A Sky Full of Stars - 13th Do...

By Shellwho

You had always dreamed of travelling the stars and meeting the Doctor. You had lost everything Important to y... More

Wonders, Wishes and Dreams
Kidnapped!
The Doctor
Rescued
Stitches
Questions and Answers
Nightmare
A sky full of Stars
Breakfast
Planet Sovereign
Distracted
Anger
Apology
Investigating
Golden Hotel
Please... Don't Hurt Me
Answers
Mrs Pink
Drained
Waking up
Home?
Piano Battle
Will you take me home?
Cowboys!
The Wild West
This is a Man's World
The Sheriff
Escape
Shot
Bullet
Explanation
Planet Lagoon
Distress Call
Tivoli
Glendall
Fire and Fury
There is always Hope
Imagine
Captain Jack Harkness
Torchwood
Drinks
Moonlight Serenade
Mood
Target Practice
Mistake
Gone
Numb
Sorry
Alfie
A Dream Come True
Yellow
Zyborg
Death
Shock
Captured
Ki-Hal
Rage
The Daleks
Uncontrollable
Strong
Family
Almost
Distant
Up Close
Elvis
Plans
Scars
Birthday!
New York
Shopping
Diner
Familiar
Deep
Intergalactic Bar
Dancing
Trouble
Can't Keep My Hands To Myself
Concussion
Fixed
Catch up
Together?
Sanctuary
Getting Ready
Date
Shooting Stars
I Love You
London
Trafalgar Square
Suffragettes
Emmeline Pankhurst
Released
Kisses
Always
Deeds Not Words
Overwhelmed
Flaws
Pleasure
Always Here
Eerie
Gone
Questions
Image of an Angel
It's All In The Eyes
Don't Blink
Idea
Mirror
Gold
Not Coping
Reassurance
Ghost Town
Haunted
Electricity
River Song
Recording
Sorry
Taken
Saved
Healed
Honesty
Introductions
Scorched
Revenge
Half a Thought
Frozen
Enough!
Grief
Screaming
Reasoning
Moments
Panic
Lose you
Queen
Bohemian Rhapsody
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Witchcraft
Realisation
Vaccine
Witches
Figure
The Universe
Irritated
Accusations

Freddie Mercury

526 17 19
By Shellwho

You were standing in the console room, all dressed up and ready to go.

You and Yaz had gone for dresses and jackets with shoulder pads. You both had big, wavy and wild hair, in  true 80's style.

Ryan had gone for jeans, t-shirt and a denim jacket. Graham had chose a leather jacket and attempted to quiff his hair.

"We're not seeing Elvis you know" you laughed.

"I know, Quiffs were also popular in the 80's I'll have you know, giving that I did actually live through them, it wasn't that long ago!" he laughed.

"Oh yeah!" you laughed.

"Did you ever get to see queen live?" you asked.

"Yeah, I saw them at Wembley in 1986, when they were doing the magic tour. It's one of my favourite concerts I ever went to, they were amazing! How they got the crowd going..." he smiled.

"But to actually meet them in person..." Graham grinned.

"Let's not hang about then" the doctor grinned, she still wore her usual outfit, you heard her mumbling about seeing if Freddie liked it or something.

"I do love a good party...as long as it doesn't get out of hand. You would have loved the Hollywood bash with Marilyn... although my dancing was questionable back then...that was an embarrassing party..." the words kept rolling out of the doctors mouth as she headed over to the controls.

"You're dancing used to be questionable? God knows what you must have looked like giving its still pretty questionable now!" you teased.

"Hey!" the doctor said, shooting you a funny look, "I used to do a move called the drunk giraffe, it went a bit like this" she said, as she threw her arms above her head and began shaking them side to side, her head wobbling too.

You all burst out into laughter.

"Ok, please don't do that again" you laughed.

"Come to think of it, maybe I should have put on a shirt and a bow tie..." she mumbled.

"You look perfect as you are" you smiled.

She grinned back at you, starting to work her way across the Tardis controls.

"Ready?" she grinned, as you all grabbed onto something.

"Ready" you all nodded, she pulled down the main lever, sending the Tardis twirling through the time vortex.

The groaning and whirling sound slowed, as you came to a stop.

The doctor checked some readings on the screen.

"Yes, made it!" she grinned, "30th June 1980, Vancouver, Canada. I'm pretty sure we are currently in the closet of the house queen stayed in. Once we open them doors and come out of the closet, we should enter a spectacular party!" the doctor explained.

"Don't know about you, but I'm already out of the closet" you laughed.

"We're still in the Tardis..." the doctor said confused.

"You're adorable" you laughed, gently flicking the end of her nose.

"Ohh, I see what you mean now" she said, with a scronch and a giggle.

"Come on" she said, linking her arm through yours.

"I'm just trying to think..." Graham said.

"1980...Queen would have released some classics like Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody to love, We will Rock you, We are the champions, Don't stop me now, Another one bites the dust and a Crazy little thing called love...but some songs they wouldn't have even written yet, you've still got things like Under pressure, Flash, Radio Ga Ga, I want to break free, A kind of Magic, Who wants to live forever, I want it all and The show must go on, to come!" Graham explained.

"You certainly are a fan" Yaz grinned.

"Just make sure none of us start singing their future songs" you laughed.

"Yes, remember history is delicate" the doctor nodded.

"Come on, saviour of the universe" you laughed, grabbing the doctor by the arm, and pushing open the Tardis doors.

You walked a few steps forwards and opened the closet door, stepping out into a beautifully grand house.

You were in the entrance hall, you could see an elegant white marble staircase ahead of you, leading up to the higher floors.

The floor was also marble, and the house was decorated with delicate antiques, grand portraits hung on the walls and the furniture was elegant.

An archway lead through to a corridor, leading to the main hall; you could hear music and laughter drifting through.

"Very Grand" Graham said.

"This is proper posh" Ryan laughed.

"Welcome" a man dressed in a suit who appeared to be a waiter spoke, as he entered the entrance hall.

He was holding a gold tray, filled with glasses of champagne.

"Champagne?" he offered.

You turned to look at the doctor, but she simply smiled and nodded, all of you being handed a glass.

"The party is this way, if you'd like to follow me" he said, leading the way, down the corridor.

The main room was full of people, food and drinks were neatly spread over tables, around the dance floor. At the centre of the room appeared to be a stage, with a grand piano positioned in the middle.

Music was playing from some speakers and everyone was either in conversation, dancing or sitting to the side.

"Oh my god, Its Brian May!" Graham exclaimed.

You looked over in the direction he was looking, and  saw a mop of wild, curly hair.

"I have to go and speak to him!" he said, wandering in that direction.

"I'll make sure he doesn't embarrass himself" Ryan laughed, following him.

"Shall we dance?" the doctor asked you and Yaz.

You both nodded, moving into the crowd of people, bobbing along to the music.

We will rock you suddenly came blasting out from the speakers, and the room went wild.

Every single person was stomping their feet and clamping along to the famous beat.

The room filled with the voices of everyone, singing along.

You found yourself slowly being pulled into the crowd, drifting away from the doctor and Yaz.

You trying to make your way back, but it seemed impossible, trying to get through so many people.

 You felt your chest tighten slightly at the feeling of being surrounded by so many people you did not know.

You manged to push your way through a small gap, to the edge of the dance floor, breathing a sigh of relief.

You tried scanning the crowd for the others, but it was no use.

A corridor, leading to some rooms was behind you, it looked inviting, not full of people, offering you some head space.

You wandered down the corridor, walking past a few rooms, towards a staircase at the end.

The music wasn't quite so loud behind you now, you picked up the sound of a piano, being softly played; the melody pouring down the stairs, your ears gratefully taking in the sound.

As you slowly headed up the stairs, you could make out the tune and realised it was the unforgettable start to Bohemian Rhapsody.

At the top of the stairs, you looked to the right and saw a room with its door half open, where the music was coming from.

You took a few steps forwards and gently pushed it open.

At the back of the room was a grand piano, its keys being played by a true legend.

The dark hair and moustache, the outrageously fabulous outfit, equipped with black jacket, with tasselled shoulder pads...

He turned his head in your direction as you entered the room and grinned at you.

His famous overbite caught your attention, you admired him for never getting it fixed, he was proud of how he looked and said that the extra space in his mouth improved his vocal range.

You just stood there, staring open mouthed in amazement at him.

"You're Freddie fucking Mercury..." you managed to get out.

"If I'm not greeted like that from now on... I shall be very disappointed" he laughed.

He spoke with a slightly posh accent.

"Didn't your mother tell you it was rude to stare" he laughed.

"Err, sorry!" You quickly said, closing your gaping mouth.

"It just doesn't seem real, you sitting there!" you grinned.

"I'm joking darling...stare away, take in my fabulousness" he laughed.

Freddie took his fingers of the keys and faced towards you, sitting on the piano stool.

"Please take a seat my dear" he said, gesturing to the sofa beside the piano.

You quickly sat down, a cute little cat was curled up beside you, it purred and placed its head in your lap as you sat, you stroked it behind the ears.

"Cute cat, is it yours?" you asked.

"I found him wandering in the garden, probably the neighbours, he followed me inside, I couldn't refuse that cute little face" he smiled.

"I thought it would only be a matter of time, before someone realised I was missing from the party, did Rodger send you?" Freddie asked.

"I kind of accidentally found you" you explained, "I've only just arrived...I got separated from my friends, there were so many people. I ended up walking down a corridor and then heard the piano and was curious to see who was playing it."

"Ahh, a wanderer" he laughed.

"I suppose I did wander off...oh great, I'm going to be in trouble later" you sighed.

"Relax, a little trouble never does anyone any harm" he laughed.

"So, who invited you, do you know one of my band mates?" he asked.

"Err..." you weren't sure what to say.

"Relax...we don't know half the people here, it just makes it more fun" he laughed.

"I just have to say, I'm a massive fan of queen! You are so inspirational and so talented, you're quite the legend sir" you said.

"Well, I've always said, the reason we're successful darling? My overall charisma, of course" he laughed.

"I was just having a quiet moment to myself, before the craziness begins" Freddie said.

"I'm sorry I interrupted...would you like me to go?" you asked.

"Of course not, my dear, you are quite welcome...you look like you needed some head space yourself" he smiled.

"Can I offer you a drink?" he asked.

"Sure" you nodded.

He poured you both out a glass of expensive looking whisky, from a beautifully crafted bottle.

"Thanks" you smiled, taking it.

You went to take a sip, but found yourself delighted by the taste and the burning sensation that hit your throat,  you hadn't felt it  in a while...you ended up drinking the whole thing.

Freddie looked at you with a raised brow.

"Impressive" he smirked, "Does it not burn your throat?" he questioned.

"Yep" you laughed, "Just how I like it".

"Here" he said, pouring you another glass.

"Do you sing, or play?" he asked.

"I play Piano and Guitar and love to sing" you smiled.

"Excellent!" he grinned, grabbing you by the hand and pulling you onto the stool, beside him.

"Sing with me?" he asked.

You couldn't quite believe what was happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 59 6
What if the Doctor woke up on Earth? Lost her memories and Believes she is an ex Nurse who is now a 'Doctor', she lives in Scotland. She believes her...
451K 27.1K 33
Victoria, a 26 year old medical billing and coding specialist, has had enough with her current position in life. Her boyfriend of six years hasn't be...
7.2K 369 27
"I can't figure out how to show you how much you mean to me. You are my golden girl, my dearest friend. I am incredibly lucky to have you next to me...
14.9K 659 72
You have spent the last few years of your life protecting your sister, when no one was there to protect you. Just when you are about to give up, a wo...