Hiraeth ; Meteor Garden 2018

By callistajuliette

【retelling of meteor garden 2018!】 .... ❝Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.❞ (I don't own M... More

Prologue
Official Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Life update
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Life Update #2
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Hi!

Chapter 21

2.1K 83 38
By callistajuliette

Shuijing

The next day, I was woken up by my phone ringing. I groaned as I covered my head with a pillow but the phone continued to ring. I screamed into my pillow and removed it before reaching over and answering my phone.

"Hello?" I croaked out, tiredness evident in my voice.

"Shuijing?" A woman's voice answered.

"Zhuang jie? Why are you calling me so early?" I asked.

"Is Ah Si there?" She asked. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Huh? What do you mean Zhuang jie? Isn't Ah Si in London with you?" I asked, confused.

"That little brat has been gone since yesterday. I'm sure he's already there in Shanghai Shui. Will you call me when you find him?" She said.

"I will Zhuang jie." I answered as she hung up. And not even a few seconds later, another call came.

"Shuijing. Where are you? Get to Mingde now. I'm back." A demanding voice said and I groaned.

"Ah Si. It's too early for- Wait a minute! Why are you back in Shanghai?" I asked, annoyed.

"It's a long story. Just get over here now!" Ah Si said as he hung up. I groaned as I stretched and got out of bed. My phone beeped and I was about to complain again until I saw the name.

"Good morning Shui. We already went home and we're going to head to school after. Ah Si is back in Shanghai so don't tell him where we are, okay? ;)- ZuoZuo."

I laughed and I shook my head. Oh, what were they planning now? I got into the shower and thought about Ah Si's reaction to whatever prank they were planning on doing. After 10 minutes, I got out and dried my hair before heading to my walk-in closet to change. I changed into a deep blue suede short-sleeved midi dress and black suede ankle strap sandals with gold heels. I fastened on some silver crystal bar dangling earrings. I curled my hair slightly and grabbed my phone and car keys. I headed downstairs, walked to my car, and drove to Mingde.

Ah Si met me near the Bridge Club Room and gave me a hug. I gave him a hit behind the back of his head in response.

"Shui! What was that for?" He complained as he rubbed the spot where I hit him.

"You idiot! Why are you back in Shanghai? Auntie will not be happy with this." I scolded as Ah Si opened the door to the club room.

"Stop yelling. I swear it's like your Jie's younger version." He said as he walked down the stairs. I looked around. The rest of the boys weren't here.

"Where are they?" I asked and Ah Si shrugged as he pulled out his phone.

"Hello, Ximen? Where did you three go?" Ah Si asked and I gestured for him to put it on speakerphone.

"Ah Si, we came to London to see you. We just landed. Where are you?" Ximen answered and I smugly smiled as I looked up and saw the boys on top of the staircase. Meizuo gestured for me to be quiet, I nodded and turned back to Ah Si.

"What? I came back to Shanghai. Come back here." Ah Si demanded and I stifled a laugh.

"We can't. Because of you, we enrolled in a school in London. We already paid the tuition fees." Ximen complained.

"I don't care. Come back here." Ah Si spat.

"No.Lei said that he's not coming back anymore if you're not talking to him." Ximen stated.

"Who says I'm not talking to him? I have a lot of things to tell him. Ask Lei to come back." Ah Si said.

"What do you want to tell me?" A voice called out from upstairs and Ah Si looked up. I smiled as Ximen and Meizuo gave him a teasing wave.

"So it's a prank?" Ah Si asked annoyed.

The three boys walked down and once they reached the last few steps, Meizuo and Ximen stayed put while Lei walked over to Ah Si and me. I smiled and went up next to Ximen and Meizuo.

"So what do you want to tell me?" Lei asked with a smile. Ah Si turned to him with a nervous look on his face.

"Lei. What happened before..." Ah Si started.

"Which one?" Lei asked with a mischievous look.

"Regarding the Spiderman." Ah Si frustratedly answered.

"I don't mind. However, I think you still owe me an official apology." Lei teased as he turned to look at the three of us. Meizuo and I nodded.

"Ah Si, you're my good friend but you should really apologize to Lei for that." Ximen pointed out.

"I want to film this historic moment where Daoming Si apologizes." Meizuo teased and laughed as he stood back and took out his phone. Ximen and I moved closer to him to see his phone.

"Go away." Ah Si scolded as he turned to look at Lei.

"Lei. Regarding Spiderman and me forcing you to go away, they're all my fault. I'm officially apologizing to you." Ah Si said as my jaw dropped as he bowed to Lei. Meizuo and Ximen oohed in amazement.

"What are you doing? I'm not dead yet." Lei said with a laugh. Ah Si lifted his head and looked at Lei who gave him a smile.

"This moment is so precious. I want to post this. It'd surely be a hit." Meizuo joked as he kept recording.

"Definitely." Ximen said and I nodded in agreement.

"Hey, don't you dare." Ah Si threatened.

"Stand properly." He whispered to Ximen who walked a few steps above and stood still.

"I want to officially apologize to you." Meizuo said as he bowed to Ximen.

"Okay." Ximen answered as Ah Si moved to strangle Meizuo. I moved out of the way and walked over to Lei who placed his arm around my shoulder while I hugged his torso. I laughed at the boys antics.

"Hey, don't go too far. I'm telling you. Don't go there. Come on. Delete all of it." Ah Si threatened as he tried to strangle Meizuo with his arm while reaching for Meizuo's phone. We just laughed at Ah Si's desperation as Meizuo safely tucked his phone in his coat pocket.

"I don't want to." Meizuo said in between laughs. I smiled and laughed as Ah Si continued to reach for his phone through his coat.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After that, the boys were talking about what had gone on in some of their classes. They were having fun teasing Ah Si for staying over at Shancai's house the night before when suddenly his phone rang. He had a panicked look on his face when he saw the caller ID.

"Oh, no! It's my sister. My sister is calling me! Quick!" Ah Si panicked as he passed his phone to Ximen who hid behind his book to avoid answering it for Ah Si.

"Let me do it. I like Zhuang jie." Meizuo said as he held out his hand for Ah Si's phone.

"Hi, Zhuang jie." Meizuo said as he gave Zhuang jie a small wave and a smile.

"Ask my brother to talk to me." I heard her say since the phone was on speaker. Meizuo glanced at Ah Si who gestured for him not to tell her he was there.

"He says he's not here." Meizuo answered nonchalantly as Ah Si gave him an annoyed look which he smiled at.

"Stop it. I know he's right beside you. Ask him to talk to me." Zhuangjie said as she sighed.

"You can talk to me first, or Shuijing,-" Meizuo started as he turned the phone to me.

"Hi Zhuang jie." I said as I waved at her and smiled.

"or Lei,.." Meizuo continued as he turned the phone to Lei.

"Hi." He said as he smiled and gave her a small wave.

"Or Ximen." Meizuo ended and turned the phone to Ximen.

"Hello Zhuang jie." He said as he waved at Zhuang jie before returning to his book.

"All right. You're not letting him talk to me, right? Then I'll sing." Zhuang jie threatened as she cleared her throat and my eyes widened. I immediately covered my ears.

"The most beautiful woman in the world Is named Daoming Zhuang" Zhuang jie sang way off-key and Meizuo flinched.

"Ah Si suddenly appeared." Meizuo said in a desperate attempt to stop Zhuang jie from singing as he tossed the phone to Ah Si who caught it.

"Hey." He complained as he looked at Meizuo.

"We'll go first." Meizuo said as he grabbed my hand as I stood up and walked away.

"Good luck Ah Si. Call me later if you're still alive." I joked as Ah Si glared at me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shuijing

After that, I had to leave to meet up with my parents for an important lunch meeting. They asked me to wear something presentable so I had to drop by my house first. Wearing a mini dress wasn't exactly my parents' definition of "presentable". So I changed into a dark purple sheath dress with long ruffled sleeves and black patent leather ankle strap pointy toe stiletto heels. I straightened my hair and fastened on some long silver criss-cross dangly earrings. I grabbed my car keys and phone and headed out to my car.

After 10 minutes, I had arrived at the restaurant. I walked inside and saw my mom who waved me over. I smiled and walked over to her and Dad, kissing them both on the cheek.

"You look lovely dear!" My mom complimented as I gave her a smile and nodded as I sat down. I noticed three other seats that were vacant. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Are we waiting for someone?" I asked, gesturing to the seats which made them look at each other.

"Just some friends of ours darling. You remember the Kims, don't you? Their company is based in South Korea." Mom explained and I nodded.

"Yeah, they're very nice, and frankly, I like them the most out of all your friends." I joked which made them smile slightly.

"Well, their son just finished college and is training to be a-" Dad started but stopped and looked at something behind me. Mom and Dad stood up with smiles and I did as well. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were a lovely couple who always visited us whenever they came back from Korea. I used to model their clothing line for teenagers when I was 14 or 15 and loved it.

They all greeted each other and I walked over to Mrs. Kim, giving her a bright smile as she pulled me in for a hug.

"Shuijing! You're all grown up!" She said as she looked at me. I smiled.

"She is darling. But she'll always be the little girl who stole several packets of bread from our house." Mr. Kim teased as he pinched my cheek. I laughed as my face reddened in embarrassment.

"Let's sit down." My dad said as we moved to sit down. They sat across from us while I sat next to Mom. One vacant seat was left and it was across from me. I assumed it was for their son.

"So where is that son of yours?" Mom asked as I was busy tucking myself in and placing the table napkin on my lap.

"Oh, he's probably-"

"I'm here! Sorry I was looking for a place to park my car." A voice said and it was oddly familiar.

"Oh my, is this him? He's very handsome Mrs. Kim!" Mom complimented and I slowly lifted my head to see this person. My jaw dropped as I looked at him and at the same time, he stared back and gave me a teasing smile. This was the guy I had met at the airport!

"Hi, Shuijing. Told you we'd meet again." He teased as I continued to stare at him, clearly confused.

"Y-yeah. So we have." I said, still in shock.

"You two know each other? Oh, how wonderful sweetheart!" Mrs. Kim cried out and this guy laughed in response.

"Uhm. Not exactly. I believe I didn't catch your name. Nice to meet you, Mr-?" I asked as politely as possible as I stood up and stuck my hand out for him to shake. He grabbed it slowly but instead of shaking it, he placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand and slowly looked up at me.

"Jongin, Ms. Tengtang. Kim Jongin. But my friends call me Kai." He answered as he slowly let go of my hand and gave me a small smile.

'Oh, God. Why do I get the feeling this guy is going to stick around for a while?'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

New Character Alert:

Kim Jongin/ Kai of EXO & SuperM as Kim Jongin

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 1.9K 51
the journey of a quiet, closed off man and a fiery, maturing girl who deal with heartbreak, love, and abuse whilst trying to find themselves and who...
19K 1.7K 25
"I swear I am not lying to you! And I will tell you more: I think I am in love! She's the right girl, I can feel it! It was like the beginning of a l...
43.7K 2.3K 40
Hi everyone! I m a first time writer here. DIYUE are the first couple I shipped after such a long time being away from watching dramas. I am inspired...
62.9K 1.2K 30
[Huaze Lei X Reader] ❝I was waiting for you to stop me but you didn't. So I left.❞ ||Meteor Garden (2018) Reboot - Rewritten|| He is an autistic an...