EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 24

3.8K 146 13
By Neo_Chieri

Sunghee's point of view

"I heard Lee Donghyuck joined your boxing club," Yeeun said as she sat down at the breakfast table.

Carefully she placed her plate before she started to eat, looking at me with interest.

"Yes, unfortunately," I mumbled, a bit bugged at the mere thought of having to share my safe place with him.

"I only hope he doesn't bother me and the other girls or else I'll hit him in the head with a baseball bat in my closet."

I smiled a little at the idea, but that smile instantly vanished when the girl in front of me shook her head disappointed.
It's a look I had't seen in a while.

"It's good that you're taking care of your classmates, but I hope you can control yourself," she now gave me a serious look, to which I now reacted somewhat stunned.

"Why do you tell me this all the time? I'm not a killing machine or anything, you know that very well," I laughed sarcastically and tried to cover up the fact that I was actually a little hurt by having to hear this one sentence over and over again.

I knew myself, I knew that I was one of the most caring members of our gang.
The well-being of others always came first for me and I would do everything in my power to protect them.

That is why I've been trying to become stronger over the last two years.

I wanted to be someone who people wouldn't have to worry about.
I wanted to become someone I needed when I was younger.

Instead of being weak and helpless, I wanted to be the person who could knock down any door...
Even if it meant getting more than just mere burn marks...

"Nobody's saying that", Yeeun brought me back to the present, her expression softening a bit.

"The only problem is that over the years you have begun to dignify violence... In the past, you would have reconsidered your decisions at least once before taking action. Today, you do not even hesitate to let your fists fly. You are impulsive and sometimes irrational."

I stared at her, somewhat off guard.

To be honest, I had no idea how to respond. The rest of the girls at the dining table had been quiet for quite some time and had listened attentively to the words of their leader.
According to their facial expressions, the other 14 shared the same opinion as she did.

"I - that's not true!", I stuttered energetically as I felt the many pitiful looks like a second skin stuck to my own body.

My disappointment grew with every second.

"I have myself very well under control", I became more and more angry, the small fire in my heart flickering brightly.

"That's exactly what I mean," Yeeun sighed clearly dissatisfied and drove her hand through her short, almost white hair.

"People only try to talk to you, but you immediately become defensive. I made you the second-in-command back then for a reason, you should act appropriate again."

"I... I want to... I just don't want to be as weak as... as I was the day my mother died." My voice cracked and was about to turn into a bitter sob as an unspeakable silence filled the room.

The whole situation felt as if the staring eyes of the others were piercing my body like hundreds of needles, while the lump in my throat grew bigger and tears started to form in my eyes.

I couldn't destinguish my own feelings- was it anger, insecurity, grief?

I didn'tt understand why I was suddenly exposed in front of everyone.
Had I done something wrong? Was it wrong that I wanted to be strong?

I wanted to start talking again but Yeeun interrupted me at the same moment.

"There is a big difference between strength and violence, you should realize that.
I do not forbid any of you anything, but that doesn't mean that you should act arbitrarily. The worst case scenario is that the identity of DRGNS could be revealed and that would be fatal for us."

Hissing, I looked to the side and tried to control my emotions as best I could.

I knew that I could act impulsively from time to time, but that wasn't the norm, was it?
I had not chosen these feelings.
I'm not the same person I was before the tragic event.

"I'm leaving," I said with my lips pressed together and stood up with clenched fists.

"We also know that you're having nightmares again," it came like a gunshot and caused me to stop mid action.

"Until they disappear again, Jihyo will take over your position."

These words hit me harder than any insult or punch ever could and I clawed my fingernails painfully into my own palms.
I didn't dare to make eye contact with one of the girls and instead I walked out of the room with quick steps.

Were they right? Maybe they were...

But even if they were, right now, my pride was too big for my own good.

So that was the last chapter for today😋 hope you stay tuned for the next one

Also, did y'all hear Rejuns cover song?
Oh boy... hearing him swear hit me hard😵😂 didn't know I needed it hahaha

Anyway, have a great day guys😋💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 11.4K 77
"CALL ME UTAH ONE MORE TIME AND I WILL END YOUR BLOOD LINE" - "WHO DO I NEED TO PUNCH?!" - "HELP THERE IS NO FOOD" - "THIS IS WHACK YO" - "MARK JUST...
262K 6.2K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? •Mafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...
74.1K 2.6K 65
‟𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚙 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚒𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚠...
78.9K 2.3K 51
secrets spread around like wild fire. who's the liar? na jaemin fanfiction mafia/gang au