The Chronicles of Narnia: The...

By Anna__Bonanno

It's been 10,000 years since the Last Battle occurred. A new era of Evil has befallen Narnia where a corrupt... More

Author's Note
Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1: What Started Out as a Typical Day...
Chapter 2: Five Bodies Fell from the Sky
Chapter 3: Explanations and Chases
Chapter 4: Moving Forward in Hard Times
Chapter 5: The Valiant and The Just
Chapter 6: Unexpected Love
Chapter 7: Princess Ariana Bell and The Phoenix
Chapter 8: Training and Traveling
Chapter 9: Reunited
Chapter 10: Planning
Chapter 11: A King and a Princess
Chapter 12: The First Battle
Chapter 13: The Chase
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: Eliza's Return
Chapter 16: The Kings and Queens of Old
Chapter 17: Silence
Chapter 18: The Sparkling Lady
Chapter 19: Losing Hope
Chapter 20: The Return of the Kings (and Queens)
Chapter 21: Rise
Chapter 22: The Escape
Chapter 23: The White Stag
Chapter 24: Aethereal Madness and Venenatio Rubra
Chapter 25: Don't Let Go
Chapter 26: Awake
Chapter 27: Penny For Your Thoughts?
Chapter 29: The Toll
Chapter 30: Anna's Choice
Chapter 31: Adam's Master Plan
Chapter 32: The War to End All Wars
Chapter 33: The Phoenix Rises
Chapter 34: The Victory
Chapter 35: The Old Take Action
Chapter 36: Where to Next?
Chapter 37: The Walk and Talk
Chapter 38: The Kings and Queens of New
Chapter 39: A Royal Ball
Chapter 40: Soulmates
Chapter 41: Leaving Narnia in the Best Hands
Chapter 42: Checks and Balances
Chapter 43: New Limitations
Chapter 44: Zoran's Fear
Chapter 45: The Proposal
Chapter 46: Lessons and Politics
Chapter 47: Clones
Chapter 48: A Cake Tasting
Chapter 49: The Return
Chapter 50: A Drop of Rain
Author's Note

Chapter 28: Just a Girl and a Boy

16 0 0
By Anna__Bonanno

Anna's POV

The meeting had finished and by then I was exhausted. I bet Ariana is really pissed off at me. Thank god for Jackson though. He's the only one who might be able to calm her down. I thought to myself as I put my head down on the table. "Are you alright Lady Anna? Would you like to go back to your room? The doctor said it's alright to go back, you just have to an IV drip during the night,"

I sat up surprised and looked at the maid. I guess she came in after everyone left. Interesting, my instincts aren't as sharp. I must actually be exhausted. "Thanks for that information. But I think I will be going on a run or walk,"

"But miss, the doctor said you have to take it slow and careful!"

I laughed for a second then coughed as the maid looked at me funny, "Don't worry, I won't go on an actual run. A light jog if anything,"

"Oh ok. I'll go get your guards to accompany you,"

"Oh please no that's not nes-,"

"It's alright, I'll accompany her. No guards needed," I turned at the sign at the sound of the newcomer's voice.

I turned and saw that it was Patrick. The maid nodded and left the tent as quickly as she came. "You know, you don't have to come. I'm perfectly capable of going on a walk by myself,"

"Yeah I know. But I thought you might like some company. Plus I haven't gotten to see you or spend time with you since I got kicked out of the tent by Edmund the day you woke up,"

I smiled, "You're right. I'd love some company. Let's go to the creek, shall we?"

We reached the creek a little while later. The creek was rather large to be considered a creek. It even had a mini waterfall where we were standing. The weather was still sunny out but it was hot and a bit humid. I was in my general's outfit which was black boots, long pants with spandex shorts underneath, a white tunic, and a black leather jacket. I was incredibly hot. I bet Patrick is just as hot as I am, he's in a tunic and undershirt plus long pants and boots like me. I smirked at Patrick. "What?" he asked

"Let's go for a swim,"

"Seriously? In these clothes? We'd drown, Anna,"

"Well then strip. That's what I'm doing," I said while taking off my jacket and then shirt. Patrick blushed and turned around. I laughed, "Did you actually think I was gonna completely strip? I'm not that dumb,"

"Oh," he said turning around hesitantly, "I was just taking precautions since you know, I value my life and didn't want Zoran murdering me in my sleep,"

"I'm wearing spandex and a sports bra. So it should be fine. Plus what he doesn't know won't kill him," I then dove into the water. I turned around after resurfacing just to see Patrick take off his shirt. I knew I was staring but was hoping he didn't catch me staring.

"You know, if you wanted to see me shirtless you could've just asked," he said while giving me a cocky grin. I blushed. Then he dove into the water as well.

"Well I had to see if the rumours we true," I said as he swam over to me

"Oh? And what rumour would that be?"

"Umm... um... the rumour that... your abs are either non existence or the one where you're abs are made entirely up of steel,"

"Oh is that so?" he swam closer to me so that he was right in front of my face, "What about my--," but before he could finish I splashed water in his face then back away. "Oh get back here you are so gonna get it!"

He chased me as I tried swimming away from him. Laughing I splashed more water at him and only swam faster. I swam away from back toward the small waterfall that was at the creek. I turned around to see how close Patrick was. Only, he wasn't that close to me and I didn't see any sign of him, "Patrick?" I waited for an answer, "Patrick? Where are you?"

I was beginning to grow concerned when all of a sudden, "GOTCHA!" Patrick jumped out of the water and grabbed me.

I screamed in surprise then started laughing as he was tickling me while also splashing water at me, "Ok! Ok ok I yield! I yield! Patrick put me down,"

"Alright alright," but then he lightly threw me back into the water. I came back up spitting out some water along the way. Patrick swam back over to where I was.

For some reason, at that moment I then became incredibly self conscious. Damnit, why can't I be as pretty as the other girls he knows? I looked away from Patrick nervously.

"Anna? Anna, look at me. Please," I felt his hand reach for my chin and bring it up so that I was looking at him with my bright green eyes. He sighed "I know what's going through your mind and it's not true,"

"What are you a mind reader now?"

"No and you know what I meant. Yes, you might not be one of the girls that you would normally see me at school with, but that doesn't mean I don't want this. You're beautiful, smart, funny, brave, and well ridiculously stubborn. But I like you, I have for a long time now and you know that,"

"So. I've seen and heard the rumours Patrick. I don't want this to be some joke to y--" I was cut off by him grabbing my face and kissing me. At first I was still and didn't move. But then I relaxed and opened up to him, kissing him back. It felt like fireworks had exploded and there was a new feeling in my stomach. As if there were tiny fish in my stomach wiggling their tails back and forth. It was an amazing feeling.

After we broke apart I just stared at him in a bit of shock. He laughed, "If I had known you were that good of a kisser, I would've kissed you sooner. Just sayin'"

I blushed and then playfully splashed a bit of water at him and turned around, "Shut up,"

He then grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back against him. "Make me,"

I was about to when I felt his finger go down my back stopping at one of the many scars that now littered my back. I sighed, "Patrick don't,"

"Anna, I-I what happened,"

"I don't want to talk about it. God why does fucking everyone want me to talk about it?!" I said while swimming away, back to the shore

"Hey, hey, hey! I wasn't gonna make you talk about it. I was just speaking aloud what was in my head," he said while pulling me back to him

I sighed and gave up trying to fight his grip. Instead, I wrapped my legs around his waist and leaned my in the crook of his neck "I just- I wanted to be just a girl and a boy on a date without a care in the world. Is that so wrong?"

"After what you've been through, no," we were silent for a second, "Come on. Let's just enjoy what we have going on here for a little while then go back to reality. Let us be just a boy and a girl enjoying each others company for a bit,"

"But I have a war strategy to finalise and you have training to do,"

"Can't that wait," said Patrick in between kisses on my neck

I groaned, "Fine. One hour then we're walking back,"

"Deal," he said then kissed me again and I laughed.

After an hour had passed we swam back to shore and I used a bit of my fire magic to dry us off somewhat. Once we were as dry as I could make us we got dressed and then walked back to the tent hand in hand. It was a nice walk back as the sun was setting.

"So I guess I'm your boyfriend then," he said laughing. I didn't respond, "Anna? What is it?"

I looked away from him. How can I tell him that Edmund is technically in the picture as well

"It's Edmund, isn't it? Now that he's here you don't know what to do? Tell me I'm wrong"

"Patrick, it's not that simple,"

"Yes it is. He's a dead guy and I'm not. What's the problem?"

"There is no problem. What no. Ugh. It's just that... there's something there. I don't know what but it's there. Just give me time to figure it out, ok?"

"Yeah sure. I'm not happy about it but I understand,"

I stopped walking and looked up at him, "Thank you. It means a lot," I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled at that. "Well I have to go figure out this battle plan so I guess I'll see you in the morning?"

"Yeah sure," I started to turn away, "Hey wait a sec," I turned back around and then he kissed me. It was a short and sweet kiss. "Just a reminder of what you'll be missing if you don't pick me,"

I laughed, "Alright, I'll consider it. Good night Patrick,"

"Night Anna," he turned and walked away back to his shared tent with the rest of the guys. I watched him go. But then something caught my eye.

It was Edmund and he was staring at me. He had seen Patrick and I kiss. Ed. Ed wait!" I say as I walked toward him. But he stormed off in the direction of his tent. I just stopped going after him, not wanting to deal with this tonight. "Fuck," I said under my breath. Fuck fuck fuck. What have I done? I need to figure this out. Am I with Patrick or am I with Edmund? I guess only I can figure this one out. I thought to myself as I slowly walked back to my tent for the evening. I knew that for the rest of the night the same thought would be running around in my mind, Patrick or Edmund?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 160 18
The princess of Narnia ruled for hundreds of years alongside Aslan, her protector. The sons and daughters of Adam and Eve finally arrive. What took t...
296K 9.4K 32
❝she'd gone from being irrelevant to being unavoidable, and what wouldn't peter give just to see her one more time❞ [book 2] ✳︎✳︎✳︎ good people alway...
116K 5.8K 33
James Pevensie and his siblings unexpectedly return to Narnia, but everything's changed. He hadn't expected to bring his friends along with him, but...