Percy Jackson: Ancient Greek...

By GoBlueNYC

Born about two decades before the Trojan War, Perseus lost his mother because of Zeus' hatred of Poseidon and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AN 1
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
NOT AN UPDATE (story in progress)

Chapter 25

4.9K 68 6
By GoBlueNYC

AN: Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed my last chapter. Anyways, thanks so much for the support so far, it really makes me want to write more. Let me know what story you guys want next (it will probably be a PJ/Arrow crossover, but not what you are thinking, sorry if you don't enjoy it), and please enjoy!

Recap:

Perseus gave each of them a look over. "At least let me heal you guys," he said. Perseus pulled some water from the pool and it spread over Grover, Annabeth, and Maximus, causing their cuts to close. They looked in shock as the water worked its magic on their injuries.

"Thanks!" Annabeth said quickly. Perseus nodded curtly before turning away.

"You three need to have a chat with that scumbag Ares," Perseus said. "Unfortunately, I can't do anything, but I'll be there if you guys need help beating him up."

Maximus cracked a smile and put his arms around his friends, causing Annabeth's face to turn red once more. Perseus laughed before following them out of the waterpark and back to the diner.

Present:

Ares was waiting for them in the parking lot. Perseus stood in the shadows, away from the eyes of the war god, while the three questers stood in front of him.

"Well, well," Ares said with a smirk. "You aren't dead. What a surprise."

Perseus rung his around the collar of his shirt to prevent him from jumping out and strangling the war god.

"No thanks to you," Maximus said. "You knew it was a trap."

Ares smirked at the trio. "I bet the cripple was surprised to see a couple of demigods instead of what he was looking for. Besides, you were a star."

Maximus threw the shield at the god. "You're an ass," he retorted, causing Perseus to chuckle quietly and his companions to gasp.

Ares caught the shield and spun it in the air, causing it to change form. He caught the shield, now a bulletproof vest, and slung it across his back.

"There's your ride," Ares said, pointing to an eighteen-wheeler across the street from the diner. "One way to LA, with a stop in Vegas." The trio looked at the truck, which was labeled KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMANE ZOO TRANSPORT. WARNING: LIVE ANIMALS

Max looked at Ares with a dumbfounded expression. "You're kidding, right?"

Ares snapped his fingers and the back door opened. "Free ride kid. Stop complaining. Also, here's something for getting my stuff," Ares said as he slung a backpack off the handlebars of his bike.

Maximus opened it to find money, both Greek and American, a set of clothes for the three of them, and some snacks. "I don't want your..." he started.

"Thank you Lord Ares," Grover said while bowing, making Perseus chuckle quietly at his brother's behavior.

Max gritted his teeth. Being in the war god's presence just made him want to punch him in the face. He looked back at the diner, but couldn't see his brother anywhere, so he turned back to Ares.

"Hey Ares," Max called. "You owe me some information."

Ares laughed. "You sure you ready for this kid?" Maximus eagerly nodded his head. "She isn't dead."

Maximus' jaw dropped. "What?"

Ares slung onto his bike. "She isn't dead. She was taken. She burst into gold dust, which was metamorphosis."

"Why?"

Ares laughed again. "You ever study war kid? She's being used as a hostage, or as bait. She's being used so whoever took her can control you."

Max looked at the war god. "I'm not being controlled," he said stubbornly.

"Sure you're not," Ares said sarcastically, before revving his engine.

"You're pretty smug, Lord Ares, for someone who runs away from statues of your girlfriend's son," Maximus retorted, almost causing Perseus to laugh out loud.

Max felt heat all around him as Ares looked right at him. "I'll see you around, Maximus Jackson. Next time you are in a fight, watch your back," he said before speeding off.

Perseus came out from his hiding spot and reappeared next to the trio. "While that was entertaining, that was not very smart Max," he said, with Annabeth nodding her head in agreement.

"Ugh, he just pissed me off," Max complained.

"I understand," Perseus said. "Many gods have pissed me off, but there are a few I actually like. Anyways, you guys should probably get in your ride. I'll join you guys when you get to your destination," he said, pointing at the truck.

"How will you find us?" Annabeth asked.

Perseus smirked before disappearing into mist, before reappearing on the top of the truck, a cheeky smile on his face causing Maximus to laugh.

As the trio scampered into the truck, Perseus sat on top of it, and lay down, resting for what surely would be a busy day. However, as he went to rest his eyes, he heard Annabeth ask, "Did Luke really say nothing?"

"He said he was close with you," Maximus said. "He also said something about a pine tree." Perseus understood immediately, as Zeus' daughter Thalia was turned into a pine tree to save her from death, and it now guards the Greek camp.

Grover and Annabeth went on to tell Maximus about how Thalia, Luke and Annabeth made their way to Camp Half-Blood along with Grover, and how Thalia sacrificed herself to save Luke and Annabeth, which Grover blamed on himself.

Perseus thought of the satyr sadly. He had to take care of two of the most powerful demigods in his generation, and was blamed for saving two half-bloods while the other made a conscious choice to help save the others.

Perseus stayed alert as he heard Maximus and Annabeth talking, and smiling at their conversation.

LINE BREAK

Perseus woke up with a start as the truck stopped. He looked over the side to see two people getting out of the truck and heading towards the back. He quickly jumped off the side and hit them both in the head, knocking them out. He then opened the door to see a bunch of animals, but no demigods or satyrs.

Perseus quickly used his powers before smirking. "Annabeth, take off your hat, Maximus and Grover, get out from behind the food. Hopefully you guys don't smell too bad," he said while smirking.

The trio slowly exited from their hidings spots with their jaws dropped. "How did you know where we were?" Annabeth asked.

Perseus smiled mischievously. "It's a trade secret. Now let's get out of here."

"Wait!" Grover exclaimed. "We have to free the animals. They are telling me to leave. Can't you hear that Max?"

"Yeah," Max replied. "But only the zebra."

"That's because your father created horses," Perseus said, putting emphasis on your to keep Annabeth off of his scent. While she was twelve, she was remarkably smart for her age, probably due to her genes. "You can hear the zebra because it is a descendant of horses, but lions are not. Come on Grover, hurry up and free them."

After freeing all of the animals into Las Vegas, Max turned to Grover. "Will the animals be okay?" he asked.

"They'll be fine," Grover said happily. "I placed a satyr's sanctuary."

Perseus whistled showing his approval. "What is that?" Max asked.

"Basically they'll reach the wild safely, right Grover?" Perseus said looking over at the satyr.

"Yeah," Grover confirmed. "They will find water, food, shelter, shade, whatever they need until they find a safe place."

"Why can't we have that?" Max complained.

"Because it only works on wild animals," Grover explained.

"So it would work on Max, right?" Annabeth asked innocently, causing Perseus to chuckle.

"Come on, let's go to Vegas," Perseus said as he led them out of the desert.

The quartet walked past multiple hotels, but Perseus didn't want to intervene. However, once they were facing the Lotus Hotel and Casino, he began to feel suspicious, especially when they were offered free cash cards and a room.

"Hey, you guys can explore the games, but I'm just going to look around, alright?" Perseus told the trio. "Don't get into trouble." The trio nodded eagerly at the prospect of the activities the Lotus Hotel had to offer.

Perseus wandered around the hotel, checking out the games while looking for anything suspicious. Suddenly, two kids with familiar looking black hair passed by him, and Perseus wondered where he had seen them before. He vapor travelled to a spot where he could see their faces, and he gasped. The last time he saw those faces were in 1945, when he left Hades' children in the Lotus Hotel.

Realizing his mistake and remembering where they were, he rushed off to find his brother and his friends.

Meanwhile, the trio were having the time of their lives. Maximus was playing an FBI sharpshooter, Grover was playing as a deer shooting rednecks, and Annabeth was building a city.

Perseus went up to his brother first, who he knew the best. "Max, come on, we got to get out of here," he said, shaking his brother on the shoulder.

"Stop brother, I'm playing," Maximus complained.

"We have to save your mother Maximus, she was captured," Perseus replied.

Max turned sharply to face his brother before snapping out of his stupor. "Our quest!" he exclaimed. "Come on, let's go get the others."

Perseus led Maximus to Annabeth and then to Grover, and dragged them away from the games. As they raced out of the hotel, Perseus looked at the trio. "What was that?" Annabeth asked.

"That is the Lair of the Lotus Eaters," Perseus said. "They suck you in and keep you forever. There were people the from the 1940s."

"Wow," Max said. "So how long has it been?"

Perseus sighed. "We only have one day before the solstice. It's June 20th."

"What?!" Annabeth exclaimed. "We were in there for a full week?"

Perseus nodded sadly. "Come on, let's go."

As Perseus hailed a taxi, the four of them squished in the back and Perseus snapped his fingers next to the taxi driver's face. "You will take us to Los Angeles, and we have already given you money. Now hurry up and go quickly," he said.

The taxi driver nodded and sped away. "How did you do that?" Maximus asked.

"I manipulated the mist. Has Chiron not taught you that?" Perseus asked.

"Aha! So you do know Chiron!" Annabeth exclaimed. "And no, he hasn't."

"Well, you guys gotta learn eventually," Perseus said. He looked over at his brother, seeing Ares' backpack. "Hey Max, I thought you threw the bag away."

Maximus looked at his shoulder and saw himself carrying the backpack Ares had given him. "Huh, I guess not," he responded. "Now, let me tell you about my dream."

Maximus described his dream, and Perseus felt disturbed, especially when he mentioned an invisible servant talking to someone in the pit, which he knew was Tartarus, and that he called something other than 'my lord', like a special title.

"Was it the Silent One, or the Rich One?" Annabeth asked. "Those are two names for Hades,"

"Maybe," Maximus said, but he wasn't sure about either.

Perseus leaned into Maximus' ear, speaking so no one could hear. "Was it the Crooked One? If so, just nod, and don't say anything. If not, shake your head, and don't say anything."

Maximus slowly nodded his head, and Perseus swore. "Skatá!"

Annabeth looked over at Perseus. "You know who it is?"

Perseus nodded and looked at her gravely. "Yes, I do. Just know, that the gods will have to prepare for war."

The cab took them to the beach in Santa Monica, where Maximus had been told to go by a Nereid. As he went into the water, Annabeth turned to Perseus. "So?"

Perseus shook his head. "I will not say. This is too dangerous for me to just blurt it out. You will find out when it is time. Also, I assume you know that Maximus is the child of the prophecy?"

Annabeth nodded, with a shocked expression on her face.

"Yes I know about the prophecy," Perseus said, answering Annabeth's unsaid question. "Max knows it exists, but he doesn't know what is says. I trust you and Chiron will tell him eventually."

Annabeth nodded. Perseus turned away from her and looked into the ocean. "It seems like your friend is coming," Perseus said nonchalantly. A few moments later, Maximus appeared from the water, clothes dried.

Annabeth instantly embraced Max, causing his face to turn bright red. Once she released him, he opened his hand to reveal three pearls. "I'm sorry Perseus," he said, giving his brother a sympathetic expression.

Perseus smiled. "No worries, I have other ways to leave the Underworld. Plus Hades is an old friend of mine. Come on, let's go to DOA studios, I know where the entrance is."

Perseus led them to the shadows of Victoria Boulevard. They looked up to see a black sign with golden letters: DOA RECORDING STUDIOS

Perseus walked into the recording studio, the trio behind him, and he walked straight to the front desk. "Hello Charon," he said kindly.

"Perseus, my favourite demigod," Charon said happily. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," Perseus replied. "However, Hades is not. Olympus think that Hades stole the master bolt. However, I know he didn't, but if I get found out, then Olympus will probably kill me for being a traitor or something, so I helped a quest. Could you let me in?"

Charon chuckled. "I want to, because you are my friend, but you know the rules."

Perseus sighed, before putting his hand in his pocket before pulling out a handful of drachmas. "How about now?" Perseus asked.

Charon eyed the coins greedily. "I supposed I have room for four more."

Charon led them to an elevator, which was filled with dead souls. Suddenly, the elevator shifted into a large bronze boat, and Charon's appearance changed drastically. His suit became a long black robe, and his eyes were replaced with dark, empty sockets.

The group looked around, seeing the pollution in the river. "How is the Styx so polluted?" Annabeth asked.

"Because you humans keep throwing in stuff - hopes, dreams, wishes that never came true," Charon said. "Irresponsible if you ask me."

As they reached the banks of the Underworld, they saw a certain three headed dog snarling. "Good luck, old friend," Charon said to Perseus as they disembarked. Perseus gave Charon a slight nod and a smile before leading the trio off the boat.

As Perseus led them closer to the gates, a three headed Rottweiler blocked their path. Perseus reached into his back and pulled out a rubber ball. "Here buddy," he called, throwing the ball at Cerberus. The middle head caught the ball, and the other two heads began to fight over it, allowing the group to pass by the guardian and through the gates.

"Don't ask, I've been here before," Perseus said. "Always good to be prepared."

As they walked through the Fields of Asphodel, Grover's shoes began to sprout wings. "Maia, stop, Maia!" he shouted, trying to stop the shoes from taking him to an unknown place.

"Grover!" Annabeth called as the the three demigods chased after a flying satyr. Perseus knew he could catch them, but wanted to see where the shoes were taking him and confirm his thoughts.

Grover kept flying towards a tunnel, which reeked of darkness. The tunnel widened into a dark cavern, and there was a chasm the size of a city block in the middle, which Grover was heading towards. Perseus knew what it was. "Come on guys, we must save Grover," Perseus said.

"But that's..." Max started.

"Yes, you described it in your dreams," Perseus said, not wanting to scare him. "Now get ready to take the shoes off of Grover." Perseus disappeared into mist and reappeared holding onto Grover. He then disappeared again, this time appearing next to the trio with a barely conscious Grover.

"What did you do to him?" Annabeth exclaimed.

"This is normal, he has never travelled like that before," Perseus said. "Now come on, get the shoes off!" They quickly scampered and took the shoes off of Grover's hooves, and they flew into the chasm below.

As they stood at the edge of the cliff, Perseus heard voices chanting. "You guys heard that, right?" Perseus asked.

Annabeth nodded. "This...this is the entrance to..."

"Tartarus, yes," Perseus confirmed grimly. "Now we must see Lord Hades right now."

Perseus walked them past the Garden of Persephone, where he had to bat Grover's hand away from touching a pomegranate, and to the steps of the palace. Each doorway was guarded by a heavily armed skeleton, whether it be in Greek or US gear.

As they reached the door, they stopped in their tracks. "I guess we should knock?" Max said nervously. Suddenly, the door opened and Perseus walked in, followed by the trio.

Maximus recognized the room, seeing as it was from his dream, but Hades was in his throne instead. He looked scary. He was ten feet tall with pale white skin as if he hadn't seen the sun ever. He wore black robes like Charon, but wore a golden crown.

"You are brave to come here, son of Poseidon," Hades said in an oily voice. "After what you have done to me, very brave indeed. Or perhaps foolish."

Perseus stepped forward in front of the three demigods, and immediately Hades' facial expression changed. "Hello Lord Hades."

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am not going to start my next PJ story yet, I want to add a few more chapters onto this. However, I will start it soon, and it will be a PJ/Arrow crossover. I hope you guys enjoy what i have cooked up for that and the future of this story. Anyways, thanks so much and please review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 109 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...
7.8K 123 21
"𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣...
224K 4.5K 71
Thousands of years ago before the reign of the Olympians, during the time of the Titan Lord, the mortal Perseus and primordial Aphrodite meet and fel...
98K 1.8K 33
He was ridiculed. He was cursed. He was locked away. And then he was forgotten. Perseus the youngest son of Gaea was cursed by the gods and exiled to...