Pet | joshua

By onlyfordaddysukuna

[Series] Book 3 of Seventeen // Hong Jisoo "I was happy to be by your side, but I never knew that it would hu... More

▫prolouge
Pet | 1. Hyejeong
Pet | 2. Joshua
Pet | 3. Believe
Pet | 4. Come back
Pet | 5. Hate
Pet|6. Witch
Pet | 7. The Challenge
Pet | 8. Mystery
Pet | 9. Fish
Pet | 10. Jealousy
Pet | 11. Understand
Pet | 12. Vice President
Pet | 13. The Boy from Before
Pet | 14. The8
Pet | 15. New VP
Pet | 16. Jealous
Pet | 17. Kwon
Pet | 19. Move out
Pet | 20. Worth
Pet | 21. Wife
22. Go home
Pet | 23. Revelations
Pet | 24. Tell her
Epilouge
Book 5

Pet | 18. Get even

1.1K 61 11
By onlyfordaddysukuna

"I'll start now." I began to feel nervous. I was expecting Soonyoung, Joshua's friend, that's why I was pretty confident.

But now, I have this man who was extremely attractive yet very intimidating.

My eyes were now fixed on the PowerPoint presentation until he called me.

"Good morning, Ms. Mei. I hope that you know who I am." I didn't know if it was only me, but even his smile has an effect that scared people which I assumed that he didn't know.

He was sitting on the center and farthest chair of the table. His legs were crossed. He has a pen that he was playing on his hand. There were six bodyguards behind him and a few more behind the door.

"Yes, Mr. Kwon." I answered politely.

If I only knew it was the great Kwon Jiyong, I wouldn't be here. I've heard his name once from my family. They almost worshipped him, but in the end, he didn't take a deal with us.

Suddenly, Mr. Jiyong sat properly and looked at me with his cat-eyes. His gaze was piercing on my soul unintentionally.

"And I'm really bad at wasting time. I have a business to run and a family to take care. Hyejeong has sent me all the papers about your project." He was saying that he was bored. He wanted something new.

I panicked. I glanced at Minghao who was giving me a worried-look too. He couldn't do anything about my scenario also.

"I have no time for 40 slides of presentation." He added. I just didn't know where to start now.

He was looking at me, unimpressed.

"So, Ms. Mei. I have questions to ask on you." His slender fingers reached for the contract. I was waiting for his questions when he suddenly stopped on a certain page. Mr. Kwon scanned that page before looking at me.

"Do you understand your project?" His first question.

"Y-yes." I stammered even if I didn't need so. The question was easy.

"Don't you find it to absurd?"

"Sorry?"

Mr. Kwon began to play on the swivel chair.

"Isn't Hong Joshua has friends?" He asked Minghao meaningfully.

"He has, but they have their own business for now. He's afraid that they won't be able to support him now." Minghao answered politely.

Jiyong stared at him for seconds until he could accept that answer.

"I see. I guess it wasn't only a building that they consider as business. Even woman?" Mr. Jiyong chuckled and so Minghao.

I took a deep breath for the first time.

"This is a dreamy project to be honest. I heard Joshua first get to Taeyang because he's the nicest of us all. Then, he consulted Daesung. T.O.P declined the project immediately because he's way too busier than all of us. And, Seungri said he has doubts. They are my friends, Miss Mei." He informed.

I froze on where I stood because what should I react? They were the big five and I didn't want to offend their leader, which was the almighty Kwon Jiyong.

"Miss Mei, do you understand?"

"Yes. I do understand."

I playful grin plastered on his face.

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked.

I didn't answer. I couldn't tell if he's joking around or what.

"Are you afraid of me, Minghao?" He then asked Minghao.

"No. Hyejeong told us not to." Minghao answered confidently.

"Ah. Hyejeong. That girl. Joshua is smart for putting a smart lady next to him. It's Hyejeong who put me in this seat. Because if it's Joshua who come to me, I'll reject this project." Mr. Kwon's face brightened. The name of Hyejeong surely lifted the seriousness.

"This project is just his way to make a name on his own. Joshua seems to like to remove the power of his family on him." He spoke again with Minghao like I wasn't even there.

"Joshua loves music and business."

"It is obvious. If he wants to make a new company. It's obvious that it's his family that he don't want to." Mr. Kwon commented.

His words sank in my mind. I processed it slowly until I reached the conclusion that Joshua was eliminating the power of his family towards him.

This marriage were binding us because of our parents. Because Joshua was a good son. Joshua has to comply. Joshua has to hide Hyejeong. Joshua has to put more effort to work.

Because Joshua wants me gone. Because Joshua wants his life. Because Joshua doesn't want to be his family pet.

"So, Miss Mei. Why should I sign this?" My mind was still blurred. My heart ached for the recent realization. Why was I standing here? I was giving Joshua the chance to leave me.

"I guess that there is no reason to sign this paper." Jiyong stood up. I must have drain the tiniest patience that he has for not replying to his questions.

Until, an unexpected visitor arrived.

"Isn't too early for you to stand up? Have you sign the papers?" It was Hyejeong. I heard she was back in the company after an almost a week of vacation, but we've never met because she was locked in her office busy on doing office works.

"Hyejeong. I thought you will not come." Jiyong became excited.

"I almost did. Have you meet the new vice president? This is Su Fu Mei. I asked her to keep you companied." She started to blabber with her professional image.

"We skipped on introductions. I didn't know that I have the Su Fu's prized possession in front of me." Mr. Kwon smiled and gave a gentleman bow. "I am Kwon Jiyong."

I was surprised that he knew me.

"I am surprised. Joshua kicked you out of the position or you resigned? My company is always open for someone who is smart as you." He offered to Hyejeong.

"No. I'm the vice president in external. That Joshua thinks that this is a damn classroom. But I still help Mei on the some works internally. She's new in the position, but she has a lot of potential." She was way too comfortable with Mr. Kwon and he didn't mind it at all. I guessed they were close.

Hyejeong must be really good to be friends with the Kwon's. Of course, I've seen her at work. Even if she's annoying, she really did her job well. Because I was too preoccupied with this meeting, I barely touched other office works, but the last time I checked my table, all the papers were gone.

"I hope you didn't scare her, GD." She called him on his nickname. It's a nickname that only his friends could tell.

"It's not my fault if I am too charismatic." Mr. Jiyong joked.

"So, should we resume the meeting?"

Jiyong repeated the questions and she was able to answer them confidently. As he was signing the contract, I learned that Jiyong's wife, Kwon Sandara, has taken interest on Hyejeong because she's good to kids as a teacher. His wife seemed to like kids too. The contract signing ended and Mr. Kwon left.

"Good job, everyone. Congratulations, Mei. This is the first project that you handled." Hyejeong greeted. I wasn't sure if she's sincere or playing it in front of Minghao.

"Congratulations, Mei. We should celebrate this." Minghao was just happy as she was.

"Can you wait outside, Minghao?" I asked him. Hyejeong had a hint.

"Sure."

"We'll see you in a bit." She smiled at him before he left.

"Why did you come?" I asked. I thought she's no longer part of this project.

"Why not? This is important for Jisoo. I have to be here to make sure everything is okay. After all, I am the one who invited Jiyong along." She answered back.

My ear hurts every time she calls Joshua as Jisoo. I got it. It was his Korean name, but his friends still calls him Joshua. Was she calling him that to be unique? Was it an endearment?

"I did nothing! It was all about you! Good job, Hyejeong. Joshua would love to know that it was you! You're the heroine of this story again. You helped him to reach his dreams. To be independent from his family!" Hyejeong was shocked that I knew.

"Jisoo is right. You have a lot to learn." With a strong aura, she faced me. "Mei. This is your first time. Are you assuming that you don't need help and you'll excel at everything? If that's how it works, what is the reason to train?"

"Don't get friendly on me."

Hyejeong laughed. A fake laugh.

"If you don't learn to get on the level of Jisoo and I, you will lose him forever." She said with a poker face. I caught her rolled her eyes before turning her back on me.

"We'll get even on Jisoo someday. But I need you to be something more, so that I can use you."

Those were the last words that Hyejeong mumbled before she disappeared. Use me? What made her think I let use me? Get even?

I'm the one who's gonna get even on you, Hyejeong. Watch me poke into your business.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2K 31
[Series] Book 2 of Seventeen// Yoon Jeonghan In which Jeonghan opened messages from the past, unveiling something that he wished remained unknown. Co...
138K 6.1K 22
❝ I'll never get over her. ❞ lee know x reader book 3 of skz series started: 11.09.18 ended: 02.08.19 NOTE: UNEDITED!
297K 16.1K 38
Book lover Jimin meets mysterious Jungkook. - angst started: May 29, 2017 finished: June 2,2017 [COMPLETED]
7.2K 586 99
What happens when an idol you're in love with falls for your best friend instead? Hongjoong seemed to know that painful feeling better than anyone. #...