Renovatio

By scolric

We have died. In a previous image. When we were completely unaware Of the self-known as "I". We had abandon... More

Foreword
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
The Metamorphoses
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2

Part 2

149 15 0
By scolric

Suga guided the old woman forward with her hand stretched out. Smiling Jisoo grabbed it and listened as the woman released her grievances. Kai and Johnny stood off to the side as Seulgi and Irene helped the others co-ordinate the line. This town was a small one. Due to Max and Duke's work in spreading the news of Jisoo and the anointed "spirit" within her. Kai's heart was elated. This type of work, spreading the true word of the Spirit of Meta to those who needed faith is exactly what the kingdom needed. Proudly he heard Jisoo recite the prayers that he and Suga had taught her. The old woman thanked her for the blessings and a family of five followed up after her.

"I do not want you to do this Lisa," Patrick looked over to the side. Bella was staring out of the window as Lisa spoke to them, "When will we see you again?"

"I do not know father." Lisa peaked at her mother, "It depends on the outcome," a servant entered and handed Patrick a piece of paper. Sighing, he nodded as he stood up.

"I am needed at the vineyard," he placed the paper in his jacket pocket, "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning."

"Alright, I will continue this with you tonight then," he shuffled over and gave her a kiss on the head. She glanced at her mother, whose back was turned to her.

"Do you have anything to say?" she asked.

Bella faced her arms crossed, "Where will you be going after this?"

"To visit a friend, her name is Somin," she saw her daughter's eyes light up. Chuckling, she sat down on the couch across from her.

"A special friend?"

"Yeah," Lisa smiled softly.

Eyebrows raised Bella pursed her lips in amusement, "Honey do you like her?"

Lisa shook her hands, but the redness tinting her cheeks said otherwise, "No, no. It is just...well she is beautiful. But also, intelligent. I enjoy listening to her talk and well you know."

She placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed gently, "Alright honey."

Lisa appreciated her mother's smile, "Mum, are you upset with me? For taking Jisoo's side?"

Dropping her hand Bella shrugged, "I am upset honey. But not at you," Lisa perked up, "If anything I am upset at myself. Things should not have escalated to this point. But here we are."

"When Jisoo takes the throne, I'll make sure that you won't get punished mum. Well not severely."

"When huh? What if you lose?"

"We won't," said Lisa.

Bella admired her conviction. Youth allowed for that. But she wondered if her daughter was truly ready, "Just promise me to trust your instincts," she said.

"I will," said Lisa.

"Honey, I mean it. When it comes to the princess, I know you tend to ignore your instincts."

Lisa shook her head, "I am going to do my best."

Bella looked at her. She herself was slightly older than Lisa when she joined Eon's insurrection for succession to the throne. She had always imagined providing a more peaceful life for her daughter. But now, she is forced to possibly sending her off to her own death. Her heart ached at the thought.

"Honey, princess Jisoo will destroy you. Especially with those vultures around her," she said.

"Jisoo is surrounded by people who support and believe in her mum. Moreover, she would never do anything to hurt me."

"I had carried the same thoughts when it came to King Eon," Lisa saw her mother's eyes tear, "But look now. He makes me send the light of my heart into battle against me. He has made me send my own child to her deathbed."

Standing up, Lisa rushed to hug her, "I will not die mum. And neither will you," their hug tightened, "I can assure you," she whispered, "Jisoo cares for me mum. She will not let anything happen to me."

Bella shook her head as they let go. She patted Lisa's cheeks, "Love, the path the princess is being led towards will only end in your pain. Trust me when I say, if Jisoo is to be a competent leader then you must get her away from those priests. Away from their beliefs," her hand returned to her side, "If not, she herself will be destroyed and take you along with her," she shrugged as the tears fell, "Can you not see. Learn from your own mothers' mistakes. Learn from me," Lisa was unable to maintain her mother's gaze, "I was in your shoes once. And unknowingly, I followed the wrong one."

Placing down the cup, Chaerin sat across from him.

"Thank you," said Clive as he took a sip, "Where's Dara?"

Chaerin's eyes clouded as she leaned back, "Jennie rode out two days ago. The following day Dara left as well. She said she will be at Minzy's."

"So, you're alone as well?"

Chaerin frowned as he continued, "Taemin left some days ago to Jimin's village," the lines at the corners of his mouth turned downwards, "I still do not know if he will remain with us."

"I do not think he would go to Jisoo's side either," she said.

"I know. But that does not imply he will remain with us," said Clive as he drank.

Chaerin blinked slowly. Truthfully, she and Dara had a huge argument before she left. Neither seen Jennie off. Dara too angered to watch her daughter go and Chaerin too fearful at not stopping her. Their daughter had left without a goodbye. That had sparked the beginning of an intense disagreement and her mind pained at the awful things she had let slipped.

"You should go to her," said Clive crossing his legs, "You and Dara rarely fight. This is unlike you. Considering, it is a time that you need to be together. You still have each other."

A corner of her mouth turned upward, "Thank you. I will think it through," there was a comfortable silence between them before her words broke the air, "Do you ever think of him?" she asked.

Hesitating Clive spoke, "I do. I mean its not like he is dead. He is somewhere out there."

"Does Taemin ever ask of him?"

"Junseo is Taemin's other father," Clive smiled sadly, "He was the one who carried him. They will always share that special bond."

"Have you ever searched for him? I have always wondered where he may have ran off to," she asked cautiously. It surprised none of them. Eon had declared Junseo a traitor. Running away was better than being executed. Then again, having left Clive completely in the dark of all his actions was nearly unforgivable.

"I have. But I do not know where he is. And perhaps that is for the best. I am uncertain of what I would do if I ever saw him," he said. They sat together for a long while, chatting quietly on the past and the foreseeable future.

Jaehyun placed back another book. He looked over to Kat who seemed defeated. They were in the village library. In the same section he had found the black and pink book. Throughout the week they had come here to search for anything that could substantiate the book or its strange language. But like the previous attempts, today appeared unsuccessful.

"Where's Dahyun? We could use an extra pair of hands," she said.

"She's probably still at the border patrols," he answered, "She was eager to help Duncan and Chunga out," his eyes roamed over the stack of books that they still needed to sift through, "But it would be nice to have some help," sighing he bent down and they continued.

"I don't get it Jim," said Chaeyoung.

"Just let me join the archive project. I can be useful."

He shook his head as he walked over to his closet and searched for a jersey, "Chae, there's really no need. We got enough hands," he found the jersey. Closing the closet, he searched for a pair of shoes.

Chaeyoung grumbled. She had been pestering for a while now to let her in on the archive project. Each time he rejected her, it made her more certain that the project was a farse. Not only that but it seemed almost everyone was hiding something. Hyuna and E'dawn refused to speak on their "travels". Kali and Devlin evaded her when they could and Sowon seemed permanently busy at the Defence Towers. And since Taemin arrived, Ren was occupied with him. At this point, Chaeyoung felt that she would need to do something of her own accord.

Jimin shuffled over to the edge of his bed as he shrugged on his boots. She watched him, "Do you think I do not know that you are lying."

He paused, "What?"

"The archive project. Jim, what is it really about?"

Sighing, Jimin finished tying his shoelaces. Standing, he walked out the room. Following, she frowned at his words, "It is exactly what we all have been telling you. No one is lying," he opened the door as they both stepped out. She stood to the side as he locked it. Stepping back, he looked her over.

Placing a hand on her head, he rubbed gently, "Chae, I know you have been restless. But there is nothing going on. Instead of making stories up in your head, take this time to learn how to rest. You have barely had any for how long. Leave the workings of the village to me and the others," his hand moved to her shoulder as he smiled, "I do not know how long this meeting will be. Are you going to come over for dinner again?"

Staring straight through him, she knew there was no point. They were not going to share anything with her, "No it's okay. I am going to stay in tonight."

His brows furrowed, "You sure?"

"Yeah," she said.

"Alright then," he said, "I will see you tomorrow then," he waved as they walked in opposite directions. It was late afternoon, with most of the villagers strolling around. There were preparations for a music troop that would take place in the next few days. But other than that the streets were not very busy.

Making her way to her hut, a carriage passed her by. Stepping aside for it, she stood still for a moment. People strolled past, dressed in robes of various colours. There were young lovers holding hands as they bought food parcels at different food stalls. She could hear laughter from a bar a few stalls from where she was. Turning, she continued to her hut.

She was irritated. Being aware that the others were hiding something from her, and she did not know where to start in doing something about, was unpleasant. Furthermore, that strange sensation of anxiety that ripples through her stomach had returned. She knew that things were occurring, and she had no control over any of it. Arriving at her hut, she took out her keys. But found the door already unlocked. Stepping inside, she locked up behind her.

The first thing she saw was the suitcase at the edge of the open bedroom door. The second, after quickly hurrying over, was Jennie splayed over the bed. Heart racing as the brunette slept, she looked at the case again. Taking it, she placed it aside then made her way over to the bed. Jennie was still dressed in her day clothes. It did not look comfortable. Slowly, Chaeyoung undressed her, making sure to not wake her up. With Jennie only in her underwear, she puffed the pillows and used her magi to put her in to bed. Once Jennie was settled, she tucked the covers in around her.

"Welcome home, baby," she whispered kissing her lips before leaving the room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 9.9K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...
577K 15.2K 21
In which Jennie Kim breaks up with her boyfriend and goes back to Lisa because she just realizes that the one she truly loves is not him but her. **...
Gain By scolric

Fanfiction

57.7K 3.1K 47
"You placed me in a position I never knew I needed. But here I am in front of you. Desperate and ashamed." Park Chaeyoung A fanfiction dedicated to a...
190K 8.1K 51
Captured by humans at such a young age, Lisa was locked in a cage, shackled and tortured. Forced into "human slavery" where captives like her were up...