Zodiac Heroes - Cast Down to...

Por confusions-scrolls

The first step of Orion's plan is complete. The Zodiac Signs have now been banished down to Earth, with no me... Más

Character Introduction
Prologue - Plan Complete
Chapter 1 - High School
Author's Note 1 - Happy (late) Sagittarius Season 2019!
Chapter 2 - Crushes
Chapter 3 - The Dorms
Chapter 4 - Attendance
Chapter 5 - Free Period
Author's Note 2 - Happy Capricorn Season 2019 (Plus An Anouncement)
Chapter 6 - The Piano
A Christmas Special That Nobody Asked For But Here It Is Anyways
Chapter 7 - That Girl
200+, Actually No, 300+ Reads! (I Got Tagged)
Happy Aquarius Season!
Chapter 8 - Long List of Ex-Lovers
A Lil' Announcement Before We Move On To Chapter 9
❤️🧡💛Valentine's Day Special💚💙💜
Chapter 9 - Detention
¡Not A Chapter! Something Smells A Little Fishy (Pun Intended)
Chapter 10 - Two Broken Boys
Chapter 11 - A Scientific Mystery
Chapter 12 - Cold Autumn Day
Bonus Chapter - Truth Or Dare (This Chapter Is Cursed)
A Special Chapter Because It's My Birthday!
Chapter 13 - Everything's Suspicious
Chapter 14 - Fallen Stars
Chapter 15 - Rainbow Scarf
Chapter 16 - Brother to Brother
Chapter 17 - Sincerely
Chapter 18 - Family Reunion
Chapter 19 - Fork In the Road
Chapter 20 - The Code of Lady Liberty
Incorrect Quotes For 2K Reads!
Chapter 21 - Scrolls
Chapter 22 - Code Cracking and a Confession
Chapter 23 - Panic Attack
Chapter 24 - Planets
Chapter 25 - Why Orion Keeps Popping Up In Every Conversation
April Fool's Special - The Zodiac Signs On April Fool's Day
Chapter 26 - Who's Ouranos? (Plus Another Tag)
Chapter 27 - Meet Up At Starbucks
Chapter 28 - Stargazing
Get To Know The Planets And Stuff
Chapter 29 - The Truth Is Proven
Chapter 30 - Our Classmates Are Stars, Literal Stars
Chapter 31 - Cafeteria Catastrophe
Sorry This Isn't A Chapter
Chapter 32 - A Little Too Depressing
Chapter 33 - Ophiuchus Appears Again
Chapter 35 - Afraid of Love
Chapter 36 - Urgent Video Call
Epilogue - The Contract
Final A/N
Memorable Quotes
Confusion's Other Books
Bonus Short 1 - Everlasting Friendships
SEQUEL! (Also Kind of Bonus Short 2 - Christmas Spirit)

Chapter 34 - Deciphering a Portal Spell

445 21 23
Por confusions-scrolls

Capricorn

"So what is this book about anyways?" Virgo asked me.

She, Taurus, and I were currently sitting on a bench just outside the campus. I sat in the middle of the two of them, flipping through the book that Uranus had given us, with Virgo resting her head on my shoulder and Taurus occasionally peeking over my shoulder to get a glance of the book.

"I have no idea." I replied. "Uranus said that there was a portal spell thing in it that was created to help Celestians without their Celestian gadgets get back to Celestia."

"How is Uranus fine with being called Uranus when people make fun of her name?" asked Taurus, asking a question completely out of the blue.

I sighed and shut the book. "I don't know, you can ask her."

Virgo's attention was diverted to a group of seven other students from our school. "Hey, those are the other fallen star people that Gemini, Sagittarius, and I met the other day! I'm gonna go say hi!" With that, she sprinted off.

"You do you." I called after her.

As Virgo chatted with the group of students, I turned back to the book I held. The only thing I could rely on in the book were the pictures, since the words were all in Greek.

Taurus peeked over my shoulder again and pointed at the picture of a glowing portal-like thing on the page. "Is that the portal?"

"I think so." I answered. "Gosh, if only I could read these words."

I felt a small vibration from my phone coming from my pocket. Sighing again, I took the phone out of my pocket and opened it. I had received a message from someone.

(Left/italicized is ???)

212-721-0313

17:35

Thank goodness I found your number! This is Capricorn... right?

I paused. Who was this?

(Left/italicized is ???, right/normal font is Capricorn)

212-721-0313

17:35

Thank goodness I found your number! This is Capricorn... right?

Who is this?

Taurus looked over my shoulder to see what I was looking at. "Capricorn, don't people ever teach you about stranger danger?"

"Be quiet, Taurus." I chided him. "It could be one of those Planets, who knows?"

212-721-0313

17:35

Thank goodness I found your number! This is Capricorn... right?

Who is this?

Oh silly me, I forgot that you can't tell who I am. It's Uranus, by the way.

I looked over at Taurus. "I told you."

Virgo had come over with her group of friends. Gesturing to the group behind her, she said, "I believe you two haven't met them yet. I'll let you do introductions."

A blonde haired girl with short hair stepped towards us. "Hi, I'm Carina. These two are my siblings, Vela and Puppis, who are the two most annoying Celestians in all of Celestia."

"You're just saying that because we taped your glasses to your face this morning." The girl with long blonde hair tied up in pigtails, Vela, giggled, nudging the blonde haired boy, Puppis, in the arm.

That was when I noticed that there were indeed pieces of tape taping the sides of Carina's glasses to the side of her face.

"You told us to stop stealing your glasses, so we did the opposite and taped then down for ya." added Puppis, giggling as well. "Now no one will bother to steal them again!"

Puppis and Vela exploded into laughter. A girl with shoulder length black hair laughed along with them.

A boy with black hair who looked a bit like the black haired girl who laughed sighed. Turning to Taurus and I, he said, "They aren't always like this, don't worry."

"Aw, lighten up, A," The black haired girl told "A", the black haired boy. "Who's my favourite twin brother in the entire universe?" She asked teasingly.

A sighed again. "I'm your only twin brother in the entire universe, B."

"Sorry to ask, but are your names just A and B?" Taurus asked.

B, the black haired girl, laughed. "Of course not! Our real names are Corona Borealis and Corona Australis." She pointed to herself and her twin brother respectively. "But just call us B and A, it's easier to say."

"So you guys are the Zodiac Signs, huh?" A brown haired boy asked. "I mean, there's only three of you here right now, including Virgo, but you get what I mean."

"I suppose that's us." I replied.

A boy with grey hair signed something in ASL that made Virgo laugh when she saw it. I, unfortunately, had no idea what he had signed.

Carina, however, noticed this. "Cygnus, what did I say about not signing curse words in front of others?" She chided him.

The brown haired boy turned to us. "In case you didn't know, Cygnus said something along the lines of 'fuck, they still doubt it'. See, you sign it like this-" He was about to demonstrate before he got caught off by Carina.

"Aquila, we are not showing other people how to sign the f-word!" shouted Carina.

Vela, Puppis, and B burst into laughter again. Aquila, the brown haired boy, simply shrugged before laughing as well.

I turned back to my phone. Uranus had sent me more messages.

212-721-0313

17:40

How's everything going? Have you understood anything from the book I gave you?

"Can you hold this for me?" I asked, handing the book Uranus had given me to Taurus. I then turned back to my phone to reply to Uranus' message.

The sight of the book had seemed to make the group of fallen stars freeze.

"Where did you get that?" Vela asked.

"One of the planets gave it to us." Virgo answered.

Puppis studied the book cover carefully. "If I'm not mistaken, it's a copy of one of the most famous spellbooks in the world."

"And we all know the Planet who's famous for keeping a great amount of old spellbooks." B said, nudging Vela in the arm.

Carina, seeing that Vela, Puppis, B, and Aquila were holding in their laughter  heaved an exasperated sigh. "Come on, you guys, we've literally met Uranus before and you four managed to keep a straight face while doing so!"

Cygnus signed something that made the four fallen stars laugh.

Carina rolled her eyes. "Oh don't encourage them, Cygnus, for heaven's sake."

I turned back to my phone.

212-721-0313

17:40

How's everything going? Have you understood anything from the book I gave you?

Everything's in Greek, so it's hard to read.

17:42

I see. You can send me a picture of the portal spell page and I'll translate it for you. Also, checking page 34 would come in handy as well.

I took the book back from Taurus, taking a picture of the portal spell page and the page Uranus told me to check. Sending the pictures to Uranus, I started reading at page 34, the page she had told me to take a look at.

There was a picture at the top right corner of something that looked like a gem or crystal of some sort. A picture at the bottom left corner showed two crystals: one glowing a light purple and another glowing a bright blue.

Uranus' reply came quickly. The portal spell listed a couple of strange ingredients, some of which I had never heard of. The one thing that sort of made sense was something called the "Gaean Gem".

Virgo looked over my shoulder to see what everything was about.

"Is that Uranus you're texting?" She asked.

"Yep." I answered. I still had no idea how she got my number. "She helped me with translations. Here, you can take a look."

I handed her my phone, watching as she read the translated version of the portal spell page, scrunching up her nose in confusion as she always did when she was confused.

"I don't get any of this." Virgo commented. "But what's this 'Gaean Gem' thing? It's mentioned on the other page Uranus translated for you."

"'Gaean Gem'?" Taurus asked. "We're collecting gemstones now?"

I looked up to find the group of fallen stars, who all wore weird expressions on their faces.

I looked at them sideways. "Is something wrong?"

"You mentioned the Gaean Gem?" A asked.

"It says here on the page Uranus translated for us." Virgo replied. "'The Gaean Gem and the Celestian Crystal, two of the most powerful magical objects on Earth and in Celestia respectively, group together to form an even more incredibly powerful object known as Destiny's Diamond. The Gaean Gem, a glowing blue gemstone, resides on Earth, in the mortal realm. The Celestian Crystal is a glowing purple crystal that can be found in Celestia, the realm of the stars. The event in which the Gaean Gem and the Celestian Crystal merge together to form Destiny's Diamon is called the Formation. Even before forming together, both the Gaean Gem and the Celestian Crystal are immensely powerful, so powerful that the only thing that can destroy them is each other. Destiny's Diamond is as powerful as both objects combined.' That's a lot to take in."

The fallen stars' faces turned pale.

Taurus noticed this. "Is everything... alright?"

"No, no, this can't be happening!" B said frantically.

"If Orion knows - and I think he does, mind you - he'll try to bring him back!" A added.

The others started panicking, leaving Taurus, Virgo, and I, clueless, just standing here watching them.

"Do you guys mind telling us what's going on?" I asked them.

As the group of seven got themselves to calm down, Carina spoke, "Destiny's Diamon is said to be so powerful that it can bring back the gods, and even primordial deities. Orion knows that one is beginning to awaken, since the Gaean Gem and the Celestian Crystal are closer than ever before. I think he might try to-" She trailed off.

"If that happens, it'll be the end of us all!" said Vela.

Cygnus signed something that made Virgo look extremely concerned.

"Cygnus said that Orion may try to bring back the primordial sky god Ouranos." Virgo translated.

Taurus sat up. "Ouranos... I've heard of that name before! In a dream..."

"If Ouranos has tried to visit even one of the Zodiac Signs in a dream, then we're definitely doomed!" Puppis remarked.

"And that's not the worst thing." added Aquila.

"What could be worse than bringing back a primordial sky god?" I asked.

Aquila took a deep breath. "The only person we know that has come in contact with the Gaean Gem so far is Ms Medea."

~~~

W

hy do I love introducing new concepts in my books?

Now that all the story stuff has gone aside, I want to thank you all for 11K reads! Thank you so much for reading this book, it makes me so happy to know that people enjoy reading my work. Thank you all <3

Thanks for reading! Have a good day/night, and stay safe!

Peace out,

Confusion owo

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

102K 2.8K 34
The 'Signs in the Sky' are what keeps the world of Equatilia at peace. For many years, these signs had prevented for things going wrong in their wor...
19 0 1
Long ago the zodiac signs were viewed as God's. When they "died" pieces of them stayed behind and brought them to their descendants. These peices hel...
2.9K 40 24
Cetus finally got the controller to his shock collar, and now is unleashing destruction on the universe! It's up to the zodiacs to stop him! Can they...