The 7 Deadly Sins: The Cursed...

By ravenmoon_

Within the realm of the Celestial Palace, where everyone maintains peace and order down to the world of morta... More

Chapter 1: The Mission
Chapter 2: Pride
Chapter 3: Envy & Wrath
Chapter 4: The Secluded House
Chapter 5: Lust On A Rouge
Chapter 6: Sloth
Chapter 7: The Underworld
Chapter 8: Gluttony and Apologies
Chapter 9: Pretentious Greed
Chapter 10: Finally Complete
Chapter 11: Broken Child
Chapter 12: Hide and Seek
Chapter 13: When Love Turned into Lust
Chapter 14: Double Encounters
Chapter 15: Carrot Cakes and Books
Chapter 16: Workaholic or Just Greedy?
Chapter 17: Swallow Your Pride Part 1
Chapter 18: Swallow Your Pride Part 2
Chapter 19: An Emerging Betrayal
Chapter 20: One Point For The Underworld
Chapter 21: The Slap of Failure
Chapter 22: Fears
Chapter 23: Captivity
Chapter 24: Gearing Up
Chapter 25: Save Yourself
Chapter 26: My Nightmare Came True
Chapter 27: Saved By A Traitor
Chapter 28: Who Came To Visit?
Chapter 29: Bloody Battlefield
Chapter 30: The King's Jackpot
Chapter 31: Checkmate
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: The Eclipse
Chapter 34: The Final Battle pt. 1
Chapter 36: In Its Time (The Final Chapter)
The Original Ending

Chapter 35: The Final Battle pt. 2

298 29 39
By ravenmoon_

"No!" Gabrielle yelled and flew towards San. Seonghwa jumped away from them with a victorious smile.

San slid down on the floor and watched the hole in his body widen. Gabrielle crouched down and placed her hands on his abdomen, tears stinging her eyes. "W-What do I do?"

"Shh," San whispered. "It's okay."

"No, it's not! You're dying!"

"At least I died doing what I finally want." San said calmly, ignoring the burning pain he's feeling. "Watch out."

Gabrielle turned around and was lucky to block the sword Seonghwa was about to slash through her. She was pushed to the wall. She held on her sword horizontally while Seonghwa's was held vertically. "How could you do that to him!?"

San couldn't even move. He only watched them by the side helplessly as his body was slowly withering. He let out hisses of pain and hoped for someone to come here to help her.

"He's a traitor, what else should be done? He deserves that." Seonghwa smirked evilly. "Now, you're next."

"Not today." Gabrielle grumbled and kicked Seonghwa by the abdomen, sending him away.

"This is such a familiar scene." Seonghwa chuckled.

"Yes, but this will be the last time."

Seonghwa and Gabrielle clashed once again and this time, they fought like it was the end.

As they both fought off the platform, San watched them silently. He was slowly fading on the ground but he still had a smile on his face. "I wish you luck, my angel."

San closed his eyes as he finally faded, his ashes flying through the chaotic place. It became mixed with the other ashes that also faced defeat just like him.

It felt like forever, the battle. It felt endless for them even though there were many of them dying already. Are there more angels and underworld beings coming? Who knows. Everyone was too caught up in their own battles. After killing, they proceed to another foe. None of them counted how many they were. It was exhausting, especially to the mortals.

"No!" Xion yelled as he was pushed down on the ground. He was now in a battle with a ghoul on top of him, however, Leedo luckily went for him in time.

"None of us are dying, buddy." Leedo picked him up by the hand and Xion nodded. "Yes. No one will."

Gabrielle's eyes just glanced to his side to check up on Xion who was thankfully saved and Seonghwa took this opportunity to attack. He kicked on her shin, sending her down on the ground. He straddled her but Gabrielle was quick enough to block his sword with hers. The blade of her sword was dangerously close to her face.

As their swords pushed further for dominance, their eyes glared at each other with burning rage and determination. Right now, Seonghwa seemed to have more advantage of the situation they're in. This could be the last dead end she'll face. There are no next times. It's either him or her.

Dude, let me survive for the last time. I promise I'll never put my guard off next time.

I won't be careless and relaxed anymore. Please.

If I can't hold on much more I'll be dead.

And damn, I'm getting tired.

But damn, I can't let this jerk win.

"You never learn, do you?" Seonghwa smirked down at her. "You keep on putting your guard off."

That smirk on his face. I hate it.

"You're wrong." Gabrielle struggled to talk. "It's you who never know to cover your blind spot."

Seonghwa looked confused but that didn't last when his face contorted into a look of pain when he felt Gabrielle's knee hit him in between his legs.

Bingo. Those movies Xion let me watch really helped.

This different type of attack shocked Seonghwa so Gabrielle took the chance to flip them over. She raised her sword but Seonghwa blocked it instantly with his own, never admitting defeat.

"First is San," Seonghwa chuckled. "Then it's you, your brother, and all your comrades. I will let them wither into ashes like him. You never had the chance to win against us in the first place for we are superior than you all. You can't even beat me--"

As Seonghwa's words kept on going he suddenly felt his sword getting flipped away from him. The sword clanged on the floor a few meters away from them. "You'll never be the superior one between us because you're all just mere lowlifes. Or even lower than that. Your existence is simply like an unwanted pest. You all deserve to die."

She looked down at him with much hatred. "This is for San."

Without wasting time, she lifted her sword up and forcefully pushed it down to Seonghwa's chest deeply. The ghoul underneath her gasped in pain and looked at his impaled chest, his eyes not believing at the dark ashes slowly appearing. "How..."

"Game over." Gabrielle muttered as she watched Seonghwa scream in pain when his body slowly faded in black ashes.

All that was left is Gabrielle squatting down on the floor with her sword buried onto the now ash-filled ground. When Seonghwa's scream faded, she soon realized that everything fell silent. She looked around and found that the battle is finally over.

Angels were sitting down, some were accompanying one another. More than half of the angels that came here were gone but everyone can say that their deaths didn't go in vain.

Especially San's, even if he's a ghoul.

Gabrielle looked at the boys and was relieved to find them all alive and well despite looking so exhausted and beaten up.

"We won!" Xion smiled widely, waving his sword in the air. For the first time in a while he has smiled. The boys chuckled at the youngest one's cuteness.

"It's finally done." Seoho smiled.

"Dude, my body hurts so much." Hwanwoong groaned as he laid on the ground, only to earn a hit on the chest. "Ow! What was that for!?"

"It's not only you, dude." Mingi laid on the floor as well, his arms spread out.

Ravn looked around to find Gabrielle, worried if she made it or not. When the angel noticed him looking for her, she stood up and whistled for him while waving her hand. "I'm here, mister."

Gabrielle smiled widely when their eyes met. Ravn sighed in relief and walked towards her.

Before she could even speak, Ravn has pulled her into a hug. "Elle, we won! We won!"

"Yes, yes. I know. We did it." Gabrielle giggled and pulled away. "You were all so strong and brave out there. If I didn't know, I'd think you're not mortals."

Ravn grinned at the compliment. "Well, of course. We're the best humans on earth. Give me a dragon and I'll slay it!"

Gabrielle chuckled at how he looks so proud.

"But seriously though, I'm surprised we survived after all of this."

Gabrielle gave him a warm smile. "You survived because you fought for it. You were all strong and brave. Your hearts were filled with goodness that you wouldn't even accept the possible power you'd have from your curse. I'm so proud of you all--"

Everything was going good and relaxed. Everyone was happy. But at the corner of her eyes, she could see a glimpse of the king just a few meters behind Ravn. He was hiding at the corner, crouching as he held onto a bow with an arrow prepared to be released. "I'm not the only one who is losing here."

Gabrielle knew what he was about to do, so before anything happened, she pulled Ravn around and just in time when the king released the arrow, Gabrielle was the one who got hit instead of Ravn. "Don't--"

Ravn looked so confused as he saw Gabrielle's widened eyes. She reached for her back and pulled out the arrow that struck her. She lifted it up and realized it was not an ordinary arrow.

"Elle, what's--" Ravn looked at the arrow in her hand. He was soon cut off when Gabrielle collapsed against him. They were now on the ground. "W-Wait, Elle. Someone! Help! Guys!"

Everyone looked at Ravn who was yelling and saw Gabrielle in his arms.

"Oh, no... W-What happened!?" Keonhee rushed ran towards them. The boys couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"A-Arrow..." Ravn stuttered as he cupped Gabrielle's cheek. "Elle? Please hold on, okay?"

"You!" Seraphiel yelled out of rage when he spotted the king who has dropped the bow and arrow. He flew towards him and without wasting time, he slashed his sword to his neck, cutting his head in the process. Blood splashed onto the ground while his head rolled onto the cemented ground, his eyes open widely.

That was it. The king is dead, but nothing changed.

Nothing changed.

"No, no, no." Ravn frantically muttered as he placed his hand onto Gabrielle's abdomen, as if it'll stop the white ashes from flying away. "Please, stop this. How can we stop this?"

"Damn, this hurts like hell." Gabrielle chuckled, controlling herself from hissing in pain.

"C-Can this stop?" He looked up. His tears were becoming visible as it threatened to flow down. "Someone, do something--"

"It's okay, Ravn. Let it be." Gabrielle held his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Gabrielle." Xion started to cry. They all knew nothing can be done, and they hate it.

"Goodness, why are you all crying. Wipe those tears away." She said, trying to sound unbothered. "I can't wipe them myself, can I?"

"Please don't say that." Seoho clenched his fists as he blinked out the tears pooling in his eyes.

Gabrielle hissed in pain but she only smiled. "I'm going to say this before it's too late. So, please listen."

"Don't." Hwanwoong shook his head. They all knew this means she'll be saying her last words. They don't want to hear it because they don't want her to leave. Saying it means she's going to leave.

"Listen to me, please. Don't be so hard-headed, Hwanwoong." She said as she gave him a weak glare. It didn't look scary for him anymore. It looked sad, and it gave him all sorts of pain inside.

"Hwanwoong, I hope you never forget to clean your room. I know you already are a responsible person but I just want to remind you that."

She really started talking.

"I-I will..." Hwanwoong obediently nodded his head like a kid. "I promise."

"Seoho, I know you have improved so much so please keep it up. You'll find someone who'll see your worth soon." Seoho only wiped away his tears that kept coming back, unable to respond. If he talked, he might explode.

"Leedo, thank you for always controlling your temper. You have improved so much, and I'm proud to witness it. I'll always thank you for it."

"Thank you, Gabrielle. It's all because of you." Leedo replied as he tried controlling his sobs. His response made Gabrielle smile. "It's because of your own self."

"Mingi. I'm happy that you finally saw your faults and knew how to make things right. You're one of the strongest person I know. Have a happy life with Yunha." Mingi just nodded his head silently.

"Keonhee, I'm sorry." Gabrielle said and the tall boy just looked confused at the different message. "Why are you apologizing, Darling?"

"Just... I'm sorry. I hope you find someone who will love you and treat you better. Thank you for the movie, I learned a lot from it."

Keonhee only nodded. He loved to give her a response but he only kept it with his own self, hoping her heart will hear it alone. "You are the love that I have already found. Thank you, Darling. It may not be me carrying you in the arms right now but I'm still happy that you planted roots of love inside my heart. Something I thought I'll never have anymore. I'll make your wish come true and find that person in the future.

"Seraphiel--"

"Don't talk to me." Seraphiel warned her but she only chuckled. "You're the best superior and brother I've ever had."

"I said don't talk to me."

"Thank you for raising me and for making me who I am." She kept on talking so Seraphiel only closed his eyes tightly, feeling the tears flow down on his cheeks.

"Xion, stop crying. You're such a baby." Gabrielle rolled her eyes as she concealed her now glossy eyes. "Never forget to share your foods, okay? You're really the younger brother that I've always wanted. Thank you for comforting me when I had nightmares. Keep comforting people like that."

"And, Ravn--"

"No."

"Let me talk."

"I said no."

Geez, the most hard-headed one of all

"Ravn--"

"You can't disappear, Elle. Please. Stay with me. Stay with us." He began to sob when it was his turn already.

It will be the last message she'll give especially now that her withering body was spreading wider within her.

"Silly," She laughed. "Are you going to marry me? I won't get old."

"Yes, I'd marry you even if I'm the only one who'll grow old between the two of us."

Gabrielle smiled at his sweetness. She honestly hoped she'd feel it a little longer. Maybe forever.

"I'd love to marry you as well, but too bad, things happened and there are just things that aren't meant to be." Gabrielle paused as she took a deep breath.

She has to make him understand.

"Ravn, just think that I am only a chapter of your life, and not your ending. Marry someone who you could grow old together. Marry someone where you can live normally. Take me as a lesson for your future."

"But it's only you, Elle." Ravn started to control his sobs as he let the tears escape from his eyes. "So, please don't leave. I beg you. Please."

Damn, he's so hard-headed.

Gabrielle just smiled, giving up in explaining to him. She held onto Ravn's neck as she tried to lift herself up. "I love you so much... So please live happily for me."

She pressed her lips onto Ravn's, a tear slipping down her cheek. Ravn hugged her as he cried.

He hugged her tightly, until he only hugged himself.

He no longer felt Gabrielle's warmth in his arms, but his own instead.

Xion hugged Seoho as he hid his sobs. Keonhee crouched on the ground as he cried silently. Hwanwoong then crouched beside him as well as he caressed his back, he couldn't even cry anymore. He was just numb. Mingi, Leedo, and Seraphiel just stared at the ground where Gabrielle used to be.

"No." Ravn sobbed. The white ashes flew away through the silent wind but Ravn still hugged himself, as if Gabrielle was still there. His tears never stopped running down and his cries became painfully unbearable to hear.

Their strongest guardian angel has disappeared into ashes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 31 1
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ π’šπ’π’– 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’Žπ’–π’„π’‰?" 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒅, π’‰π’π’˜π’†π’—π’†π’“ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆 π’ƒπ’†π’•π’“π’‚π’šπ’†π’… 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’Žπ’‚π’”οΏ½...
27.7K 1.4K 14
❝y'all batches❞ » in which oneus make a group chat for themselves, but then made the dumb decision to add ateez, causing immense chaos in the said gr...
12.5K 278 35
When 2 of the oldest members of ATEEZ get stressed, they can't help themselves but slip into little space. They always took care of each other when o...
30.7K 2.3K 40
"the end of the world hongjoong." "an apocalypse is upon us and if you guys don't save the day, i can't be sure that there will even be an earth afte...