Chasing my Dream

By Rioronnie

An academy fanfiction Pria doesn't think she is worthy of dreaming until two Dads show her the love she has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaoter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Authors note
Chapter 54
Authors note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 40

1.1K 76 1
By Rioronnie

Corey turned back to the screens, Raven was leant against the wall staring at Axel and Axel looked at me his expressions shut down. 

Brandon touched my elbow and I jerked it out of his reach.  They had an update that obviously affected me and instead of coming to get me they had met behind my back.   I heard a shuffle and turned to notice Marc also.  He was looking at his feet and had his hands jammed into his pockets.

"Take a seat Pria" Axel instructed.   I struggled to hold onto my anger but I was heartbroken that they had not included me as a team member     How on earth were we ever to make this work as a relationship when they put me on the outside. 

I took a seat so I could see all of them and Corey turned around also.  I focused on Axel knowing that I didn't want to see them struggling when they created this situation. 

"Your Dad's have been located" Axel stated.

"The container?" I asked and was surprised at the control in my voice.   I wasn't surprised how cold and hard I sounded. 

"Yes, they have been taken to County General.   There is an Academy section and Phil is leading their care" Axel said.

"How are they?" my voice had lost a little of the hardness.

"At first inspection Derek has a broken arm possible rib injuries and a lot of bruising but he is conscious and fairing well" he closed his eyes for a second and continued.  "Gerry is unconscious, he has a head injury and has been rushed as priority" I saw his mask waver as I saw his apprehension.

"Ok can someone give Jacob and I a lift" I warmed my tone and relaxed my appearance.   I wanted to check something first.  

"We will all come with you" Axel said.

"Brandon can I borrow your phone?" I knew at this moment he wouldn't refuse me. 

He passed his phone unlocked and I went straight to his messages.

Group Toma: meeting room now.  Urgent update. 

My heart dropped.  They had purposely called a meeting without me.   I sighed.  Passing Brandon his phone back I stood to leave the room. 

"Do you think it's wise taking Jacob.  Maybe go to the hospital and check on your Dad's first" Marc suggested.

I swivelled back to look at him my anger now apparent.  "I don't leave out my family just because the situation is hard.  We will face it together and support each other.  Isn't that what family should do?" I said. 

I watched Marc gulp and made eye contact with each person to show my disappointment and left the room. 

Pushing back my tears and my own sadness I reached Brandon's room.  I took a few breaths knowing it was more important to be strong for Jacob now.

As I went in the computer game was on the screen but no Jacob.   I heard the toilet flush and he came back into the room.   Looking at me he instantly knew something was wrong.

"Pria?" he looked devastated.

"Hey champ it isn't that bad.  Come on" I led him to the bed and we sat down.

"There is so much to explain but for now I need you to be patient.   Ok?" I watched him nod as I took hold of his hand.  "Our Dad's and I are involved in an organisation that sometimes can hold some danger.  As you know our Dad's went missing.    They have been found and have some injuries.  We are going to the hospital shortly to confirm what's wrong" I explained as gently and calmly as I could.

He nodded again as tears filled his precious eyes.  "Are they going to be ok?" he whispered.

"I can't promise that when I don't know their full conditions.  Daddy D is conscious and has some severe but non life threatening injuries.  Daddy G is unconscious and we need more information.   I need you to get ready whilst I go get some shoes and then we shall go to the hospital and find out more" I squeezed his hand and stood.

"Pria" I looked down at him.  "Thank you for being here" a few tears slid down his cheek.

"My precious champ you are my brother and I will always be honest with you.  Even when it's something I don't want to tell you.  I promised we would always face things together.  I have no intention of breaking that promise" he nodded.

I pulled him up and dragged him into my arms.  "I love you" I felt his shudder as I heard a muffled "Love you sis"

I left him get ready and moved to my room to get some shoes and a warm jumper as I slight shiver had started.

As I finished pulling on a sweater Corey came in.  "Pria?" his voice was quiet and hesitant.   I looked up to see his red and swollen eyes and knew he had been crying. 

"We are Neanderthal men and I think in our stupidity we thought going over the information before telling you was protecting you.  When I saw them carrying out your Dad I panicked I wanted to shield you from that hurt.  I'm sorry we should have told you immediately" I saw the sincerity and regret and it pushed some anger away.   But only some.

"I appreciate that Corey but how you all handled it has hurt.  It made me feel that you don't respect me as part of your team.  More importantly it showed that your not ready for someone else to join your family.  I feel on the outside.  I can't deal with this now.  It's made me realise how much I care thought because of how much it hurt.   All I can promise for now is that we will talk once I've dealt with my Dad's" I explained.

Corey nodded "Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yes I just need to check Jacob is" I stated.

We went to Brandon's room and I found Jacob held in Brandon's embrace as he cried.  I stood frozen at the sight.   It warmed me that he was comforting Jacob and maybe I wasn't as much on the outside as I felt earlier. 

"Hey" I stepped towards them as Brandon released him.  Jacob wipes his eyes and nodded.  I reached my hand out as Jacob took it and we followed Corey out the apartment. 

We didn't go through the underground.  As we came out of Sergeant Jasper Raven was stood with the back door open to his Tahoe.  I released Jacob and he jumped onto the back seat and slid over. 

Raven reached out to me.  I too a step back "Not yet big guy I need space".  He frowned and nodded as I too got into the back seat. 

The ride was quiet.  Jacob clung to my hand the whole ride.  I noticed Axel's Range Rover ahead and presumed the others were together. 

As we reached the hospital I felt my whole body go rigid.   I took a few breaths to calm the sick feeling and closed my eyes.  "Together sis" i heard Jacob say. 

I sent him a watery smile and we both got out.  Axel, Brandon and Marc were stood by the main entrance and as we joined them we all walked in. 

I vaguely heard Axel enquiring about my Dad's and us moving again.  I could feel my heartbeat thundering in my chest.  We entered the elevator and I looked at Jacob who was focused ahead.  He was still attached to my hand and I knew this was an awful situation but he wouldn't forgive me leaving him out.

I felt a hand slide into mine and looked at my side to see Marc.   He didn't looked at me but I laced my fingers with him and took comfort from his sentiment. 

We walked down the corridor as Axel net a nurse they talked and then she showed us into a waiting room.  We all took a seat as a doctor came in carrying a clipboard.

"Derek and Gerry Johnson?" he said. I stood releasing both hands.

"I am Pria Johnson I am their daughter and my brother Jacob is here also" he nodded to us both.

"Ok take a seat Pria" he said as he took a seat and sat opposite us.

"Ok Derek has a broken arm, three rib fractures, extensive bruising, fracture of the cheekbone and is extensively dehydrated. He is stable and is being transferred to a private room shortly" he rubbed his nose. "I want to monitor him for a couple of days before confirming when he can be released" he explained.

"When can we see him?" I asked as I heard the emotion in my voice.

"Once he has been transferred if he is awake you can go through but I have given him a sedative as he's refusing to sleep" he explained.

"That doesn't surprise me" I said.

"I'll get Nurse Lee to update you on Derek as she is in charge of his transfer" he sighed and I held my breath knowing he wasn't looking forward to telling me the rest.

"Gerry came in unconscious, we suspected brain Hemorrhage and after that was confirmed with a CT scan he was rushed into surgery. We will update you as soon as possible" he said.

I was numb and all questions I should have been asking swirled within the tornado in my head.

"Will he be ok?" Jacob asked him.

"There is always risk with surgery and it's imperative we alleviate the swelling. We cannot guarantee he will wake if surgery is successful and we cannot confirm if he will suffer any complications" he stated.

"Complications?" I asked fighting my tears.

"Any long term damage" the doctor stood and returned the chair. "Try not to focus on that there is a long road of possibilities at the moment and worrying about what if's will neither help you or him. He is in capable hands and we had caught the diagnosis early. Any updates and we will come to you immediately. This room is for your use only. If you need anything grab a nurse and I will chase on visitation for Derek" the doctor nodded and turned and left.

I rubbed my face and turned to Jacob. "Hey, Gerry is a fighter and Derek will kick his ass if he doesn't" I tried to say something. Anything.

Jacob looked to me his fear was palpable. I reached my arm in her his shoulders and pulled him close. "We can't make ourselves ill with worry champ we have to stay positive and try our best to be patient ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah I know" he deflated, as we all became silent. All we could do now was wait and wait is what we did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1.8K 20
This is another CL Stone Blackbourne Toma fanfiction. It will be randomly updated and I do NOT own any of the Blackbourne Toma characters, I just own...
81.8K 3.8K 43
Rose is running from someone with the help of her new family Ashely, Raven, Axel, Brandon, Marc, and Corey. Starting over means a new identity but wh...
78.8K 2.8K 13
Sang finds out she's pregnant after a check up with Dr. Roberts. When she goes to share the news with the guys she overhears a conversation that make...
185K 10.7K 39
Tori is already cracked and broken after barely managing to escape her abusive fiancé. She's trying to heal both physically and mentally. She doesn't...