Ice cream, Teasing and Awkwar...

By miadaley17

Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as p... More

Welcome
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue
Ethan's POV - First day of middle school - Part 1
Ethan's POV-First day of middle school-Part 2
Bonus chapter - Chapter one- Ethan's POV
Bonus chapter-Chapter two-Ethan's POV
The Author's note nobody asked for..
New book is out
Another new book out
Book in Ethan's POV is now out!

Chapter 40

153K 6K 16.6K
By miadaley17

"So you just ran out of the house," May said, looking at me in disbelief.

 I nodded my head before groaning in embarrassment. "I know, he probably thinks I'm a lunatic," I whined as I collapsed down on to the bed dramatically.

 It was a Saturday morning, and I was at May's house, updating her about what had happened yesterday at Ethan's house. Chloe was supposed to come down as well, but she said she had a really bad hangover, so couldn't come over.

 "That's because you are a lunatic Mia," May snapped rudely. 

"Well, that was kind of rude...," I mumbled.

"Well, it's true! Sane people tend not to run away from their crush after making out with them, just because they feel their dick rub against them," she snapped bluntly. 

I stared at her in shock, surprised by the statement that had just come out of her mouth. 

There was a pregnant pause before we both burst out into laughter, realizing how funny it sounded when you put it like that. 

"Shut up, it wasn't because of that," I said as I rolled my eyes.

 "It's just weird that we keep making out all the time. He's supposed to be my friend, and that's not what friends normally do," I sighed.

 May groaned and buried her head in her hands. She lifted her head. "That's because he doesn't want to be friends. Ethan likes Mia, Ethan wants to date Mia," she said slowly and simply as though she thought I was an imbecile.

 "If he liked me then why wouldn't he have just asked me out already," I snapped in frustration. 

"Maybe he's scared, you'll reject him, you did hate him for a long time before you became friends," she shrugged.

I processed what she said, and the more I thought about it the more it made sense. Maybe she was right.

 "Why don't you just tell him how you feel, and then see what he says," she suggested.

 "I don't know May...what if he just laughs in my face," I mumbled.

 "If he laughs then he's a fucking idiot, and I'll beat him myself. But I'm sure he won't. The quicker you tell him, the quicker you can stop worrying about this. Just rip it off like a band-aid," she smiled encouragingly.

 I nodded my head, feeling a new burst of confidence. "You know what May, you're right! I think I'll go over there right now," I said standing up purposefully. 

"Fucking finally," she said with a dramatic sigh as she pushed me out the door of her room. "If you're not back in an hour, I'll take that as a good sign," she winked. I snorted as I started to make my way down the corridor.

 "Oh, and if things do go well, remember protection," she said with a cheeky grin.

 "Shut up," I mumbled in embarrassment.

After a short ten-minute walk, I was finally on the familiar doorstep of Ethan's house. I stood outside the door for a solid seven minutes before I finally plucked up enough courage to ring the bell. Soon enough, the door opened to reveal Ethan's mother. 

She smiled warmly. "Oh, hey, Mia. I didn't know you were coming over today, come in," she said politely as she opened the door wider for me. 

"Ethan's upstairs in his room, so feel free to head up there," she said as she made her way back to the living room.

 "Thanks," I called as I made my way over to the stairs.

 Just as I was about to start climbing, I saw Chloe's little brother, Mason, come bouncing down the stairs. 

"Mia," he screamed in his adorable high-pitched voice before launching himself into my arms. I hugged him back with a laugh. 

Mason was basically like a brother to me after being friends with Chloe for so long. "How are you so big. Who keeps feeding you?" I cooed as I smiled down at him fondly. 

 "Chloe, she gives me lots of cookies," he said as he jumped up and down in excitement.

 My smile faded as I remembered poor Chloe, who was probably suffering at home with her nasty hangover. After experiencing the horrors of one myself, I was feeling very emphatic. Even though, technically, it was her own fault, for over-drinking at whatever party she went to last night. 

"Hey, do you know if your sister is alright? Is she still sick in bed?" I asked softly. 

His little face scrunched up in confusion. "Chloe's not sick. She drove us here," Mason said bluntly. 

I looked at him weirdly, wondering how that was possible. Why would she be well enough to drive him here? She said she was going to stay in bed...

Before I could ask him for further clarification, Mason ran the rest of the way down the stairs, clearly bored with the conversation.

I made my way to Ethan's door, and I was just about to knock when I heard voices coming from inside the room. 

He had company?

 I know it's wrong to snoop, but I couldn't resist and pressed my ear up against the door. 

I could just about make out Ethan's voice. 

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just really, really like you, I've always liked you and-"

 I ripped myself away from the door before he could finish. I stood frozen in shock as I slowly processed what he had just said.

 He was confessing his feelings to whoever was in the room with him. 

And did he say yesterday? That meant he had gone to see her yesterday right after making out with me. 

Was I just his cheap slut? 

 I narrowed my eyes and felt nothing but rage. 

I quickly put my ear back against the door to see if I could recognize the girl's voice. I heard a high-pitched squeal of laughter followed by, "Oh my god, that was so cute! Who could say no to that?"

 I instantly recognized the voice and laugh.

 I shook my head in disbelief. It just couldn't be her. There's no way she would betray me like that.

 Would she?

Not being able to take the mystery anymore, I knocked harshly on the door of his room, causing it to practically shake on its hinges. 

Their voices went quiet before the door swung open and revealed Ethan. As soon as he saw me, a horrified expression spread over his face, and when I looked over his shoulder, I felt violently sick. 

The other person in the room was someone I knew very well. A person who I've known nearly my entire life, a person who I'd die for.

 It was none other than my best friend, Chloe. 

 I swear someone could have ripped my heart out with a chainsaw, and it would probably hurt less than looking at the sight that stood before me.

"How much did you hear?" Ethan said slowly, in a shaky nervous voice. 

"I heard all that I needed to," I snapped tightly, my voice cracking harshly at the end. 

His face paled slightly as he looked at me with widened eyes. "A-and w-what do you think..." he asked cautiously, his eyes flickering between my own as though he was trying to read my mind.

I let out a harsh scoff, and I felt tears spring to my eyes. "What I think?" I cried as I pushed him back roughly. "What I think is that you're a disgusting pig, Ethan. How dare you kiss me one day, and then make a move on my best fucking friend the next day!" I screamed angrily, as tears streamed helplessly down my face.

He had the audacity to look confused as though he couldn't even understand why I was upset. 

Suddenly, his eyes widened in realization. "No, no, Mia, you've got it all wrong," he said as he reached out to take my hand. 

"Don't you fucking touch me," I spat as I recoiled away from his hand in disgust. I elbowed past him angrily.

 "And you," I said as I pointed at Chloe. 

"Mia, listen to me," Chloe begged as she looked at me with desperate eyes. 

"You want me to listen to you, do you? Why? So, you can feed me more lies about you being sick." I laughed bitterly. 

"You know, I wouldn't be mad at you if you actually stood up for me and told Ethan to get lost. But you just fucking laughed. You can literally date anyone Chloe, yet you still didn't turn him down. Some friend you are," I spat spitefully. 

She visibly recoiled at my words as though I had just slapped her in the face. "You really think I would do this to you..," she cried, as her eyes started to water. 

"I didn't think you would, but clearly, I don't know how much of a bitch you are," I snapped as I furiously wiped the tears away from my eyes.

I then swung back around to face Ethan again. "And you're a dick," I said as I pushed him back once more. 

"You thought you could just use me like your pathetic little slut and lead me on, did you? You were just using me to get closer to Chloe this whole fucking time, weren't you? Did you kiss me to make her jealous? And befriend me to impress her?" I cried in accusation, feeling sick to my stomach. 

He had the cheek to look hurt, as though my words wounded him. He clearly didn't give a shit about my feelings otherwise he would have never had done this to me. 

"No, No, Mia. I would never. You've got it so wrong," he tried to explain frantically, with a frightened look in his eyes.

 I looked up at him through my blurry vision.

 I was so pathetic, coming over here to confess my feelings for him, thinking he might actually like me.

 "Fuck you both," I spat as I shot them both a nasty look before storming out of the room. I didn't want to spend one more second with either of them.

 I marched down the stairs with as much dignity as I could, but as soon as I had made it down the stairs, I heard Ethan's footsteps as he scrambled to catch up with me. 

I looked back at him with a scoff as I reached for the handle to the door.

"Wait, Mia," Ethan said as he slammed the door shut and blocked my exit. 

"I don't want to hear your shitty excuses, Ethan. Can't you just leave me alone? Don't you think you've done enough," I choked out as more tears slid down my cheek.

 "Please, Mia," he begged in a desperate tone.

 I took a step towards him and stared deep it to his eyes before I let out a harsh chuckle.

 "I was wrong about you Ethan. You really are your father's son. You're a broken, nasty, violent piece of shit. And if you're not careful, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up just like him," I spat as I looked at him up and down with emotionless eyes.

 I smirked as I finally got the reaction I was hoping for. 

He recoiled away from me in shock, and looked at me with lost and broken eyes, as though he could barely even recognize me. Seeing him so hurt triggered a feeling of guilt to stab at my chest, but I quickly reminded myself much how much he deserved it.

 Ethan Blythe could rot in hell for all I cared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Chapter 40 is done! I'm not even sure what to say about this chapter except please don't kill me! So, yeah after I post this chapter, I'm going to go hide.

So, what do you think is going to happen next? 

Next update: Friday (6-8PM-UK time)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

735 62 26
Football player meets figure skater Moving to the middle of nowhere, to a place called Arizona? The desert! Yep, that's my luck. And to top it off, I...
1.1M 18.4K 43
HIGHEST RANKS EVER: #4 in #ENEMIES (2021) #1 in #ENEMIESWITHBENEFITS (2021) #1 in #HUMOR (2020) #1 in #BOYFRIEND (2021) Sometimes in an unproductive...
2.7K 241 32
Being a teenager is tough, and that's before you factor in the boys, jealous exes and developmental issues. -------------------------------------- "H...
819K 19.1K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...