By Your Side - A Challengeshi...

By SpudDaPotato

[COMPLETED T~T] It has been halfway through the Duel Carnival, and Shark, ex-national duelist, and Kite, a nu... More

Chapter 1~ The enemy
Chapter 2~ Used again
Chapter 3~ Be Prepared
Chapter 4~ With Him?!
Chapter 5~ A long way to go
Chapter 6~ The Fearscape
Chapter 7~ To the finish line
Chapter 8~ Cover-ups
Chapter 9~ Under the Jacket
Chapter 10~ The cold shoulder
Chapter 12~ Preditors are cute
Chapter 13~ Nightmares
Chapter 14~ Needing Comfort
Chapter 15~ Revelation (Part 1)
Chapter 16~ Revelation (Part 2)
Chapter 17~ Revelation (Part 3)
Chapter 18~ Can't sleep
Chapter 19~ Floating
Chapter 20~ What's important
Chapter 21~Staying Awake
Chapter 22~ Hand-hold
Chapter 23~ Caught
Chapter 24~ Knock out
Chapter 25~ Saving Him
Chapter 26~ The Final Boss
Chapter 27~ A Trio's Battle (Part 1)
Chapter 28~ A Trio's Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 29~ A Trio's Battle (Part 3)
Chapter 30~ Right your Wrongs
Chapter 31~ Mending cracks Together (Finale)
No words, just love~ Utopia x Galaxy Eyes
Epilogue
Bad News

Chapter 11~ Tying cut strings

99 9 33
By SpudDaPotato

Please don't ask about the title, it is relevent but I'm bad at coming up with titles. And DON'T WORRY, THERE IS HOPE FOR MA CHALLENGESHIP!!!

Also, I have retuuuuurned...

[Shark's POV]

5 minutes. That's how long I've been waiting. And I know I'm not normally one to feel emotions such as worry or impatience to other people, but I couldn't help it this time. I still don't know how, I'm not responsible for my emotions at this point. Anger was even bubbling in my chest, and I didn't know where it came from! I had no reason to be angry. But, then again, I am mostly associated with anger, and it's becoming an emotion for my everyday life.

Kite was late. And the worry I was feeling didn't help, making me think that he lied to me, or that he was stuck somewhere, or maybe I lost him forever. He could've hurt himself, or maybe forgot. I don't know why I was so abnormally anxious with anyone for that matter. Never forget what Kite had done to the innocent people. But... those scars... what did they mean?

I was in my usual swimming trunks, my hair out as per usual, and my eyes were practically glued onto my watch, almost as if it had all the answers. But it just blinked back blandly, only making my questions furthermore urgent. I heard a door open, the faint padding of feet slapping against the digustingly-clean, wet floor. I turn around to look at the late-comer, whom was definitely late, and...

H-he looked... amazing!

Even since I laid eyes on him at that moment, my stomach was doing almost backflips! My heart was pounding quicker, occasionally forgetting to beat, and I felt like my body had heated up by 10 whole degrees! Something was in my throat. My cheeks felt abnormally heated. What is going on?! What on earth is this emotion?!

Kite was in nothing but a pair of swim shorts. He was showing skin. To me! I couldn't take my eyes off his defined chest, exposing his collar bones and small waist. His arms were dainty and slightly muscular, still littered with the cuts he tried so hard to conceal. But he was showing them all to me! His hair curled around the edges of his shoulder, all of his body from his feet to his face was... almost p-perfect! How can a man look so... beautiful!

I didn't dare voice any of it out, trying to look at anywhere but Kite's eyes ,  eventually failing when he was almost in front of me. I couldn't directly see them though. He was hiding his head, wrapping his arms around his frame insecurely, avoiding my eyes and shifting uncomfortably under my gaze. Was this man really a monster? I found it hard to believe now.

"I... is this too much?" He was definitely uncomfortable, but was it at exposing himself, or at how my reaction may be. I figured it was option 1, so I reached my hand out to where his gaze lingered, giving him an assuring smile to give him a little urge. He followed me, and we both walked into the pool, further to the centre so our heads and the tips of our shoulders were exposed. Kite looked a lot more comfortable now, and I continued to keep the 2 ft gap between us.

"So..." It grew heavily awkward, and I wanted to take that word back. I figured out that Kite hurts himself and I had no idea why. It was definitely him, they were too identical and neat to be an accident. Then we had a full 48 hrs of not exchanging one word between us, and now that we were actually able to talk, nothing came out. Kite actually spoke something first after bobbing up in the blue water for a bit.

"About what you... found out that day... um... please don't tell anyone!" He spoke quietly, in case others would catch his talking.

A few seconds passed between us, and I could feel Kite's anxiety spike up, providing me with the temptation to reach out and clasp his hand in attempts to sooth him. And that's exactly what I did.

"I would never tell anyone. But..." I saw him perk up slightly, cheeks flushed like mine, giving me a small breather for what I was about to say. "You have to tell me at some point."

"I can always tell you now! I know that you deserve to kno-"

"Kite." I said his name with a little more aggression than I anticipated, causing Kite to quiver slightly. But I didn't want to hurt him anymore. "Tell me when you're ready. I don't care how or when, but I expect a reason." He huffed out slightly before nodding, the light reflecting off the water dancing around our faces causing his skin to glow. I felt like I had to tell him everything. My real name. My fears. My odd and indescribable feelings towards him. My sister. What I have lost. Why I was such a jerk. But I wouldn't dare.

In the end, he's still an enemy. And the souls he had taken is a constant reminder of that.

I looked into his eyes, ones that I thought were monstrous. But now, they were shimmering, threads of pure and shining metal threaded together, some faded blue highlights making them even more breath-taking.

"Do we need to clear up anything else?" Kite asks. I thought for a bit before replying.

"About... your fears..." Kite replaced his soft face with a mask, telling me to stay clear of the subject. But I ignored him. "Are you... doing any better?" I can tell this caught Kite off guard. He thought I'd probably ask what his fears where. And I didn't know why I was so concerned about how he felt after all that trauma, but I can only imagine it not getting any better after we... split...

"I... I'm ok, if that's what your asking. Some nightmares... And the thought of it becoming a reality... but... It's better. You?" He had no uncertainty or lie in his voice. I felt myself stiffen slightly. Lying to him was my only option. I had nightmares of my sister dying in my arms or of everyone turning against me every night. They never left me. But I'll only seem weak again.

"Yeah, I... I've gotten over it pretty quickly, just a temporary thing," The more words I said, the more convinced my voice sounded. I might pull this off! "They weren't even that bad so I basically walked them off." I mentally patted myself for sounding like I was honest. But Kite remained unconvinced.

"Shark..." I was convincing enough! I swear! What did I do wrong?! "You screamed so much in there... you can't simply 'walk it off'! Are you really ok?!"

I shouldn't shout at him. I tried not to. And miraculously, I succeeded. "Can I... can I tell you another time?" He smiled warmly at me, making weird butterfly-like feelings flutter in my stomach. I look at his now wet mop of hair, some of it floating on the water. In the light, when it's dry, it's a light and sandy blonde. But now, damp and dripping with pool water, it looked almost brown! It looked pretty. He look pretty. Wait, what?!

I don't know what my feelings were for Kite anymore. Did I really like him? Like... as a friend? Or more even? Did I hate the relationship we were having? An image of me and Kite kissing on a park bench popped into my mind, somehow lighting my cheeks up even more. I subconsciously started rubbing up and down Kite's arms, when I had then noticed he was still tense at how exposed he was. I saw his defined cheeks flush red. I couldn't stop the words from tumbling out.

"Don't be so insecure and shy, I think you look hot."

I murmured it without realising, and I had no idea what the hell it meant. Did I just call him hot?! What the hell is wrong with me?! Why did I say that?! I submerged myself in the water, squeezing my eyes shut, embarrassment flooding me as if an ice bucket was thrown on to my skin. Above the surface, I heard some muffled chuckles but, as much as it hurt to admit it, I was... shy...

I felt sturdy hands wrap around me and I opened my eyes and look in front through instinct, only to see an angelic figure, blonde hair with golden streaks running through them fanned out. He almost looked like a bird, flying down to save me from sinking. Maybe that's why I love the water- things will only ever go down.

He pulled me up to the surface, both of us gasping for air. I hoped Kite wouldn't bring up the remark I said earlier, but I was proven wrong.

"So, you think I'm hot, aye?" My cheeks reheated in a split-second and I wanted to hide again. Kite chucked in response, trying to hold it in.

"Of course not! Your still as hot-headed as usual, Kite!" I smirked at my comeback, Kite not looking so happy anymore. Still, lightness was in the air.

"Oh yeah?! Says the prideful hot-head in front of me!" I rolled my eyes at this, but was unable to close them when an incoming splash was directed at my face. I spat the water that had somehow made their way into my mouth out and looked at him. His smirk held one of mischief, just like the one he wore when all this had started. The fact that it had ended was both a relief and a downbeat for me. But I splashed him back with a larger wave anyway, causing a weird giggle to come from Kite.

It was a nice end to our make up, finally sealing our bond. Nothing could separate us! Nothing would change! I don't think things are going to look so bleak anymore!

Ah yes, Shark. Things aren't going to change ma boi... UNTIL YO UJ 2 GET MARRIED BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA-agjsfnnwjdjw I coughed...

Do you guys want a spoiler? Okie then, here it is...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

SHARK IS A VEGETARIAN!!!

*audience gasps!*

Thanks for reading, see y'all in 2 days

Be potates!

                      ~Spud🥔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 52 12
A yugioh zexal what if one shot story. What if Yuma and Nash lose the duel against Don thousand? What difference does it make and what will happen to...
163K 10.8K 38
Incent, a young hunter, is thrown into a dark and terrible job by his King. He is asked to assassinate a Prince from a neighbouring Kingdom. Knowing...
42.3K 1.1K 19
|completed ; unedited| 🛇contains: nsfw; yaoi🛇 10months now passed by since Astral returned to his own world. Yuma had his normal life back, but sud...
8K 148 31
{ALSO ON MY QUOTEV ACCOUNT} Rose Ashikaga has been the best friend of Rio Kastle for seven years. In those seven years, Rose has met Reginald (Shark)...