The Last Black Wolf

By booklover24630

Kiara Blackmoon. A powerful Alpha whose pack was slaughtered not too long ago. Now a rouge, she has been on... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 16

42 3 1
By booklover24630

"What? How is that even possible?" Ravyn rushes to me. But, I don't pay attention to what she's saying.

It was Kai. This whole time. He's the one who pulled me back that day. How did I never know? How did he survive? I mean, has he been alive this whole time? Does he know? Does he have his memories? I release a small gasp as a warm feeling surges through me. My hand immediately goes to my heart. It's him alright. Our bond. It's alive again.

"Kiara!" Ravyn's hand on my shoulder pulls me from my thoughts.

I shake my head of my thoughts and give her my full attention, "I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"Did you know?" Her vulnerable blue eyes stare into mine.

"No. I didn't," I keep my emotions level. I don't show the hurt coursing through my veins or guilt wallowing in the depths of my heart.

"We have to go find him. If he's alive, he might need help. Do you know where he's at? Kiara? Tell me!"

I take a deep breath, calming myself. Reminding myself that I am ok. That I'm safe. My breathing evens as Liam rubs his hand over the length of my back. I look to Ravyn, "I don't know where he's at. He just called out my name. He didn't say anything else. I'm sorry."

Then, as if waiting for the perfect moment, Kai enters my head again, "South. By home."

"What did he say?" Ravyn speaks up again.

"Ravyn, you need to calm down. You are overreacting," This time my gaze is hard.

"Don't tell me to calm down! He's my mate, Kiara! I can't just leave him out there!" She yells.

"And, he's my brother! Plus, it's not like he knows you know. You need to stop and think about this logically." The volume of my voice becomes normal once more.

"You're one to talk. Anytime something doesn't go your way, or you get too angry, you lose control. So, don't tell me to calm down and think logically when you can't even do it yourself." She spits. She's speaking out of anger. I know she doesn't mean it, but it still hurts.

"That's not fair."

"Life's not fair. Now, where did he say he was, I am going to go get him myself-"

"No! You can't."

"Why not? No, you know what, I'll find him on my own-"

"Look. I know you're anxious to see him. So am I. I love him just as much as you do, but in the end, he didn't contact you. He didn't tell you where he was. He told me. He didn't say to bring anyone which means..." I take a breath, "Which means I have to go get him. Only me."

"No. What if it's a trap?" Liam interjects.

"It's not. I can feel him. It's him." I look to Ravyn and watch with guilt as a tear slides down her cheek. I exhale. I wrap my arms around her and whisper in her ear, "I didn't mean to hurt you, but I know the only reason he wants me to go is to protect you. Think about it. If you go to him, are you going to walk back? You're not strong enough to teleport another person yet. It'll be too dangerous for you. Don't you understand?" She nods against me, and I hear her sniffles begin to silence. "Good. Now I promise I will bring him back here."

I pull away from our embrace, and look at Liam, "I'm going to leave tonight."

"Where is he?"

"South, by my packhouse."

"Seriously?" I nod.

"That's what he said."

"Well, you're not going without me being able to communicate with you."

"Wait, are you actually agreeing I should go alone?" My eyes widen.

"No. I just know that you're stubborn as hell and nothing will change your mind. Not even me." His voice sounds sad.

"I'm sorry. But, I have to do this."

He nods, "I know. But, you still need something so I can know you're ok," He pauses to think, "Maybe Ravyn can put a tracking spell on you." He suggests.

"But, my magic doesn't work on her," Ravyn says regretfully.

"Actually..." I start, "When I was digging through those journals, I found out that you can. But, the only thing is you can't use your magic to heal or hurt black wolves. And, this only applies to the Stones."

"Wait, really?" A smile plasters my face as I nod at her excitement, "Ok, let me give it a try."

She walks up to me and motions me to hold out my arm. She lets her hand hover above my arm. Ravyn begins moving her hand in a slow circle before placing her hand on my arm and slowly sliding her hand down the length of my arm all the way to my fingertips. As our arms become distant, she snaps her fingers. "There. Now let's see if it worked." She closes her eyes for a moment and pulls up a holographic diagram displaying a blinking red dot. "It worked!" Her excitement becomes contagious.

"I didn't know you could cast without chanting,"

"I just finished mastering it these past couple of weeks. Next on my list is teleportation and maybe then, I'll be the strongest." I smile at her determination. "Oh! That reminds me. Since I don't need to chant, there's no reason for you to chant to summon me. If you ever need me, just drop a few drops of your blood onto the ground and think of me. It's much more reliable."

"Thank you Ravyn. And I'm sorry, again, about earlier." I offer a small smile.

"Me too." She returns it.

"Kiara, will you be joining us for dinner before you go?" Andrew asks me.

"Yea, why not. Also, I am postponing my prize until I get back." I smirk.

"Yea, ok. Whatever. Stay out for as long as you want. At least that way I can postpone it too." He laughs.

As the others begin walking back to the packhouse, I stay behind and stare into the trees.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Liam asks.

"You're going to need a lot of pennies," I retort.

"I figured as much."

"Do you feel that?" I ask. He faces the woods as I do, and takes a deep breath. It is so faint, a normal wolf may not pick up on it. "Something bad is coming. Not right now, but it's dark whatever it is."

"I feel it too," He turns to me and light tilts my chin up so I'm staring into his green orbs, "Promise me that'll you'll come back to me." He holds out his pinky. I chuckle at his gesture. But, his eyes plead for this. For me. I hook our pinkies.

"I promise to come back to you. No matter what. This is our second chance and I'm not letting you go again." As our eyes stay connected, I feel my free hand cup his rough cheek, "I like your stubble. Makes you look manly." I tease watch his eyes turn a shade darker.

"Don't tease me unless you want to end up in my bed and never-"

I cut him off as I pull his head down to mine. As our lips connect, my other hand leaves his and travels up his arm into his hair. I grip it lightly as I let him take control. My nails dig into his back as his mouth leaves my mouth and begins trailing my jaw and neck. His hand grips my hair and tilts my head giving himself more access. I silently moan as his lips brush my mark, my hands reach up and entangling themselves in his hair. He moves his hands under my ass and lifts me up. I wrap my legs around his waist as he pins me to a tree. His lips find mine once more and he moans into my mouth as I grind my hips against him. He grabs my legs to still them before he whispers huskily in my ear, "Just be still. Let me make you want to keep your promise." His lips are back on my neck. I tilt my head as I try to pull his head closer.

"Are we really going to have sex on a tree?" I mumble out with a smirk playing on my lips.

His deep laugh reverberates against me. I want more.

"We can always stop." He suggests, placing his forehead against mine, catching his breath.

"Well... if we stop now, I can't cross this off my bucket list," Liam's husky chuckle turns me on even more. "Do you have a condom?" He nods. "Ok. Let's move to another tree, deeper in the forest. We don't need an audience," I smile as he lifts me off the tree and eagerly carries me to another tree, further away from everyone.

As he places me against the bark, he looks into my dark eyes, "I missed you this past week."

"I missed you too."

His lips crash onto mine. Our hands roam each other beneath our shirts. He easily lifts mine above my head, breaking the kiss as he rips his off as well. His lips return to my neck and I take this opportunity to whisper into his ear, "I want you so bad."

"Damn, Kiara. Are you sure?" He asks again."

"Positive," I say as I pull him back to my lips.

--------------

I try my best to flatten my hair back down, but it's too tangled to do anything about it. I pat my head and find a stick. Liam chuckles as I toss it at him. Liam does the same, but his hair still sticks up. We both look like we just had sex in the woods. Damn. This is so embarrassing.

"Just go up and take a shower. Don't worry about it. I'll warm up some food."

"Thanks. I'll be quick. Like 5 minutes."

"No rush," He says as I go upstairs.

I head to my room and grab some comfortable workout clothes, new underwear, and a sports bra and jump into a hot shower. I scrub my body clean and wash the hell out of my hair. I quickly dry myself off and throw on my dark clothes. Heading into the kitchen, I see Drew, Peter, and Ravyn all smirking at me.

I growl, "Oh, shut up. It happens."

"Sure it does," Drew mocks.

I avoid their eyes as I make my way to the table and eat the food Liam warmed up for us. Ooh. Lasagna. My favorite. I begin shoveling it into my mouth. As soon as I finish eating, Peter speaks up.

"So what are you gonna do when you find him?"

"I'm going to talk to him, then kick his ass, then drag him back here." They look at me in shock, "What? Did you think I was gonna cry and hug him to my heart's content? That's so sappy."

"But-But he's your brother." This time Drew speaks up.

"So."

"Nevermind then," Peter says.

I laugh internally at their shocked expressions. I quickly compose myself before turning to Liam.

"So, I have a plan. Since I'm leaving at night, I will return at night too. Plus it's safer that way, I can blend in, have the upper hand. I should be back tomorrow night. I don't plan on staying away for too long. I will let you know when I leave and reenter the pack's territory."

"That's actually... a really good plan." Drew comments.

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Well, I mean, I never really thought of you to be a strategist,"

"How do you think I beat you?" He shuts up after that.

I look outside and see the sun has gone down. I check the clock on the wall, 7:15.

"I best be on my way now. And who knows, maybe I'll be back by dawn,"

"Don't risk it," Ravyn advises, "I want you both to come back safe. Besides, I'm tracking you. Just take your time." I smile at Ravyn and nod.

Liam and I get up and head to the door, "Let me walk you to the border at least," He pleads.

"Nope," I say, popping the 'p', "But, you can meet me there tomorrow night." I smile as I turn to hug him.

He wraps me in his embrace, "I'll be there the moment the sun goes down."

"I don't doubt it," I give him a lingering kiss, pushing as much love as I can through our bond.

"I love you, Kiara. I always have."

My heart flutters at his admission. Even though we've never said it before, I knew we both felt the same way.

"I love you too, Liam. I always will."

---------

As my paws rapidly pad through the ground, I can't help but keep thinking about tonight. So much happened in such a short amount of time. I smile at the mess I become when I think of Liam.

"Stop swooning. It's gross." Midnight says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Weren't you the one who wanted me to be like this?" I counter.

"True. But, that doesn't mean I want to see it."

I roll my eyes. I take over for Midnight, panting as we enter our old territory. I inhale trying to find his scent.

"Kai?" I try calling out. His scent hits me and I follow it. It leads me straight to the packhouse. I see Kai standing on the porch, and I immediately shift back. Not even catching my breath, I race towards him. Thinking I'm going to hug him, he opens his arms. I run up to him, stare into his dark eyes, and proceed to grab his arms and knee him in the stomach. He coughs.

"What the hell was that for?" He sputters catching his breath.

"Seriously? Why the hell were you so damn cryptic. Could you seriously only call my name? And, you expect me to just hug you after you left me thinking you were dead for 5 years? How are you even alive? What happened, you prick? Why'd you leave me alone? You must've known I was alive. Why didn't you try to find me sooner?" I didn't notice I was crying until Kai wipes the tears away and pulls me into a tight embrace. I hit his chest, "I'm so mad at you. How could you leave us like that?"

His hand strokes my hair as he pulls me closer, "Because I'm like you."

Everything inside me stops. What did he just say?

"Our wolves are the same."

I pull away from him, "Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?" My heart beats faster, anticipating his answer. I want it to be true so badly.

"Yea. I am," He pauses, "I'm a black wolf too."

-------

AN : AHHHH!! Yes!! Finally, we get a glimpse of Kai. Next chapter will just be Kai and Kiara. Can't wait!! Oh and hope you enjoyed the steamy woods. (wink wink) Till next time.

So proud of myself. Wrote this chapter in like half a day.

Dont forget

vote, comment, and share :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 13K 45
''Alpha Ross Lynch of Black Night pack!'' the man said and everybody looked up the stairs. And there stood the most amazing looking man I have ever s...
68.4K 3K 102
*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never dreamed he would claim me as his Mate. Brenn...
5.8M 176K 38
NEW EDITION. REVISION IN PROGRESS *amateur writing. Not everyone's cup of tea.* "She turned her pain into power, her visions into victory." "Behind e...
44.6K 788 38
Table of contents. Coming to school, being bullied, called as a nerd and hated by your own bestfriend. Is the worse thing that will happen to you. A...