Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
28.Dilemma
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
32. After the big day
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
36.When you're alone
37.Unexpected guest
38.Lie calls problem
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
47.Sweet tears
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
52. End of wait
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

9. Worsening Problems

131 21 69
By Sparkling_star146

Warisha's POV

I was standing outside a local cafe,thinking if I should go inside or not. It's 4:10 PM,I'm already 10 minutes late.

After letting everyone know my decision yesterday,abbu let them know our opinion. Then Wajed uncle called abbu and asked if I could meet Alyan as he had few things to talk with me. He said Alyan is supposed to go back in the city tomorrow,so he wants to make everything clear between us before our families proceed with this relationship. As our families want to conduct the engagement(actually marriage in islamic terms) after my exams,in next month.

At first I didn't want to come. I mean,it's so awkward,me meeting him at a cafe,alone. I don't even know him properly,so it seemed very weird to me. But abbu said that if we want to take things further,we have to know each other,talk about some things which are needed. And in this,someone else's presence can be misleading. So overall,I have to meet him alone(and by alone,I mean without any family member).

I took a long breath and proceeded towards the cafe,trying to control my nerves. As I know,our first meeting didn't go very well.

I went inside and looked at my surrounding. There's not much people. I was looking for Alyan and there he was,waving at me from a table at the back of the cafe. He is wearing a grey tee shirt with black jeans.I nervously went towards him. He stood up and smiled at me.

"Assalamualaikum." I greeted him as he signalled me to sit on the chair,opposite to him.

"Walaikumassalam." He said smiling at me.

And silence......

"So...how are you?" He asked me,eager to break the silence.

"I'm good. What about you?"

"Alhamdulillah,I'm fine. Will you have anything?"

"No,thanks."

"Nothing? Come on,we didn't come here just to sit and blabber. Let's have coffee."

"Yeah,that's good."

Alyan ordered two coffees and looked at me.

"Well,abbu told me about your familys opinion. And you must also know,my family also liked you. Now they want to proceed with this relationship. But before anything,I want to make some things clear. As you know,it's a big decision for both of us and I don't want to spare any confusion or something." Alyan said with a serious look.

I just nodded at him.

About what does he want to talk to me?

"Firstly, are you being forced in this?" He asked me out of blue.

"No,why do you think so?" I asked him raising my brow.

"Don't take me wrong but normally people don't get committed at such an age. You're just in college right now. You have a long way to go,don't you think it to be too early?" He asked me with a bit of confusion in his voice.

"Hmm it's true that it's very early. Frankly speaking this is what I thought when ammi and abbu first talked about this to me. Abbu has some major health problem which is making him unsecured of his existence. He is tensed about me,what will happen to me if he leaves. And so he wants to tie me with someone,just to make sure I'll be fine if anything happens to him." I said trying to keep my voice steady as some unknown fear was making me weak thinking about abbus health.

"You know that's not true. Allah forbid,if anything happens to him that doesn't mean you will be alone. You can go ahead with your life. Though it's normal from his side to be tensed about you. Does that mean you agreed to this proposal just to assure uncle?" He said. I don't know why I sensed uneasiness in his voice.

"That's a point. But it doesn't mean I just agreed for this. I discussed with some others about this and I felt that actually there's no harm in this. Today or tomorrow, I have to get married,that's the truth. And if my family wants to choose someone for me now,I don't have any problem. In short,no one's forcing me in anything. I agreed to this relation with my free will, without any pressure." I said with determination.

He smiled at me,hint of astonishment on his face.

"You relived me. I don't want you to be forced or pressurised to this. I don't want to be the cause of ruining someones life." He said.

"I can also ask you this question. Why did you agree to this?" I asked him making him shocked.

"I didn't expect you to be so advance. Well,I agreed to this because of my ammis will. I live away from her and she has this fear that I might end up my life running behind any girl. So she wants to be assured making me committed to a girl of her choice. And just like you I didn't see any harm to this and thus,I agreed." He answered.

"Hmm. May I ask you something?" I asked him and immediately mentally gave a slap to myself as a I didn't ask this before my first question.

"Obviously, go ahead." He chuckled seeing me frowning.

"Abbu told you that I also want to study further after 12th. From my childhood,I want to be a doctor. Even if I fail to get admitted in a medical college,I have plans to continue my study in any university. I just wanted to know if you and your family agree to this or not."

"Obviously, you don't even have to ask. I will be happy if you continue your study and I'm sure ammi and abbu also won't have any problem with this." He assured me.

"Thanks. This thing was bothering me." I smiled at him. At first I was so nervous about this meeting but now I am not having any problem discussing this things with him. This made me wonder,am I getting comfortable around him?

I was thinking this when Alyan's phone rang. He looked at me seeking a moment and I nodded. He accepted the call. And right then,he took the phone away from his ear frowning.

I gave him a questioning look. I heard someone screaming enthusiastically on the other side. He cut the call.

"What happened?" I asked him,clearly confused.

"It was appi. Salwa told her that I am here with you and she got overly excited. She thinks we are out on a date or something and started teasing me." He said sighing. And again his phone rang. He looked at the screen in horror and silenced the phone.

I started laughing at his look. At this he looked at me, shocked expression on his face.

"What happened?" He asked raising his brows.

"Look at your reaction." I said trying to control. Oops, that's bad.

"Very funny. Maybe you forgot you are the one Appi thinks I'm out in a date with. And thus,she's advising me to take a picture of our 'FIRST DATE' sitting beside you and send her. Now shall we?" He gave me a mischievous smirk.

And it made my brain catch it's signal again. Has he gone mad? Taking pic sitting beside him?

"Umm...I'm sorry." I said being embarrassed. He smiled and shook his head.

"Forget it. Appi and her weird behaviour" He sighed.

"So I think it's final then." He said.

"Yeah."

"It's not final,it's AWKWARD!!!" My brain slapped me.

Suddenly, a group of boys came inside. One of them looked at Alyan and advanced towards us,smiling.

"Hey Alyan. You here?" He asked Alyan.

"Assalamualaikum Jahid. Long time no see" Alyan got up and hugged him.

"Walaikumassalam bro. How would you see us? You left the town for studies. I also lost your number. When did you come here?"

"Last Friday." Alyan replied.

Then his friend looked at me and smiled.

"Assalamualaikum." He said clearly confused about my identity.

"Walaikumassalam." I replied.

He took Alyan a bit away from the table.

"Woah bro. Weren't you the one in college who always used to give us lecture to avoid girls? And now you came all the way, dating here with bhabi? Not fair." He was smirking at Alyan.

I was looking at them with a shocked expression and Alyan looked at me. He understood I heard everything. His ears turned pink with embarrassment. I also looked away feeling awkward.

"It's not like that." Alyan reasoned but his friend ignored him.

"Come on,admit it. No need to act innocent."

"Trust me,she is not my girlfriend." Alyan said in a low voice though I heard.

"Whatever. Now I have to go,friends are waiting. You enjoy your date." He winked at Alyan and went away.

Alyan came back and sat on his chair. He was not looking at me,being embarrassed. Couldn't he just say I'm his cousin sister?

"Yeah,and he comes to talk with his cousin sister alone in a cafe right?" My brain again interfered.

"Sorry,he was just an old friend,making fun. Don't mind" He said.

I nodded.

Aaaand silence!!!!

"So.....what's your thought about climate change and global warming?" I said trying to break the silence.

He looked at me being shocked and at the moment,we burst out laughing.

Rest of the MEETING went talking about anything and everything.

I won't deny,I like him as a person and enjoyed talking with him. If I had any doubt about him,now I'm quite sure that I can try to make a commitment with him.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Warisha,go and check the door." Ammi yelled at me from her room as the bell rang.

I rushed towards the door thinking it to be the milkman.

I opened the door and saw that no one was there. I looked around in search of anyone and noticed there was a small box carefully kept on the switch board.

"What is this? And who kept it here?" I thought by myself and looked around just to see if I could figure out who did this. But still,no sign of any human being. I wrapped my hand with my dupatta to make sure it was safe to touch and took the box.

This box was merely 3 inch wide. Wrapped with a black and red shiny paper. I closed the door and went back in my room,trying to avoid ammi.

Closing the door of my room,I sat on my bed and tore the wrapping paper. Inside was a box of light red color,like those ring box. I opened the box just to reveal a ring.

What!!

It's a silver color ring with small red color beads on it,shaping a heart. I felt something under the pillow of the box and removed it,only to discover a folded piece of paper. I opened the paper.

"For my arrogant love,Warisha❤❤"

What the hell is this? Who sent this?

Wait,it refers me as 'arrogant'. And Zayan once mentioned me to be arrogant. Does that mean he sent this?

Oh my Allah!! He knows my address. But how?

That scoundrel!! I'm sure that scoundrel who used to follow me in my way back home is the one. I'm sure he is Zayan's friend. Or maybe that was he,himself! I just didn't notice!

"Good that ammi or someone else didn't find it. Or else I don't know how would I have managed them." I said by myself. I took the box and kept it in my drawer,under my clothes. I know I should throw it out,but I feel that one day it will come handy.

"Warisha,open the door." Ammi yelled from outside making me jump. I composed myself and opened the door.

"What are you doing closing the door in the morning?" Ammi asked me suspiciously.

"Nothing,ammi." I reasoned.

"Who was at the door?"

"No one. Maybe any naughty kid rang the bell and ran away."

"But that never happened before."

"Oh ammi,just forget it." Ammi was about to say something but the oven's timer went off,making her rush.

I sat on my bed with a relived sigh. This matter is worsening day by day.At first,he used to observe me,then he started trying to talk to me. Then he started pressurising me,and now this. He knows my address too. Day by day,he's getting desperate. And I can't even do anything,as I don't have any proof against him. He is too shrewd to make any mistake.

And with my engagement(or something else) approaching,I don't want any drama. I don't want to dishonour my parents. If Zayan gets to know about this and does anything stupid,I'm doomed.

What should I do? Why is this happening with me?

Show me some mercy Allah!!

.....................
..........

Assalamualaikum lovely people.

I know I'm late. And all thanks to my sister for breaking the screen of my tab and making me kick out her from the room at midnight.

How was the chapter? Now one thing I want to discuss is Islam doesn't allow man and woman to meet alone before marriage,without the presence of any mahram. But here Warisha or any other people don't reflect a perfect muslim. They also go with the social traditions. So no offence.

If you liked the chapter please vote and comment.

Allah Hafiz💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 566 34
Been #1 in Chandigarh #2 in Mumbai #2 in entrepreneurs Ruhi Singhania. The CEO of Earthly Fashions. She is known for her luxurious lifestyle, outstan...
549K 23.7K 68
Dr. Anya Sharma, owner of Fortis and well known neurologist... known all over the world due to her talent. Smart,beautiful and intelligent... A perfe...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 35.6K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
79.7K 6K 50
"Is she mine?" Freen asked with shaky hands watching the little kid playing on the playground. Her hair cascade on her shoulders, her eyes were brown...