Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

8: elephant in the room

61.7K 1.7K 1.2K
By narryhugme

Please comment and vote! It gives the story more exposure! :)

Recap

I gave him a small smile and started to get up and head back to where everyone else was. He gently tugged my hand so I sat back down, confusion on my face.

"Just one time. One kiss. Then we can go back to normal," he whispered, his voice raspy.

I looked into his eyes and nodded. It wasn't much of a nod. I barely moved my head, but Harry caught it and instantly his hands cupped my face and his warm lips dropped onto mine.
______

Jess

Fuck. Nobody knows how much I wanted this kiss to be bad. To be sloppy, or his lips to be cracked, for his breath to smell, or something that'd make me think twice about doing it again. But no, this is Harry Styles we're talking about. His lips were so incredibly soft and firm. I could taste his minty breath and everything about this was just perfect.

And I was kissing him back, too. My hands had found their way into his hair, tugging slightly, and his arms wound around my waist. I was expecting a short peck, but this was no peck. It was veering into the making out category.

Suddenly, reality hit me. I knew that continuing any longer would make it even harder to keep from forming a "more than friendship" relationship.

I pulled away gently and we both had uneven breathing. I tried to keep my eyes off of his, but I could feel his stare. I needed to look at him, hell I needed to kiss him some more!

I awkwardly coughed and got up from my seat. I see Harry watching me the next thing I know, my feet are moving and I walk through the curtain, back to the main cabin.

Caroline and Mere are reading a magazine and across from them, Jane sits with her phone in her hand. All look up at me when I walk past them.

I ignore the states and just take a seat back on the couch. I take some earphones out of my backpack and plug them into my phone. I set my playlist on shuffle and am pleased that Ed Sheeran's "I'm A Mess" begins playing. How relevant. I close my eyes and let Ed's voice melt into my soul.

I could hear Harry walk in a few minutes later, but I don't open my eyes, nor do I move.

Time flew by and I must've fallen asleep because Jane told me we were landing in about two hours. I felt well rested, but the ache in my chest returned once I remembered Harry and I's talk and kiss in the back.

I spent the remaining time on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr. My timeline on Twitter was full of reactions to me coming to Australia and photos of me around Brazil.

'@JessicaSteele: NEVER BEEN TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!! GLAD TO SPEND THE REMAINING TIME OF PROMO WITH U AUSSIESSS :)))'

'@JessicaSteele: T-Minus four days until 11:59 is released 😳'

'@JessicaSteele: You guys are the best. Seriously. There's no possible way to thank you enough, but i have some exciting things in store 👊❤️'

As soon as I sent off the last tweet, I collected my stuff and waited for the jet's door to open. Robbie stood in front of me and Sal behind me. It was almost three in the afternoon and the sun was bright and shining. It was quite warm as well.

We were escorted down the steps and straight into the airport. As soon as we walked through that door, there were at least fifty or so fans waiting with posters and cameras ready. They were screaming my name and my heart swelled. Police officers walked with me as I took pictures with as many fans as I could.

God, I love Australia already.

In the van, I snuck a look at Harry who seemed to be in another world. His long hair curled away and into his face, now out of the bun. I had the urge to reach out and run my hands through it as I had when we'd kissed...

But I shouldn't be thinking about that, I should be thinking about how I was in Australia for the first time!

Jane did the usual and went over what I was doing for the timespan I was here for. Dinner tonight with some producers/publicists, vocals with Emily tomorrow morning, radio interview in the afternoon with a small meet and greet/performance, then lastly, a Vogue photoshoot.

Then my freaking album is going to be released in four days. The reality of it hasn't hit me yet.

On top of that,Thanksgiving was next week and right after that was Christmas. It was going to be a very emotional month or so.

Once we made it to the hotel, there were some fans standing outside patiently and quietly waiting for pictures. There were two or three paps with just video cameras, too, but they looked fairly respectful. Wow, I loved this place already. I couldn't wait to walk around Sydney.

"Hey, guys," I say to the fans as I got out of the car. Robbie stood next to me while Harry and Sal moved to the back to take out our bags.

"You're so beautiful! I love your music more than anything," a girl said as she came up to me. There was a boy next to her with his phone in his hand, waiting for a picture.

"Aw, thank you so much. You're amazing," I replied and gave her a hug. She and the boy stood on either side of me as we took the picture.

Another girl came over and stuck a piece of paper in my hands. "Can you follow these people on Twitter?"

"Sure."

I took pictures with all of the fans, before Harry came up from behind me while I was talking to a fan, Claire.

"Jane says you need to come inside before more paps get here," he whispered in my ear. His voice sent shivers down my spine and heated up my cheeks.

I nod curtly and say bye to everyone before heading up to the rooms with him. He handed me my room key once we were at my door. He seemed like he was making sure our fingers never touched. This was why I didn't want us to try and go anywhere other than friends.

"Er...Jane said to be ready downstairs by five-thirty for the dinner," he spoke calmly, making minimal eye contact.

"Are you going?"

"To the dinner? Yeah, of course."

I nod, awkward silence filling in all gaps. I hesitate once before turning around and opening the door.

"Jessy?" No. Don't say something that'll make me want to turn around and kiss you.

"Yeah?"

He pushed back a strand of hair that fell onto his forehead and the corner of his mouth lifted up. He had a completely different attitude than he had seconds ago. "I'm going to go get some gummy bears and I'll come back up."

I smile and nod my head. "Sounds good."

•••

"So you're telling me that the Seahawks are better than the Packers?"

"Hell yeah! Have you seen Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, and Richard Sherman play?"

Harry scoffs. Apparently I've offended his precious Green Bay Packers. But having been born and raised in Washington, I'm a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan.

"Two words: Aaron Rodgers."

I throw a pillow at him from the couch. I was really happy we were back to normal terms. At least as normal as we could get.

"Two words: Super Bowl," I shoot back.

"Two words: fuck off."

I laugh, knowing that I'd won this argument.

"Russell Wilson is super hot, too," I add, smirking. I throw a gummy bear up in the air and catch it in my mouth.

"Really, Jessy." He gives me a dull look. Was he referring to the fact that we were talking about football skills and I jumped in saying Wilson is a hot piece of meat? Or something else? There was never a more appropriate time to want to be able to read someone's mind.

I look at the clock and see it's almost four in the afternoon already. I place my luggage on the bed and shuffle through some of the clothing to find what I was going to wear tonight.

I felt Harry's gaze on me as I placed black skinny jeans, a white blouse, and black blazer on the bed.

"What're you wearing to dinner?" I ask. He got up and walked over to the opposite side of the bed. He looked up at me with his dark green eyes, then picked up a pair of heels from my bag with two fingers.

"I think these with compliment my cleavage, don't you think?" He said jokingly.

I smiled and took them from him. "I don't know how that would work, Harold."

"Are you saying I am flat chested?" He asked in fake disbelief, slapping his hands to his chest. I hold out my hand for him to give me the heels while laughing.

"Yeah, you'd probably look a lot better than me in them," he muttered.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Now, get out. I have to get ready." I put my hands against his strong back, the warmth flooding onto my hands, and start pushing him towards the door. He suddenly turned around and my weight fell forward towards him. His arms snapped out and held my waist.

Is there ever going be a time where we aren't ending up in some intimate position?

He let go of me instantly. "Oi, sorry."

I shake my head, trying to push away the blush coming to my cheeks. "It's fine. Uh, I'll see you downstairs, Harry."

He simply nods, his teeth sinking into his lower lip, and leaves through the door. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. That man really does dangers to my well being.

I get ready, taking my time with my hair, making sure it's pin straight. Meredith and Caroline came by to finish with my make up.

"You look gorgeous, Jess. As always," Caroline said, brushing my hair to the side and smiling at me. I smile back.

"You're too nice to me, Care."

The three of us made our way downstairs, and in the elevator, Meredith asked me, "So, have you figured out your plans for the holidays?"

"Er, no. Harry actually invited me to his home, but I don't..." I trail off. I'm never sure how to word my reason.

"I understand, but just know you're always welcome to stay with me or Caroline."

I nod my head and give them both a smile as they got off on the second floor where their rooms are since they weren't going to the dinner.

As soon as the elevator opened to the lobby, Robbie and Sal where at my side with Harry. It was almost dark outside, and barricades were set up just out the door with a ton of people--fans on the other side of the gates.

I swore under my breath. That was a lot of people.

"I know you want to take pictures, but there's no time and there's too many people, okay?" Robbie told me. I said nothing, just followed them out the door, the muffled shouts and screams turning to very clear and very loud ones. They were shouting my name and I even heard a few shout Harry's, which made me smile without knowing.

Harry and I got into the first SUV with Sal, while Robbie followed in the second.

"You're very beautiful, Jessy," Harry's heavy accent filled the silence of the car as we rode off. He had a small smile on his face and I looked down, one appearing on mine as well.

"You look nice, too, Harold." He wore a black and white striped shirt, buttoned only halfway down, revealing his swallows tattoos and part of his butterfly one. I guess he wasn't kidding about cleavage.

We arrived at a semi-fancy Italian restaurant where there were even more fans and paparazzi. I clung onto Harry's arm as we made our way into the place.

"Miss Steele, it's a pleasure to meet you!" A waiter said very politely. I thanked him and shook his hand. Jane said a few words before the man directed us to a fairly large table towards the corner of the room. People gave us looks as we walked by, probably wondering who I was.

I took a seat at the table beside Harry, when Jane suddenly said something.

"Uh, Jessica, why don't you sit next to me?" She seemed hesitant and I wanted to question her as to why I couldn't just sit next to Harry like I usually did. Then I figured it was because Harry and I had dating rumors all around us and it was a dinner with my publicists and management.

I give Harry a reassuring smile and got up and sat at the other side of the table with Jane.

Minutes later, I hear more screams from outside the restaurant and more lights flashing.

I gave Jane a skeptical look and she placed a hand on my knee and put an almost sympathetic look on her face. What the hell was going on?

I saw a couple men come in with someone behind them. The person had their head down and sunglasses on. I assumed it was a guy, his hair was cropped short and he wore a leather jacket and pants. I recognized one of the men behind him as my publicist.

The four of them got to our table and people around the place began slipping out cameras and taking pictures. The security guard for the man with sunglasses went around and politely asked for them to refrain from any pictures being taken.

They all sat down, the man with sunglasses sitting next to me. He had a bit of facial hair and had some freckles down the side of his face. I had to say, he looked a little familiar, but I couldn't put a name to his face.

"Jessica, it's nice to see you," my publicist, Mark, said.

I smiled and greeted him politely. The man beside me finally took off his sunglasses and shot me a smile. Holy crap. What was going on? I knew exactly who he was.

Mark spoke up again, "Jessica Steele, meet Nick Jonas. You two will be getting to know each other this evening and for the next week or so."
____________

Comment why you think Nick Jonas is there! :)) I want to thank you for over 500 reads! That's amazing for me so thank you!! The gif of Harry is what he seems like in the beginning of the chapter & when they arrive at the hotel.

Twitter: @wtvrharold

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
465K 7.7K 82
No matter the circumstance, Harry and Hailey always seem to find a way back into one other's lives. "It'll always be you."
11.4K 357 5
Best friends, Niall Horan and Kyra Harrier, decided to take their friendship to the next level: boyfriend and girlfriend. It seemed like the best thi...
330K 8K 17
For Thea, Harry is not only the older boy next door, but also her best friend, her first crush, the only reason that she - someone who grows up in a...