Mr Cliché.

By WrjterscluB

"everyone likes a little challenge, coco bunny" Authors note: (Completely edited so.....dont be confused when... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty six.

thirty five.

2.8K 104 60
By WrjterscluB

------
S C E N E
35
----
Mr cliché
Makes me kinda..?
___

Armani's thoughts
~•~•~•~

"Three hour drive..and I'm heading
Nowhere.."

Alicia keys, emitted through my Bluetooth speakers as I slipped on the freshly pressed gown that my mother brought for me. I felt like I was close to having a panic attack as nerves quickly struck me.

What if it doesn't fit?!

What if the frontal I got didn't suit me!?

Should I still go?

What if Sebastian doesn't show???

Ahhhhh!

"Knock knock"

My mother cooed, entering my bedroom as I adjusted the dress, too afraid to look at myself in the full length mirror. The dress, like my mother had stated; had belonged to her and she too wore it on the day of her school dance. I sighed out at the feel of the silk fabric against my cocoa skin.

"Ah! Mani you look so beautiful, baby"

This woman is lying to me. She's just being a mother. Still averting my gaze from the mirror, my insecurities rose the closer she walked towards me.

"You sure? I mean, is red even my colour—"

My mom quickly swung my body towards the direction of the mirror by my closet, forcing me to notice the outfit she had gotten me. Her movement's had been too quick for me to look away so I took a glimpse. A gasp left my lips as I admired my body in the mirror, and how the dress complimented me so well.

Not only was the dress a beautiful shiny silk fabric, but it hugged me in all the right places, falling loose by my knees and all the way down to my freshly pedicure feet. Its thin straps gripping lightly against my shoulders, while it held my breasts, stomach and hips. I turn to my side to notice and admire the design from behind, which was left open revealing my shiny back.

"Oh..I look good!"

I breathed out, letting my fingers run all over my body in this thin dress.

My mother chuckled, nodding in approval.

"I know, back when ya' girl still had style"

We both admired the outfit, as I felt my mom gently hold onto my shoulders then peck my nude (I hadn't done my make up quite yet) face.

"Thanks momma"

We stood in front of the full length mirror, lookin at our slight similarities. I took a moment to admire just how beautiful we both were, mainly her. Even in her sweatpants and oversized tee shirt. Her loose coils tickling my neck ever so slightly.

"Of course, my Angel..now come on, let's start with your hair and make up"

My mother spoke up, reminding me of the frontal I had recently got online. I internally hoped that it had looked just as good as it did on the ad. We soon left my bedroom, to go to hers.

An hour or so had passed and the knocking of the front door rung me back to reality. My palms began to sweat against my sides as I sat on the bed, waiting for my mom to finish adjusting the curls of my new hair. Its black locks falling effortlessly all the way down to my mid back and shoulders.

"Kay!, get the door hunny"

The sounds of my baby sisters feet erupted as she dashed for the door, being careful to ask who it had been, before opening it.

"Ma!, Armani's boyfriends here!"

I flushed, shaking my head at what Kayla had just said. Sebastian was not my boyfriend, but something within my stomach told me otherwise and I despised the feeling. I breathed out as my mother chuckled, doing the finishing touches before guiding me downstairs. I held the end of my dress, exposing my open toed glass heels. I gleamed in admiration at my white toenails and matching manicure.

"You look so gorgeous"

My mother gushed once more, making me smile all the more.

"You ready?"

I nodded, grabbing my purse and ignoring the buzz that emitted from my phone that was all the way inside the sparkly side bag. I assumed it was a message from Kara, telling me that she was already at the dance. Speaking of; since Cole (Kara's crush) hadn't asked her to the dance, her new date was the new girl in her science class; Lee. A cute dread head, that has her all gushy.

I made my way through the halls of my home, walking down the stairs as my heart began to beat out of my chest. My mother following behind me, with her phone recording my movements. The more I walked further down, the more I caught a glimpse of Sebastian. A very...attractive Sebastian, with an impressive black suit on, his silver rings and...

Is that a hair cut?

He looked..good..

I couldn't help the smile from forming on my lips when his eyes met mine. That very moment felt ecstatic, other worldly..

..........

"Armani Wilson, a creative yet beautiful mind"

Sebastian swallowed nervously before facing the class. It was the day of the presentation. Armani stood beside him, with her hands clasped against her chest as she listened.

"A lover of fiction, a writer and critique. Armani is not your typical teenager, but another worldly being. "

........

The memory immediately rushed over me.

It felt like presentation day all over again, where emotions where overwhelming and all I could do was walk down towards him. His eyes gleamed;

"You look....stunning, Mani"

..........

"I learnt a lot from her, through brief observations and curious questions. Though this project has brought us together, I feel like our mindsets have set the lock to a new beginning, a new understanding. Armani Wilson may have thought that we were the reason for project butterfly, but she truly was the metamorphosis to the caterpillar of our growing relationship.

Thank you"

The eruption of the classes applause rung in my ears and I was stuck, overwhelmed and in awe.

.........

Much like right now. I watched as he kissed my knuckles, making me involuntarily blush.

Sebastian..made me blush.

"Awe! Come on children, lemme take this picture..y'all so cute and look at how handsome he looks"

I cringed a little at my mother's excitement, getting close to Sebastian. I bit my lower lip at his warm hand that pressed on my lower back.

With those hands, he's lucky that my dad was at work.

"Alright say..ball night!"

My mom positioned the back of her iPhone towards our direction as we posed. I tried to hold my composure but from my peripheral; I could see his fierce yet oceanic eyes engulf my very being.

The tension was thick..but we held our cool.

"Ball night"

The flash of her camera went off, and I breathed out as I mentally prepared myself for tonight.

.......................

The booming of music invaded my ears as Sebastian and I walked towards the ball venue. The crowd ranged from glamorous to pretty yet average as some littered the external building. My nerves got the best of me as I clung to Sebastian's side as we made our way inside.

Royal blue and white danced around the spacious room, with gorgeous drapes that fell to the floor and lights that resembled stars all over the ceiling. The decor was just as beautiful with snacks and "punch" on certain tables. I smiled excitedly at the full dance floor and hype DJ that played quality music.

"Can I get a kiss?..and can we make it last forever"

"Said I'm about to go to war..

" and I dunno if imma see you again"

Sebastian smiled at my excitement before guiding me towards the dance floor. I shook my head, dismissing his idea but he charmed me into it. So there we were, dancing in the middle of the dance floor as Tyler the creator flowed through the air, intoxicating everybody. It felt absolutely magical as I moved and danced with Sebastian. The neon lights switching from blue to white every now and then. They complimented my date very well, in that moment he looked effortlessly beautiful and I was having fun..genuine fun.

Soon the music switched up and I was getting tired, so Sebastian offered to get me a drink. I accepted and went over to a table to wait for him. I tried to bite down the smile on my lips when he backed away from me with a goofy grin on his face, clearly checking me out.

"Boy you better walk straight or you gon fall"

I commented, letting the smile loose immediately. Sebastian smirked and I already knew he was gonna say something corny;

"For you? I'd defiantly fall"

There it is. He's so goofy!
And what does he mean by that?

I giggled, playfully rolling my eyes at his attempt at flirting with me. Internally, as much as I hated to admit it; I folded a little.

What was going on wit me!?

I shook the thought out of my mind, deciding that it was merely a corny joke between...friends. Yes friends.

Sebastian then went to get my drink, leaving me to my thoughts, eventually deciding to rummage for my phone from inside my purse. I took out the iPhone, glancing at the notification on my wallpaper. My stomach churned and my smile immediately faltered;

Daddy Lamar❤:
I miss you

The faltered smile on my face still very present, I felt immediately conflicted.

What the fuck was I doing?.

No seriously, what the fuck!?

Here I am, at the dance with Sebastian.. Flirting..while I like Lamar, who by the way, I was lying to!

Oh god...

I felt my emotions start to take a toll on me as I stared at the message. Before I could press onto the screen, I flinched at the hard yet slight spank I got on my behind. My head whipped towards the culprit in shock, but shock turned to a sigh of both relief and humour as I glanced over at Kara who now stood beside me.

"Okay sexy!, you look gorgeous"

I smiled, placing my phone down then focusing my attention on Kara who was dressed in a beautiful floral gown, with her orange coils set free and her face with a light tint of make-up.

"You look beautiful too Kar, where's your date?"

I ask curiously as a light blush spreads on her cheeks.

"She's around, we just arrived and I kinda lost her once I saw your ass"

She hummed before stating once more;

"I should probably look for her"

She said sheepishly, making me chuckle at her behavior. I shook my head, hugging her then watching as she went off to look for her partner.

"There you are"

I then turned my attention towards Sebastian who had just arrived with our drinks. I took the plastic glass from his hand, taking a sip from mine. My lips twisted in disgust at the bitter sweet taste that filled my mouth.

"What the hell is this?"

I swallowed anyways;

"Punch"

Sebastian chuckled, taking a swing from his then getting seated beside me. His cologne inviting me closer towards him as we sat and spoke, laughing here and there. We sat like that for a good hour, till Daniel Ceasar broke our conversation short.

"Alright y'all, time to switch things up..if you got a girl or a guy with you, get them to the dance floor!"

The DJ spoke up, gaining most peoples attention.

I smiled immediately and Sebastian caught note of that. He then rose from his seat once more;

"A beautiful song, to dance with a beautiful lady?"

I blushed once more, taking his hand as he guided me once again to the dance floor.

"Oh yeah, oh yeah baby..

Who.......who would've thought
I'd get you"

I looked up at the DJ and noticed that it was one of the students of my highschool, I nodded approvingly at his playlist before Sebastian's hands on my hips caught my attention. I choked a little, slowly wrapping my arms around his neck and immediately relaxing to his touch. So relaxed; I let him pull me closer to his chest. His eyes held mine as we swayed with other pairs on the floor. His gaze was intense, so intense I quickly looked away, too shy to face him.

"Mani.."

I hummed, still looking at our shoes as we swayed. His hands gripped my hips and I shivered, feeling my stomach flutter.

"I'm glad you agreed to come to the dance with me..even though you didn't want to"

That caused me to immediately look up at him, meeting his eyes once more.

That very statement made me feel slightly guilty;

"Sebastian.."

"No it's alright, the fact that you're here with me now..is all that matters"

My heart began beating uncontrollably. I wasn't sure if it was something he said, or our close proximity but it was all I could hear as we kept eye contact.

Ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom!

Was all I could hear, unaware that our faces had neared each other. Then, our lips connected. It was a passionate yet brief kiss, till I pulled away then stumbled back from his hold.

My mind was racing at the same pace as my heart.

"I- I need some air"

"Wait- Armani"

I quickly rushed for the exit of the venue, taking in as much oxygen as I could while trying to calm down.

What was going on with me!?

I breathed in and out, till eventually I had calmed down.

I balanced against the wall of the building, doing breathing exercises. I stayed that way for a good fifteen minutes.

"Mani?.."

I looked up, only to be met with brown eyes that belonged to a head filled with braids that had been tied back. I swallowed hard, and my stomach immediately fell to my toes.

"Lamar?"

His lips twisted up and he walked closer towards me. He was dressed cute yet simple, almost like he had not been expecting to come here.

"Hey, you look..fyne as hell, wha'chu doin' here?"

I could ask the same for you?!

"Uhm, oh I just got here, cuz I decided to change my mind..Cuz kara forced me to be her date, so I came here, with kara- what are you doing here?"

I rambled then Lamar nodded;

"I got home early after seeing my uncle so my boy told me to come here so we could go to the Manlyn after party"

I nodded, feeling like the world had been spinning twice as fast.

What.the.fuck!!!!

"Oh..."

Lamar grinned innocently at me, looking at my figure in pure admiration and all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and die.

"Yeah, that's why I called you an hour ago to ask where you was and if we'd be able to--"

"Mani!?"

Oh god, kill me...

Sebastian hollered from behind me, making Lamar furrow his brows. My eyes grew hot at everything that was unfolding around me.

"There you are..are you alright?, I was so worried when you walked out..."

I stood up straight, finding it hard to look at both the males in front of me. Sebastian being by my side while Lamar a few steps below me.

"What's he doing here?"

Sebastian asked looking towards Lamar's direction, I just remained silent. Unable to speak.

"I'm just checkin' on Mani"

Lamar simply replied;

"Thanks but my date is just fine"

Jesus...

"Date?...oh..I see, from the matching tie"

I immediately whipped my head towards Lamar's direction, feeling my heart break at his face. He looked absolutely hurt and I just wanted to go down there and make it right...but my feet were stuck...

"Lamar.."

I managed to croak out;

"Nah, I get it now.. Y'all have a good night"

No wait!

"Yeah Armani let's go"

Sebastian lightly grabbed my arm, trying to guide me into the venue as I watched Lamar leave.

Well..there goes that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.7K 16
"My name is Maurice." He finally answered, his eyes shifting away from hers, "Also, your arm is bleeding." He pointed to the wounds going down it. Br...
910K 29.5K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
6K 116 15
Pain narrows consciousness; pleasure blurs it. "Trina, stop, we can't," Spencer mumbled as the female traced kisses down his neck. "Why can't we? No...
6.5K 97 5
Sry, I'm having a difficult time with my account. Can't post for now.